Hey you. Yeah you!

H

Hope

Original poster
Tell me at least ONE good thing you're grateful for. If you can't think of one I'll help you out...

You are alive.

Now as long as you're already here in this thread you might as well commit and tell me something you're grateful for. We need some more positivity in this forum, dammit.

I'll begin.

I was blessed four months ago with the most precious and beautiful baby I could ever dream of. I am grateful.

Now it's your turn. <3

• I have meow-meow cats.
  • Despite my occasional complaints, I have medication that helps me through the worst of my symptoms, and I am very grateful that I have access to such a thing.
  • I'm glad I have awesome parents who are always totally supportive of me, even when I worry they won't be.
  • I got a record player for super cheap (I mean, not recently -- I've had this one for close to a year now -- but I probably wouldn't have ever gotten into vinyl in the first place if it would've meant dropping $100 on a new machine at Best Buy just to get started. :P )
  • Pokemon sure knows how to run an anniversary year like holy shit.
  • Ringo Starr's Twitter account exists.

I've started talking and hanging out with my cousin again. And I seem to be picking up a few new tricks (I'm learning to paint my nails all pretty and sparkly like)

I've been blessed with a wonderful, loving, caring family. I have a good relationship with both of my parents, who are still together after thirty years, and my extended family is wonderful as well. Each and every one of them accepted me with open arms when I came out, even my very religious godparents. I couldn't be luckier when it comes to family.

I live in such an amazing age of technology. Holy moly, our world is fantastic.

I live in a place that is incredibly safe and free of war - Canada. I consider myself very, very lucky for this.

Living in the U.S. and having a decent family. Allah has blessed me indeed. Sure there's Donald Trump and our country is shit right now, but at least I wasn't born in a crappy home with a dysfunctional family. Besides, I could always move to Canada or Japan if things got bad and watch Merica burn!

Anyways, I'm just glad I'm living and doing some good in this life. Hell, just making someone laugh is a daily goal of mine!

Or making myself laugh

I got to see my aunt in the first time since I was four. There are always things you don't expect waiting to jump out and make you happy.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I got a toaster oven today to replace our broken microwave

I have two of the most adorable cats on the planet (I mean, all cats are cute, but mine are the cutest. Because they're mine.)

Me and my younger brother have a very close relationship and haven't really ever fought like the sibling stereotypes.

• Love
I deal with a lot of problems with my family. They are the perfect example of hateful selfish people, and enjoy sucking the joy out of people around them. So why am I grateful for this?

I am grateful for what their hatred does to me. It doesn't make me hate other people or hate them, it makes me love others and see the good in them. I am grateful for their example of what I do not want to be.

I am grateful for all the friends I have, on and off of Iwaku.

I am grateful for my cats, my apartment and food.

I am grateful for the small things in life.

I am grateful for you.

I am grateful for everyone here.

• Love
my hubby

• Love
Grateful for having internet. If I didn't.. well. Let's not go there.

• Love
My supporting family who helped teach me to tell anyone who tells me I'm not good enough, including myself, to piss off.

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 people
I'm grateful that the intense heat I'm feeling today (31C at) is just due to weather being hot as is appropriate for where I live... rather than being due to forest fires.

• Love
I'm grateful for still finding activities I'm decently skilled at. Wowza, that sounded selfish.

• Love
I can see, hear, walk, talk, and do all the things that allow me to enjoy life. <3

• Love