Hi, new person here

• Thread starter Lady of the Dragons
  • Start date
L

Lady of the Dragons

Original poster
Hi everyone! It's lovedove830. So a little about me:

I'm lovedove830, but you can call me Brandi. I'm half-South Korean and half American. I can be described as fun-loving, sometimes weird, and funny. I love to laugh and make others laugh, though I can get serious. I like to draw and write. And I admit, I am a geek and a video game nerd.

So why I'm here:
I love fantasy and Role playing so naturally I came here.

I want to inform everyone that I tend to make mistakes when I first join a site and I ask a lot of questions.

So hi!

OH MY GOD! THE LOVEDOVES HAVE DEVELOPED A BORG-LIKE SOCIETY BASED ON NUMBERS. HELLO! MY LOCAL IP ADDRESS IS 192.168.7.11 WE COME IN PEACE.

*loads for cybernetic bears*

I am Global Mod Vay, Here to answer questions and ease you passage into our name-based individualistic society. Questions may be forwarded to me.

YES, FEAR MY ARMY OF ROBOTIC BIRDS, EARTH WORM BABY

Ahem.

Hello, Vay! Thanks for the welcome :)

I'M NO EARTHLING! I'm a kroot! A xeno species well knows for being for hire! We accepts any trade goods but prefer weapons.

So unless someone pays me I remain neutral.

Also it may be noted that I prefer sci-fi. Though I mostly do high fantacy/modern, its whats popular 'round here.

Welcome to Iwaku, Lovedove.

Sci-Fi's one of my favorite things to RP, right behind Fantasy :D

And hello October Night! Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to Iwaku, my name is Kitti.
It's nice to meet you and a pleasure to have you on Iwaku.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Sci fi seems like it would be hard to RP; how hard-science do you get in descriptions of feats, how intrinsic are your char's powers?

I usually don't go beyond explaining the basics, just enough to make sure it makes sense to the other person.
As for powers, my sci fi characters usually don't have powers. They mostly rely on their own power/smarts/etc. along with their sci-fi widgets.

But hey, that's just me. It's different for everyone, I imagine.

For sci-fi, if the idea fits the themes and plot of the RP I've always gone with the attitude of "just run with it". Makes for less of a headache GMing such games.

But welcome to Iwaku, Lovedove. Enjoy your stay.

:D Oh hello there! I'm currently Millefiore Famiglia though everyone calls me Dawn (I change my name alot). Welcome to Iwaku! I hope you find this place worthy of an extended stay and that at some point we get to roleplay, whether it be in a group or one-on-one! A great way to meet a lot of members is to hit up the cbox, a place I visit pretty much every day.

See ya around!

Thanks for the welcome, Grumpy and Dawn!

Welcome to the Iwaku, Dove of 830.

In no time, I'm pretty sure, you'll get your hang around here fairly quick and easy. :3
Ask all the questions you need to ask and then just run with whatever you want to do.
We have a lot of good RPs rolling around right now, and you can always check over at the Roleplay Signups.
Even feel free to create your own RP once you feel comfortable! :D

*tips hat*
Enjoy your stay~

*Kicks the Kroot* GET BACK TO WORKING ON THE DEATH RAY!!!!! Errr.... Welcome! I'm Rory the Evil Genius, one of the admins of this site. Don't mind Vay, he's a good minion employee of ARC Labs!