Hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, it sucks that you're having a hard time. I hope things improve soon♡ Gotta say I'm glad to hear that there's the option to put post rates somewhere though, I don't think I'd be able to handle someone wanting near instantaneous replies lol (Or novel length ones, I've never been able to manage those)

The character designer in BDO is so in depth, I love it. I'm not very good at it though, so my characters always look either very generic or only pretty in certain lighting lol Ahh, I'm glad you have a good raid group in WoW. I've not tried healer much, but I imagine you'd probably get a lot of crap sometimes depending on who you're playing with.

Nice! I've not played either of those, but they look fun. :D
Aw, thanks. <3

Yeah, Iwaku's overall pretty chill, and most members are very respectful about the preferences and limitations of others. I've yet to find anyone who was mean or rude about things, though some people are shy and sometimes don't answer messages because they're scared they'll hurt feelings if they reject someone. :x

I'd probably just... play nothing else but in the designer. 8D I'm trash like that.

Hm, my raid group is pretty good, at least as far as understanding that I can be slow sometimes, but I make my best effort and want to learn to be better. Nobody really yells at me except for if we invite someone outside the guild along and they disrupt how we do the attempts... And if they do, it really pisses off not only the other healers, but the raid lead as well. :x I feel really loved in the group, even though they're not really super affectionate like most of my other friends. They kind of remind me of having a whole herd of big brothers, even though I'm probably older than half the group.

They are fun. 8D Another fun one is pretty much every game in the Etrian Odyssey series. <3 It's like traditional exploration RPGs, but they bring that sort of feel forward in time. It's some nice stuff, and there are lots of games in the series.

Welcome to Iwaku, Maree.
The whispers you here now and again are from the wind flowing through the branches of my grove of Willow trees .

I have several group roleplays that I am running at the moment. If you are up for RPG style forum roleplaying, I'd love to link you after I've updated them. ^.^

If you want to learn all about BBcode Formatting and making fancy div boxes, you can sign up for my tutorials here

If you want to try your hand at Game Mastering, I have several Lessons on Spicing your roleplay up with perks:
#1 Experience & Leveling Systems
#2 Classes
#3 Knowledge & Ability Points

I am currently working on the next installment in that series which is all about IC occupations!

I hope you feel welcome here in our beautiful and unique community.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Aw, thanks. <3

Yeah, Iwaku's overall pretty chill, and most members are very respectful about the preferences and limitations of others. I've yet to find anyone who was mean or rude about things, though some people are shy and sometimes don't answer messages because they're scared they'll hurt feelings if they reject someone. :x

I'd probably just... play nothing else but in the designer. 8D I'm trash like that.

Hm, my raid group is pretty good, at least as far as understanding that I can be slow sometimes, but I make my best effort and want to learn to be better. Nobody really yells at me except for if we invite someone outside the guild along and they disrupt how we do the attempts... And if they do, it really pisses off not only the other healers, but the raid lead as well. :x I feel really loved in the group, even though they're not really super affectionate like most of my other friends. They kind of remind me of having a whole herd of big brothers, even though I'm probably older than half the group.

They are fun. 8D Another fun one is pretty much every game in the Etrian Odyssey series. <3 It's like traditional exploration RPGs, but they bring that sort of feel forward in time. It's some nice stuff, and there are lots of games in the series.
lol Oh no! I understand the feeling of not wanting to hurt someone's feelings, but it must suck to never get a yes or no answer sometimes.

When it launched, I think I spent near two hours in the character designer. I could have been using those hours for levelling, but nope, one of the hair colours I wanted didn't look right in a specific lighting and it needed to be fixed lol

Haha, that's awesome. I'm not great with raids myself, but it's really cool that you've got such a good group♡

Nice, I'll have to check it out :D

Welcome to Iwaku, Maree.
The whispers you here now and again are from the wind flowing through the branches of my grove of Willow trees .

I have several group roleplays that I am running at the moment. If you are up for RPG style forum roleplaying, I'd love to link you after I've updated them. ^.^

If you want to learn all about BBcode Formatting and making fancy div boxes, you can sign up for my tutorials here

If you want to try your hand at Game Mastering, I have several Lessons on Spicing your roleplay up with perks:
#1 Experience & Leveling Systems
#2 Classes
#3 Knowledge & Ability Points

I am currently working on the next installment in that series which is all about IC occupations!

I hope you feel welcome here in our beautiful and unique community.
Thank you for the welcome! :D

Thank you for all the tutorial and guide links as well, I'll definitely check them out♡

For RPG style forum role playing, do you mean having a levelling system, making use of the 'roll dice' feature to judge effectiveness of certain moves/decisions, and so on? I've not actually attempted that before lol Are there any guides on that as a player rather than a GM?

You're welcome, leveling systems and using Random Number Generators mostly.
I would be willing to help you as a player go through learning a RPG style forum roleplay like I host, if you want?
I can't seem to find a specific guide for Players on that specific topic. :o

lol Oh no! I understand the feeling of not wanting to hurt someone's feelings, but it must suck to never get a yes or no answer sometimes.

When it launched, I think I spent near two hours in the character designer. I could have been using those hours for levelling, but nope, one of the hair colours I wanted didn't look right in a specific lighting and it needed to be fixed lol

Haha, that's awesome. I'm not great with raids myself, but it's really cool that you've got such a good group♡

Nice, I'll have to check it out :D
Yeah. I tend to think it's worse to have no answer than it is to get a polite and tactful 'no'.

Bwahahaha, nice. Gotta get everything just right, yeah? I'm the same, even in games with simple customization. It's fun!

It is. I'm still shocked that they kept me, because I never have thought I was all that good, because I couldn't get high numbers. Apparently, my friends think I'm really amazing, though, which makes me really really happy. I do feel bad though, cuz once I got comfortable with them, I got a little too comfortable and the TMI fountain started. 8D;;

And yes, you definitely should! They're all really, really fun, and they really stimulate my creative centers a lot. <3 It gives me a happy brain.

You're welcome, leveling systems and using Random Number Generators mostly.
I would be willing to help you as a player go through learning a RPG style forum roleplay like I host, if you want?
I can't seem to find a specific guide for Players on that specific topic. :o
Sure, thank you!♡ I'd be happy to learn :D I was just about to sign up for your div box tutorial too lol

Yeah. I tend to think it's worse to have no answer than it is to get a polite and tactful 'no'.

Bwahahaha, nice. Gotta get everything just right, yeah? I'm the same, even in games with simple customization. It's fun!

It is. I'm still shocked that they kept me, because I never have thought I was all that good, because I couldn't get high numbers. Apparently, my friends think I'm really amazing, though, which makes me really really happy. I do feel bad though, cuz once I got comfortable with them, I got a little too comfortable and the TMI fountain started. 8D;;

And yes, you definitely should! They're all really, really fun, and they really stimulate my creative centers a lot. <3 It gives me a happy brain.
Yeah, I know I'd hate to be hanging around for a reply for something like that. D: Like, it's just role play if you don't want to play the offered scenario, or the other person's style doesn't work well with yours, or you don't feel in the mood, or whatever, I imagine ninety percent of the time people are generally okay with getting told no.

YES! Ahh, I'm starting to feel like I should go back to messing about in the character designer in BDO now. No, I need to do things today lol Plus I think it needs an update, and I hate waiting for downloads D:

Haha, oh dear. Well as long as it goes over well? lol And oh please, you're probably really awesome at it♡ Why wouldn't they keep you :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Yeah, I know I'd hate to be hanging around for a reply for something like that. D: Like, it's just role play if you don't want to play the offered scenario, or the other person's style doesn't work well with yours, or you don't feel in the mood, or whatever, I imagine ninety percent of the time people are generally okay with getting told no.

YES! Ahh, I'm starting to feel like I should go back to messing about in the character designer in BDO now. No, I need to do things today lol Plus I think it needs an update, and I hate waiting for downloads D:

Haha, oh dear. Well as long as it goes over well? lol And oh please, you're probably really awesome at it♡ Why wouldn't they keep you :D
Especially if it's a polite no, but, this is a site with primarily introverts, so I imagine most people clam up and get in a panic. I know I do when I have to tell someone no. I usually ask friends to look over the message I plan to send, to make sure it doesn't come off as rude. I do feel it's super important, though.

Well, if you need a character maker to tide you over, I know of six sites I use for that sort of thing, though none are going to be as detailed or have as many options. 8D

Yeah, things usually go well. I don't get the high heals, but I keep people well-away from death with bubbles and healing, though I think Legion raiding won't be as simple as 'right click everyone and middle-click to dispell'. I have to apply atonement through either a single-target heal or a bubble, and then damage the enemies in order to get my big heals, and the more damage I do, the better my healing.

Borderlands is great :D It's something I keep coming back to even though I've finished it a few times already lol What's Murdered: Soul Suspect like? When you say puzzle and mystery, is it just solving puzzles or are there other aspects to it and so on as well?

Thank you♡
Oop, sorry it took me so long to answer, I had a space cadet moment.

I wasn't expecting to like Borderlands as much as I did, but it was a great design with characters and story. Solid game.

Murdered is like a mystery, less puzzle than some others can be. It's a bit dark, as the name might suggest. Basically, you're a cop and you have to go around locations and find clues to the mystery. There are also a bunch of collectables (which add to the story of the game, so that's nice). It wasn't exactly "hard" but it was nice. In terms of stronger "puzzlers", the Portal games are another fantastic set.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

tumblr_nn48c7LLZb1urhpq7o1_500.gif

Welcome to Iwaku, a place of imagination, creativity, and .... imagination! Here's to hoping you enjoy your stay here! As a fellow newbie, of course. :D​

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Especially if it's a polite no, but, this is a site with primarily introverts, so I imagine most people clam up and get in a panic. I know I do when I have to tell someone no. I usually ask friends to look over the message I plan to send, to make sure it doesn't come off as rude. I do feel it's super important, though.

Well, if you need a character maker to tide you over, I know of six sites I use for that sort of thing, though none are going to be as detailed or have as many options. 8D

Yeah, things usually go well. I don't get the high heals, but I keep people well-away from death with bubbles and healing, though I think Legion raiding won't be as simple as 'right click everyone and middle-click to dispell'. I have to apply atonement through either a single-target heal or a bubble, and then damage the enemies in order to get my big heals, and the more damage I do, the better my healing.
Sorry for the delay in replying, I ended up updating BDO and started getting wrapped up in that again lol Plus I had to work (´△`)↓

Yeah, I know I wouldn't want to be waiting around. I mean if it was something I was super interested in, then of course I'd be a little disappointed, but all in all it's up to the other person who they want to RP with. Having a yes or no answer just makes things easier for everyone. I say all of this when the same thing happens to me too though lol

Oh nice! I've ended up updating it now anyway, but I'm definitely interested in those sites if you're willing to share?

That sounds busy lol For healers in WoW, though, don't they generally have pretty weak damage? Wouldn't that limit your heals a lot?

Oop, sorry it took me so long to answer, I had a space cadet moment.

I wasn't expecting to like Borderlands as much as I did, but it was a great design with characters and story. Solid game.

Murdered is like a mystery, less puzzle than some others can be. It's a bit dark, as the name might suggest. Basically, you're a cop and you have to go around locations and find clues to the mystery. There are also a bunch of collectables (which add to the story of the game, so that's nice). It wasn't exactly "hard" but it was nice. In terms of stronger "puzzlers", the Portal games are another fantastic set.
All good! I've taken a while myself so I apologise for that too lol

Which one do you like best? I'm partial to Borderlands 2, but the Pre-Sequel wasn't as awful as most people made out lol

Nice, it sounds interesting. I may have to grab it if I get any new games any time soon :D Oh gosh, Portal. I suck at it, I haven't finished either game completely yet lol

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

tumblr_nn48c7LLZb1urhpq7o1_500.gif

Welcome to Iwaku, a place of imagination, creativity, and .... imagination! Here's to hoping you enjoy your stay here! As a fellow newbie, of course. :D​
Hi!

Thank you for the welcome lol

Sorry for the delay in replying, I ended up updating BDO and started getting wrapped up in that again lol Plus I had to work (´△`)↓

Yeah, I know I wouldn't want to be waiting around. I mean if it was something I was super interested in, then of course I'd be a little disappointed, but all in all it's up to the other person who they want to RP with. Having a yes or no answer just makes things easier for everyone. I say all of this when the same thing happens to me too though lol

Oh nice! I've ended up updating it now anyway, but I'm definitely interested in those sites if you're willing to share?

That sounds busy lol For healers in WoW, though, don't they generally have pretty weak damage? Wouldn't that limit your heals a lot?
No worries, no worries. I'm slow, too, especially this past week! I've been adapting to my newest meds, playing WoW, and dealing with my over-stressed mother. =)

Yeah. I know I always get super nervous about declining someone, and I try my best to be as polite and kind about it as I can, while still giving them the honest answer they deserve, because I really do know the pain of hearing nothing back and just going "Oh... ok..."

Sure thing! I've got gaiaonline.com (don't mess too much in the forums, they're... uh... They're just "uh..."), recolor.me (kind of harder to navigate, but I can help with that if you use it), and then there are the four flash game websites: Doll Divine, rinmaru games, Azalea's Dolls, and Missangest Games.

We do have fairly weaker damage, but disc has the best damage output of the healing classes, because our healing relies on it. We don't make much dent on the bosses who have 25mil or more health, but on our party members who have six digits, our damage translates to really good healing for them.

All good! I've taken a while myself so I apologise for that too lol

Which one do you like best? I'm partial to Borderlands 2, but the Pre-Sequel wasn't as awful as most people made out lol

Nice, it sounds interesting. I may have to grab it if I get any new games any time soon :D Oh gosh, Portal. I suck at it, I haven't finished either game completely yet lol
I actually haven't played the Pre-Sequel, I just haven't gotten around to it, though, no real reason, so I tried to not see any spoilers... so I didn't realize people said it was awful, hah. I liked both a lot. I think I'm a little keener on the gameplay in the first but Handsome Jack as a villain just made the second game. The VA deserved the awards and stuff he got for it big time.

I went in to it expect some oobydooby creepy stuff but it's actually fairly dark in places, which I wasn't expecting. It made me a bit uncomfortable with its creepy factor and that's a plus for me. It's a good game, overall. And Portal, I love the humor. Cave Johnson is another fantastic game character.

Status
Not open for further replies.