Hidden in Plain Sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Who is it?" His sister asked, not bothering to look away from the laptop screen. Jax shrugged his shoulders lazily, but inside his stomach was twisting in knots. "Just Seb." He replied back. It was obviously a lie, but he couldn't tell his sister he was texting a girl, that would raise too many suspicions. She's always been pushing him to get a girlfriend, but it was never one of his priorities while he was still in school. Maybe once he settled down in his life, got a steady job and a place of his own, sure he would get one, but things were too hectic with school to even think about it. His sister nodded her head, barely even paying attention to him. "Cool. Tell him I said hi or whatever."

Jaxon rolled his eyes, rolling around so he was laying on his back instead of his stomach. His sister only lifted her torso up enough for him to move before she plopped back down, now using his stomach as a pillow. Jax locked his phone and put it on his chest as he closed his eyes, awaiting a response, though not expecting an immediate one. His phone vibrated about a minute later, surprising him. He quickly unlocked it and read through the message, trying to hide the smile he could feel curling his lips.

'What can I say? You're a special girl.'

He tapped out the message quickly before pressing send, not giving it a second thought.

Once again amelia was interrupted by her phone blaring her favorite song. Glancing over the words, Amelia quickly locked her phone as her face blazed red. Her heart was hammering as the words played over and over in her mind.
Did Jax really mean that or was he just a flirt? Amelia wasn't too sure as she lifted her phone like it was a deadly rattlesnake and opened the message. Taking a deep breath, Amelia typed back the first thing that came to mind, 'For every special girl there's a special guy right? ;)' she pressed send before she could over think her statement and went back to her email.
Amelia clicked on what was probably her three hundredth email. She was tired and her fingers were sore from typing as the message appeared on her screen.
Her eyes ran over the words and something was different about this one. It wasn't just a crazed fan obsessed with who they thought Poco was. It was heartfelt, asking to meet with Poco, her role model and Amelia found a smile on her face. She typed a quick message back agreeing to meet with the girl once her classes were over. Little did she know it was Jax's little sister.

275ec026db63661c889a6f0f1538f1f0.jpg

40c9b4f84eb7a9ce710d49c8f9f9afb2.jpg

Jax let out a loud yawn after he sent his text. "Hand me a pillow, would you?" He asked Genevieve, immediately receiving a pillow in the face. "Here you go!" She said cheerfully, taking up position once more on his stomach. "Thanks.." He grumbled, pushing the pillow under his head before he laid back down on it. "I think I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when dinner's done." His sister only grunted in response. Jaxon closed his eyes, and fell asleep instantly.

Time had passed. He didn't know how much, but it definitely wasn't dinner time. Genevieve was jumping on the bed, pushing on Jaxon so he would wake up. A groan immediately left his lips and he slung an arm over his eyes. "What is it?" He muttered, voice gravelly from sleep. "Poco-Chan replied, Jax! She agreed to meet up with me once her classes were done! Can you believe it!" She said, jumping on him all the while. "Cool." Was his reply, sounding slightly irritated for having been woken up. "Don't 'cool' me, Jaxon! Poco-Chan is my idol! My inspiration! I want to be just like her! And she agreed to meet up with meee!!" Gen jumped on him one last time before curling up beside him, a large smile on her face. "You'll be home for the next couple of weeks, right?" Jax nodded his head. "Great! Then you can go with me to meet Poco-Chan! You know dad won't go with me." She added just as Jaxon was about to deny. Sighing, Jax unlocked his phone to look at the time. His lips curled when he noticed he had another text, but he forced himself to make a straight face. "Fine. I'm going downstairs to wait for dinner. It's almost done." With that he got up from the bed, narrowly avoiding Gen, who was trying to jump on his back, and opened up the text message from Amelia.

'Is that your way of telling me I'm special?'

Amelia closed her computer for the night and tucked it back in the drawer. She stretched, yawning, before hopping on to her bed and flicking on her television. She settled on Supernatural, and wiggled under her blankets.
Her mind floated to Jax. Why had he given her his number? She didn't even look that good at work. Maybe she was just over thinking it and he didn't even like her romantically, just friends. Her heart sank at the highly likely possibility. Amelia shook her head, she just met Jax and she should get to know him before thinking of this type of thing.
Focusing her attention on her television, Amelia let herself sink into the plot line of the show. Soon her eyelids became heavy and a long yawn filled the empty room. Amelia rubbed her eyes and at some point sleep overcame her.

The loud ringing of Latch jolted Amelia from her sleep. For a long three seconds her heart was racing, eyes wide. Realizing it was just her phone scaring her for the second time that night, Amelia picked up her phone. Okay it was just Jax. Amelia smiled at the message even giggling a bit. 'You could say that. Whatcha up to?'

Less than a minute after sending his text message, Jax received a reply. A smile lit up his face as he unlocked his phone and read over it. 'Are you asking me out on a date? You're special, I'm special, we might as well right? I'm about to have dinner. No phones at the table! Talk to you later.' Jaxon hit send and turned his phone off, shoving it in the front pocket of his track pants as he sat down at the long table. His sister sat to his right, and his father sat at the head of the table.

Dinner passed by awkwardly, the tension in the air was so thick you could've cut it with a butter knife. Jaxon ate the last of his food and excused himself from the table, Gen following close behind him. They both trekked their way back upstairs to Gen's room silently, both knowing where the other would go without saying a word. "Well that was awkward.." Jaxon chuckled at his sister, nodding his head in agreement as he turned on his phone again. "So, do you know where we're supposed to meet Polo-chen girl?" He asked, sitting down in her desk chair as she sat down on her bed. "It's Poco-Chan, and we're meeting at the place mom used to take us to." Jax nodded his head, knowing exactly what she meant. "When?" Gen pulled out her lap top and clicked through until she pulled up the email. "1 in the afternoon, exactly three days from now." Jax only grunted in response, letting another yawn slip past his lips as he replied to several text messages from his friends from school, wishing him a happy break.

Amelia giggled reading over Jax's message. He was adorable. 'Actually if you insist we could go on a date ;)' Amelia was being much more forward than she usually was. It was nerve wracking as she pressed send but she refused to second guess herself.
Knowing it would be a while until he answered, Amelia distracted herself with television. Classes would be over in a few days and Amelia couldn't wait for it.

(Sorry it's not long)

As Jax was replying to his waiting messages, another one rang in. Amelia. His face, while it was already smiling, seemed to grow even brighter at her response. 'Give me a time and place and I'll be there. Do you like flowers or chocolate?' He hit send and turned his eyes on his sister. "So, anything new happen at school?" He asked, spinning around in the desk chair. Genevieve looked up from her laptop and let out a dramatic sigh. "I'm so glad you asked, really. So Sarah and Alissa have been telling me that Brody has a crush on me, but I'm not sure I believe them because…….." Jax, although he was staring at her, shut out her voice once he knew she was going to tell him a long story about some guy – well, the same guy she's been talking about since the fifth grade, but still. Jax couldn't handle girl problems like that. It were times like these that he wished their mother was still around to give Gen advice.

Amelia sat up and smiled at her message from Jax. She was really surprised that he was actually interested. Amelia had thought he was joking.
Her whole demeanor lit up and Amelia knew she was smiling like an idiot as she responded. 'Arent you the gentlemen? I like them both but you don't have to do that. We can just watch Avenger movies lol' hopefully that wasn't too nerdy for Jax. Amelia was a huge superhero fan.
She sent the message and checked the time. It was steadily getting later and Amelia had an early morning class. She sighed and prepared for bed.

Gen continued to ramble on about how great Brody was as Jax got another text message from Amelia. He unlocked his phone and kept a perfect poker face on, nodding his head every once in a while to make it seem like he was listening to Gen so she wouldn't get too suspicious. 'Then I'll get you both. And I wouldn't mind seeing some Black Widow action. ;]' To be completely honest, Jax was a fan of Scarlett Johansson. She was one of his many celebrity crushes. After hitting send, Jaxon's eyes scanned over the time and widened ever so slightly. It was pretty late. With an almost irritated look he quickly opened up his text messages and prepared to send another one to Amelia. 'It's getting pretty late. Wouldn't want you to miss any of your beauty sleep, even though you don't need it. I'll talk to you tomorrow.'

Reactions: k-michelle412
Amelia had just gotten out of her shower to find two messages from Jax. Both had her smiling like an idiot of course.
She dried herself off and dressed for bed before getting out a reply to Jax. 'Seriously you don't have to spend any money on me! >.< and don't even get me started on Scarlet Johansson <3 lol well goodnight! Sweet dreams.'
Amelia fell asleep with a smile on her face that night.

Three days passed by relatively fast. It was Friday night and the next day would be the day she would meet Gen, her biggest fan apparently. Amelia stepped into her small home. She was met with hugs and kisses from her mother and grandma. It smelled like cinnamon and sugar, like always.
Unpacking didn't take long, she left most stuff back in her dorm having enough clothes at home to last her three weeks.
Dinner was fun. The three women shared stories about their lives since they last had dinner and shared laughs. Amelia strategically left out anything about Jax knowing both women would hop on to that topic like starving wolves.
Dinner ended quickly and Amelia retired to her room. Before the night was in Amelia sent an email to Gen telling her to meet her at Au Bon Pain. It wasn't a great idea to meet where she worked but most would never make the connection.

Saturday morning arrived and Amelia awoke nervous. She'd never met with a fan and she wasn't sure what to expect.
It was around eight a.m. when Amelia began dressing. Her makeup was flawless, accentuating her round oriental eyes. She wore a caramel colored wig with straight bangs grazing her eyelashes. Amelia wore a fuzzy cream sweater and a small blue floral skirt that poked from the bottom. She wore navy blue doc martins and caramel socks that rose up three inches above her boots with white lace trim. She was quite adorable in her opinion as she grabbed a small wristlet and her phone before heading out.

For Jax, three days passed quickly. Since he had time off of school he was working every day at the record shop, and when he was off he was usually hanging out with some of his college friends or even Gen if she pestered him hard enough. Through those three days, Jax had been texting Amelia quite frequently. He found it difficult to stop talking to her, and when he managed to pull himself away from his phone his thoughts were all but consumed of her. She was a cool girl, and he really liked her a lot.

Saturday morning rolled by. There was something in the back of his mind, telling him that Saturday was important, but he couldn't really place it. The answer did reach him when he woke up.

Gen jumped on him, causing Jax to grunt. Squeals of delight left the girl as she bounced eagerly on his bed, pushing him and punching him and yelling at him to wake up. "Today's the day we're meeting Poco-Chan!"

Jax, scowling, sat at the end of his bed, running his hands through his already messy hair. "Who is she again? Famous on MySpace or something?" He asked innocently, making his way to his dresser to get ready for the day. "MySpace? Really? You're way too old Jax. She's a YouTuber! My idol! Poocccoo-Cchhaann!" Gen sighed dreamily, flopping down on the now vacant bed.

Jaxon rolled his eyes. "Okay. Cool. Polo-Flan from YouTube. Where are we going to meet her? And when?" Gen sighed once more, glaring at the back of Jax's head as he pulled on a random t-shirt. "Jax. Stop. It's Poco-Chan. We're meeting her in like thirty minutes at Au Bon Pain…" Gen continued to ramble on about how excited she was, but at the mention of Au Bon Pain, Jax's thoughts found their way back to Amelia. Maybe he'd meet her there today? He could hang out with her while her sister hung out with the YouTuber. Maybe he could whisk her away on a fantastic date?

Several minutes later Gen left the room so Jax could finish getting ready. He pulled a pair of worn blue jeans on and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. After he put some cologne and deodorant on before slipping into his favorite pair of Nikes. Jax was downstairs, ready, in five minutes. Gen came bustling downstairs, wearing what Jax would describe as a flowy light blue top, regular jeans, and black shoes; however Gen would describe it as a blue blouse with cropped skinny jeans and black oxfords. "Ready?" Jax questioned. Gen nodded her head and the two left for Au Bon Pain.

Amelia sat at a bench outside Au Bon Pain idly. She swung her feet back and forth waiting for Gen to arrive. She had emailed the girl about the details and found out she was bringing her older brother.
Amelia found it sort of sweet that Gen's brother was taking her here. It reminded her of Jax. She was sure he had mentioned his sister quite a few times. She wondered what he was doing today. Tomorrow they would be hanging out and to say she was excited was an understatement.
Picking up her phone, Amelia sent Jax a quick text. 'Morning :)' it was sweet and simple. She worried with every text she sent him but had easily become comfortable with morning and night texts. She received one from Jax everyday and it never ceased to make her heart flutter in her chest.

Half way there Jax received a text. They were taking a cab, so Jax decided to open it. A smile lit up his face, but Gen wasn't paying attention, for she was texting on her own phone. Probably bragging to her school friends or flirting with that Brody kid—who knew. His fingers tapped against the screen, sending back a quick reply. 'Good morning, mon chéri.'

About ten minutes passed, and the cab came to a stop in front of Au Bon Pain. Gen squealed and skipped around the cab as Jax paid the driver. Just as he got out Gen had made her way to his side, slipping her hand in his. She was extremely nervous, he could tell, but her excitement trumped her nerves. Jax and Gen, hand in hand, made their way into Au Bon Pain.

Amelia watched as Jax entered with a younger girl hand in hand. She tilted her head confused. She knew it was his sister, they looked far too identical for it to be a girlfriend. Checking the time she realized that this was when Gen was supposed to arrive.
Her eyes widened, a bright green because of contacts. "Ne, Gen?" Amelia called out and waved the two over. Her heart was racing as she stood to greet the pair. What if Jax recognized her? What would he say? Gosh, she was terrified but showed none of it outwardly.

Gen's hand tightened on Jax's when the voice called out to them. Jax looked to see who it was, and was surprised by the sight. The girl, Poco-Chan, looked eerily familiar—like Amelia. But they couldn't be the same girl. Sure, they looked similar, but they had some major differences. With a furrowed brow, Jax was led to the girl by Gen, who had a huge smile on her face. She stopped right in front of the Youtuber, but didn't say anything, rather her face took on a look of awe and she stared at Poco-Chan, even after Jax elbowed her in the side. With a frustrated sigh, Jax offered his free hand out to the other girl. "Poco-Chan, I take it?" He asked, giving Gen a pointed look out of the corner of his eyes. "I'm Jaxon, Gen's older brother… Say, have we met before?" He tacked on the question as an afterthought, unable to shake that feeling of déjà vu he had when he looked at the girl. Clearing his throat, Jax shook his head. "Sorry, ignore that. Shall we go in? I'll buy us some coffee if you want?" He asked, holding the door open for the two ladies.

Amelia giggled softly, hand covering her mouth as she did so. Gen was sweet and the look of awe covering her face was absutely adorable.
"You're so cute!" Amelia smiled at Gen before her attention was pulled by Jax. Her heart fluttered seeing him and she couldn't help the blush covering her cheeks. She had it bad for him.
"You can just call me Poco. Nice to meet you Jaxon." Amelia gave a cute smile and tilted her head. She hoped Jax wouldn't catch on. She acted completely different as Poco to prevent that.
Holding a finger to her chin, Anelia hummed. "No I don't think I met you before." It was just like before, but now Amelia knew why he had déjà vu. His sister was her fan so of course he'd seen her face.
Amelia gave a short bow as Jax held the door open. She walked with Gen and stood in line. She was shorter than the younger teen as well. Amelia just assumed the whole family was tall. "What kind of coffee do you like? I like vanilla iced coffee. It's so yummy!"

Jax held the door open for the two ladies before he allowed himself in, staying a few feet behind them so as to give them some privacy--it was his sister's meeting after all. From his spot behind them, Jaxon kept his eyes trained on Poco, looking over her profile; from the hollows of her eyes to the cute curve of her nose, even to the ripples of her lips. She looked so familiar, and it was driving him crazy that he didn't know why.

Genevieve gave the menu a quick glance over to see if they had what she wanted. When she found it she beamed a smile, turning it to Poco-Chan. "I like caramel frappes." She said with a giggle, turning around to Jaxon. "What kind of coffee do you like, Jax?"

It took him a second to realize that his sister was talking to him, and when her voice finally clicked in his head he tore his gaze away from Poco-Chan to look at his sister. "Regular coffee. Black." He said with a shrug, rubbing at the back of his neck when his sister narrowed her eyes at him. He was caught red handed.

Amelia smiled at Genevieve's answer. She was so excited and Amelia found that very endearing. She had been afraid of this meeting. She loved her fans yes, but she was glad Genevieve wasn't here for alternate reasons. She really did just look up to Poco. Amelia's attention turned to Jax after Amelia asked her brother's favorite. Amelia forced herself not to smile. She already knew. 'Regular. Black.' She thought to herself before even Jax himself answered. She held her hand up to hide her mouth while she giggled softly. Jax was looking off to the side shyly. Both girls had caught him staring at Amelia, athough he thought he was looking at Poco. Amelia had to wonder why though but didn't let herself dwell on it. They were next anyways.

When it was their turn to order, Jaxon slipped his way between the two girls, earning a glare from his sister when he shoved her over to get through, intentionally making her mad. With his hand in his back pocket hovering over his wallet, Jax flashed the person behind the counter a quick smile before getting down to business. "We'll have a caramel frappuccino, an iced vanilla coffee, and a regular black coffee for me." When he finished he shot a wink at the girls over his shoulder, finally withdrawing his wallet to take out the total amount and pay for their drinks. It took a few minutes before they got their orders, and when they were set on the counter Jax scooped up his coffee and Poco-Chan's as well, leaving Gen to carry her own cup to the table he set the cups down. He was just about to take a seat when he thought against it. "On second thought, I'll give you two some privacy to talk. I'll sit at my own table. Just holler if you need anything."

Status
Not open for further replies.