Hey Everyone!

R

Ria Karena

Original poster
Hey y'all! I figured I ought to drop by and introduce myself before I jump in head first, so here I am. And I'm actually inspired to organize this at the moment, rather than following my usual "throw every piece of applicable information into a wall of text" approach. Which is kind of funny, considering all of my threads but my introduction are usually highly organized. And I'm sure this contains more information about me than you ever wanted to know, but I figured I'd have some fun and throw in a few random bits of information in case anyone actually cares. But anyway, I'm already drifting out of my organizational plan, so I'd better start that before I forget all about it...

User Name: Ria Karena. As though you couldn't tell that already...

Nicknames: Whenever I'm on sites like this I have a tendency to pick long usernames, so most people I talk to always use nicknames. With this name, Ria is the obvious choice. I also answer to Ari or Echo if you prefer those (from different names I've used along the way.) But really, I'll answer to any nickname as long as it isn't insulting, so if you can come up with something else you like better you're welcome to use it.

Location: I'm in the general vicinity of Houston, Texas (hence, I can and will say y'all.) Aka flooding central/ hurricane magnet (thanks, Harvey...) And recently the site of a rare ice storm (seriously, y'all, less than an inch of snow can shut down the fourth largest city in the US...) So if I disappear for an extended period, don't be surprised if it's 'cause of some crazy weather. We get a lot of that here. Especially recently.

Occupation: I'm a baker. Currently I work in (don't judge me...) a dog bakery. Of course, we do fun things like doggie birthday cakes and decorated sugar cookies. You have no idea how shocked people are when we tell them our products are for dogs. I do have standards here. Especially since I have an AAS in baking and pastry (I just graduated last October- YAY!) So if you want baking advice or whatnot, message away.

Writing Experience: I've been writing on and off for the past ten years or so (aka about half my life.) I didn't really start into the forum RPing until a couple of years later. Some of my earlier attempts were cringe-worthy (they often are), but I'd like to think I've grown a lot since then.

Types Of RPs I Enjoy: I tend to be very diverse in the types of stories I like. I do, however, tend to have a preference toward fantasy and action/adventure stories. Historical, steampunk, sci-fi, and supernatural RPs are also hits. The one genre I tend to stay away from is slice-of-life. I also tend toward a multi-paragraph style that relies heavily on detailed description.

Hobbies: Well, the most important one for all of you would be RPing, obviously. Outside of that, I read a lot of fiction, bake (outside of my job, even!), listen to a ton of music, and enjoy target shooting (as in, archery shooting. Not with a gun.)

Favorite Canons: By the way, that is canon (as in the body of work of a piece of literature), rather than cannon (The weapon.) You have no idea how many times I see someone talking about a fandom say something is part of their "head cannon," and I laugh every time. Ahem. But anyway, I have special fondness for several differed works. The number one for me is the little anime/manga Fairy Tail. I also enjoy the Kate Daniels series, the League series, and the Ranger's Apprentice series. I have others, of course, but these are the ones important enough to mention. If I listed them all I would be going on forever, and since I already seem to be doing that, I'll spare you.

Favorite Color: I usually bounce back and forth between blue and purple. They're both awesome. But really, I like almost every color. I'm not too picky.

Favorite Food: Chocolate. Chocolate is amazing. Be it chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, or even just chocolate by itself, I love it all. Can anyone guess why I went into baking?

Fun Facts: Last year, just after Easter, my parents went away for a week to celebrate their anniversary. My sister lived on campus at the time. So I was left alone. With the leftover ham from Easter. So I ate ham. For two meals a day. Every day. For a week. And there was still ham left by the time they got home. I now have ham PTSD. The thought of ham makes me shudder...

Ahem. That was Ria in 20 paragraphs or less. So anyway, now that I've said my piece, I look forward to meeting all of you!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
I'm just glad there are people out there giving dogs the delicious treats they deserve. You are a good human for doing so, I commend you.

Onto other matters. It looks like you've got a diverse group of favorites which will surely net you some partners and plenty of roleplays. Just keep your eyes open for them. You also seem perfectly capable, but I'll give you a link to the Newbie Care Package anyway if you feel like checking it out regardless.

Lastly, I'd like to give you this cookie. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Have fun!

Why thank you! You may have a cookie as well, and a nice pretty one at that.
Butterfly_Cookie.jpg

Hey, newcomer!
I'm in Austin, and we felt the kick of the hurricane even here. Glad you've made it this far.
And happy late 21st birthday!
Happy roleplaying!

Welcome to Iwaku, Ria :) As a mother and formerly homeschooled know-it-all, your organization makes me glow XD Happy 21st! If you have any questions, just ask :) Enjoy!!

Hello and welcome to the site, Ria. Glad to have you. Seems like you have the site sort of figured out, but if you have any questions, as mentioned above, please don't hesitate to reach out and ask. I've never heard of dog bakeries before but, uhh, I'm somehow not surprised.