1. Look for groups
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Real-Fi (Though more often than not it accidentally turns to fantasy halfway through), Historical Fiction
Hi! I'm uuuuuuuu47
Imma start off by saying, this is my first time on a forum website, and it's a bit scary, but from what I've seen, you guys seem pretty cool! I know you'll make me feel welcome :)
I come from Scratch, a coding site that some of us have repurposed for roleplaying. It's one of those sites that's sort of meant for kids, and adults are welcome, but they have to keep things kid friendly. Recently they updated the site to make roleplaying a bit trickier (unintentionally or not,) and in general there's always the fear that if your rp is too action-packed, they could decide that you're not being kid friendly, and they could ban you. So I decided to see if I could find a site meant for rping, so I don't have to worry about that.
I've been lurking accountless on here for a few weeks now, trying to get a feel for the site, and whether I'd like it. You guys seem pretty cool! I finally decided to make an account. I'm excited to get to know the community, and rp with you guys, but I'm also a bit nervous being on a site that's not monitored with kids in mind, but it shouldn't be too hard to stay away from the corners of this site that might make me uncomfortable, right?
More on my rp background, I started rping on scratch maybe four years ago? Something like that. I've been rping pretty much continually since then. Roleplay replies on scratch are brief, usually ranging from one line to one paragraph. More recently, starting when me and my irl friends were bored in 2020, I introduced them to the world of rping. When I rp with them, my replies tend to be longer, ranging from a couple lines to three or four paragraphs when I'm really into it. In general, I'm pretty flexible :)
I might need some help from my first few rp partners to help me navigate the site/know where to rp.
So, yeah! Hello!

Heya, nice to meet you!

No worries about being a bit nervous, making a jump to a new site is always a little nerve wracking!

We work hard here to keep the safety of our younger members in mind, though, and I can see you’ve already marked yourself as blue star and noted your preferences in your profile, which is a great start, as you won’t have access to any adult-oriented content. To make sure you’re fully aware of how to keep yourself comfortable on our site, make sure you’ve read this PSA on how we keep younger users safe in the context of sexual RPs on Iwaku, as well as our rules.

And, if you ever feel uncomfortable about something you’ve run into here, don’t hesitate to reach out to a staff member about it! We’re here to help and make sure everyone has a good time :D

Thanks! :D

Let me ease some of your fears! 😂 We don't have any kids on this site! No one under 13 is allow - we find out, we ban them on the spot. We do have teenagers, but Frolic was already an angel and linked a good PSA on how we manage content. So you (and your buddies if they decide to hop on over) will be able to roleplay without worries!

I remember back when Neopets went Kid-Friendly and all of us adults got ran off the site if we weren't using elementary school language. @,@ Luckily roleplay forums dedicated to roleplay are way better!

In any case welcome to the community! 8D Perhaps you've got a new home now! I hope it's fun and lets you guys get to explore your writing further!

Welcome to Iwaku! Everyone here is super friendly and understanding of new players, so don't be afraid to ask questions if you are ever confused about something. We were all new to this site at some point too! ^^