Hey, I'm new here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crystakat

Original poster
Hi everyone! I'm Catherine. I'm 15 and Chinese-American. Trying out this RP thing for the first time - I'm here to improve my story writing, and just because it looked interesting!

Any pointers for a new member? My preferences for RP are probably anything aside from fantasy or fandom, I think I'd like something that's a bit more realistic.

Edit: Oh, and I also love art, if there's a place for that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site, Crystalkat! I hope you enjoy your time here! If you're looking for private roleplays, the One on One section is the perfect place to start looking as it has been segmented into genres for your convenience! However, if you're looking for a fantasy or fandom roleplay in a group context, then the Group Roleplays section is the place to go! Iwaku has loads of things to keep you interested, such as the Institute if you want to learn how to improve yourself in the spectrum of writing and roleplaying, or you can complete some of the Challenges they have in the Institute! If you're looking to spread your literature and art to the people of Iwaku, head to the Showcases! Anyway, have a great time on our lovely community :D

Hi there Catherine :)

Roleplaying newbies are always welcome here. Story writing is a lot easier to develop with a partner [or several partners] to bounce ideas off of. Getting the input of a new brain is super helpful! I would recommend starting in our Content section. There are several things in the Institute forum that can help you as far as polishing up your writing goes. We also have a Chatbox and several Roleplaying Chatboxes that are useful if you want a fast-paced environment, or if you're just looking to hang around and ask advice from people in real time. There's usually at least one person in there, sometimes a dozen.

If you are going for realistic, and looking to roleplay, we do have slice-of-life sections, as well as modern. Not every person on here cares for Dragons and such, so I'm sure you'll find somebody who wants to play out an idea with you! If you aren't seeing anything you like, go ahead and post a request thread :D We've got lots of members who are bound to jump on it and help you out!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy! :D

Welcome!

I'm fairly new here as well, but I hope you have a good time while you are here! There are forums that cater specifically to group or onexone roleplay, and they are pretty easy to navigate in terms of finding something to suit your interests. There is even a section for "Slice-of-Life" role plays (I think in both areas, but it may be under group forums)

Also there is the Interest Checking area if you want to gauge interest in one of your ideas, or express interest in another.

Regardless, what I've learned is that there is something for everyone here (you just might need someone more experienced to help you find it ^^ and I'm sure someone will come along and give you better info!) EDIT: totally had that happen before I even got done posting! Heehee

The Institute is a good place to hone your skills and learn new things if you are interested as well!

Hope you have a fun time and can meet some cool people! Just browse and I'm sure you'll find something you like, it's pretty well organized and self-explanatory through most of the site!

(Oh and there is also a teen section, but I don't know too much about that lol)

Hi there Catherine :)

Roleplaying newbies are always welcome here. Story writing is a lot easier to develop with a partner [or several partners] to bounce ideas off of. Getting the input of a new brain is super helpful! I would recommend starting in our Content section. There are several things in the Institute forum that can help you as far as polishing up your writing goes. We also have a Chatbox and several Roleplaying Chatboxes that are useful if you want a fast-paced environment, or if you're just looking to hang around and ask advice from people in real time. There's usually at least one person in there, sometimes a dozen.

If you are going for realistic, and looking to roleplay, we do have slice-of-life sections, as well as modern. Not every person on here cares for Dragons and such, so I'm sure you'll find somebody who wants to play out an idea with you! If you aren't seeing anything you like, go ahead and post a request thread :D We've got lots of members who are bound to jump on it and help you out!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy! :D
Sounds great! I'll go check those places out right now.

Welcome!
I'm fairly new here as well, but I hope you have a good time while you are here! There are forums that cater specifically to group or onexone roleplay, and they are pretty easy to navigate in terms of finding something to suit your interests. There is even a section for "Slice-of-Life" role plays (I think in both areas, but it may be under group forums)

Also there is the Interest Checking area if you want to gauge interest in one of your ideas, or express interest in another.

Regardless, what I've learned is that there is something for everyone here (you just might need someone more experienced to help you find it ^^ and I'm sure someone will come along and give you better info!) EDIT: totally had that happen before I even got done posting! Heehee

The Institute is a good place to hone your skills and learn new things if you are interested as well!

Hope you have a fun time and can meet some cool people! Just browse and I'm sure you'll find something you like, it's pretty well organized and self-explanatory through most of the site!

(Oh and there is also a teen section, but I don't know too much about that lol)
Thanks for the reply - the Institute sounds like just the kind of thing I'm looking for. This seems like a really amazing community.

Welcome!

Thanks for the reply - the Institute sounds like just the kind of thing I'm looking for. This seems like a really amazing community.

Not a problem! I've met some pretty cool people and had a great time so far, and I haven't even started roleplaying yet! Lol

There are lots of interesting things to be found here, and I'm sure I haven't even started digging yet! Plus there are new things added every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.