Hi!~

F

fusagi

Original poster
Hi there!

I've tried to get into roleplaying several times in my life. I was really into it in my early teens, but the forums I was using back then had died out, and I couldn't really find a good replacement since. Now I finally went down the google rabbit hole and found this.

I don't have much experience with roleplaying, but I enjoy creative writing, and I hope the skill translates here. Anyway, I'm excited to try!

While I do enjoy fantasy settings, my passion lies with cyberpunk and other urban setting genres. (My favorite non-fanfiction author is Neal Stephenson.) Slice-of-life roleplay is far from boring to me: I enjoy delving into the backstory and learning about how a world works. I like writing out emotions and introspection more than flashy action bits, though of course those have their place, too. Speaking of those, I prefer indirect combat and cunning to brute force.

Speaking of real life, I'm based in Europe and I'm in my early twenties. My passions in life are languages and computers. I have a wide range of interests, mostly various arts and crafts. I like a lot of different music genres but the era I love most in the seventies. (Lately, I've been exploring the art rock and ambient genres.)

That pretty much sums it up. Glad to meet you, folks!

Welcome to Iwaku. Good luck with your role-playing endeavors!

Just a heads up but usually with the cyberpunk niche the appeal is in the technical writing and most folks here aren't too savvy with the intricate nature of robots and futuristic vehicles and architecture. That's not to say there isn't someone out there with a passion for that type of knowledge and writing! Just stick around the interest check and partner search threads, you're bound to run into that special player on Iwaku, just takes a little time.

Hell, if you can't find anybody and are intersted in a cyberpunk themed one x one, shoot me a PM. Group roleplays are often more prone to players dropping, becoming stagnant and becoming inactive. I've been craving cyberpunk samurais for a while but just haven't pursued the idea.

In any case, enjoy your time here.