Heroes: The Wonder Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow nodded. "I remember that soul. Strange old man. Left one hell of a mess when he was separated from his body." He watched as the crinis extended his hand to the boy.

Last edited:
The Crinis sat in silence with the others for a long moment before saying,

"I mean no respect, but what exactly are we doing Mrs. Blake? I feel like you are hiding something."

"You three, Sek, and Xyh and myself will be investigating this super weapon. in the Cell system"

She begins to put away the book manually, "You all are young and strong, and my best years a decades behind me. I want you three to be my eyes," She looks at Reaper, "My ears," glancing at the Crinis, "And muscle." Meeting eyes with Ansel's.

"You three will be my Strike Team. You will act on my command out there, fighting rouge organizations, space pirates, other meta-sentients, and lord knows what we may find." She puts the book back in it's place, "Most importantly help Sek grow into the man he will become."

"Unless there are any more questions I would prefer if we left sooner rather than later."

Last edited by a moderator:
"So, who are we fighting first? Space pirates, rogue organizations, meta-sentients, or Lord knows?" Ansel grinned savagely- He was itching to test his strength.

Shadow nodded and leaned against the wall, looking past the large man. It had been a while since his scythe had tasted fresh blood.

She stands up and walks out saying, "We will leave in a matter of hours. Feel free to join me a the ship."

"Very well, we shall meet you there."

The Crinis says before exiting the room. There was no time to waste. The Crinis people have been demonized for too long. It is time for someone to show that there is good in their race. Psionics can be a tool for good as well as evil. The only way to show that would be to get this mission underway. He heads over to the ship without any delay.

Ansel also proceeds to the ship, having nothing else to concern him for now. Moreover, the sooner they all assembled at the ship, the sooner he'd get to fight.

Shadow nodded silently and vanished out of the large man's shadow, teleporting from shadow to shadow until reaching the ship.

Ansel followed At-achi past the Academy's hundreds of inhabitance consisting of several different races and other powered sentient beings, they arrive at the docs. Unlike most planetary docking structures this one has a perplexing security system for ships leaving and entering the planet.

The two of you have to board a public transit that moves from the planet's surface, to the space port revolving around the planet. Once on the planet's Space Port you can board the actual ship.
(Like the space port at the beginning of Treasure planet except in a sphere, not a crescent)
After moving around through the crowd, you find Mrs. Blake standing in the open near a ship, she is holding a communicator and looks a little distressed. As you two approach she holds up a finger indicating she needs a moment.

"Yes, I understand Sergent... No, he has my clearance... He is my personal guest... I don't think you have the authority to talk to me like that...What do you mean under arrest?!?"
*sigh* "I understand I'll be there soon." *Click*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reaper vanished from sight and moved from shadow to shadow. He found himself at the docs. While idly phasing through shadows, his power of shadow manipulating stopped working (Roll D20 + 2 Wis Modifier) You hear someone in a deep voice say "STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!"

Attachments

• Exterior.png
    Exterior.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 2
"What's the matter?" Ansel asked, eyebrow raised. "Who managed to get themselves pinched? So far as I can tell, we haven't been doing anything wrong." Ansel looked around, taking stock of the situation. "We're missing... The kid we're watching, and the shadow guy, that right? Is it one of them?"

Shadow looked over his shoulder, casually leaning against a wall in the shade of a corner. "Yeees?" he asked, quickly taking note of the environment and people behind him.

Shadow You control of Darkness feels weakened, but not fully suppressed.

Two Security Droids approach as you notice several civilians around you. You draw a crowd of what looks roughly around 20 people.
In front of you is a Station to Planet Ship Station. behind you is the city. You are in a large hallway of sorts.

"You are under arrest for the attempted murder of Stacy Alexander Blake. How do you plead?"

Shadow is incredibly confused seeing as how he is actually working for her.

Meanwhile...

"It seems that our friend shadow is being mistaken for an assassin aimed at me, but why...?
Ansel At-achi I know we where supposed to leave soon, but could you please come with me to find our dark friend?"

Attachments

• Security Droids.jpg
    Security Droids.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2
Shadow subtly tested his control over the shadows within the droids as he turned to face them fully. "How do I plead? Well, considering I'm a reaper, assassination isn't exactly my line of work. But, to answer your question, I plead the fifth." He smirked faintly, wondering how the droids would react to his reference of a document which hadn't been intact for centuries.

"If it gets us on our way sooner, sure. Lead the way."

As Reaper focuses on his Darkness Powers, he senses some one else moving through the shadows, but with much more speed and finesse that himself.

The droids respond, "Plead the 5th. Human dialogue detected. Prisoner to refers to Article 1-a-6-2-q-a-t-s-c-b-l1. 'Sentient beings have the right to not incriminate them selfs, unless loss of life is detected. This human seeks to end life and there for is revoked of this law. Come with us, and you will not be executed in the streets"

Ansel & Aach-Ti Follow Mrs. Blake down to the space port and to the planet side ships. Aach-Ti's could sense a hostile mind behind him. However this sentient he was waving hatred around so much that Aat-Ti had no trouble detecting this. It was not attacking yet, but the Crinis knew he would if they where not in public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aach-Ti, feeling the presence of the hostile figure, went on high alert. His tentacles sprung upward and his mouth began to salivate a little. To another Crinis, this would be very alarming. For others, it is still rather unsettling, considering now his teeth are barred and a low hiss flows from his mouth. Looking about with his mind once again, he locates the hostile and attempts something he has done countless times in practice, but never in the field. Melding his mind into the mind of the enemy, he attempts to invade the hostile's psyche.

Attempting to Mind Swtich-

d20+10(Power Rank) vs Target's Will Save

While Mind Swtiching, I loose the ability to use Telepathy, Emotional Control, Illusion, Mental Blast, and Mind Control.

Ansel makes a disgusted face at Aach-ti. "Hey, close your damn mouth, nobody wants to look at your gaping maw." Ansel, unfortunately, did not seem to register that the group was imperiled at all.

Ansel feels his muscles stop moving and falls to the ground. the man felt a very strange and cold presence as he fell over. (You will continue to make will saves until the paralysis ends)

Aat-Ti feels his mind leaving his body, and the mind of the assailant switch to his. The crinis, now in the man's body, sees his hand extending to Ansel. He could see the assassin in his own body.

Attachments

• assassin.jpg
    assassin.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4
(Goddammit, Zack, the name is Shadow. Get it right.)

Shadow remained where he stood, indescreetly tampering with the wires inside of the droids by using the shadows. "Incorrect. The fifth declares that I have the right to refrain from saying anything that may incriminate myself or others, regardless of the circumstances."

Status
Not open for further replies.