Hidden by the Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai looked up at him and moved her injured arm away from his hand. She gently guided his face so that he was looking her in the eyes. She said one thing to him. "I'm sorry." With that, she closed the gap, kissing him. He could feel a tingle in his arm. She was taking a bit of his energy to heal her arm and stop the pain. She kissed him gently though, as if he were fragile and needed to be handled with care. Even after she stopped taking his energy, she kept on kissing him, not wanting the heat rushing through her to leave.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Robert looked from her hand to her face as she moved it. He blinked his eyes nervously and with that she whispered an 'I'm sorry.' For a second there he knew his end had come and she was going to kill him. For as horrible as humans had been to implant that thing in her arm he wouldn't blame her. Instead his eyes widened as her lips touched his. It was electrifying and he felt numb until his arm began to tingle. It was bearable and then it ached dully. He couldn't focus. His oh so brilliant mind that had been exceedingly focused and landed him where he was now and yet now, at the kiss it was completely fried. His hands instinctively came up. One cupping her cheek the other her head. He didn't know how he knew how to do that but his body felt alive with fire.

Kai quickly pulled away, moving away from him. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." She repeated, not knowing what she wanted to say to him in human. He was going to strap her to a table for that. He was going to try and kill her like the others. She knew it, she knew it! But... it felt so right kissing him. She wanted to try to kiss him again, but was afraid. The last researcher had nearly cut her open when she tried to use his energy to help heal her. "I'm sorry..." She started to say again. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

Rob held out his hands as if to show defeat and shook his head. "No... no it's okay. It's all right." he tried to say. He stood back a few steps to show her he meant her no harm. "It's all right." he said again. He noticed that her arm had healed and he squinted his eyes. He looked down at his arm and rubbed at it and then looked back at her arm. He pointed between the two and then to his lips. "The...the kiss? To heal?" he said. Well now he truly felt like a moron. She had kissed him to heal herself not because he had heroically aided her and maybe in the heat of the moment provided him with a gratuitous kiss. A blush rose in his cheeks as he looked at her.

Kai nodded, looking ashamed. That was something only lovers did back home. They would kiss one another when one was hurt. She had done so at least four times. Her friends would call her in human terms... "Slut." She said, thinking aloud. "I'm... a slut..." She looked down at her arm, wanting to claw at it just to get another kiss from him. She wanted to feel that warmth, that heat rush through her again. She wanted to kiss him, but was that what he wanted? She wondered if he was getting sick from how red his cheeks were.

Robert looked at her aghast. Had she just said slut? She most definitely did not understand the word that was for sure. He shook his head. "Slut... you are not a slut." he said, his hand running through his hair. It was a nervous habit he had gotten used to early in his life. How could he speak to her in a way she understood without harming her. If he even knew what her dialect was maybe he could research and find someone to help. "A kiss.." he said blowing one off in her general direction. "Is for someone you care.. you have feelings for, you love." he moved his arms as best as possible to try and explain his words. "You kiss for regeneration. That is advanced and amazing. It does not make you a slut. It makes me a dummy." he said joking

"I... understand human words." Kai said. "I cannot speak them well." She swam a bit closer to him. "A... kiss... is love." She said. "Only... love kiss." She tried to show him how her society worked, using the few words she remembered. A sigh fell from her lips as she thought of her home. Her family was probably worried. They had been setting her up with different mermen to get her to settle down, to find the one she could kiss and love. She refused and when she last saw them, it was when she was arguing with them and saying how much she hated them.

He listened to her amazed that this was even happening. He still hadn't gotten over the initial shock of who he was talking to. She moved closer to him and he stilled not making any fast movements. "Well... when you are falling in love yes, people kiss. At least when it is for the right reasons. You cannot understand what people do and for what reasons all the time. Some kiss without love or even the feeling of wanting to like that person in a way that makes you a couple... those.. now those are sluts." he said laughing softly. He could see that she looked melancholy instantly. "You are sad?" he asked wondering what she was thinking of.

"Home." Kai said simply. She dove underwater, not wanting to talk anymore. She swam up into her bubble, sighing. She wished she could swim with the fish again. She wished she could dive and resurface, drowning sailors with a flick of her tail. A sad trill filled the room. A trapped animal, that's what she was. It made her feel strange, wrong. She pressed her hands against the bubble, as if just touching it would make it disappear.

When Kai swam away it left Robert with a sad feeling heavy on his shoulders. He made sure that all the proper doors were closed and moved back up to the room he had first entered and went quick into his office. He grabbed the file and began reading it closely. He wanted to find out why in God's name did they have Kai and what their plans were.

CONFIDENTIAL

specimen 632 Female Mermaid

Found: Classified lvl. Beta Clearance
Form of Capture: Classified lvl. Beta Clearance

Specimen 632 goes by the name 'Kai.' Female mermaid assumed highly dangerous.
Tactical assault on marine life seems to shadow the concept the specimen might
have military style training from the advanced society. The specimen responds to pain
aggressively. Has the ability to heal with the seduction of male counterparts inhaling
energy right from their bodies to heal. Has the ability to breathe out of the water.

The specimen is of great interest to our governmental agency. Find what you can. Learn to
communicate with the specimen. We want answers. Where the rest of her kind is. How they've
managed to stay beneath the radar for so long. What else she is capable of.

The plans for specimen 632 are Classified lvl. ALPHA clearance.

Do not dissapoint Dr. Hughes. Do not fall for the specimen's womanly charm as your
predecessors have at times. She won't hesitate to strike, we won't hesitate to
extinguish nautical beliefs that as a sea person she deserves freedom. Stick to what
you were brought here to do.

Robert blinked his eyes in confusion. He had to find out what the plans were. He needed to crack into the information... he didn't know anyone with Alpha clearance. Hell that's probably the head of homeland security. He sighed in frustration.

Kai was swimming around the tank when she heard the door open. She immediately hid in the black seaweed, using it as camouflage. She watched three people come in, two male, one female. The female seemed to be the one in charge. The males were her body guards. Kai started to stalk the three, ready to scare them out of the room if needed.

Professor Alma looked around the room. This was where the prized specimen was suppose to be. She cleared her throat. "Dr. Robert Hughes. Would you please come out?" She called. Her voice was deep and commanded respect, yet polite and stern. Her green eyes scanned the room, her mouth forming a thin line.

[sorry it was 103 here and we went swimming. It's ungodly hot today!]

Robert was so enthralled in his reading he didn't hear the large metal bolts undoing or the steps of three people. When the voice reverberated around his office he looked up standing instantly as his name was called. He put the folder down and moved out of his office peeking before stepping out.

The woman standing before him was guarded at her flanks by two military men. They were large and looked like they could care less if they shot him and fed him to Kai. "Um... yes. I'm Dr. Hughes." he said holding out his hand.

(It's fine. It is 96 up here in MN too. And we're right next to Canada!)

"I am Professor Alma Schwarzenegger. I will be checking in on your studies during the course of the year. I will be giving you tests to see if you are worthy to study in such a lab. If you fail three tests in a row, you will be fired. Now, for your first test, I would like you to call the creature out." Professor Alma said. She gave him a hard stare as her guards stood by her.

Kai scoffed. She would come when called, but only when he called. She would give them a show since the Professor had yet to see her. It wouldn't help her reputation as an intelligent creature, but it would make her laugh. She waited, listening for him to call.

Robert looked at her in indignation. Who in the world did she think she was? He had not been briefed on who he was working under but he sure as hell didn't expect it to be this curt woman. He felt like he was just a pawn and it was only the first day on the job. He gave her a hard stare before walking over towards the sphere.

He sighed looking deep into the water. He was sure she was watching but hiding somewhere. "Kai?" he called. His voice was soft and although he was frustrated with what was going on he spoke to her without a hint of it.

A streak of purple flashed across, causing the three to start looking for the mermaid. It flashed again, this time from a different direction. A flash of purple hear, a flash of purple there. Professor Alma got right up next to the glass when suddenly. Bam! Kai slammed her hands against the glass, surprising the professor and causing the two men to aim their guns at the tank and nearly shoot it. Kai laughed, enjoying their surprise and fear.

Robert tensed his arm coming up protectively against the glass of the sphere. Not like they wouldn't hesitate to gun him down and Kai. She was nothing but a specimen, a science project. His cobalt eyes bore into the professors as he stood straight, fixing his lab coat in place. He was still drenched from being in the water with Kai.

"It seems I've passed the first test in your little game Professor. Is there anything else you need today?" he asked his voice clear and concise but the harshness of his words were near lethal.

The professor fixed her lab coat and stared him down. "I would like to know why she isn't wearing her translator." She asked, glaring at him. Kai stuck her tongue out at the professor, causing one of the guards to shoot the tank. The bullet lodged itself in the glass, causing Kai to swim away from it, scared. Water leaked out onto the floor. Professor Alma glared at the guard and slapped him. "You idiot! Do you know how much that tank costs? And you could have hurt the specimen! She is the only one of her kind we have found to date. She'll have to be moved to the pool now." She growled, not happy.

Robert was too busy glaring at the professor gearing up to answer her question when he heard the gunshot. He jumped putting his hands up to his ears. "What the hell!" he yelled. His hands came to the sphere and he looked in to see Kai swim away quickly. Without even thinking about what the professor had said he ran back downstairs his ID opening the doors and putting in his hand print so that she could be moved into the pool. Before the professor and her idiot crew could join him he leaned close to the water level as it rose.

"Stay in the water. Even if I call you, stay." he said not wanting any harm to come to her. These brutes cared nothing about her, that much was obvious.

Kairi nodded as she swam around in the pool. She kept underwater. The professor walked down to the pool, her goons staying upstairs. "Now, will you please answer my earlier question? How are we to communicate with it without some type of communication device?" Alma asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Her." he said his hands resting at his sides. "You mean her. How will we understand her? Maybe you could just open your eyes. It hurts her. She can speak with body language and if you just put effort in, you will clearly understand what she means. There is no need for that contraption." he said pointing to where it lay on the ground discarded. "I am doing quite fine understanding her without it." he said matter of fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.