Hidden

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate shrugged. "He said something about my grand grandpa and this knife." She held the knife up, flipping it around and cleaning the blade with the edge of her shirt. "But I don't know."

Jake shifted a little in his seat, turning onto the road. "Well, your great grandpa..umm..I never told you this because I was afraid this would happen, but I guess being in the dark didn't help. The war your great grandfather fought in was against them, it was underground, and the government made sure never really got out into the public. He told me all about the wars when I was young, just as I did with you..I thought it would be better it you didn't know for safety, because your grandfather killed the great grandfather of the man that tried to kill you..they want their revenge worse than we thought.." He shifted again, trying to avoid Kate's look through the mirror.

Kate stared at her father, emotionless. It was something she only did when she had no way to react, she was left in a state of void. He knew that, and thought it would be better if I didn't know..like I'd tell the world my great grandfather fought underground demon like people....

Allen had simply choose to listen this time. At first, he was going to press for more information but stopped when he realized this could be a huge scar. Neil pretty much agreed, though it shocked Allen that he didn't leave for his own home or Mother Base yet...maybe he would report this? Nahh, on the other hand..."It's amazing isn't it? How most people only believe what they can see..."

Kate nodded. "It's annoying sometimes."

Jake however, opted to stay silent.

"That's just human nature." Allen said with a shrug. "If I learned anything from my own paranormal adventures, it's that words can be easily twisted to mess with someone's life." He then pointed to the scar over his eye. "I'm living proof of that. Plus, those who say that fate is absolute has never meet me."

Kate shrugged, glancing back out the window and realizing she didn't recognize anything. "Dad..where are we?"

Jake kept his mouth shut, only took a deep breath and continued.

"Dad." By now she'd seen one sign that told her where they were. "We could come home..we don't have to report this yet.."

"Yes, we do." He said, his gaze fixed on the road ahead as he bit his lower lip.

"You do realize that noone would believe whatever we say right?" Allen said with a slight sigh. Now that one thought of it, he might've been right.

Jake slowed down a little. "I'm not going to the police."

At this, Kate sat back, understanding his motives. "Dad, they won't do anything. They're too old."

Jake looked at her through the mirror. "Oh trust me, they'll listen, and we've had a plan." He looked over to Allen. "We might need your help."

All Allen did was raise an eyebrow in intrest. This could be something big...then agan, he was used to something huge happening.

Pulling into the parking lot of a run-down building, Jake stopped the car and got out. He went over and rang the doorbell.

Unwillingly, Kate unbuckled. "If you want you can come, but I don't think it'll be much use if it's anything like it was 5 years ago." She told Allen before climbing out of the car behind her dad.

The door opened, revealing a young boy a little older than Kate, his grey eyes staring into the space behind them. "Password."

"Calivera." Jake said, taking Kate's hand. "Three. I, member Jake, daughter, and visitor."

The boy nodded. "Welcome." His voice was eerie..warm yet distant. He opened the door, allowing them in and standing by. "I will wait for your exit." He said, standing in the doorway with the door half-open.

Jake led them into a large room where three more people around Jack's age stood. They all greeted them mornfully.

"So they're back?"

"Already..I thought they'd wait longer.."

"Well, the main is dead, the second is under custody." Jake said, crossing his arms.

Kate stood by the door of the room, not participating in anything. "So they've gotten recruitments..hmm." She muttered to herself.

"hmm." He said quitely. Silently, he walked up to Jack and the group. "What exactly is going on here?" It was something both him and Neil wanted to know, though Neil choose to remain silent for the better of the situation. It seems like he just walked into an underground society or something.

One of the men looked over to Allen, then to Jake. "Who?"

Jake looked at Allen. "This is the S.N.A., aka Species Negotiation Agency." He looked over to the group. "An acquaintance that helped save my daughter, so be polite please." He added the last part a little more forced before turning back to Allen. "My grandfather found a new..species.. of human. They lived underground and where interrupting the pipelines, so they went into something like an underground war..now they want revenge because my great grandfather killed their leader. We formed the S.N.A. shortly after the war ended, so if they came back, we could reason with them or re-fight a war. Does that make everything clear?"

Kate sighed, sitting on the floor. "I visited 5 years ago after my mother died. They looked like a bunch of grandfathers to me, so I thought they were trying to tell my stories."

"That it does. My senpai told me about this but only left it as a myth of sorts." He smiled slightly. "Man, it's been forever since I had to fight something non-human." Allen let that part hang. He was more glad to be of some help, even if he never knew what was up.

Jake smiled, looking back at the group who were whispering amongst themselves.

They stopped, turning to face Allen. "What is your name?"

"Allen Seiei." He calmly introduced himself. While his name wasn't common knowledge - due to the few that are in his inner circle and not counting the organizations he works for - he never really expected anyone in the S.N.A to even have heard of him. Hell, they'd probably ask about his power.

One of the men stepped forward after a silent pause. "I am Barron."

A second man stepped forward. "Dael, nice to meet you Allen."

The third man stepped forward. "Fredrick, but I go by Rick. Pleasure to see you."

Jake nodded. "These are the current active members of the S.N.A." He turned to face the door. "Blake, why don't you come on in here, close the door please." He called.

The boy from the front door walked in, his hands running against the wall. "Yes sir?"

Jake faced Allen. "This is Blake. He guards our headquarters. He does exceptionally well considering he's blind."

At that, Kate looked up to him. Blind?! That makes sense..but a guard? Huh.. She walked up behind him. "Hey, I'm Ka-"

She was cut off by Blake's sudden movement. He spun around, grabbing her hand and twisting it behind her. "Sir, there's an intruder.."

"Blake, That's my daughter, Kate." Jake felt a little bad for him, knowing Blake didn't realize it.

Blake instantly let go of her. "Sorry madam. I didn't know."

"It's okay." Kate massaged her arm where his grip shined a bright red. "I'm Kate, it's nice to meet you Blake."

He nodded, turning to face the group. "It's nice to meet you Allen." He said. He had heard their conversation through the door. "Blake. Guard of S.N.A. headquarters and Mr. Rasti's adopted son." He did a small bow, smirking. He knew Kate didn't know, Jake Rasti told him not to tell her until needed, and he felt this was the right time.

Kate stepped back, looking from her father to Blake. So that was his secret..huh. She slid back to her spot on the wall, letting the men continue their conversation as Blake came over, sitting beside her.

"Are you okay Ms. Kate?" He said.

"Call me Kate, now that I know you're my brother."

"Adopted."

"Still, my brother." She smiled a little.

Allen watched this go on with a small smile and a hidden guarded look in his eyes. The S.N.A were somewhat intresting. Well, it was for the best that they didn't know much about him. With a sigh, he unconcicusly fiddled with the gun in his suit jacket pocket.

Kate looked over to Allen. "Are you okay?"

Blake fixed his gaze on the wall across the room, intently listening to the men's conversation on their next moves.

Allen regained his focus and looked over his shoulder at Kate. "I'm good, just a bit nervous. The chances of fighting a group of essentially meta-humans got me thinking if I should hold back or not."

"Okay. The only advice I can give is never take the enemy lightly." She turned back to Blake, asking him questions about his job.

The men turned to Allen. "How many questions can we ask before you have to keep you mouth shut?" Barron asked, quite rudely.

Jake sighed deeply. "What he means, is how much information can you give before you get in trouble, or us."

"That depends on what you guys want to know." Allen said with a slight smile. Of course he couldn't go too deep, that was apart of the job description. Hopefully, they would only ask about his work in the Shadow Forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.