Hi! I am new.

H

Hanni

Original poster
Hello, person reading this. My name is Hanni, and I am a young author that's looking to broaden my imagination a bit by trying out roleplay. I am willing to do any kind of roleplay, though I won't participate in sexual ones.

But since this is my first time being here, I just thought I'd stop by and say hello. So, hello!

I think I may be able to help you out if you don't mind jumping into a fantasy world and maybe doing some world building with me.

Hi. I'm not sure what you'd like to rp, but you are welcome to message me with ideas.
I only really responded here to compliment your picture. Your duckling is very nice. Is he yours or did you just find the image somewhere?
My image is my own pet emu. He was only a few days old there -he's much bigger now!

Oh, no. I just got my picture online by searching "duckling." I myself love ducks and I think the emu on your profile is really cute :)

I have two ducks myself as well. They're brothers and have never been apart their whole lives, so if you pick up one the other will follow. We usually have to carry them side by side, though, if we have to move them as that seems to upset them the least -ducks don't like to be picked up generally. I'm hoping to find some females to keep them company this year.
Weirdly enough I had a lot of people thinking my emu was a duck when he was that size. It was really weird since he never really looked like a duck and I live in a small town, so I'd think people would know what ducks actually look like around here.

Yeah, looking at the picture it looked like an ostrich or emu to me. How did you get him?

I bought him as an egg off of Ebay; I got two eggs but the other wasn't fertile. I hatched a different emu the previous year, but the main thing people don't know about them is that they have very delicate legs as new babies, are prone to issues with them, and like horses they need healthy legs to live... So my first emu ended up dying because of leg issues mostly.
I tried again and spent another two months turning giant eggs, and in the end my current emu hatched out right in my hands. He acts very much like a horse now; likes to run around and be pet and fed apples. His [or her, don't know yet] name is Phoenix.
I have three more eggs incubating now, so hopefully I'll end up with a mate for him/her.

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear about your emus that passed away. I hope Phoenix will continue to grow and live a long life, and find a lovely mate :)

They can live up to thirty years if they make it through the first one; Pheonix's birthday is coming up in May so hopefully he/she will have many years of running left to live. I should probably get an updated picture -they look so different so quickly, like if humans went from newborn to teenager in the first year.

Yep, that's what happens with animals, haha. One moment they are so little and small, next minute they're about up to your waist in height.

One minute he fit in my hands, the next I'm looking up at him... There was never a day when I noticed the change particularly either. Maybe I'll weigh my next chick daily so that I can see how that growth happens.
At least most animals are usually fairly big babies if they're going to be big, and fairly small babies if they're going to be small.

Yeah, I've had a dog before that was the size of a teacup as a puppy, but he grew to be quite large. About as large as his dog bed.

What breed? My dog is an Akita, so he went from relatively small [about normal teddy bear size] to weighing as much as I do now. He's twelve now, though, so he's lost weight lately due to age and mostly just sleeps.

I think my grandfather had a few of those. They're small to me, but I guess considered medium sized for dogs in general. Was your someone's hunting dog, or just a pet?