Hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maree

Original poster
I'm really awful with introductions, but here we go.

Hey, I'm Maree. I'm 25, work in IT, and I live in a small town in Australia.

I haven't role played in a long while, but I thought that it was high time I finally found somewhere where I could again. Then again, I wasn't expecting to find Iwaku and the community here seems pretty big, so this is a little intimidating lol I was really leaning towards just lurking forever, but that kind of defeats the purpose of joining I guess.

My favourite genres are fantasy, fandom, urban fantasy, romance, probably not even historically accurate historical, and so on. I like both group role plays and one on one, but I'm always a little wary of joining group ones because I don't want to hold people up if things get busy. I'm happy playing a different variety of characters, and I don't mind switching between multiple in one thread, but I don't like playing genius characters. They're something I can't get into even reading about them, and when writing them I feel like my writing's not up to par. Plus, I think they're boring lol

Other than role playing, I'm fond of reading, watching JDramas, playing video games, and studying Japanese.

Nice to meet you all♡

Lurk AND poke all the things! >:d you can do it!

Welcome to the site, Maree! :D

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Welcome to Iwaku! I hope you like it here~

If you like vidya games and Nihonland, have you played a game called Okami yet? :o

• Thank You
Lurk AND poke all the things! >:d you can do it!

Welcome to the site, Maree! :D
Haha, I'll try. Thank you! :D

Welcome to Iwaku! I hope you like it here~

If you like vidya games and Nihonland, have you played a game called Okami yet? :o
Thank you! :D

I haven't played it, but have watched my sister play it. It's really lovely; I should borrow it from her at some point, but I haven't played any console games in a while. :( I should fix that.

The community is a little bit bigger here than when I joined but I think one of the things I like best about Iwaku is that it is a welcoming place and I hope that you will agree.

Hi there, by the by. I'm Kitti and it's nice to meet you. What kind of video games do you enjoy? The crowd we have here intersects pretty strongly with the gaming sort so there's probably some people that share your taste!

If you need help with something, we have a shiny little Help Desk here that you can poke around and hopefully find answers. The staffies in red and even probably most of the members are also happy to help!

• Thank You
Hiya! We're happy to have you! I love writing urban fantasy, I really hope to see you around!

• Thank You
Hello~! Welcome to Iwaku, we're glad to have you here. Have fun exploring our community, don't be afraid to ask us staffers for help, and make friends! See you around. ^^

• Thank You
Welcome to the site, Maree!

Enjoy your stay at Iwaku.

Despite your hiatus from RPing, I am sure you'll get in shape in no time!

If there is anything I can help you with, do not hesitate to ask.

Anyhow, glad to have you onboard the Iwaku ship, yay xD

• Thank You
I'm really awful with introductions, but here we go.

Hey, I'm Maree. I'm 25, work in IT, and I live in a small town in Australia.

I haven't role played in a long while, but I thought that it was high time I finally found somewhere where I could again. Then again, I wasn't expecting to find Iwaku and the community here seems pretty big, so this is a little intimidating lol I was really leaning towards just lurking forever, but that kind of defeats the purpose of joining I guess.

My favourite genres are fantasy, fandom, urban fantasy, romance, probably not even historically accurate historical, and so on. I like both group role plays and one on one, but I'm always a little wary of joining group ones because I don't want to hold people up if things get busy. I'm happy playing a different variety of characters, and I don't mind switching between multiple in one thread, but I don't like playing genius characters. They're something I can't get into even reading about them, and when writing them I feel like my writing's not up to par. Plus, I think they're boring lol

Other than role playing, I'm fond of reading, watching JDramas, playing video games, and studying Japanese.

Nice to meet you all♡
Hi, Maree! I really like your avatar.

Welcome to Iwaku! We're a pretty large community, yes, but I've not met anyone who was actually unfriendly: a few people who are snarky or jokingly trollish, but never anyone who's a super jerk. I think you'll find something awesome here: friends, RP, that sort of thing. I'm glad you decided to post an introduction rather than simply lurk!

I hear you on the group RP front, though my reasoning for being wary of joining groups is more... I usually have no idea how to deal with issues that come up, because it's not just one person to communicate and work with, but more.

Historical RP that's not quite accurate? Sounds like some of the stuff I've done. I like fantasy set loosely in different periods, but I'm only rarely picky about accuracy. It's pretty fun to play around, and gives me opportunity to research the time period at my own pace, rather than all at once before the RP starts.

What are your favorite video games? For me, I love the Tales series, World of Warcraft, Stardew Valley, and a few puzzle games on my phone, like 1010 and 2048.

anime-couple-anime-gif-hyouka-kawaii-Favim.com-3193937.gif

Welcome to iwaku! I hope you find some great times, and great friends!

• Thank You
Hello, @Maree and welcome to the site ^.^ You may not know it yet but you just enlisted in the bunny army >:{D If you haven't already go ahead and give the rules a once over, and if something on the site stumps you, we also have a nifty Help section ^.^ This is where you'll find the FAQ, and within the FAQ a list of Roleplay Tags, a list of the site's bbcodes, a link to the staff roster, and other insightful things. But if you can't find an answer to your question, need clarification, or found a bug, the Help Desk might be more your cup of tea.

As a roleplayer, new or otherwise, you're always looking for ways to improve your craft and one of Iwaku's many goals is to help you with this :D Thus the Content page! Here you'll find forums dedicated to Roleplay Guides and places for users to commission and display their own works ^.^ But if you're more worried about actually roleplaying or need a place to start, we have the Roleplay Search page :) This is where you'll find Interest Checking and Creation where Game Masters posts interests check for their future roleplays and plot future roleplays. Roleplay Advertisement is where Game Masters advertise their running group, dice, or jump-in roleplays. But if you're a Game Master looking for players, there's always the Seeking Group Invites forum. This will allow you to browse users looking for group roleplays to join and snag them up for yourself! Last but not least is the Seeking One x One partners. If group roleplays are too main stream for you, set up shop here and look for someone of similar interests ^.^

If you're wondering who I am, I am but only one of Iwaku's many staff members :D As the banner says, I'm part of the Community Maintenance branch and my job is to make sure all roleplays have their correct tags and prefixes, archive dead threads, and fix whatever you break :3 Other branches of Staff include the Security team, the users who make sure you aren't up to anything questionable, and the Content team, the users who make sure you're never bored!

I hope to see you around the forums and may the muse be with you =^.^=

embed.php

• Thank You
You remind me of myself the first time I joined this place! I was so intimidated after realizing this place was so big that I didn't know what to do and I even thought that the Staff was scary and everything. It took me a while to finally understand how everything works and found out that the Staff of Iwaku is packed with absolutely friendly and amazing people (they can be weird sometimes, but that's what makes them unique xD).

A warm welcome Maree and I hope you enjoy your stay! Also, don't hesitate to explore the different areas. I can guarantee you'll find something you'll love.

• Thank You
Hi Maree!
2cs8jns.png

I totally used to be in IT as well - I bet we could share some rather interesting stories of customers literally just needing to turn something off and back on again, in order to get it to work - lmfao.
Anyways, seeing as you're new to Iwaku, check out the "Newbie Care Package" thread - you can get a bunch of free graphics and a guide around Iwaku :)

P.S here are some helpful threads to get you started. I'd highly suggest checking em' out - OH! and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Take care!
Interest Checking & Creation - INTEREST CHECKING & CREATION
Seeking One on One Partners - SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS
Terms & Rules - Terms of Service and Rules | IwakuRoleplay.com
BB Codes - BB Codes | IwakuRoleplay.com

♥♥​

• Thank You
The community is a little bit bigger here than when I joined but I think one of the things I like best about Iwaku is that it is a welcoming place and I hope that you will agree.

Hi there, by the by. I'm Kitti and it's nice to meet you. What kind of video games do you enjoy? The crowd we have here intersects pretty strongly with the gaming sort so there's probably some people that share your taste!

If you need help with something, we have a shiny little Help Desk here that you can poke around and hopefully find answers. The staffies in red and even probably most of the members are also happy to help!
Yeah, everyone seems really welcoming so far which is nice♡

I like fantasy and RPG games, and somehow I ended up getting pulled into FPS games as well. I like survival horror games, but I'm not any good at them (I tried playing Amnesia once, got lost for two hours and never progressed further than like two specific hallways and nothing happened ever. It was a bit disappointing lol). You?

Hiya! We're happy to have you! I love writing urban fantasy, I really hope to see you around!
Thank you! Urban fantasy's so nice, as much as I love epic fantasy it's nice having the conveniences of modern day technology in some scenes lol Thanks for the welcome too :)

Hello~! Welcome to Iwaku, we're glad to have you here. Have fun exploring our community, don't be afraid to ask us staffers for help, and make friends! See you around. ^^

Welcome to the site, Maree!

Enjoy your stay at Iwaku.

Despite your hiatus from RPing, I am sure you'll get in shape in no time!

If there is anything I can help you with, do not hesitate to ask.

Anyhow, glad to have you onboard the Iwaku ship, yay xD
Thank you! :D And thanks for the vote of confidence, hopefully that ends up the case lol

Hi, Maree! I really like your avatar.

Welcome to Iwaku! We're a pretty large community, yes, but I've not met anyone who was actually unfriendly: a few people who are snarky or jokingly trollish, but never anyone who's a super jerk. I think you'll find something awesome here: friends, RP, that sort of thing. I'm glad you decided to post an introduction rather than simply lurk!

I hear you on the group RP front, though my reasoning for being wary of joining groups is more... I usually have no idea how to deal with issues that come up, because it's not just one person to communicate and work with, but more.

Historical RP that's not quite accurate? Sounds like some of the stuff I've done. I like fantasy set loosely in different periods, but I'm only rarely picky about accuracy. It's pretty fun to play around, and gives me opportunity to research the time period at my own pace, rather than all at once before the RP starts.

What are your favorite video games? For me, I love the Tales series, World of Warcraft, Stardew Valley, and a few puzzle games on my phone, like 1010 and 2048.
Thank you! :D I think I would have returned to lurking if no one had replied lol

Oh gosh, yeah, I couldn't imagine starting a group RP with an overarching plot because you'd have to make sure everyone's on the right track and things are progressing steadily. Meanwhile, you might have three people in the same thread RPing a scene on the other side of town from where everything's going down, and only one or two people actually doing the plot-related scene.

Nice! It's good when the RP is like that. It'd be a bit difficult if you were expected to know everything about the period straight off the bat lol

My favourites at the moment are, probably, the Resident Evil series, Left 4 Dead, Folklore, Black Desert Online, the more recent Tomb Raider games, and various otome games on my PSVita.

anime-couple-anime-gif-hyouka-kawaii-Favim.com-3193937.gif

Welcome to iwaku! I hope you find some great times, and great friends!

Hello, @Maree and welcome to the site ^.^ You may not know it yet but you just enlisted in the bunny army >:{D If you haven't already go ahead and give the rules a once over, and if something on the site stumps you, we also have a nifty Help section ^.^ This is where you'll find the FAQ, and within the FAQ a list of Roleplay Tags, a list of the site's bbcodes, a link to the staff roster, and other insightful things. But if you can't find an answer to your question, need clarification, or found a bug, the Help Desk might be more your cup of tea.

As a roleplayer, new or otherwise, you're always looking for ways to improve your craft and one of Iwaku's many goals is to help you with this :D Thus the Content page! Here you'll find forums dedicated to Roleplay Guides and places for users to commission and display their own works ^.^ But if you're more worried about actually roleplaying or need a place to start, we have the Roleplay Search page :) This is where you'll find Interest Checking and Creation where Game Masters posts interests check for their future roleplays and plot future roleplays. Roleplay Advertisement is where Game Masters advertise their running group, dice, or jump-in roleplays. But if you're a Game Master looking for players, there's always the Seeking Group Invites forum. This will allow you to browse users looking for group roleplays to join and snag them up for yourself! Last but not least is the Seeking One x One partners. If group roleplays are too main stream for you, set up shop here and look for someone of similar interests ^.^

If you're wondering who I am, I am but only one of Iwaku's many staff members :D As the banner says, I'm part of the Community Maintenance branch and my job is to make sure all roleplays have their correct tags and prefixes, archive dead threads, and fix whatever you break :3 Other branches of Staff include the Security team, the users who make sure you aren't up to anything questionable, and the Content team, the users who make sure you're never bored!

I hope to see you around the forums and may the muse be with you =^.^=

embed.php
Thank you for the long and informative welcome :D

Thank you for all of the links, and hopefully I don't break anything lol

You remind me of myself the first time I joined this place! I was so intimidated after realizing this place was so big that I didn't know what to do and I even thought that the Staff was scary and everything. It took me a while to finally understand how everything works and found out that the Staff of Iwaku is packed with absolutely friendly and amazing people (they can be weird sometimes, but that's what makes them unique xD).

A warm welcome Maree and I hope you enjoy your stay! Also, don't hesitate to explore the different areas. I can guarantee you'll find something you'll love.
Haha, it is a big and scary place. I've never RPed on a site of this size before too, so this'll be an experience. I'm glad to hear everyone's amazing (or nice, or both), and a little weirdness is nice sometimes lol

Hi Maree!
2cs8jns.png

I totally used to be in IT as well - I bet we could share some rather interesting stories of customers literally just needing to turn something off and back on again, in order to get it to work - lmfao.
Anyways, seeing as you're new to Iwaku, check out the "Newbie Care Package" thread - you can get a bunch of free graphics and a guide around Iwaku :)

P.S here are some helpful threads to get you started. I'd highly suggest checking em' out - OH! and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Take care!
Interest Checking & Creation - INTEREST CHECKING & CREATION
Seeking One on One Partners - SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS
Terms & Rules - Terms of Service and Rules | IwakuRoleplay.com
BB Codes - BB Codes | IwakuRoleplay.com

♥♥​
Thank you! ♡

I love it when they say they've already done it, too, and then when you ask them to do it again it works perfectly. Or when they don't believe you that 'yes, this step will work' and insist on doing something else. Lots of fun lol

Thanks for the link to the care package :) I'm not sure if I'll take any of it up yet, but I'll keep it bookmarked for the next few days or so just in case.

Thanks as well for all the links, I'll definitely check them out♡

Reactions: Ali
Thank you! :D I think I would have returned to lurking if no one had replied lol

Oh gosh, yeah, I couldn't imagine starting a group RP with an overarching plot because you'd have to make sure everyone's on the right track and things are progressing steadily. Meanwhile, you might have three people in the same thread RPing a scene on the other side of town from where everything's going down, and only one or two people actually doing the plot-related scene.

Nice! It's good when the RP is like that. It'd be a bit difficult if you were expected to know everything about the period straight off the bat lol

My favourites at the moment are, probably, the Resident Evil series, Left 4 Dead, Folklore, Black Desert Online, the more recent Tomb Raider games, and various otome games on my PSVita.
Aw, I'm glad you didn't return to lurking! ♥

I haven't really done one of those, but the idea of it frightens me a bit. The groups I'm in are very casual: one's a supernatural bar and one's a three-way RP with my best friend and a partner of mine who we're bringing into our setting. Those are pretty fun. =D

Yeah, I only really do a lot of research if I'm going to be playing a native in another player's setting, but in that instance, I'd rather explore their setting by playing someone from another universe arriving there. :x I have a lot of characters for THAT option. lol

I've heard good things about BDO, but I haven't played any of those. 8D;; I'm not really that good at action games, though. I can't remember combos, and my reaction times are slow. It's cool that you can enjoy them, though! Really cool!

Reactions: Maree
Aw, I'm glad you didn't return to lurking! ♥

I haven't really done one of those, but the idea of it frightens me a bit. The groups I'm in are very casual: one's a supernatural bar and one's a three-way RP with my best friend and a partner of mine who we're bringing into our setting. Those are pretty fun. =D

Yeah, I only really do a lot of research if I'm going to be playing a native in another player's setting, but in that instance, I'd rather explore their setting by playing someone from another universe arriving there. :x I have a lot of characters for THAT option. lol

I've heard good things about BDO, but I haven't played any of those. 8D;; I'm not really that good at action games, though. I can't remember combos, and my reaction times are slow. It's cool that you can enjoy them, though! Really cool!
lol Thank you♡

That's awesome; casual/relaxed RPs are the best :D What time frame do you guys usually have with regards to replies?

Ah yeah, and with outsider characters you have a bit more leeway depending on the setting too.

BDO's fun; I mostly got it because it was pretty though (´・ω・`;) A lot of it's PVP which I don't have much of an interest in (PVP? In an MMO? Never!), but I like nearly everything else. Haha, remembering combos is the worst! I end up repeating the same moves over and over because I don't know the combos for anything else. They are good fun, though, even if I die like a million times.

Yeah, everyone seems really welcoming so far which is nice♡

I like fantasy and RPG games, and somehow I ended up getting pulled into FPS games as well. I like survival horror games, but I'm not any good at them (I tried playing Amnesia once, got lost for two hours and never progressed further than like two specific hallways and nothing happened ever. It was a bit disappointing lol). You?
Fantasy and RPG games are some of my solid favorites. I don't usually go for normal shooters but things that are more "rpg + the combat is shooting things" is normally fine for me, like Borderlands. I don't think I've played Amnesia but I can be picky with my horror games, though there are some that I do like. I also like puzzle and mystery games, like Murdered: Soul Suspect (which was way darker than I expected).

PS: I'm also glad you didn't go back to lurking!

Reactions: Maree
Fantasy and RPG games are some of my solid favorites. I don't usually go for normal shooters but things that are more "rpg + the combat is shooting things" is normally fine for me, like Borderlands. I don't think I've played Amnesia but I can be picky with my horror games, though there are some that I do like. I also like puzzle and mystery games, like Murdered: Soul Suspect (which was way darker than I expected).

PS: I'm also glad you didn't go back to lurking!
Borderlands is great :D It's something I keep coming back to even though I've finished it a few times already lol What's Murdered: Soul Suspect like? When you say puzzle and mystery, is it just solving puzzles or are there other aspects to it and so on as well?

Thank you♡

lol Thank you♡

That's awesome; casual/relaxed RPs are the best :D What time frame do you guys usually have with regards to replies?

Ah yeah, and with outsider characters you have a bit more leeway depending on the setting too.

BDO's fun; I mostly got it because it was pretty though (´・ω・`;) A lot of it's PVP which I don't have much of an interest in (PVP? In an MMO? Never!), but I like nearly everything else. Haha, remembering combos is the worst! I end up repeating the same moves over and over because I don't know the combos for anything else. They are good fun, though, even if I die like a million times.
You're welcome!

Iwaku as a whole or me and my partners? I usually reply fairly quickly, but lately I'm having a hard time due to some new meds. My partners sometimes take up to two weeks, and some reply instantly. There are people on the site who post once a month, and some who post less, and some who shoot off replies rapidfire. It's good to mention your posting rate in your RP Resume, which you can fill out in your Personal Details section. ♥

Lots more leeway! It makes for some pretty awesome cultural exchanges and stuff, too. Plus, more attention to detail from both partners.

BDO's pretty factor is what got one of my friends to get it too, almost entirely for the character designer. =D I'm not a big fan of PVP either, I prefer to cooperate and help others, usually as a healer in World of Warcraft. It's challenging, but my raid group trusts me to keep them safe.

Ehehe. I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't good at remembering stuff like that. X3 My favorite games tend to have either heavy story or... I can imagine a story. Pretty much, Tales of Zestiria for the 'heavy story' game, and something like Shining Soul II for the imagining a story option. 8D

You're welcome!

Iwaku as a whole or me and my partners? I usually reply fairly quickly, but lately I'm having a hard time due to some new meds. My partners sometimes take up to two weeks, and some reply instantly. There are people on the site who post once a month, and some who post less, and some who shoot off replies rapidfire. It's good to mention your posting rate in your RP Resume, which you can fill out in your Personal Details section. ♥

Lots more leeway! It makes for some pretty awesome cultural exchanges and stuff, too. Plus, more attention to detail from both partners.

BDO's pretty factor is what got one of my friends to get it too, almost entirely for the character designer. =D I'm not a big fan of PVP either, I prefer to cooperate and help others, usually as a healer in World of Warcraft. It's challenging, but my raid group trusts me to keep them safe.

Ehehe. I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't good at remembering stuff like that. X3 My favorite games tend to have either heavy story or... I can imagine a story. Pretty much, Tales of Zestiria for the 'heavy story' game, and something like Shining Soul II for the imagining a story option. 8D
Ah, it sucks that you're having a hard time. I hope things improve soon♡ Gotta say I'm glad to hear that there's the option to put post rates somewhere though, I don't think I'd be able to handle someone wanting near instantaneous replies lol (Or novel length ones, I've never been able to manage those)

The character designer in BDO is so in depth, I love it. I'm not very good at it though, so my characters always look either very generic or only pretty in certain lighting lol Ahh, I'm glad you have a good raid group in WoW. I've not tried healer much, but I imagine you'd probably get a lot of crap sometimes depending on who you're playing with.

Nice! I've not played either of those, but they look fun. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.