Hesperos

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Hesperos

cd9cc95ad52878b7.jpg

Upon their return to Dispatch, the crew of the Hesperos are questioned by some tough government types. They're especially interested in speaking with Gands and Drake about why they destroyed the Ishmael.

"Also, there's that matter of the mutilated alien corpse, safely tucked in our deep freeze unit in the galley. Speaking of galley; might wanna find some money for food, soon. Oh, and fuel. You remembered the fuel, right? Captain?"

*Does that thing that girls do and does the RP, even though she said she wouldn't.*

It seems that everyone likes Asmo and Sakura's suggestions. So, by golly, that's what we're gonna do.

We'll divide the forum RP into chapters, and each chapter will contain one action/mission scene at the chapter's finale. All action/mission scenes will be played in the chat.

Since a fair amount of us have irregular schedules, we don't have to set a date for every month and stick to it, come hell or high water. What seems reasonable to me is simply deciding on the chat RP date towards the end of each chapter. That should give us all about a week to work our very busy schedules.

Also, here are the RP logs for reference. I've left our OOC comments in for the lolz.

• Tegan: The Ishmael, an intergalactic cargo ship, missed its last delivery over a week ago. All attempts at communication have failed, until now. The Dispatchers received a scrambled distress signal a few hours ago. It’s the Ishmael, and it’s coming from the outer territories near Pluto. The Dispatchers waste no time in hiring every available freelance ship this part of the Solar System to find the Ishmael and bring her crew home, and the one who does it will get paid big. Enter the Hesperos. You’re her crew of men and women of the honest and not so honest variety, but you all have one thing in common: get paid without getting killed. -05:57 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (Should we begin?) -06:01 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Captain Drake slipped into his command chair, pulling a flask from the pocket of his longcoat. He took a swig of the bourbon, then settled back, passing an eye over the bridge crew. Everyone was at their stations. They would make the jump in two minutes time, departing from the Saturn Station and plunging into the outer reaches of the system. It would be a leap into darkness... but with the money promised them it could be the last trip any of them would need to take, -06:01 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Fuckin' pluto. It had to be fuckin' pluto. Why can't we ever round survivors up on some planet oasis huh? It's always got to be some place in podunk no where." Gands mutted with his forehead pressed against the side window of the ship's cockpit. Smoke trailed around his face and crept along the window in a bitter musk, growing thicker with each exhaling of his cigarette. "How many other ships they gonna get out here Captain?" -06:02 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Yes. Pick your crew position. Dibs on pilot.) -06:02 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (Tech Sergeant) -06:02 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (Spock) -06:02 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (That was a joke.) -06:03 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (Nurse) -06:03 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (Security Officer) -06:04 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (If that's cool) -06:04 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (Since Teagan's taken my color, I'll take white. >: () -06:04 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Got a friend in the Jupiter Corps," the captain answered, "Works tech support for the Dispatchers. He gave me the heads up when the signal first got unscrambled. That gives us at least 24 hours on the other freelancers." Re-pocketing his hip flask, Drake stared at the back of the chair where his pilot sat. "You sure you've done the final checks?" -06:05 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "Mind your language, Gands." Luna muttered quietly as she grabbed the cigarette he held in his mouth. She coughed slightly as she dropped it to the floor and crushed it under her boot. "We aren't going "podunk nowhere", we're going where we're needed." She snapped and sat down nearby, not wanting to look out the windows. She had a fear of the dark but she needed the money and the opportunity. -06:06 Feb 05
  • [Jumi has timed out.] -06:09 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Yes, sir. The Core we managed to grab's been working like a beauty. Stabilizer's are good too. I'm just worried about the communications array. It's gonna be hella cold down there." The tech sergeant said as his cigarette was taken away, and was scolded by the staff nurse. "Other than that it's clear sailing I think." He said placing another cigarette between his lips for the sake of feeling it against his teeth. -06:09 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Keeping to himself, he leaned against the a wall and smirked lightly at the back and forth of the crew members. He missed that, and it reminded him that these were people were in this together, whether they liked it or not. He only hoped that they would reach the ship first, last thing he needed was another job ending in nothing in compensation. -06:10 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia tilted her head back to survey the stars, her brain automatically mapping and charting their position without the aid of the instruments before her. The meditative look that had passed over her face quickly vanished when she wrinkled her nose in disgust. She waved a hand in front of her face to waft away the smoke. "Yes, Captain, we're clear for departure." Her brow furrowed for a moment. "Although, begging your pardon, Captain. I am a bit concerned with some of the the 'corners' you've cut on the fuel supply. . ." -06:10 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (We just want to assume he was addressing them both, to avoid retyping?) -06:12 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Think of it as motivation," Drake answered, getting comfortable in his chair. "We got enough fuel to get us there and back. So that means... no heroics, no detours, no fucking around." He looked to each of this crew. "We do this right, with no room for error. That's why we're the best, and why our rivals spend 20% more on fuel they don't need." -06:12 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (Null mine if I understood who he was talking to wrong.) -06:13 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "I hardly say we're prepared." Luna moaned, complaining, "I tried to get as much equipment as I could, but it's not too much surprise that all necessary items were already gone from the shelves when I went to retrieve what we needed.... so I agree with Drake... don't be a hero." She explained before sighing. "I'm good at my job. I'm just not good at dealing with surprises..." She continued before rubbing at her forehead, feeling a headache coming on. -06:14 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Buckling himself into his chair, the Tech Sergeant began his inflight monitorings in support of their pilot. "Surprises are the spice of life, love." Gands then said. "Remember that little tussle we had with them raiders on the last job. What a hoot that was. They just about shit themselves when the Captain bluffed our collision with em'." -06:16 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He could tell that Luna and Drake had some history, at least it appeared that way as he could find no other reason why she treated him with authority. After all, they were simply freelance operatives, not government officials. Henry considered himself lucky that they weren't walking around in their underwear. -06:17 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "How can we be the best? We haven't had a job in weeks," Arcadia muttered under her breath, then louder. "10 seconds til jump! Everyone buckle up! Henry that means you." Arcadia took a deep breath, and pulled her dark dreadlocks from her eyes. -06:19 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "I just didn't want you firing that piece of shit you called a nova cannon. The feedback from that thing would'a torn the ship apart." Turning his head, the captain look over at hsi Security Chief. "Hey, Henry, if you're still standing when we jump to hyperspace, we'll be scraping you off the deck. Grab a pew for fuck's sake." -06:19 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Sighing lightly and clutching looking at the instruments, he wondered how anyone could understand what the hell they all meant, but he didn't want to appear stupid and ask something like that while everyone was around. He continued to stare, looking at the lights and symbols, trying to figure out what they did. -06:19 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Ol' Sasha a rowdy girl. Can't help it she's a screamer." Gands said chuckling. -06:20 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Caught offguard by the Drake's order he looked back and walked to the nearest pew and sat down. "Sorry Captain, won't happen again." -06:20 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (...Get rid of the "the" -06:20 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Ellie slipped into her seat in front of the brightly lit screens to the left, grinning as she reached for her belt. She glanced over at Arcadia, "You all need to relax," she giggled. The captain and even Arcadia seemed like they were going to bite Henry if he didn't strap in. Ellie didn't think he wouldn't, but it was amusing nonetheless. -06:20 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "LANGUAGE!" Luna bellowed before all but striking Gand with a report of the medical inventory. A good forty pages of usless items that honestly, could have been swapped out for more important items. She rubbed at her forehead more,exhaling loudly. "Can we not talk about screaming?" Luna muttered, complaining again before finally smacking Gands with the inventory list. -06:21 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "CHILDREN!" Drake barked above the mounting sound of the engine. "It's time to go to work. Stow your baggage and shut the hell up!" The 10 seconds were almost up. -06:23 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Even as he spoke the words, he didn't even understand himself the reason that he gave this man any ounce of respect. He was rude, obscene, and demanding, yet these people followed him. Maybe he would understand eventually, but keeping quiet seemed to be the best course of action in this crowd. -06:23 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Into the stars, into the fight. Bring us forth into the light..." Gands said quitetly in prayer, and closed his eyes. -06:24 Feb 05
  • Tegan: The phosperescent wires that ran from the control panel to the base of her skull began to light up. "3.2.1" -06:25 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: Luna Luna silently complied with Drakes order, going over the list one more time before stowing it and quietly tried to ignore the butterflies in her stomach as she lowered her head, almost as if in prayer, beads of sweat starting for form on her forehead as she tried to calm herself. -06:25 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Chuckling to himself, he wondered if Gands was going to inform everyone that he was a leaf on the wind. -06:25 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Fucking pains in my a--" Drake's last word was cut short as the ship lurched into hyperspace. -06:26 Feb 05
  • Sakura: "And we're in the air~" The screens in front of Ellie lit up, radars, coordinates and informations scrolling across them. Everything seemed normal so far, she thought, scanning over the information quickly. She glanced over at the window, watching the blur of colors as they flew. Launch always gave her an excitement like none other. She turned slightly to flash the captain an obnoxious smile and a thumbs up. -06:29 Feb 05
  • Tegan: For a moment, everything stopped. Everyone froze in place. And then, very very suddenly, it started again. The crew jolted, as if awake from a falling dream, startled by the clatter of Luna Luna's prayer beads as they scattered across the floor. -06:30 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "-ASS!" Drake's last word finally caught up with him. -06:31 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "Ugh.... dammit. I'm always dropping those damned things..." Luna mumbled, sweating bullets before sighing. "Ok... now that's over with..." She said, more to calm herself as the simple clicking of the beads started up again. -06:32 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Sorry guys. I meant the beads belonged to Arcadia.) -06:33 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Thanks for taking one for the team, TK.) -06:33 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (lol, no problem, go with the flow) -06:33 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Engine's holding, hull's got something splattered on it... must have been a space duck. Shields at a hundred percent, and... the reactor's runnin' steady." Gands announced as they exited hyperspace. "Nice drivin' Arcadia." he said to their pilot giving her a thumbs up. -06:34 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Blinking then shaking his head, the Captain rose unsteadily from his chair. Hyperjumps always left him a little disorientated, especially when he'd been drinking. He glared at Ellie, his communications officer, who was smiling and holding up her thumbs. He never should've let such a cheerful girl onto his crew, but it was a favour to her father... and at least she knew her job. -06:35 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia let out a held breath, and then another, and another. She was panting slightly, beads of sweat dotted her brow. A small smile of pleasure formed on her lips, and she quickly whispered something in her mother tongue. "Thanks Grands. Instruments are stable, Cap'n. The jump was successful." -06:36 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Okay, Ellie, get on the airwaves and see if we can find the signal. Arcadia, triangulate us with Pluto - I wanna know how far the jump took us beyond the borders. Gands, check we haven't lost the third manifold like last time. Henry and Luna... just don't touch anything." -06:38 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "Lovely, Gands, lovely." Luna muttered angrily, the image of what he had said already coming to mind as she sighed. "Ok, at least my stomach's stopped jumping around... " She said quietly before she leaned back in her seat, breathing for a moment as she continued to mess with the beads. -06:38 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "Gotcha capt'n." Luna replied curtly, rolling her eyes. -06:39 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Hearing Drake's words pissed him off, but he knew that getting mad wouldn't help anything. He knew his job, and that's all that mattered. -06:39 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Aye aye Captain." He said saluting Drake., and going over his readings of the ship's hull, and subsystems. "I'll have a report with a half hour, sir." -06:41 Feb 05
  • Asmo: He gave another glance at Henry. The security was the newest member of the crew. Good at his job, but... there was something cold about the man. Too much in his own thoughts. Drake had him pegged as an Outer Colonist - the pale, quiet types who'd almost forgotten what is was to be human. Drake could count on Gands to share a drink and a hand of poker, but Henry... there was something off about him. -06:41 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Ellie grinned at Drake's reaction to her thumbs up and rolled her eyes. He needed to loosen up one of these days or he might explode. "Aye Sir! I'm on it~" she chirped, unstrapping herself and reaching for her bulky headset. She tuned into the static and watched the spiralling radar maps. Digits scrawled across her screens. -06:42 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Ellie, are any of the signal's spiking?" Gands asked the crew's youngest addition. "I swear to god if that damn antenna fell of..." he grumbled. -06:43 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake's eyes narrowed at Gands. "You said you'd fixed the antenna back on Titan. I gave you the money!" -06:44 Feb 05
  • Sakura: "I've got a couple of weak ones. Trying to match them, but nothing yet." Ellie changed the interface of one of the larger screens to let Gands see what she was talking about. The radar flashed color coded signals as they passed the ship. "The airwaves are unusually fuzzy," she muttered. She suspected jamming interference, but Drake's comment made her keep quiet. -06:45 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "It ALWAYS falls off, Drake! The damned thing is a piece of shit... We're always replacing it. You could use that money to get us extra fuel." Luna muttered -06:46 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Hey, I fixed it! The jump went faster than it should have though. We must have hit a pocket of Koletics. We boosted faster than usual." Gands answered defensively. "I'm not a damn weatherman!" -06:46 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia's eyes darted from one star to the next, then they glanced down at her control panel. "We're near Hydra. The jump got us pretty far, even after all those corners you cut with the drive. . ." She trailed off again as she stared out into the stars again, trying to determine their exact location. -06:47 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Unbuckling himself from his seat, he allowed his muscles to relax and ease. Almost as suddenly as it stopped, the banter continued between the crew again. He wanted to include himself, to be a part of it, but he knew it wasn't his place. He left that part of himself behind long ago, though it was nice to have a reminder every once in awhile. -06:48 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "The third manifold's fine, captain, and the antenna's still there. What was that, Ellie? They're FUZZY?" He questioned curiously, and got out his chair to look at the console with her. -06:49 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake stood there, glaring as his pilot, engineer and doctor all answered back to him. Typical freelancers. The moment they hyper-jump beyond the solar border they all revert to anarchy. Drake was starting to feel he'd get less hassle from his wife and kids back home. At least they stopped bitching at Christmas, which is more than he could say for his crew. -06:50 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "At least we have a jump on the compitition." Luna commented before rubbing her temples, feeling the headache throbbing under her skin. "I'm retiring after this one, I swear, and I MEAN IT THIS TIME!" Luna whined, then stopped as she heard Gands's voice in response to Ellie. "Ah no... what now?" She muttered, her headache pounding and her stomach doing flips again. -06:50 Feb 05
  • Sakura: "Yup. And you know exactly what I mean, don't you?" Ellie took a quick, meaningful look Gands before she pulled up a location map on her main screen. "Everytime I lock onto a strong signal, it waves." -06:51 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Grands, when you have a minute, could you come over here?" Arcadia casually inquired as she searched the stars. -06:51 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "All of my instruments have ceased to work." -06:51 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake blinked. "Come again?" -06:53 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Arcadia's comment snagged his attention and he stood up. "What do you mean, 'Ceased to work?'?" -06:53 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Ellie whipped her head around to look at Arcadia. Was she serious? If the pilot's systems were down, then someone WAS jamming their signals. Biting her lip, Ellie waited for Gands to say something. She didn't want to assume anything, as she wasn't as experience. -06:53 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "My instruments," Arcadia explained, as if to a child, "Are no more. They have ceased to be, Cap'n." -06:53 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "...... Fuck." Luna swore, looking around timidly as she heard what Arcadia had said. No doubt about it. They were screwed. "Fuuuuuuuuuck." She said again, the prayer beads starting to click again. -06:53 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Ah shit...." Gands sighed hearing Arcadia. "Yeah hold on. Ellie, we've been messed with before. Check the computers to see if any of the annomalies match something we've encountered before." Turning, he began towards the pilot's controls. "She means they've shorted out probably. God only knows why." he finished almost spitting the words out. -06:53 Feb 05
  • [CoffeeCakeSadist ] -06:54 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (Join the party Coffee) -06:54 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Running his hand through his hair softly, he breathed deeply and began to tense up again. This was just like before. He turned and walked straight to the restroom, as his stomach began to turn. -06:55 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Ellie stood up. She was typing furiously, checking the various computer systems to see if there was interference that coincided with something in the history bank. "Umm.. Nothing in particular. There's nothing explaining why her systems are down." Then a red flash on her top left screen indicated a blinking red triangle on her radar. "I think we've got company, captain." -06:56 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "OK Grands, just lemme know if you need anything," the dark skinned girl absently chewed her bottom lip as she continued to peer into space. "No worries. I hardly use them, anyway. The stars and Hesperos do a good enough job guiding us." -06:56 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake noticed Henry leaving in the corner of his eye. "Hey, wh..." There was no time to worry about it. He moved closer to the helm, leaning on Arcadia's and Ellie's seats as he stared at the console. "Talk to me, Gands. What's up the doohickeys?" -06:57 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Coffee, you know who you want to play?) -06:57 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "Thank gods we have you, Arcadia." Luna breathed, her headache disappaiting slightly. "Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked quietly, unable to figure out how to process the ins and outs of the ship. She was there for the crew's health. not the ship's. -06:59 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Punching at the keys in what appeared to be at random, Gands was doing just about everything he knew to reboot the systems. "The system's been spiked, sir." Turning a few dials, and flicking a few more switches, Gands leaned down to look under the console, and then laid on his back, shining a light into the underside. "What the hell? The damn EDP is missing!" -06:59 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (I don't know what's going on, and my browser can't seem to handle log viewing. Sitrep via PM, somebody?) -07:00 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (OK, lemme do a GM thing, first.) -07:00 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Oh shit! Not the EDP!" Drake cried. Then his eyes narrowed again as he kicked Gands's leg. "What the fuck's an EDP?" -07:02 Feb 05
  • [QuelledHeretic logged out of the chat.] -((07:02 Feb 05))
  • [QuelledHeretic (Oops..)] -07:02 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "It makes this ship a lot easier to fly!" He said with a wince. "Without one we have to control it manually..." -07:03 Feb 05
  • Tegan: “I think that was one of the corners Cap’n cut,” Arcadia’s eyes shifted slightly, as if seeing something beyond. “Ellie’s right.” -07:03 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (For a second I thought Henry had gone to the bathroom to kill himself.) -07:04 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: As he walked back into the room, he held the posture of a commander, someone fearless and determined. He walked briskly toward Ellie and examined the screens, noticing a red flash. "What the hell is that?" -07:04 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (Yeah... Totally pressed the Logout instead of the post) -07:04 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He couldn't allow his fears and emotions overcome him, he knew his job, and that always took priority. -07:06 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "Oh god, Oh god, Oh god." Luna started to mutter a mantra as the beads started clicking again. "Gands, can I have a smoke?" She asked quietly. She hadn't smoked in years, but for a reason or other, she knew that if she just had one, maybe she'd not die of a heart attack before they had even got anywhere. -07:06 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Oh my God, I've been calling you Grands. How long were you going to let me do that?) -07:07 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "But you got a spare EDP, right? In the EDP locker?" Drake was hiding his irritation well, glaring at the half of Gands which he could see beneath the console and ignoring Arcadia. He didn't know which he preferred - Luna and Arcadia's constant pessimism, or Ellie's acid-trip of a half-glass full. -07:07 Feb 05
  • Sakura: "The EDP is Electronic Distribution Platform, Capn." Ellie didn't dare turn to flash him a grin. "Henry, I think someone's tailing us. Gands, can I override the system and call for a temporary shut down? We can lose the jamming if reboot through the emergency system, right?" -07:07 Feb 05
  • Sakura: *if we reboot -07:07 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Looking over at Luna, he smirked a little, "Smoke all you like, sweetheart, God ain't here." He looked back at Ellie's screen, watching the red flash get closer. -07:08 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "No I don't have a damn EDP! I had to repair the Antenna Captain!" Gands shouted back at Drake. "What the hell are those two babbling about?" -07:09 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Wait a minute.... if I..." a shower of sparks filled the bottom of the console, along with a muffled curse, and the console lit up once more with a series of rings, and alarms. "Argh!!!! Dammit that hurt!" -07:10 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "What the fuck are we getting into." Luna moaned quietly. -07:11 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Ellie nearly jumped out of her seat, "Gands!" she shouted, surprised. When she whirled around to look, she was shocked to see the sparks. "No way. This is legit. Captain, screw the EDP, can I get permission to attack the enemy's mainframe? They're jamming our signals." Ellie cracked her knuckles. Hacking was the best part of communications. -07:12 Feb 05
  • Asmo: As Gands set about electrocuting himself and Ellie ranted about enemies, Drake turned to Henry, standing alongside him. "Could be sabotage. You think someone got on board when we were docked? A rival freelancer maybe? EDP's don't just get up and walk." -07:13 Feb 05
  • Tegan: The bridge of the Hesperos suddenly shook, jerking everyone off balance. There was an ominous explosion from the hull. -07:14 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "Grands, do you need a patch-up?" Luna asked quietly, getting up to check. -07:15 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: And fell over due to the jolt. -07:15 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (<.< perfect) -07:15 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Looking over at Drake, he shouted, "What the fuck just happened?" -07:15 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "SHIT!" Drake fell back against the captain's chair, hanging onto it as the ship jolted. "SOMEONE REPORT! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" -07:15 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "You filthy bitch! You owe me this for keeping you together!" Gands yelled again, and another shower of sparks shot out from under the console. This time, the lights of Arcadia's console stayed lit, and power returned to the controls. -07:16 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "What now?" Luna moaned, rubbing her forearm. She had used it to brace herself when she fell, and it ached something awful. -07:18 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia's eyes widened, then went blank. Everyone knew what it meant she had linked up with the ship's navigation and motion detectors. "There's no one out there. No ships. They must be inside." -07:18 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "ELLIE! ARC! WHAT HIT US?" -07:18 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Ellie tossed Drake a glare at being ignored and sat back down. She was about to suggest checking the main inventory for who installed the EDP if he was suspicious. The ship lurched and she went tumbling off the side of her seat, one hand grabbing the edge to stop herself. At the captain's screeching, she pulled herself back into the chair. "Henry," she called, "Do we still have surveliance cameras on the other parts of the ship?" -07:19 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Crawling out from under the console, Gands slowly stood up, and rested his hands Arcadia's chair. His left hand was severly burned, and black. "Raiders!?" Gands suggested to his captain who he was now looking at. -07:20 Feb 05
  • Sakura: She winced at the Captain's screaming. "IM CHECKING IM CHECKING. HOLD YOUR HORSES! DAMNIT." she tapped into the communications interface to trace the sound of the explosion. One of her three screens flickered and shut off. "Damnit! Whose screwing with the systems?!" Ellie smashed her fingers on the buttons angrily. Someone was messing with her controls. -07:21 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Glaring at Ellie, "Of course we do! Get them on the screens, hurry up!" -07:21 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Camera footage appeared on her other two screens. The footage from the hull was frizzy, as if the camera was out of order. "The Hull! They're there!" -07:22 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "Fuck." Luna swore again, then fetched a medkit quickly, going over to Gands as quickly as possible. "Jesus.... The hell were you doing?" She muttered as she got out a salve and applied it to Gand's hand and started wrapping it up quickly, leaving his fingers alone incase he needed them. "IT's the best I can do right now..." She offered -07:23 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (Hey... Are there other security people or am I just gonna NPC them?) -07:23 Feb 05
  • Tegan: The screen in front Ellie was all noise and scrambled pixels. Not to be outdone by some second rate hacker, Ellie furiously typed in a series of commands and for a moment they had footage of the hull. -07:23 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake looked back at Gands, pondering his suggestion. Then his eyes shifted to his security officer. "Henry. Break out the weapons. I wanna know who's on my goddam ship." -07:23 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (We're the whole crew.) -07:23 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (Gands would be a security person as well in addition to your's, and Asmo's i think?) -07:23 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (Awesome! Thanks) -07:24 Feb 05
  • Sakura: (someone describe the intruders xD) -07:24 Feb 05
  • Sakura: (&& thanks tegan :D) -07:24 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Doing it now. You kids are fast.) -07:24 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (You bet we are) -07:24 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: ("No deals with sticks and branches....oohoohoohooh?) -07:25 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (Muddy*) -07:25 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Sorry Coffee, I got too sidetracked to brief you.) -07:25 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (Hehe) -07:25 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (It's okay. I got most of it. Just waiting for my chance to enter with catlike tread) -07:26 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He ran to his seat and grabbed the rifle stowed underneath, placing the strap over his shoulder and flicking the safety off and looking at the others, "So we going to just sit and watch?" -07:27 Feb 05
  • Asmo: (Coffee's the intruder. He's a suicide bomber who's snuck onboard] -07:27 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Is that true Coffee? Because I just erased my post. XD) -07:27 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (Alluah akkubar?) -07:27 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (SKYPE ME MAN.) -07:28 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (My time's too tenuous for a full-on antagonist. I'm gonna put a little predictably Coffeecake twist on it.) -07:28 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Exhailing deeply, Gands looked at Henry with narrowed eyes, and went to the locker, after patting Luna on the shoulder. Breaking open the locker, he began distriputing weapons amongst the crew, taking a concussive shotgun for himself. -07:28 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (I'll leave it to you, then.) -07:28 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "You better have more of those rifles, Henry," Drake said, before looking back at the others. Luna was tending to Gand's hand, which was burnt beyond usefulness at the moment. "You sure you can even pull a trigger, old man?" -07:29 Feb 05
  • Tegan: With a little smile of excitement, Arcadia raised her hand, and almost made a little 'ooh!' noise. They never let her go on the adventures anymore, not since the Mars job. -07:30 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Nobody messes with this girls insides but me, sir." Gands said stoically, and cocked the shotgun, chambering a round. "I only need one hand." The burly man finished with a look of intense anger lining his face. -07:30 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "But I don't even know how to work a gun! I sneaked out of training!" Luna wailed suddenly, holding the gun as if it were cursed. "How do I shoot this thing?! I'm a doctor, not a soldier, dammit!" -07:31 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Ellie looked over at Drake, "I'm in your care~ mr. captain sir." There was no way he was going to make her hold one of those. No, thank you very much. -07:31 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He grinned and grabbed a couple clips of ammunition, placing them in his vest. "Plenty more in the lockers, this one's mine." -07:32 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Well this was just great. Two crew members who couldn't use guns. They would have to stay here. But who would he leave with them? The new guy who gave him the creeps? The old guy who was itching for a chance to use his shotgun? Or the girl who shot a hole in the airlock during the Mars mission? The best thing to do would be to remain here himself... but that wasn't what captains did. Sighing, he looked at Arcadia. "Arc... I'm sorry, but..." -07:35 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Captain, you should order the blast doors to shut. That'll force them into the main corridor. We'll have the cover, and we'll see them before they see us... and with the explosion there's probably a gaping whole in the side of the ship. I ain't getting spaced today." -07:36 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia's smile brightened with understanding as she sprang from her chair and darted to the locker. "Bean bag rounds! I know!" -07:36 Feb 05
  • Sakura: Ellie followed the captain's drift, "Ehhhh? You're gonna make her babysit? No, no, no! It's okay! I'll go, I'll go!" In a frenzy, Ellie scrambled over to Gand's stash of weapons and picked out a smaller, quick-shot gun. She twirled the weight in her hand and sighed. She figured she probably wouldn't need it anyway. -07:37 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "I am NOT going to be a sitting duck!" Luna roared, puffing out her chest almost, feeling like she had had enough today. -07:38 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Smiling softly and walking to Ellie, he placed his hand on her shoulder and looked at Drake, "I'll stay." -07:38 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "I knew they would come around," Arcadia grinned as she withdrew a pistol and a knife. The last time she was left to babysit was the Thompson affair. No one liked to talk about it. -07:39 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: "This is a Vagina, put something in it, and it becomes GREATNESS" -07:40 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (I think everyone is going. Don't worry, the bridge will be fiiiine.) -07:40 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (SORRY, I CLICKED THE WRONG THING) -07:41 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (LMFAO) -07:41 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (Love it! Keep it!) -07:41 Feb 05
  • Trance Kitsune: (OH MY GOD CAN'T STOP LAUGHING) -07:41 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (Should put an EDP in it...) -07:41 Feb 05
  • Luna: "WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Luna shouted loudly, hysterically. -08:54 Feb 05
  • Jumi: His round spent, he was forced to stop, and switch hands to reload his shotgun once more. Hearing his name, he ran back towards Drake. "What is it, Captain!? It's making a run for it!" -08:54 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "What?!" Arcadia's head jerked in the direction of Ellie's voice. Crash. They were gonna crash. . . . -08:55 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Looking at her and shouting, "Ready up your fucking rifle or I'll kill you myself! I'm tired of playing games, and I'm not dying here!" -08:55 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "CAPTAIN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME??! I NEED A PILOT NOW OR WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" Ellie screeched. She could hear them fighting, but she couldn't think straight. She took the pistol from Henry, took his hand and handed it back to him. "What I need right now is someone who can pilot this plane and pull us out of a direct collision course with the Ishamel." The screens were still blinking. Ellie had the computer calculate estimated collision time. She had less than five minutes. -08:56 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Not with my record," as Drake and Gands ran past her, Arcadia shot to her feet and took off in the other direction, toward the bridge. -08:56 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Ellie! Can you hear me?" Arcadia shouted into the mic as she ran. "I need you guys to let me in!" -08:57 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He grabbed Ellie by the collar and threw her towards the blast doors, "Open it, get the pilot and run back here! No fucking time to lose, hurry up." -08:58 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie would've punched him if he'd done that in any other situation. She nodded, "Be ready in case the conflict comes over." she told him sharply, running over to open the blast doors. Then, she waited for Arcadia. -08:59 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Readying his rifle he nodded to her. -08:59 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake collided with Gands as he loomed out of the gas once more. He staggered, getting his bearings. Behind them Arcadia was retreating towards the bridge. She must've been scared. No time to worry about it now. Reloading his pistols, he fell into step beside Gands. "Okay, let's get this fucker. Which way did it go?" -09:01 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Within two seconds of the door opening, Arcadia's body flew past Ellie. The girl practically threw herself into her pilot chair. -09:01 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: Unseen, the Intruder sprinted up a wall, entering another duct. Perhaps one of the crew might have noticed it hurrying overhead, though it was easily lost in the commotion. But the ships sensors would not be so easily distracted. Even in their apparent death throes, they would indicate movement toward the bridge. -09:01 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna, in the meantime, fainted all of a sudden, her hyperventilation taking a toll on her -09:01 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Helping Drake steady himself, Gands jerked a thumb over shoulder. "He's down the northern corridor. I'll bet it's making for another vent. We need to haul ass, and catch that quick son of a bitch!" He answered, and took off down the corridor once more, this time with his captain. -09:02 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (ooh, do we have a victim?) -09:02 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Glancing at Luna, he saw her eyes flutter and faint as she dropped to the ground. He dropped his guard and ran to her, placing her on a chair and regaining his posture, aiming towards the doors again as Arcadia came through. -09:03 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake and Gands set off at a jog, covering each other as they made their way down the corridor, oblivious to the fact that the creature had already doubled-back right over their heads. -09:04 Feb 05
  • Tegan: With a small hiss, the phospherescent cords snapped back into place at the base of her skull. The control panel was out again. She was flying manual, or what the others would call 'flying blind.' But Arcadia wasn't blind. She had the stars. -09:09 Feb 05
  • Tegan: That still didn't help the fact that they were still being pulled toward the Ishmael, and it was going to take a lot of luck to get out of the pull in time. -09:10 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It was being followed as it scurried and tumbled along the vents. They weren't the safest place to be, but safety was not its concern. It kicked at the grating above one of the bridge chairs. -09:10 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Now that Arcadia was there and the blast doors closed, Ellie was at Gands' control panel, typing frantically. She was switching camera views, watching and Gand and Drake ran to the other end of the corridor. The computer speeds were slower after the sparking and the lag was getting on her nerves. Still, the sensor warnings didn't lie, something was back in the vents, heading for the bridge. "CAPTAIN!" Ellie shouted, "You're going the wrong way! It's coming for us!" -09:11 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (crap, you guys went the other way) -09:11 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *watching as -09:11 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Shinning his light along the walls, he noted the vents were intact. "Shit... he's not in the walls... think he went down below into the subdecks, Captain?" Gands asked as he peered around a corner. -09:11 Feb 05
  • Luna: *Huuuuhwhaaa?" Luna slowly started to come to, her eyes fluttering open. -09:11 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie cursed as the sensor warnings blinked at the intruder making it past the blast doors and somewhere on the bridge. She grabbed the gun she'd left on the chair. "Henry!" she warned sharply. -09:13 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Sorry to interrupt Ellie," Arcadia's voice remained calm, but everyone over the mic could hear the strain in her voice as she tried to pilot the ship. "We're stuck in the Ishmael's pull. I don't know if I can get us out in time." -09:13 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake didn't hear Ellie's transmission. Nodding to Gands, he followed him down into the lower decks. "Okay, let's take a look." They took the next ladder shaft, down into the bowels of the ship -09:14 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He looked at Ellie, "What is it? NOW you want to fight?" he grabbed Luna's rifle and tossed it to Ellie, "Use this." -09:15 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie bit her lip, watching the footage as Gands and Drake continued in the wrong direction. "Damn it! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! ITS ON THE BRIDGE!" She screamed into the intercom, dropping her gun adn catching the rifle Henry tossed at her. She whipped her head around to look at Arcadia, "Arcadia, what can I do?" -09:16 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Sliding down the ladder shaft, Gands feet hit the decking with a thud, and he shined his lights around in the darkness, waiting for Drake. Once both of them were down, he moved foward a ways, and continued shining around so they could see. "Oh hell... you don't think it made a run for the cannon did you!?" Gands asked with fear laced in his gruff voice. -09:16 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He aimed the gun wildly, but firmly, focusing to figure where the scratching and noise was coming from. "Where the fuck is it? What do the monitors say, Ellie?" -09:17 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Maybe..." Hurrying into the forward cargo hold, Drake looked at the long shaft of the nova cannon that was built into the floor. The massive prow weapon hung from the belly of the ship, fed by a dozen conduits and power cells. Drake shone his flashlight over the device, squinting at the dozen hiding places that it housed. -09:17 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Sending Henry after the two would be dangerous, because if the intruder decided to pop out, she wasn't going to be able to hold it off. Arcadia needed to pilot the ship. Luna wasn't in any condition to be running off into corridors. Ellie stared at Henry, thinking. The sensors displayed heat eminating from above the captain's chair. She pointed. -09:18 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Ssweat dripped from her brow as she fought to keep the ship steady. "Just keep it busy as long as you can." -09:19 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: His eyes widened and he aimed at the space above the chair. His sweat dripped down his face and his nerves were shot, but his grip was steady as ever. He couldn't allow this to happen a second time, there couldn't be a second. -09:19 Feb 05
  • Luna: "What... what's going on?" Luna demanded, unable to understand what was going on. -09:20 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Dropping down a deck farther than Drake, Gands began doing the same, shining his light into all the nooks, and crannies of the ship's underbelly. Nearing the front, the vastness of space could be seen through a plate of re-enforced Alta-Glass. As he peered out there, Gand's arms slowly lowered as his eyes opened widely. "Ca...captain... I think we found the Ishmael..." -09:20 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Don't sweat it," Ellie gave Arcadia her most confident smile, hoping it would help the pilot keep things under control. She looked over at Henry. He was a security expert right? Combat was part of his field. "Henry, if that things come out, I'm counting on you!" she exclaimed, running over to the blast doors. Ellie swung the rifle strap across her shoulder; She was going to try and get the others. -09:21 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *thing comes -09:21 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Come on Hesperos," Arcadia closed her eyes for a moment, the phospherescent cords began to glow. -09:22 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: The grating creaked a final time before it dropped down. It rose before Ellie and Henry. It really was humanoid. Slender. Bipedal. Standing upright, but it hissed inhumanly. Traces of human skin seemed to dangle and shimmer, viscous and metallic at times and pale and fleshy at others. Frayed and burned hair dangled and stood around its black-gray skull, slowly righting and straighttening itself. -09:23 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake's head appeared above Gands, dangling to the final level of the nova array. He frowned and then followed his friend's gaze to the prow viewing port. There he saw the massive cargo ship, twice the size of the Hesperos, careering towards them at full speed. "Oh shit..." -09:23 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Don't let's not ask for the moon. We have the stars." -09:23 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.... Arcadia's in the bridge right, Captain? She needs to get us the fuck out of the way!" -09:24 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: "Luna, come here!" He shouted, motioning to the ceiling above Arcadia. -09:25 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna screamed on sight of the humanoid creature, then fainted again -09:25 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Oh my god," Ellie breathed when she saw it fall out. "W-What are you?" she raised her rifle, aiming. Her hand trembled slightly, almost afraid to shoot. There was something hypnotic about it's shimmering skin. Ellie held her breath and pulled the trigger. -09:25 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: The viscous metallic liquid seemed to ooze from within its skull , mimicking some dark, charred imitation of Arcadia, then Ellie, then Henry himself as it slowly crept forward, qyes glowing an pale green. -09:26 Feb 05
  • Asmo: It was too late. Something must've happened to Arcadia. He couldn't believe what he was about to say. The words spilled from his mouth as his face went pale. The Ishamael was seconds away..."Gands.... Sasha... now..." -09:26 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Captain you can't be serious!" Gands yelled out. "What if there's survivors on the ship! We can't kill them!" -09:27 Feb 05
  • Ellie: It took all she had not to puke at the sight of she figured what it's blood. So maybe bullets didn't work? Ellie took the risk of running forward, spinning the rifle strap off her shoulder and jamming the hard weapon into the creature's midsection. -09:27 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He ran and pushed Ellie out of the way, firing on the creature and shouting loudly. -09:27 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia's eyes shot open again. "Aye sir," she had already cut the engines long ago, but they were still riding on the inertia. There was only one thing she could do, now. -09:27 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (NIX THAT) -09:27 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake swung down, landing beside Gands and gripping him by the shoulder. "It's them or us. I'm giving you a direct order. Fire the fucking cannon!" -09:28 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie's ears perked at Arcadia's comment, "what? who are you talking to?" she was momentarily thrown off by the signals of her own estimated countdown. Her computer was flickering the seconds to collision. Ellie's eyes went wide. -09:29 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It didn't answer. It didn't need to. It was moments away from completing its objective. Whether or not Ellie knew anything about why or what it was was irrelevant. But the bullets weren't so easily shrugged off. It staggered back against a near wall, the sparks and flame from nearby damage burning away the imitation of flesh anew. It leapt forward, landing in front of Henry, and swatting away the muzzle of his gun. -09:29 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Rubbing his face, Gands closed his eyes, "Forgive me..." and slammed his fist onto the firing button. The cannon lit ablaze with a pale blue light, and hummed deeply, before a large piston rocketforward launching a huge shell of energy from the ship, which creaked, and groaned painfully from the stress. The shell pierced the space before it, and drilled straight into the front of the ship. -09:29 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (By ship, I mean Ishmael.) -09:30 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It reared back a fist, clenched... -09:30 Feb 05
  • Tegan: The Hesperos suddenly veered in its path, sending everyone on board sprawling. -09:30 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He pulled a knife from it's sheath and radied himself for the coming blow. -09:30 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He was thrown to the side, his knife flying from his hand and sliding across the bridge. -09:30 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia strained against the helm to keep the Hesperos from reeling off into space. -09:31 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He landed on his face, crunching his nose and causing it to bleed profusely. He tried to stand up again and used a chair as support to get himself to his feet. -09:31 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Just as the hull of the Ishmael cracked. -09:31 Feb 05
  • Asmo: The Ishmael was ripped apart by the blast, its front decks imploding one by one, the explosion cascading. Arcadia was dazzled by the blast, even as she swung the Hesperos away from the debris, lifting on the bed of fire like a great wave. The sudden lurch and the feedback from the nova cannon overloading sent everyone crashing around the bridge. -09:31 Feb 05
  • Luna: She slowly moved for the rifle that Ellie had dropped and tried to circle around the creature's back, hoping Henry could distract it long enough for her to see if this creature had any weakeness at all -09:32 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Henry!" Ellie shrieked as the thing reeled towards him, but she didn't get a chance to act. The ship sent her flying forward. She watched as the glint of Henry's knife went spiralling across the floor and cursed. That was dangerous! She grabbed the nearest chair as she tumbled to side and pulled herself up, shaking her head to lose the dizziness. "Arcadia?!" she called, rushing to grab the gun she'd swapped for the rifle earlier. -09:32 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Slamming into the deck, Gands was sent rolling across the catwalk, and nearly fell off, but had luckilly wedged his shotgun inbetween to bars, and was now suspended over a thirty foot drop. -09:33 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (TK, the ship's being thrown violently off course. The only thing anyone is doing is trying not slam into a metal thing.* -09:33 Feb 05
  • Luna: (Sorry, nix that post then lol) -09:33 Feb 05
  • Ellie: The ship rocked again and Ellie screamed as she lost hold on the chair and crashed against the wall panels. She cringed in pain, opening her eyes to look around. Where was the creature? -09:34 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Wooooooah!!!" Drake went rolling over Gands and plummetted over the side of the gantry, falling to his doom. But then Gands jerked violently and felt a great weight on his legs. Drake was gripping him by the ankles, dangling over the precipice. "GAAAANDS!!" -09:34 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna scrambled to try and grab onto something to steady herself quickly as the ship changed course -09:34 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (*Reads the other logs.* That goes for everyone.*) -09:34 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Holding on tightly to the chair, he tried to keep himself aware. He couldn't get caught offguard again. -09:36 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Holding on tightly to the chair, he tried to keep himself aware. He couldn't get caught offguard again. -09:36 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (RAWR DOUBLE POST!) -09:36 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Gritting his teeth, Grands grunted heavily as he looked down to his legs. "Hold on captain!" He called down, which was redundant, and slowly began lifting his legs to his stomach, and extended his chared, and bandaged hand down to Drake. "Grab my hand! I'll try to lift you up!" -09:36 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It tumbled and arighted itself as quickly as if its fall had been deliberate, then fell back against a railing, skeletal flesh-caked fingers twiting around the railing to steady itself. It seemed to be waiting, its head craning about to watch the tumbling humans before settling on the main nav screen. -09:36 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It's eyes flashed// -09:36 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: Its* -09:37 Feb 05
  • Asmo: The flask of bourbon fell out of Drake's pocket and dropped into darkness. "MOTHERFUCKER!" He wrapped one around around Gands' ankles and reached up with his other hand. -09:37 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It bent over to scoop the fallen knife, and raised its hand, staring at Arcadia. Calculating... Calculating... -09:38 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia lay on the bridge floor in a heap. The force of the blast had ripped the cords had been ripped from her skull. She groaned as she sat up, bringing one hand to her forehead. -09:38 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: "Arcadia!" He screamed and lunged for him, shoving him out of the way. -09:39 Feb 05
  • Tegan: The palm of her hand quickly filled with blood. -09:39 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (NIX) -09:39 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Clambing his burned hand around Drake's wrist, he slowly began lifting his arm in another amazing feet of strength that he'd been known for, and slowly Drake's entire body began being lifted up, and towards the catawalk. "Oh FUCK THIS HURTS!" he screamed out, but slowly continued pulling Drake up farther and farther. -09:39 Feb 05
  • Jumi: *clamping -09:39 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie's eyes narrowed at the sight of the creature. "Luna, Arcadia, quickly!" Ellie shouted. -09:40 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (Reminds me of the end of the first Alien Nation movie. I loved that scene with Sam reaching into the ocean and burning his hand) -09:40 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (God bless us, every one.) -09:40 Feb 05
  • Ellie: (Tegan --> huh?) -09:41 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake's other hand came away and he gripped the top of the gantry, hoisting himself up with an exhausted grunt. Then he turned and pulled Gands the rest of the way. The two men fell down on the catwalk, gasping for breath, the shaft of the nova cannon smoking and crackling beside them. "Never... again..." Drake wheezed as they slowly got back to their feet. "Bridge... gotta get back to the Bridge...." -09:41 Feb 05
  • Luna: "ARCADIA!" Luna screamed as she scrambled, not towards Arcadia, but away. She was a coward. She ran like she had never run before. -09:41 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He ran towards the creature and jumped, grabbing it around the torso and attempting to throw it to the side. -09:42 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie pushed herself off the wall and tumbled over. If the ship could just hold steady for a second, she'd wrestle that knife out of the creature's hand. -09:42 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: "Get her out of there!" he yelled -09:42 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *scratch that* vv -09:42 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Gah... agh...." Gands said in large exhales, and was helped up by Drake. "Oh this job sucks shit..." Getting to his legs, he gamely kept pace with his captain as they began their beeline back the way they came, and towards the bridge. -09:43 Feb 05
  • Tegan: They were calling her name. -09:43 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "What?" Arcadia looks up, half her face smeared with blood. She sees the creature. "Oh." -09:43 Feb 05
  • Luna: she didn't say a word as she ran past Gands and Drake, her fear propelling her away from her job, from her work, from helping. -09:44 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Henry lunged at the creature. Ellie crawled over to Arcadia, strategicaly using chairs and things to keep from being thrown away. "Arcadia, hang in there!" -09:44 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *strategically -09:44 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "At least... you got.... to fire Sasha..." Drake panted as he climbed the ladderwell to the main deck, Gands struggling after him. They ran back down the corridor, swaying and tottering as the ship was struck by the debris of the Ishmael. -09:45 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It didn't fly as easily as it should have for a human of its stature, but it still fell. Almost immediately after hitting the ground, it readjusted its grip with a flick of the wrist and attempted a single forceful stab at Henry. -09:45 Feb 05
  • Ellie: (im assuming blast doors are open then) -09:45 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: would* -09:45 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Luna.. what?" Drake stopped as the medic ran past them. -09:46 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: The knife entered his shoulder and his groaned loudly in pain, pounding his fist hard against the creature's eyes. "Shoot the fucking thing!" -09:46 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Henry!" Ellie screeched, taking aim and shooting. It was a dangerous shot, but she hadn't been thinking. If she could just stop its movement for a second. It took both hands to shoot. Ellie screamed, crashing into the side of her own control panel. -09:46 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Ellie. Ellie, I'm bleeding," she whispered hoarsely. "I think I'll just. . ." Arcadia trailed off. And then it happened. The switch flipped. Like the time during the Train Job. They didn't talk about that job, either. -09:47 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Panting heavily, he watched with Drake as their medic went screaming past them. "Wha.. I... she should be fine down there. Gotta reach the bridge..." he mumbled, and lumbered after Drake as the bridge hallway came into view. -09:47 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Arcadia!..." Ellie rolled onto her stomach, leaning against the control panel for the moment to catch her breath, " Rip your shirt and tie the wound to stop the bleeding!" -09:48 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia drew her knife, and was running past Ellie, her eyes set on the creature as it struggled with Henry. -09:49 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It's head rebounded, thudding against the ground with each strike. It wrenched the knife from Henry's shoulder in a dispassionate relatiation. Then, suddenly, it's head jerked, and it's palm opened. Lucky shot or not, it had struck true. -09:50 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Arcadia, be careful!" Ellie shouted, pulling herself to her feet despite the stinging pain in her side. -09:50 Feb 05
  • Luna: "WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Luna shouted loudly, hysterically. -08:54 Feb 05
  • Jumi: His round spent, he was forced to stop, and switch hands to reload his shotgun once more. Hearing his name, he ran back towards Drake. "What is it, Captain!? It's making a run for it!" -08:54 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "What?!" Arcadia's head jerked in the direction of Ellie's voice. Crash. They were gonna crash. . . . -08:55 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Looking at her and shouting, "Ready up your fucking rifle or I'll kill you myself! I'm tired of playing games, and I'm not dying here!" -08:55 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "CAPTAIN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME??! I NEED A PILOT NOW OR WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" Ellie screeched. She could hear them fighting, but she couldn't think straight. She took the pistol from Henry, took his hand and handed it back to him. "What I need right now is someone who can pilot this plane and pull us out of a direct collision course with the Ishamel." The screens were still blinking. Ellie had the computer calculate estimated collision time. She had less than five minutes. -08:56 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Not with my record," as Drake and Gands ran past her, Arcadia shot to her feet and took off in the other direction, toward the bridge. -08:56 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Ellie! Can you hear me?" Arcadia shouted into the mic as she ran. "I need you guys to let me in!" -08:57 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He grabbed Ellie by the collar and threw her towards the blast doors, "Open it, get the pilot and run back here! No fucking time to lose, hurry up." -08:58 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie would've punched him if he'd done that in any other situation. She nodded, "Be ready in case the conflict comes over." she told him sharply, running over to open the blast doors. Then, she waited for Arcadia. -08:59 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Readying his rifle he nodded to her. -08:59 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake collided with Gands as he loomed out of the gas once more. He staggered, getting his bearings. Behind them Arcadia was retreating towards the bridge. She must've been scared. No time to worry about it now. Reloading his pistols, he fell into step beside Gands. "Okay, let's get this fucker. Which way did it go?" -09:01 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Within two seconds of the door opening, Arcadia's body flew past Ellie. The girl practically threw herself into her pilot chair. -09:01 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: Unseen, the Intruder sprinted up a wall, entering another duct. Perhaps one of the crew might have noticed it hurrying overhead, though it was easily lost in the commotion. But the ships sensors would not be so easily distracted. Even in their apparent death throes, they would indicate movement toward the bridge. -09:01 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna, in the meantime, fainted all of a sudden, her hyperventilation taking a toll on her -09:01 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Helping Drake steady himself, Gands jerked a thumb over shoulder. "He's down the northern corridor. I'll bet it's making for another vent. We need to haul ass, and catch that quick son of a bitch!" He answered, and took off down the corridor once more, this time with his captain. -09:02 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (ooh, do we have a victim?) -09:02 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Glancing at Luna, he saw her eyes flutter and faint as she dropped to the ground. He dropped his guard and ran to her, placing her on a chair and regaining his posture, aiming towards the doors again as Arcadia came through. -09:03 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake and Gands set off at a jog, covering each other as they made their way down the corridor, oblivious to the fact that the creature had already doubled-back right over their heads. -09:04 Feb 05
  • Tegan: With a small hiss, the phospherescent cords snapped back into place at the base of her skull. The control panel was out again. She was flying manual, or what the others would call 'flying blind.' But Arcadia wasn't blind. She had the stars. -09:09 Feb 05
  • Tegan: That still didn't help the fact that they were still being pulled toward the Ishmael, and it was going to take a lot of luck to get out of the pull in time. -09:10 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It was being followed as it scurried and tumbled along the vents. They weren't the safest place to be, but safety was not its concern. It kicked at the grating above one of the bridge chairs. -09:10 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Now that Arcadia was there and the blast doors closed, Ellie was at Gands' control panel, typing frantically. She was switching camera views, watching and Gand and Drake ran to the other end of the corridor. The computer speeds were slower after the sparking and the lag was getting on her nerves. Still, the sensor warnings didn't lie, something was back in the vents, heading for the bridge. "CAPTAIN!" Ellie shouted, "You're going the wrong way! It's coming for us!" -09:11 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (crap, you guys went the other way) -09:11 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *watching as -09:11 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Shinning his light along the walls, he noted the vents were intact. "Shit... he's not in the walls... think he went down below into the subdecks, Captain?" Gands asked as he peered around a corner. -09:11 Feb 05
  • Luna: *Huuuuhwhaaa?" Luna slowly started to come to, her eyes fluttering open. -09:11 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie cursed as the sensor warnings blinked at the intruder making it past the blast doors and somewhere on the bridge. She grabbed the gun she'd left on the chair. "Henry!" she warned sharply. -09:13 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Sorry to interrupt Ellie," Arcadia's voice remained calm, but everyone over the mic could hear the strain in her voice as she tried to pilot the ship. "We're stuck in the Ishmael's pull. I don't know if I can get us out in time." -09:13 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake didn't hear Ellie's transmission. Nodding to Gands, he followed him down into the lower decks. "Okay, let's take a look." They took the next ladder shaft, down into the bowels of the ship -09:14 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He looked at Ellie, "What is it? NOW you want to fight?" he grabbed Luna's rifle and tossed it to Ellie, "Use this." -09:15 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie bit her lip, watching the footage as Gands and Drake continued in the wrong direction. "Damn it! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! ITS ON THE BRIDGE!" She screamed into the intercom, dropping her gun adn catching the rifle Henry tossed at her. She whipped her head around to look at Arcadia, "Arcadia, what can I do?" -09:16 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Sliding down the ladder shaft, Gands feet hit the decking with a thud, and he shined his lights around in the darkness, waiting for Drake. Once both of them were down, he moved foward a ways, and continued shining around so they could see. "Oh hell... you don't think it made a run for the cannon did you!?" Gands asked with fear laced in his gruff voice. -09:16 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He aimed the gun wildly, but firmly, focusing to figure where the scratching and noise was coming from. "Where the fuck is it? What do the monitors say, Ellie?" -09:17 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Maybe..." Hurrying into the forward cargo hold, Drake looked at the long shaft of the nova cannon that was built into the floor. The massive prow weapon hung from the belly of the ship, fed by a dozen conduits and power cells. Drake shone his flashlight over the device, squinting at the dozen hiding places that it housed. -09:17 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Sending Henry after the two would be dangerous, because if the intruder decided to pop out, she wasn't going to be able to hold it off. Arcadia needed to pilot the ship. Luna wasn't in any condition to be running off into corridors. Ellie stared at Henry, thinking. The sensors displayed heat eminating from above the captain's chair. She pointed. -09:18 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Ssweat dripped from her brow as she fought to keep the ship steady. "Just keep it busy as long as you can." -09:19 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: His eyes widened and he aimed at the space above the chair. His sweat dripped down his face and his nerves were shot, but his grip was steady as ever. He couldn't allow this to happen a second time, there couldn't be a second. -09:19 Feb 05
  • Luna: "What... what's going on?" Luna demanded, unable to understand what was going on. -09:20 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Dropping down a deck farther than Drake, Gands began doing the same, shining his light into all the nooks, and crannies of the ship's underbelly. Nearing the front, the vastness of space could be seen through a plate of re-enforced Alta-Glass. As he peered out there, Gand's arms slowly lowered as his eyes opened widely. "Ca...captain... I think we found the Ishmael..." -09:20 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Don't sweat it," Ellie gave Arcadia her most confident smile, hoping it would help the pilot keep things under control. She looked over at Henry. He was a security expert right? Combat was part of his field. "Henry, if that things come out, I'm counting on you!" she exclaimed, running over to the blast doors. Ellie swung the rifle strap across her shoulder; She was going to try and get the others. -09:21 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *thing comes -09:21 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Come on Hesperos," Arcadia closed her eyes for a moment, the phospherescent cords began to glow. -09:22 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: The grating creaked a final time before it dropped down. It rose before Ellie and Henry. It really was humanoid. Slender. Bipedal. Standing upright, but it hissed inhumanly. Traces of human skin seemed to dangle and shimmer, viscous and metallic at times and pale and fleshy at others. Frayed and burned hair dangled and stood around its black-gray skull, slowly righting and straighttening itself. -09:23 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake's head appeared above Gands, dangling to the final level of the nova array. He frowned and then followed his friend's gaze to the prow viewing port. There he saw the massive cargo ship, twice the size of the Hesperos, careering towards them at full speed. "Oh shit..." -09:23 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Don't let's not ask for the moon. We have the stars." -09:23 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.... Arcadia's in the bridge right, Captain? She needs to get us the fuck out of the way!" -09:24 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: "Luna, come here!" He shouted, motioning to the ceiling above Arcadia. -09:25 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna screamed on sight of the humanoid creature, then fainted again -09:25 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Oh my god," Ellie breathed when she saw it fall out. "W-What are you?" she raised her rifle, aiming. Her hand trembled slightly, almost afraid to shoot. There was something hypnotic about it's shimmering skin. Ellie held her breath and pulled the trigger. -09:25 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: The viscous metallic liquid seemed to ooze from within its skull , mimicking some dark, charred imitation of Arcadia, then Ellie, then Henry himself as it slowly crept forward, qyes glowing an pale green. -09:26 Feb 05
  • Asmo: It was too late. Something must've happened to Arcadia. He couldn't believe what he was about to say. The words spilled from his mouth as his face went pale. The Ishamael was seconds away..."Gands.... Sasha... now..." -09:26 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Captain you can't be serious!" Gands yelled out. "What if there's survivors on the ship! We can't kill them!" -09:27 Feb 05
  • Ellie: It took all she had not to puke at the sight of she figured what it's blood. So maybe bullets didn't work? Ellie took the risk of running forward, spinning the rifle strap off her shoulder and jamming the hard weapon into the creature's midsection. -09:27 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He ran and pushed Ellie out of the way, firing on the creature and shouting loudly. -09:27 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia's eyes shot open again. "Aye sir," she had already cut the engines long ago, but they were still riding on the inertia. There was only one thing she could do, now. -09:27 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (NIX THAT) -09:27 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake swung down, landing beside Gands and gripping him by the shoulder. "It's them or us. I'm giving you a direct order. Fire the fucking cannon!" -09:28 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie's ears perked at Arcadia's comment, "what? who are you talking to?" she was momentarily thrown off by the signals of her own estimated countdown. Her computer was flickering the seconds to collision. Ellie's eyes went wide. -09:29 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It didn't answer. It didn't need to. It was moments away from completing its objective. Whether or not Ellie knew anything about why or what it was was irrelevant. But the bullets weren't so easily shrugged off. It staggered back against a near wall, the sparks and flame from nearby damage burning away the imitation of flesh anew. It leapt forward, landing in front of Henry, and swatting away the muzzle of his gun. -09:29 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Rubbing his face, Gands closed his eyes, "Forgive me..." and slammed his fist onto the firing button. The cannon lit ablaze with a pale blue light, and hummed deeply, before a large piston rocketforward launching a huge shell of energy from the ship, which creaked, and groaned painfully from the stress. The shell pierced the space before it, and drilled straight into the front of the ship. -09:29 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (By ship, I mean Ishmael.) -09:30 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It reared back a fist, clenched... -09:30 Feb 05
  • Tegan: The Hesperos suddenly veered in its path, sending everyone on board sprawling. -09:30 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He pulled a knife from it's sheath and radied himself for the coming blow. -09:30 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He was thrown to the side, his knife flying from his hand and sliding across the bridge. -09:30 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia strained against the helm to keep the Hesperos from reeling off into space. -09:31 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He landed on his face, crunching his nose and causing it to bleed profusely. He tried to stand up again and used a chair as support to get himself to his feet. -09:31 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Just as the hull of the Ishmael cracked. -09:31 Feb 05
  • Asmo: The Ishmael was ripped apart by the blast, its front decks imploding one by one, the explosion cascading. Arcadia was dazzled by the blast, even as she swung the Hesperos away from the debris, lifting on the bed of fire like a great wave. The sudden lurch and the feedback from the nova cannon overloading sent everyone crashing around the bridge. -09:31 Feb 05
  • Luna: She slowly moved for the rifle that Ellie had dropped and tried to circle around the creature's back, hoping Henry could distract it long enough for her to see if this creature had any weakeness at all -09:32 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Henry!" Ellie shrieked as the thing reeled towards him, but she didn't get a chance to act. The ship sent her flying forward. She watched as the glint of Henry's knife went spiralling across the floor and cursed. That was dangerous! She grabbed the nearest chair as she tumbled to side and pulled herself up, shaking her head to lose the dizziness. "Arcadia?!" she called, rushing to grab the gun she'd swapped for the rifle earlier. -09:32 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Slamming into the deck, Gands was sent rolling across the catwalk, and nearly fell off, but had luckilly wedged his shotgun inbetween to bars, and was now suspended over a thirty foot drop. -09:33 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (TK, the ship's being thrown violently off course. The only thing anyone is doing is trying not slam into a metal thing.* -09:33 Feb 05
  • Luna: (Sorry, nix that post then lol) -09:33 Feb 05
  • Ellie: The ship rocked again and Ellie screamed as she lost hold on the chair and crashed against the wall panels. She cringed in pain, opening her eyes to look around. Where was the creature? -09:34 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Wooooooah!!!" Drake went rolling over Gands and plummetted over the side of the gantry, falling to his doom. But then Gands jerked violently and felt a great weight on his legs. Drake was gripping him by the ankles, dangling over the precipice. "GAAAANDS!!" -09:34 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna scrambled to try and grab onto something to steady herself quickly as the ship changed course -09:34 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (*Reads the other logs.* That goes for everyone.*) -09:34 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (RAWR DOUBLE POST!) -09:36 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Gritting his teeth, Grands grunted heavily as he looked down to his legs. "Hold on captain!" He called down, which was redundant, and slowly began lifting his legs to his stomach, and extended his chared, and bandaged hand down to Drake. "Grab my hand! I'll try to lift you up!" -09:36 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It tumbled and arighted itself as quickly as if its fall had been deliberate, then fell back against a railing, skeletal flesh-caked fingers twiting around the railing to steady itself. It seemed to be waiting, its head craning about to watch the tumbling humans before settling on the main nav screen. -09:36 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It's eyes flashed// -09:36 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: Its* -09:37 Feb 05
  • Asmo: The flask of bourbon fell out of Drake's pocket and dropped into darkness. "MOTHERFUCKER!" He wrapped one around around Gands' ankles and reached up with his other hand. -09:37 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It bent over to scoop the fallen knife, and raised its hand, staring at Arcadia. Calculating... Calculating... -09:38 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia lay on the bridge floor in a heap. The force of the blast had ripped the cords had been ripped from her skull. She groaned as she sat up, bringing one hand to her forehead. -09:38 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: "Arcadia!" He screamed and lunged for him, shoving him out of the way. -09:39 Feb 05
  • Tegan: The palm of her hand quickly filled with blood. -09:39 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (NIX) -09:39 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Clambing his burned hand around Drake's wrist, he slowly began lifting his arm in another amazing feet of strength that he'd been known for, and slowly Drake's entire body began being lifted up, and towards the catawalk. "Oh FUCK THIS HURTS!" he screamed out, but slowly continued pulling Drake up farther and farther. -09:39 Feb 05
  • Jumi: *clamping -09:39 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie's eyes narrowed at the sight of the creature. "Luna, Arcadia, quickly!" Ellie shouted. -09:40 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: (Reminds me of the end of the first Alien Nation movie. I loved that scene with Sam reaching into the ocean and burning his hand) -09:40 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (God bless us, every one.) -09:40 Feb 05
  • Ellie: (Tegan --> huh?) -09:41 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake's other hand came away and he gripped the top of the gantry, hoisting himself up with an exhausted grunt. Then he turned and pulled Gands the rest of the way. The two men fell down on the catwalk, gasping for breath, the shaft of the nova cannon smoking and crackling beside them. "Never... again..." Drake wheezed as they slowly got back to their feet. "Bridge... gotta get back to the Bridge...." -09:41 Feb 05
  • Luna: "ARCADIA!" Luna screamed as she scrambled, not towards Arcadia, but away. She was a coward. She ran like she had never run before. -09:41 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He ran towards the creature and jumped, grabbing it around the torso and attempting to throw it to the side. -09:42 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie pushed herself off the wall and tumbled over. If the ship could just hold steady for a second, she'd wrestle that knife out of the creature's hand. -09:42 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: "Get her out of there!" he yelled -09:42 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *scratch that* vv -09:42 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Gah... agh...." Gands said in large exhales, and was helped up by Drake. "Oh this job sucks shit..." Getting to his legs, he gamely kept pace with his captain as they began their beeline back the way they came, and towards the bridge. -09:43 Feb 05
  • Tegan: They were calling her name. -09:43 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "What?" Arcadia looks up, half her face smeared with blood. She sees the creature. "Oh." -09:43 Feb 05
  • Luna: she didn't say a word as she ran past Gands and Drake, her fear propelling her away from her job, from her work, from helping. -09:44 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Henry lunged at the creature. Ellie crawled over to Arcadia, strategicaly using chairs and things to keep from being thrown away. "Arcadia, hang in there!" -09:44 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *strategically -09:44 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "At least... you got.... to fire Sasha..." Drake panted as he climbed the ladderwell to the main deck, Gands struggling after him. They ran back down the corridor, swaying and tottering as the ship was struck by the debris of the Ishmael. -09:45 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It didn't fly as easily as it should have for a human of its stature, but it still fell. Almost immediately after hitting the ground, it readjusted its grip with a flick of the wrist and attempted a single forceful stab at Henry. -09:45 Feb 05
  • Ellie: (im assuming blast doors are open then) -09:45 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: would* -09:45 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Luna.. what?" Drake stopped as the medic ran past them. -09:46 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: The knife entered his shoulder and his groaned loudly in pain, pounding his fist hard against the creature's eyes. "Shoot the fucking thing!" -09:46 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Henry!" Ellie screeched, taking aim and shooting. It was a dangerous shot, but she hadn't been thinking. If she could just stop its movement for a second. It took both hands to shoot. Ellie screamed, crashing into the side of her own control panel. -09:46 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "Ellie. Ellie, I'm bleeding," she whispered hoarsely. "I think I'll just. . ." Arcadia trailed off. And then it happened. The switch flipped. Like the time during the Train Job. They didn't talk about that job, either. -09:47 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Panting heavily, he watched with Drake as their medic went screaming past them. "Wha.. I... she should be fine down there. Gotta reach the bridge..." he mumbled, and lumbered after Drake as the bridge hallway came into view. -09:47 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Arcadia!..." Ellie rolled onto her stomach, leaning against the control panel for the moment to catch her breath, " Rip your shirt and tie the wound to stop the bleeding!" -09:48 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia drew her knife, and was running past Ellie, her eyes set on the creature as it struggled with Henry. -09:49 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It's head rebounded, thudding against the ground with each strike. It wrenched the knife from Henry's shoulder in a dispassionate relatiation. Then, suddenly, it's head jerked, and it's palm opened. Lucky shot or not, it had struck true. -09:50 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Arcadia, be careful!" Ellie shouted, pulling herself to her feet despite the stinging pain in her side. -09:50 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna ran as fast she could to storage, then, as soon as the door opened, she shut it behind herself. "I'm sorry." She murmured to no one as she curled up near the door, crying. -09:51 Feb 05
  • Ellie: She raised her gun, pointing it at the creature, "I'll shoot again! I'll shoot again if you move!" she didn't know if it understood or not, but she couldn't take it anymore. -09:51 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake and Gands arrived on the bridge, pausing for a moment as they beheld the scene. Ellie had a gun, and Henry and Arcadia were locked in savage combat with... -09:51 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: The knife fell and its eyes seemed permanently fixed at a disturbing angle, but it was still moving. The arms still flailed and groped absently. -09:51 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna suddenly got an idea, grabbing one of the bigger, more advanced medkits, she ran out of storage and back to the bridge as fast as she could. This was no time to be a coward! She had an idea, and she hoped it would work! -09:53 Feb 05
  • Ellie: "Stop!" Ellie sobbed, her arm shaking. She shot again, making sure she didn't hit Arcadia. This time, she aimed for it's legs. She prayed it wouldn't hit Henry. -09:53 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: Henry fell to the ground, clutching his shoulder and coughing up blood. He smiled softly at Ellie and choked a little. "Good girl..." He whispered to himself. -09:53 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Gritting his teeth with such force he could have shattered his jaw, Gands' eye's could have been glowing red. "ARGH!" He roared, and charged into the cockpit with both arms threatning to lock onto the creature, and tear it apart. -09:53 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: Its fingers brushed Henry's wound, but it did not graps. Instead, it flopped suddenly, all limbs falling against the floor at once. And it lay still. The green glow faded from its eyes. And it lay still, even as the metallic liquid oozed from its poors, slowly forming a distorted imitation of Henry's face during the struggle. -09:54 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: pores* grasp* -09:54 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "NO! WAIT!!" Drake got in Gands way, shoving him back from the creature. "Wait!" He got in front of his engineer and stepped over Henry, coming close to the creature, peering at it's unmoving form -09:55 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "What is it...? What the fuck is it...?" -09:55 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Relief washed over her at sight of Gands, but Ellie didn't drop her gun. Instead, she fell to her knees, eyes wide. "What are you...What kind of..." Ellie shivered. -09:55 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "LUNA! GET IN HERE! LUNA!!" -09:56 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "I'm a fucking kill it!" Gands said raising his burned left hand like a large medieval maul of carnage. "It's gonna be deader than dead time infinity!" He yelled out once more, but stopped as Drake shoved him away. -09:56 Feb 05
  • Jumi: (*times) -09:56 Feb 05
  • Ellie: She looked at Drake, "It can become an imitation of any of us. It did so earlier." she answered roboticcaly. She couldn't tear her eyes away from it, the oozing liquid that spilled about on the ground. -09:56 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: (The Thing... nice!) -09:57 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna came back into the bridge clutching the case to her chest tightly as she dropped to the ground, opening the med kit up, hoping that the ship would stay still. "WHAT IS IT!? I'M HERE!" She said as she quickly withdrew a large boxx. -09:57 Feb 05
  • Ellie: *robotically -09:57 Feb 05
  • Luna: *Box -09:58 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "It's trying to talk." Arcadia piped in hollowly, pointing at the creature with her knife. -09:58 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake glanced at Arcadia, seeing the blood that matted with her hair. Beside her, Henry was clutching his shoulder, blood gushing between his fingers. "Luna, help them! Ellie, keep it covered." He moved closer to the creature, reaching out a hand towards its distorted face. -09:58 Feb 05
  • Asmo: He lowered his ear, trying to hear what it was saying -09:59 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Pulling his sidearm, Gands sighted his large revolver on the creature as Drake knelt near it. -09:59 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna sprang to action, switching gears and grabbing the rest of the med kit and runnign to Arcadia and Henry. "KEEP PRESSURE ON IT!" -09:59 Feb 05
  • Asmo: He brought his ear closer... closer... kneeling over the beast... -10:00 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He laughed at Luna's sudden actions, "And I thought you were just gonna sleep all day," -10:00 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie scrambled over, gently pulling Henry away from the creature and towards Arcadia & Luna. She held her gun at hand as well, trembling slightly. She still couldn't keep her eyes off it. As Drake grew closer, she didn't realize she was holding her breath. -10:00 Feb 05
  • Luna: Luna ran as quickly as she could and quickly withdrew what she needed and checked Henry and Arcadia over before deciding quickly what she needed to do -10:01 Feb 05
  • Asmo: His ear was inches from the creature's mouth... their breaths mingling, his human body touching its alien one as he listened.... listened.... -10:02 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "Don't get any closer to that thing, Drake." Gands said using the captain's name which he reserved for times of exreme caution. "We don't know what else that thing can do." -10:02 Feb 05
  • Asmo: listening... listening... -10:04 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It whispered breathless streams of what may have been nonsense. Bits of conversation, instructions, passwords, codes. Junk data. "Just dance so say we all quiet on the Western all is well and full of love Docking Port Station 574746 Heinz has ridges and you were there too You you You are not my manufacturer nails on chalkboard and across your backwoods recipe for blue whiskey and you're waiting on a train...." -10:04 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie had sharp hearing, but even she couldn't hear a thing that was being said. She watched for signs of understanding on their captain's face. -10:05 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: Suddenly, it's eyes lit up again, it's face mirroring Arcadia's as it turned toward the Captain. It's face was deadly serious. "You, should know that they're coming." -10:05 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: "I have failed. So that is what happens when I fail." -10:06 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake turned his head to look it fully in the eyes. His hands reached out, holding the sides of its head, his own voice whispering back. "Who's coming?" -10:06 Feb 05
  • Luna: She witdrew a needle and thread and then an ammount of bandages. She also pulled out a container of numbing agents and slammed the needle home into the container and then withdrew an ammount before taking the needle out and gently injected the ammount into Henry's wound. She then took the needle and stitching thread and started the process. -10:06 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Cocking his revolver, Gands gripped it with both handles, as the creatures eyes lit up again. "Captain...." Gands said in confusion. -10:06 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Who's coming?" he whispered again, a little louder. -10:07 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie moved over slowly, intrigued. What were they saying? She looked over at Gands - could he hear? -10:07 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: "RESET?" It boomed in Drake's voice. -10:07 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Drake recoiled, coming back onto his feet, face struck with confusion and fear. -10:08 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: "Who? Who? Who?" it echoed. The same flat tone. Almost mocking. -10:08 Feb 05
  • CoffeeCakeSadist: It became a drone, never ending. -10:08 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "What the hell did it say, captain?" Gands moved to stand next to Drake, his revolved dropping for a clear shot at the creatures head, though his trigger finger rested along the gun's frame. -10:09 Feb 05
  • Tegan: Arcadia stood over the scene, quietly repeating to herself. "across your backwoods recipe for blue whiskey and you're waiting on a train...." -10:09 Feb 05
  • Asmo: Slowly... he looked over to Gands... to his revolver, then the man's eyes. "Kill this thing," he whispered. -10:10 Feb 05
  • Jumi: "You... you sure? You just stopped me." -10:10 Feb 05
  • Ellie: She could hear it now. Like a broken record, it continued. She stared at it, confused. As Gands questioned Drake, Ellie bent over, looking at it curiously. "Wait. What did it say?" she looked at Drake. -10:10 Feb 05
  • Luna: She finished the rest of the stitches on Henry and then started wrapping the wound, then she moved to Arcadia, going over to her. "How badly does that scrape hurt?" She tried to smile befre going to work, cleaning it with a swab -10:11 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "It said nothing. Just gibberish. I'm done with this shit." He looked again at Gands. "Kill it." -10:12 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: As she stitched him up, he grit his teeth and breathed deeply, and as she left to Arcadia he looked at Ellie, "Nice shot, Desperado." -10:12 Feb 05
  • Jumi: Nodding to Drake, he looked down to the creature. "Captain... take Ellie somewhere while I deal with this thing." -10:12 Feb 05
  • QuelledHeretic: He looked at the creature again, "And...how long are we keeping this thing alive?" -10:13 Feb 05
  • Ellie: Ellie saw the way Arcadia had reacted earlier. Now, she was muttering something Ellie couldn't hear. "It said something," Ellie argued, "What did it say?" -10:13 Feb 05
  • Asmo: "Close your eyes, Ellie." Drake said, looking over at the girl. "Your father wouldn't want you to see this." He drew his own pistol and stood on the other side of the creature, matching Gands' stance. They both lowered their pistols towards the creature's head. He nodded to Gands. -10:15 Feb 05
  • [CoffeeCakeSadist ] -10:15 Feb 05
  • Tegan: "waiting on a train . . ." -10:16 Feb 05
  • Jumi: With a final glance to eachother, Drake, and Gands squeezed their triggers, and two rounds sped forth piercing the creatures skull with a dull ring from their large caliber rounds. -10:16 Feb 05
  • Tegan: (ANNNND END CHAPTER.) -10:17 Feb 05

Oh, this makes me happy! Yay!

I'd include more, but those of us who're involved know everything else about him other than his full name, his age, and what he looks like.

Name: Gands Tilenkost

Appearance:
Mercenaries-2-Mattias-Nilsson.jpg

Some of the chat log randomly repeats xD
BUT YAY (:
TEGAN YOU THE BESTTTTTTTT <3

Wasn't going to put anything up about Arcadia, but thought this might avoid future WTF.

Arcadia is a specially bioengineered being called a Keeper. Most older ships have them, though they are now a rarity. Basically, they are meant to sync up with the ship's piloting and navigational systems, they can also project their conciousness to a strange plane simply referred to as Aether. There is no explanation as to why or how they can do this, and it is one of the reasons why their production was halted.

Arcadia came with the Hesperos, as both were very old and in ill-repair, they came cheap.

saelius-1.jpg

Name: Captain Jonathan Drake

Kids: 2

Wife: 1

Drinks: Bourbon

Obviously he hasn't lived long enough...he only has one wife. Also, when does this all go down so I can join?

108223135.jpg

Name: Luna
Job: Nurse/ medical
Marital Status: Never been married, never had kids

[DASH="yellow"]
εʟʟiε

communications chick ; 19 years young!
loves candy ; hates frozen yogurt

owns a pet spidermonkey

adventurous, fun-loving, & up-beat
determined to be the number-one galactic hacker

has some kind of mysterious relationship with Captain Drake;
he is "friends with her father"

ftlucy.jpg

[/DASH]

*vomits on Sakura's character sheet*

*points finger at Jack* YOU WEREN'T THERE, MAN! YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT THING! YOU DON'T KNOW! YOU DOOOOON'T KNOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Hehe, Teggers has a point.

HARHAR. DONT YOU JUST LOVE HER SHORTS? <3

this is the reception I get for appropriately depicting a spunky blonde.

Name: Henry Jacobson
Job: Security Officer
Marital Status: Single
Character Type: Protective, very tolerant and doesn't look for trouble

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> Name: Elliot Tarn

Job: Con-man/Diplomat & Communications Officer

Marital Status: Single

Character Traits: Charismatic, charming, dark humored, manipulative, egotistical, self-centered.

Bio: Elliot’s life was perfect, or almost perfect. He had made a small fortune off of conning people out of money and goods. He lived vicariously, and neither karma nor the law could seem to catch him. He felt invincible. Unfortunately he began to con the wrong group of people, they set him up for failure and in essence conned the con-man. The swift arm of justice smashed into him like a bag of bricks and he was sentenced to twenty years. Unfortunately they could not pin him to his earlier cons and he put all of his “small fortune” to paying the right people and reduced his punishment to community service. Thus he was suggested to the Hesperos and now has been placed aboard as a diplomat to help things go “smoothly”. (Just a note, before his life of conning, Elliot was the Communications Officer aboard a ship until he had an epiphany/breakdown and changed his line of work.)

Appearance:

Trilby__the_Gentleman_thief_by_Crispy_Gypsy.jpg

Picture is a bit small, so here's the link: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/338/0/5/Trilby__the_Gentleman_thief_by_Crispy_Gypsy.jpg

I hope this works as a character, if you guys don’t like it let me know and I will change up the character and whatnot. I can’t wait for the chat RP everyone!

Have a good one, Jukebox.

Who's that guy?

YAY! ANOTHER CHARACTER!

*Stumbles from the closet.*

Elliot is our resident unpaid intern.

*Puts him under Ellie's command.*

Done and done. :D

[/worstGMever]

Yay! Ellie has a slave helper-person! ,D

EDIT:

I just LOLed because ELLIE & ELLI-OT sound basically the saaaame.
NO NICKNAMES FOR THE SLAVE HELPER-GUY.