Hidden: The Next Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the door was latched and locked, Matt focused his attention on the computer in front of him. The entire room was empty save for the large machine at the back of the small room. After a few minutes of searching through the system, he discovered that it wasn't exactly what he was expecting. It wasn't a surveillance monitor; it was more like a data base for the ship. It had maps and schematics of the layout of the ship, with several red dots on one of the levels. His level. Based on the path he took, the single red dot in the section marked as Navigation Computer was him.

Hmmm, he thought aloud. Red dots... that must mean they are all seekers. He didn't see any of the dots on any of the lower levels, so he deduced that all of the seekers must have spawned in on the top level.

"Shite!" He exclaimed as realization took hold, quickly drawing his pistol and unlocking the door. He started grumbling to himself as he turned left out of the doorway—scanning the perimeter for any enemies. "If we all started here, then that means the hiddens aren't on the top floor!" From the look of the map from the computer, he needed to get to the other end of the level. Rounding another corner in the hallway, he spotted three cyborgs at the far end. They all raised their weapons and fired at the same time, lighting up the hallway with multicolored neon lights. He was running at them while firing, managing to take out two before deciding to take cover in one of the rooms to his left. The cyborg stopped shooting as soon as he had left his sight, but Gibson could hear its' mechanical footsteps gradually getting closer. He didn't know if it was because these enemies weren't human, or if it was because they never got in a hurry to try and kill him, but this whole thing was making him start to stress out.

Glancing around his new surroundings, he looked to be in one of the living quarters of the ship. There was a small cot in the corner of the room, along with a chair and desk and other assortments of dressers and tables. Bloody lovely. He looked back at the doorway, catching a glimpse at the barrel of a rifle just before the cyborg came into sight. It started raising it's gun before it even seen him; he guessed that this game was getting harder as time went by. But, Matt was already waiting on it. Before it could fire, he rained a barrage of shots at the machine's head-- assuming that was it's weak point. What do you expect? The head's nine times out of ten the weak point of any enemy. It took three shots and the thing collapsed on the ground; it's once glowing red eyes now empty and desolate.

Good. Now the hall should be clear. Looking around the corner yet again, he turned right and started walking. Up on the far end of the hall he seen more fallen robotics. Okay, I guess someone has already been through there. He took the next right, remembering that there should be four elevators in the middle of the top deck. He needed to get to the lower levels, knowing that there weren't any hiddens on the top floor. He started to walk up to the lift, when the floor just... wasn't there anymore.

"Fuck-shite!" He shouted in surprise as he started to fall. A person doesn't know true fear until they start falling for no bloody reason. He flailed his arms up, reflexively trying to grab hold of anything he could. His right hand smacked flat on the floor, but that only slowed his descent. He had no grip, and he slid two more feet before luckily hanging by his fingertips. As soon as he stopped falling, the was a moment where he almost burst into a frantic laughter from narrowly averting his demise. But then he felt the pain in his wrist and fingers, and knew that he couldn't hold on for very long.

"Shite, fuck!" Another shout as he dug his feet into the smooth metallic surface of the side of the hole in the floor, reaching up with his left hand to try and pull himself up. His feet just kept slipping, almost making him lose his grip, but he did manage to crawl back to safety. He was out of breath, and shaken.

He picked up his pistol, having dropped it as soon as he started falling, and got to his feet. "Thank Christ I didn't loose this baby." The hole sealed up after he had climbed out, resetting the trap. He figured that there were probably more around all of the lifts. He didn't want to find out. Taking a two-step sprint and leaping, he made it to the elevator, and pressed the button. A little ding lit up the odd silence of the area, and he stepped inside, pressing the number "2" after turning around. He stood to the back and the side, not wanting to be in view to any outsiders when the automated door opened again. Just then, he heard the beeping as a voice rang out from nowhere. It informed him he had only twenty-one minutes left. He had his sidearm raised and ready, taking aim at the door. He chuckled quietly, and spoke aloud.

"Going down..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Sliding her helmet off, Tayla examined the other three hidden. "Well, I'm Tayla. I can definitely keep quiet, in case you didn't notice that I snuck up on you all. And I'm getting a little bit impatient. I realize that you," she pointed at Tony. "know what's going on here. So get leading. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't feel comfortable standing around in one spot while time ticks down. I want to find my seeker and get this over with. Can we go upstairs?" Turning, she made her way down the hall, careful to keep her steps quiet. Hopefully, they would follow.

Peeking around the corner, she looked down the hall and sighed. It was absolutely covered in monstrous machines. The seekers would have a bad time getting through that. "Tony, how do we get up higher?" she demanded, brows furrowing as she turned back to the other hidden. She was nervous, though none of these strangers would know it from the calm set of her jaw. Only her eyes betrayed her. She didn't trust any of them, especially not the big blonde man. What kind of name was Wolf? It seemed so odd. And he had wolf eyes himself, cold and ruthless. She'd need to try to keep Tony between them. It wouldn't do to be stabbed in the back.

For a moment, she questioned her paranoia. Even though she had no memory of her life before Hidden, she knew she'd always been trusting. Maybe it was just the intense circumstances that had her on edge. In any case, she would take her nervous energy over apathy. She couldn't afford to slip up and, well, die. That was certainly not in the cards, if she could help it.

Reactions: 3 people
Wolf chuckled to himself and looked at his feet. He shook his head at his feet, "So, we have a screamer, a loudmouth, and a ditz. Perfect. At least the ditz seems to want to get something done." He looked to Tayla and smiled. "Well, that sounds like a high and mighty plan, you might have noticed that these robots have been following us." He looked past the doorway and into the hallway to see the robots that had changed their patrol to accommodate for the large cluster of Hidden. "On top of that, I have a feeling that some Seekers may just open fire on Hidden they identify as not theirs. It would eliminate competition, make it easier for them in the latter rounds. I suggest we keep our symbols hidden until we find most of the Seekers. And even then, one at a time, giving the others time to book it. If we can agree on something like that, I think we can work together." He looked the others in the room once over. He didn't want to get to Seekers to be killed by them. He eyed Tayla less than he did the others. She seemed to actually concerned about his motivations. That made him trust her just a little bit more.

The wall was hitting against him constantly that gradually woke him up.. "mmmmmmm.." It sounded like he was humming as his face got slammed in the ground. That definetly got his eyes open. "Where... is this...?" He confusingly said, followed by him positioning and leaning himself against the wall. He scanned his whereabouts and could feel that he was being moved. He pushed himself up as he ran his fingers through his hair. "What is this?.." He said. Dante had no recollection on how he got there, or who he was. His past was shrouded in darkness. Though another memory was there instead. It all started to come back to him gradually as he noticed that he was in some sort of a storage room with big black lockers that held something important inside. Or else they wouldn't have had such advanced locks. The first thing that came to his mind was that he had to find someone, but he did not know his/her face, all he knew was that the time was ticking and this was a game. A game? That is hilarious. But deep down, he knew that it was true.

Dante unconsciously uttered a word. "Info-bot: Give me speed.." For some odd reason he knew what he was saying and he heard a sudden voice that sounded like an AI. "Confirmed: Hidden - Dante: - Speed activated" Dante decided to venture out from the small room he was in as the door before him automatcally opened. He stuck his head out and looked around both the sides and noticed some weird robots crawling about. What the hell was going on? All he knew was that he needed to find someone, and that this was a dangerous game. However, this was just the beginning. Who knew what the future might have for Dante.

Last edited:
Deciding to completely ignore the big brute that seemed to persistently want to call Winter a screamer when all she did was call out for anyone near her. If he called her that one more time she swears she was gonna make him scream. Turning her attention to Tony she smiles noticing him looking at her when she took her helmet off, she couldnt help but find the somewhat bashful boy cute. "Ah so Rob and Skye are here as well? Great...." Her voice is laden with sarcasm shaking her head slightly making her golden locks drift around her.

When the girl-Tayla speaks she frowns slightly, the girl seemed pretty antsy to her, she couldnt blame her, she wanted out of this just as much. But it still seemed off to her, though it might just be her own paranoia acting up on her.
"I imagine there is some kind of elevator that can take us upstairs, or downstairs if there is one. But I doubt mechies over there will allow us to get into one, or at least not more than one of us, might be a little cramped having all these guys with us." Her voice is thoughtful and a bit teasing.

Winter eyes Wolf's outstretched hand a little warily before shaking it, her grip was gentle but held strength to it.
"I'll stop calling you big brute if you stop calling me a screamer, deal? Wolf" She grins confidently. The giant man didnt scare her, even though he should she could definitely see a feralness to him. But for reasons unknown even to her she was strangely calm, like being around people like him wasnt uncommon for her. Deciding not to dwell on it she sighs softly her sapphire gaze going back to Tony. "Well what now? Most likely cant go up, dont know if we want to go down, and we have a boss next door. Say who wants to go check out the big bad eh?" Her voice takes a playful tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thane glanced behind him to see the Emile (sorry if thats wrong) guy quickly catching up to him and fighting in near sync with Thane. After looking around the room seeing it was empty quarters of some sort he heads back out. Not seeing any enemies near by he approaches Robert and Emile, resting the flat of his blade against his shoulder in a fluid motion.
"So uh, where to now lads? Unlike the others I have no thirst for blood, I just want to find my Hidden, beat the boss, and get the hell outta here." His voice is smooth and confident but also serious looking from Rob to Emile.

Hearing someone calling out, it was coming from the save point. Thanatos turns toward the voice, but before he could respond a blast shoots past him, grazing his arm.
"Shit!" He quickly ducks taking cover behind the wall, the mans call must of drawn some of the Cyborgs to them. He glances at his arm, he was bleeding but it wasnt too bad. Taking a deep breath he summons his Cryo, the air around him growing quite cold as multiple ice spike form around him in the air. Once he formed about 10 he thrusts out his hand toward where the Cyborgs were, the spikes shooting out to impale them down the hall.

Last edited:
Liam felt and heard a loud bang and his eyes opened as he gasped for air. He looked around with his eyes, his vision blurry. It was hard to breathe at some time. "Info-Bot: Juice me up...mmph.." he groaned as he touched his head. For some reason, he knew what he was talking about. He shook his head as he sat up and sat his hand on his head and rubbed it. "Where the hell am I?" he asked. Soon, as he was looked around and got up and walked to this computer where for some reason was blinking, he typed what was on his mind, super strength, he didn't know why but he did. Son he heard a voice "Confirmed: Seeker Liam: Super Strength ability activated." it said as he looked around and saw a sword laying near some weapons. He's a good shot but he's way better with a blade. He took the blade and smiled, "This'll work." he smiled as he turned around and looked at the door standing in front of him. He looked down and saw the suit he was wearing. He didn't know how he got this on but he knew it was for a good reason. He saw the door and walked near it. It was creepy on the outside. He knew for some reason that he need to find someone but he didn't know who. He walked out and looked around and then saw these spiders swarming around. They looked like different types of spiders. That's when he knew this was a game. He was in a live action game "Shit....." he exclaimed to himself. He walked further out. "Hello? Anyone here?" he spoke, wondering if anyone was going to hear him.

Soon, out of nowhere he saw a ball of plasma heading his way. He dodged the blast and looked around and saw a man forming some kind of air. He could feel the cool breeze coming and the soon it was gone as the male thrusted his arms out and impaled the Cyborgs that were near them.

He was about to get up until he felt a hand touch him and grab his neck and throw him into a metal wall. "Mmmph!" he grunted as he got up. He made a huge dent into the wall. He saw the Cyborg come his way, following another one. He charged it as well, it was like slow motion "Focus..." he said to himself as he ran and jumped in the air and did a back flip and kicked the Cyborg in the head, making it fall backwards onto the other one and then Liam landed behind them and charged with his blade scratching the ground and passed them with his blade slicing straight through the middle. He stopped and looked behind him as they didn't move. He looked at the guy who impaled the others and slowly walked near him "Hello?" he asked. "I'm sorry, about that." he said quietly.

When Naeomi awoke, she spent about a minute and a half panicking. Where was she? Where was everybody? Who was everybody? The girl scrambled to her feet quickly glancing about and it was then that she noticed the screen hovering two inches from the tip of her nose. Which weapon? Before she even realized what she was doing, Naeomi jabbed the picture of the laser gun and within moments said weapon appeared in a holster on her hip.
The girl let out an 'eeep!' of utter horror and a bit of fascination as she watched it materialized.
"Info-bot what am I supposed to do?"

Wait.

What?
"Player: Naeomi Quinn. Mission: Find Hidden. " A calm female voice responded almost immediately.
She really needed to get a grip and get moving to find her Hidden. Who knows what could come busting in to eat her face or tear her head off or something equally gruesome.
"Info-bot, where am I?"
This time the voice didn't
respond but instead a transparent screen displaying a map appeared in front of her. So she was on the top floor. Damn it. I hope to hell that my stupid Hidden is up here so I won't have to go down any steps. She thought as she dashed out the door and into the hallway.

Last edited:
After asking the info-bot a few questions, Kyth grinned to himself and once more opened the door that led out to the hall. Seeing as the robots wouldn't attack him, he figured there was little reason to stay put. He needed to be found by his Seeker, after all and his moving about would hopefully facilitate that happening. Well, as long as he didn't run into a different Seeker that was a murder happy fool. That could throw a wrench into the works... Well, he was going to roll the dice and damned well hope for the best.

Thus he stepped into the hall, making a face at the cyborgs that turned glowing red eyes his way. Several of the spider-like robots scuttled towards him, as if to urge him back into the room he had exited and he slipped around them with an amused little smirk on his face. As the humanoid cyborgs began to move as well, he moved 5' west, down the hall to peer around the corner towards the south. Then he glanced towards the nearby door. For a moment he pondered trying to open that door to see what lay behind it, but shoved the notion aside.

The spider-bots scurried closer, trying to get around in front of him in their efforts to herd him back to his starting location and again he moved to avoid them, slipping down the hall that was leading southwards. Despite the smirk that was upon his face, he moved cautiously. There were traps in the game after all and he had no plans on falling prey to them. After moving about 20' the hall appeared to lead into a larger, open area though Kyth made no move to enter it just yet. Slowly he poked his head around the western corner trying to get a good look of the area the hall led to. He was ready to take advantage of the speed skill to make a break back towards the cyborgs and spider-bots that were tailing him, if the need arose.

ERROR WARNING! CODE AR598!
>>GLITCH DETECTED!
>>>WARNING GLITCH DETECTED
>>>LOCATION: MIDDLE DECK ELEVATOR 4

Reactions: Boss Megu
Things were about to get seriously messed up, by the looks of it. Anthony looked around at the sudden warning of the bot. Red lights began flashing on the wall and an alarm rang. The robots that followed them gave a mechanical whirr and some had the sudden beep of new objectives.

"Oh crud." He said said through gritted teeth. "Skye's here."

Leisurely making some of the alarm lights explode, Skye went on her pace like it was nobody's business. She held no weapon but her pyrokinesis, ridding her path of the sudden charge of the robot soldiers. After the ten second mark, the alarms died out, leaving her in partial darkness with the skele-bot. All eight feet of it towered over her as she blasted away spiders and soldiers with mere arm waves. She triggered a trap even before she could defend herself from the flurry of shots the skele-bot aimed at her.

But she was faster, stronger and smarter than Maker's creations, as she liked to think.

In the upper deck, Emile was about to say something cool and witty to the friendly looking one who approached Thane-it was coming, he'd swear- but the bot made it known to all that a glitch is somehow causing trouble in the Middle Deck. "A glitch? Like, a real glitch? Here? How? Is it the one you're supposed to 'eradicate'?" Emile turned his questions to Robert.

Anthony was internally panicking. It was like Stage 1 all over again but this time, Skye is about to find them before Robert could.

"W-we have to get out of here!" He said, taking note of the robots. Most of those that flanked them had gone left, the direction Wolf was turned back to. "It's Skye-We can't- We gotta-"

"DUCK! STAY DOWN-wait no-JUMP!"

As the robots left, various traps activated and Anthony yelled consecutive directions, successfully remembering and identifying which trap did what. He was surprised by the sudden aggressive stance the Maker was taking on Skye. Wasn't it Robert's job to delete her?

"She's going to wake up the boss." Anthony was panting to the other three. "Skye will. And the boss is. The boss is real tricky. We won't stand a chance once she does." He wasn't quite sure of how coherent he was at the moment, his heart was beating way too fast. "We have to get up now. Those robots can only stall her for a bit." If only there was another player somewhere who could stop her from waking the boss. If there was only someone who would stop her. If only...

Damn it, where's Robert!

"This way!" Anthony took Winter and Tayla with him, going the opposite direction of the robots that left. "Skye wouldn't go back to things she already destroyed. We have to get to the elevators-"

In his haste, he stepped right on a trap. The moment he realized what was going on, he threw Winter and Tayla with all his might off the platform that suspended him in zero gravity. His breath caught, unable to breathe, but he managed to snap the helmet back in place. That one block where he was hovering had no gravity nor air.

Before Anthony could play martyr or whatever he was trying to achieve, an eerily mirthful laughter resounded from the end of the hall and there was Skye, clutching her tummy and practically doubled over in her laughter. "Wh-who-" she gasped, trying to regain her poise. "-the hell stuffed the Schwarzenegger-sized bloke in this Catwoman cloth?!"

Anthony couldn't help but be distracted for one second that Skye was laughing at Wolf. But to his surprise, he was knocked right off the zero gravity suspension by the latter. He yelped in pain, feeling something in him break on their landing. A rib of all things, but thankfully not a leg so he could manage to follow the others, hurrying mutely.

"Heeey!" Skye chimed, shooting fireballs in random directions, damaging the hallways and killing robot after robot. The floor seemed to shake in small tremors with her level 3 Pyrokinesis. She was zooming toward them every so often, boosted by her abilities but hindered by the many robots attacking her. "Are you gonna trap and kill those newbies to gain their power? Like you did once, before?"

A fireball narrowly missed him and he stumbled. She picked now of all times to speak about the first game! However, it reminded him that there was something he hadn't done yet. Hoping they didn't hear her, he went on and said "Info-bot, activate Hidden ability: Invisibility!"

"Hidden Confirmed: Anthony Rushmore. Hidden ability: Healing. Hidden Ability: Invisibility."

"AAAARGH! DON'T YOU HIDE! STAY PUT WHERE I CAN TOAST YOU-!"

Skye was literally on fire now, ejecting flames from her whole body. She tossed more fire, formless, aimless as she saw Anthony re-materialize in the elevator. She stopped when the door closed.

"I still want to play." She huffed as she narrowed her eyes and kicked away a robot soldier. She turned, looking more viciously angry than ever. "This game is only starting." she jutted her chin and gathered up wind. While it's strange for there to be any in a spaceship, Skye was drawing the Middle Deck's oxygen to her and used it as boost to get right to the Boss room.

"Game," She said, her lip curled into a smirk. "Start!" She blasted the boss door open, alerting the Octo-bot. She strut right in and waved at the Boss before boosting herself back out quickly.

The Boss activated itself upon picking up the signals of Skye's suit. She woke it but didn't attack it, leaving it to rampage freely in the Middle Deck and to try to find players. She knew she was registered as a glitch in the system and that Stage Bosses were programmed to attack only Hidden and Seekers. Had she attacked, it would focus on her.

There was a loud explosion and the floor shook so hard Emile toppled over to Robert. "What the fuck?" He said as he regained balance. "Robert! What is going on!"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Tayla was about to turn her wrath on Wolf when all hell broke loose. The bot started announcing the arrival of a glitch, and then a woman appeared who attracted the attention of just about every robot in the game. She destroyed them with ease, and Tayla's heart began to pound. Just as it started to race, Anthony was grabbing her and dragging her down the next hall. Suddenly, he was stuck in a field without gravity, just floating and struggling with his helmet.

Narrowing her eyes, Tayla looked back to Wolf as the glitch bent over in laughter. "Wolf! If you get going fast enough, a jump through the zero gravity field should get you here just fine." She wasn't sure he'd be able to hear her at all, considering sound needed a medium to travel through. "Your inertia should carry you through. Up to you," she finished, turning to Winter and grimacing. "We need to follow Anthony's orders. I don't want to be around for that boss."

Looking around, she spotted a destroyed spider. "And I need a weapon," she muttered, mostly to herself. The spider had long, claw-like limbs. There was a bolt about halfway up the legs. Quickly, she was pulling the bolt apart until the leg fell loose. Picking it up, she swung it around. It was kind of like a scythe. Carefully, she touched the blade-like foot. It cut, and she smiled. She had what she needed. "Let's go!" she snapped, and took off for the elevator. The sooner they were off the second floor, the sooner they didn't have to face whatever god awful beast was lurking within.

Dante panicked as the bot raised an alarm and relayed a message throughout the ship. "A glitch?.." He confusingly wondered as he stepped out of the room and saw the robots freaking out. Dante slowly approached and passed the robots so they wouldn't harm him, because as weird as it sounds, they were not paying him any attention. He walked through the ship and peeked his head outside and towards the elevators. "DAFUUQ?".. He uttered as he turned around and hid behind the wall. Wondering what on earth was happening. Was this really a game? Or was it more like a life and death situation? Why was he even there? Why does he have to find someone? So many questions ran through his mind at that moment as sweat started to develop around his face.

Before anything could happen to him, or before he got in any danger, he decided to run away from the elevators, even if he revealed his position to anyone. He ran towards something that looked like the end of the ship in some sense. It had some big engines as he rolled on the ground and had a defensive stance. Looking around his surroundings, he continued to run. "Run Dante... Get out of this... Mess!" He repeatedly told himself that, so he would have enough courage and will to make it past whatever that was coming. Was there even anything that was coming for him? Was he just delusional or what?

Wolf watched as everything seemed to go into a panic around him. Alarms sounded, robots scrambled, and his compatriots made off like scared rabbits. He turned to the woman who was laughing at his attire. There was obviously something wrong with her. People, and things, were calling her a glitch, and she destroyed many of the robots with such ease. He looked at her, then down the other way. He was definitely stuck between a rock and a hard place. He turned towards the others, and began to run. His new found speed helping tremendously, he barreled straight through the area of anti-gravity and right through Anthony, taking him with. He rolled out the other side and kept on moving at a quick jogging pace. He turned back to the group, "Come on, we have better move unless we want this glitch to be the end of us all." He made his way quickly to the elevators and stepped into one, but waited for the others. As soon as those who were coming were there, he mashed the button to go the the upper floor. He sat there for a while, amused by the fact that there was light music playing.

++++++++
Robert leaned on the wall trying to regulate his breathing.

He glanced at his pistol and saw it had reloaded back to 9 shots. He watched with half an eye as Thane got himself in danger, sort of and met up with a new person. Liam. His stored data provided, but really right now, he was doing all he could to stay conscious.

Those bastard cyborgs were handy with their lasers. He released his hold on his stomach and gritted his teeth. Well, seems they had a direct hit today. He pulled himself up, holding slightly on to the wall. Breathe, Sinclaire, breathe. He told himself repeatedly.

The jerk/bastard/asshole/moronic bot made itself known.

Robert froze from where he leaned.

He stood frozen. He didn't breathe, his eyes were unseeing, and he felt no pain. Something inside him just...CLICKED into place. The Glitch was detected. Data was being sent to him in a blink of a second.

The Glitch was detected.

Robert exhaled silently, he closed his violet eyes and the pain came back full blast in vengeance. This was Maker then. Reminding him that he didn't have time babysitting newbies. His primary objective had always been to destroy the glitch. Survival had always been the lowest priority. He was nothing more but a pawn.

He heard Van Dyke speak, but he couldn't make out his question. All he could hear was the blood pounding in his ears. He hurt so much. He HATED pain. HATED it as much as he hated spiders.

A blast shook the entire ship and Robert winced as the bluenette fell on top of him, trapping him on the wall behind him. Van Dyke had quickly gotten off him and Robert couldn't help but moan in pain. He turned his eyes to the other's red ones and gave a wry smile.

"Well..." he started and walked towards the nearest elevator, shooting the cyborgs-things around with ease, ducking when he needed to recharge after his ninth shot. "The BITCH . . . well, Glitch really but that's the same to me--she just woke our stage boss." he continued as he shot a cyborg without looking and pressed the down button.

He inhaled slowly. If he ignored the pain, maybe it would go away? . . . no, that wasn't going to happen. He groaned as he heard the familiar sound. One they had all heard in Level One. Special Time Rule Deduction.

Players,
Currently, you have 16 minutes.
However, The Maker's Octobot is awake.
Level 2 Boss is activated.

Seekers, defeating it means instant victory.
Are you willing to take that risk?

>>Error<<
Glitch--located--error
Boss code: Error. String code unreadable.
Glitch not an objective. Override cancelled.
Glitch. Glitch. GLITCH!
Twister, finish your objective.

Eradicate the Glitch.
<<Error>>

Players, now that the Boss is awake.
Your current time will be cut in half.
This is The Maker's Consideration for instant win.
You have 8 minutes left.

Hurry.
The elevator down opened and before he could get inside, he stopped. There was an error in that message. He huffed to himself in amusement. Well, it seems like The Maker had attempted to rewrite the Boss code to attack the Glitch and now it's up to him again.

Typical Maker. Useless. And pretty desperate too, if he was voicing out his orders in the Bot wide alert. Huh. Skye must be really berserk now. He pressed his wound and stepped forward. He completely ignored the others he was traveling with.

This was his job now. He couldn't take players with him. They had their own problems to deal with. He had to get rid of this bitch and then find his Vi.

Robert turned around as he heard the elevator across him come to a halt with a "DING". He turned around, summoning more than 3 dozen sharp ice shards floating in front of the elevator door. His hair had effectively turned white as did his eyes.

The surrounded area had frozen over and the cyborgs in the area had frozen and their circuits ruined. He had his left arm raised as he controlled the frozen shards. This could be Skye. He wouldn't put it past her to have killed everyone below and have his baby to mess with his head.

A quick pang of pain flashed through his heart at the thought of Anthony dead. He ignored it. He was just disappointed. He had saved the dude multiple times, it was just natural to feel like that after saving his ridiculous ass in every game level.

The doors opened and the shards moved in quickly, before the person inside could realize. He stopped them just in time. Robert had seen a flash of blonde and had halted the ice attack.

But he frowned in his shock. The blonde he was expecting to see was just that girl in Level 1. What was her name again? Snow? It had something to do with cold things? Ice cream? Nah, that's a stupid name. Winter. His internal game data provided. He nodded to himself. Right. Winter. Useless girl who kept screaming, useless but kind.

Like his...

White-Violet met blue and the ice shards vanished, but the floor was still encased in ice. His hair and eyes still white, he couldn't afford to not be on guard. Level 2 boss was especially tricky.

"Anthony..." he greeted and stepped closer in their direction. "Where the hell have you been?!" he demanded, scowling at the other. "And will you get over here. I've got a ton to do and I'm on a freaking schedule. The Octobot won't calm down by itself and the bitch glitch certainly won't die by herself."

Looking at Anthony's companions, he couldn't help but snort. "I see . . . you found yourself a bodyguard." He pointed out, looking at the rather buff guy looking absolutely ridiculous in the suit Maker designed.

At least everyone knew that The Maker shouldn't branch out in designing RTW clothes. The suit was such a perfect example.

"And, Rushmore, do you remember Van Dyke?" he spoke, as if remembering the people he was with, they were so not worth his time right now. "Apparently, he's back from the dead."

Robert was amused but he really needed to get back to work. The Maker insists. The ship shook again and he sighed. Things he does to keep the game running.

Sucks to be him.

++++++++

"I'm not back from the dead, for fuck's sake. I haven't died." Emile said impatiently, immediately noticing that the lad Robert was speaking to-and Robert himself- were struggling with wounds. "What the. Get yourself out of there. Robert put your icicles away, these are Hidden!"

"Robert-" Anthony attempted to say, but it came out as a weak "Rob-" followed by a cough of blood that spattered on the cold floor. Emile put Anthony beside Robert, pain pretty evident on both faces. "Guys, come on out." He said to the rest.

"I think you got a fracture." Emile said quickly going back to the wounded duo. Anthony waved a dismissive hand. "Skye's-The Boss-" another bloody cough. Emile looked around as if anyone had cloth with them. Anthony patted Emile's shoulder and turned to Robert. He unzipped his suit and struggled to pull his arm out. Emile wasn't quite sure what for but he assisted, helping to make sure he didn't move his torso too much. When Anthony got his hand out, he touched Robert's forehead and his mark glowed blue, activating his healing on Robert. Emile was quick to see it.

"Holy shit! You're my Hidden!" He gasped happily. "We fucking win!"

He pulled the neck part of his suit down, Showing Anthony his mark. It was a glowing + near the right part of his neck, just under his jaw. Anthony was startled and let Robert go immediately as if he had passed the Twister a virus from his hand. He looked at his symbol a + and gaped at it for awhile. It was still glowing. It meant that they had taken one step to winning.

He was found!

He held his rib, also healing it and a message rang again.

"Seeker: Emile van Dyke. Hidden: Anthony Rushmore. Objective completed. Return to Save Point."

Emile let out a nervous laugh. "We can get out now!"

Anthony looked from Winter to Robert, as he took lung-fulls of air with his healed body functioning better. "Y-yeah." He said weakly, still in disbelief. What's up with me? Why am I not excited anymore? I've been stuck in this horrible game for what feels like years!

There was another explosion and they were all shaken on their feet. "Well, you heard. We have to go to Save Point." Emile said, his tone also changed. He realized that it would mean leaving all these strangers behind. That was just not like him. He spent his life dedicated to helping people after all.

Wait, what life? Nothing rung a bell. Just the feeling that he has some helping to do.

"I want to stay for a bit." Anthony decided. "I can't just-"

"I know, me too." Emile patted the blond's shoulders.

In Middle Deck, Skye had just blasted open the entrance to the engineering room. She was pretty ready to play with the controls and see which one affects the Upper Deck so the players would be forced to go down. She found something-someone else.

"Ooh. Hidden newbie!" She clapped in delight. "I'm glad I found you! I'm a Seeker! I can't exactly show you my symbol, it's somewhere I can't um. But let me see yours!"

He saw as the guy looked a little hurt but walked past him like he wasn't even their "He.." he stopped as he heard something saying GLITCH. He knew it wasn't good as he saw the guy haul ass. He followed and stayed behind him. He dodged and jumped over the cyborgs that came out. It was chaotic. He wasn't just a newbie. He hated that shit. He ran behind the guy and stood near him until something fell and nearly crushed them. He helped the guy out "Come on.." he said as he continued to run and jumped into this elevator. But something grabbed Liam, he gasped and slung his leg up and kicked the thing straight into his head, until more came around and grabbed him "NO!" he yelled as he swung his sword in a circle and sliced them in half and jumped through the doors. He breathed in and out, he sat down a little. He was cut up pretty good. His symbol was showing but he didn't really new what it actually meant. He needed to find his hidden. He looked as the people around him knew each other. He tried to stay away..didn't want to be in the way. Who cares really, he is an outcast to them anyways. A Newbie..

Wolf looked over the Seekers he just came across, distancing himself slightly from the group. He was already used to ignoring jokes about his physical stature. He had always been a mountain of meat, and he vaguely felt that it used to be very useful for what he did before, before this damn game. "Alright, so one pair has been located, how about we all show our signs, no? As long as we can be certain we are relatively safe in each others company. We all just want to get out, right?" He looked the entire group over several times, and then he began unzipping his suit so he could get his arm free. He puled his arm out of the suit to reveal a softly glowing blue club, like that on a deck of cards. He made it obvious, and looked the others in the group over. "Well, anyone see what they like?" He smiled a toothy grin at the others, but was tense, He was wound up, and ready to bolt if he needed to.

Watching Wolf carefully, she smiled as he showed his symbol. Good idea. Leaning her weapon against her left elbow, she used her hand to roll down her left sleeve. It was tight, but she managed. "Anyone match a blue spade?" She asked, voice hopeful. It would really suck if her partner wasn't in the group. She didn't think she had time to find them if her seeker wasn't. That meant death. For whatever reason, the thought didn't scare her it just…existed. She supposed, if she was gone forever, then it really didn't matter what she thought about the whole thing. Shaking her head slightly, she sighed and tried to calm her pulse. If her partner wasn't around, she'd do whatever it took to help with the boss.

Furrowing his brow, Kyth frowned a bit at the warning of a glitch being detected. Oh that was wonderful! A game where lives were on the line and there was a glitch. Someone should shoot the damned creator for a lack of bug testing. Yep, that was his opinion on the matter. Oh well though, what could he do about it? Not a damned thing other than stay alive, that's what.

Just as he was about to about to start moving again, the entire ship shuddered and shook sending him tumbling to the floor in the larger open space. A grunt of pain escaped him as he landed on his right shoulder, though he rolled with the momentum of the fall and was back to on his feet swiftly. Despite the rather awkward moment, mirth danced in his eyes as a broad grin took hold of his slightly angular features. That was enough to get the adrenaline pumping! Something was stirring up one hell of a ruckus down below, that much was certain, a part of him regretted that he wasn't down there to see what.

Cautiously, he began to move more towards the west, ignoring the scuttling sound of the spider bots that were tailing him and trying to catch up. At the least the sound of the cyborgs following had trailed off. Maybe the blasts that had rocked the ship managed to knock the shiny metal bastards off their feet. When the next, rather longer, message came, Kyth paused in his steps and all hints of amusement vanished as his expression grew annoyed. Really? Glitches galore. Time cut in half because some idiot woke the boss? What kind of crap was that? He wanted to flail in frustration, but refrained and kept things to quietly muttered curses.

Those curses quickly cut off as the sound of voices reached his ears, causing him to tilt his head slightly to one side. Others were close, several others judging from the number of different voices he heard. Well, this could be a bad thing, or it could be a good thing. They had to be friendly, right? That many gathered together and not trying to kill each other... Or it could be one hell of a large alliance within the game. Should he roll the dice and take a chance? Why the hell not.

With that decision made, Kyth began moving once more. He didn't rush hastily towards the sound of others talking, though. That would be stupid. Thus he moved to creep along the wall north of him, darting past the opening of another hall to a cornered section of wall. Creeping further down the angled part of that wall he peered around the bend down the smaller hall that led to the west. The one that held the entrances to the lifts. Should anyone glance in his direction and spot his head poked around that bend they would easily see his Hidden symbol, a blue ☼, right in the center of his forehead.

Winter barely had any time to think much less react as alarms rang, the bitch Skye appeared, causing havoc all of her own. And then she was pulled along by Tony in an attempt to escape, then she was shoved away after Tony activated a trap, and a black giant-Wolf barrels through the zero gravity area effectively tackling Tony at the same time only to end up on the other end. Jeeze these guys took chaos to a whole new level, she quickly followed the others jumping around trying her best to dodge Skye's fireballs, the she-bitch didnt seem to take the hint that THEY DIDNT WANT TO PLAY! At least not with crazy fireball lady.

One fireball barrels straight toward her, dodging to the left it narrowly misses her, singing her cheek in the process. Winter smelled burning hair and noticed a lock of her hair had gotten fried too, growling in aggravation she jumps into the elevator. Seeing Tony had re-materialized inside it, landing in a roll she stands up next to him panting softly. Finally catching her breath and relaxing some as the doors close and they start going up, at least it was away from Skye.

When the doors open up to reveal many ice shards flying straight for her, her blue eyes widen in surprise unable to move in time before they would impale her, but they stop just in time. Blinking she stays still for a moment unsure why they stopped before looking past them to see Robert, giving him a nasty scowl and a hotty huff she folds her arms walking out of the elevator. "Jeeze! Meany Rob that could of really hurt! And why is it so freezing in here..." She rubs her arms shivering lightly. Her voice is a bit childish in her anger, but soon fades as she sees Tony and Rob were severely injured. Frowning her anger turning to concern and worry she ignores Roberts comments to Wolf and his fashionable attire. Stepping in front of the 2 men (Rob and Tony) her sapphire eyes showing her worry. "Octobot and Skye or not your both injured, stop rushing to your death dumby head." Her voice is chastising, but soft obvious concern showing her voice.

Seeing Tony healing Robert than himself she felt useless, maybe choosing healing as her ability wasnt the best idea. She was soon pulled from her thoughts though as Tony and a person people were calling Van Dyke had matching symbols, showing that they found each other. A small smile slowly comes to her lips, she was happy for them, at least someone deserved to get out of this game alive, and Tony was definitely one of them. Despite what Skye said before about his Hidden abilities. As everyone started showing their symbols she hesitates, her gaze going to the inside of her front left hip, a faint blush tinging her cheeks. How the hell was she suppose to show her symbol? At least without half undressing....Oh this was just getting better.
"Umm...I would but uh...Its not exactly in uh....Easy place to see" Her voice showed her embarrassment. Ya cuz that didnt sound stupid at all, way to go Win!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanatos grimaced in pain, placing his hand against the small wound on his arm, blood was showing on his fingers. Looking to the guy that had yelled he gives him a somewhat cocky but friendly grin.
"Eh? Its fine, no big deal just a scratch" But before he could say more a whole bunch of things happened in a row. Alarms blared, a robotic voiced called out that there was a glitch detected, there was a massive shake and jolt throughout the ship right before the "Octobot" A.K.A Boss was said to be awake cutting their time in half. Great...And he hadnt even found his Hidden yet!

Walking toward where the others seemed to be going, the man that had called him Horse-kid seemed pretty badly wounded but too stubborn to stop going. He could respect that, he was much the same way, especially if someone was depending on him. Suddenly the air grew rather cold around them, frost lining the metal floors and walls, Roberts hair and eyes growing white. Well what got his icicle-butt in a twist? He soon found out as an elevator opened to reveal a small group of people. Robert nearly impaling one of the girls, a blonde. Jeeze that guy was rough around the edges, at least it seemed like the girl wasnt too traumatized and looked like she knew Robert.

Thane walks over to the side of the elevator, his sword still in his hand as he leans against the wall next to it. Watching the events play out in front of him with keen emerald eyes. When everyone started showing there symbols in hopes of finding there partner he decided to join in. Unzipping the top half of his suit, revealing a lean but muscular and toned body. His symbol
was right over his heart, glowing a faint red. "Well heres mine, so any of you lads or lasses my partner?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.