Heroes in the Making

Germain rolled his eyes as the others bickered over ground rules, and couldn't help but smile as Keith slid into the fridge portal. That is so cool. He let out a deep breath and let the others argue as he stepped out of the kitchen and walked to front door. As Keith reached for the doorknob Germain put a hand on his shoulder.

"Keith, I get that you're frustrated with all this bickering, but getting angry and storming out isn't the way to handle this."

Keith sighed, took off his glasses and cleaned them on his borrowed shirt, he spoke down towards his shoes, "I'm not angry Germain, I don't get angry. I just don't feel like I belong in this situation."

Germain crossed his arms and leaned against the door-frame, "I agree Keith, you don't belong in this situation, none of us do. But whether we're like it or not we are in this situation, and we're probably going to be better off if we're all in it together. So why don't we go back to the kitchen and try to work out some ground rules that everyone can agree on...or at least agree not to fight over."

Keith slid his glasses back on in an obviously practiced one-handed motion, "That sounds reasonable...I believe I can agree to those terms." Keith walked back to the kitchen and Germain followed close behind. Crys and Clara were a dark cloud in his increasingly messy kitchen, Alice was standing with her arms crossed and an adament expression, and Sig was munching on snacks and taking in the shower. Kieth and Germain rejoined the table.

"Ok, so it's become clear we need to agree on some ground rules. In theory, I agree with Keith and Alice about not killing people, but blanket rules like that might not work out in the long run. We might find ourselves in situations were taking a life is the best option available to us. That being said," Germain glanced at Cyrs, "outright murdering anyone we don't like or disagree with definitely isn't the way to go. So I don't think that should be our go-to option."

He turned back to the center of the kitchen isle, leaning on his elbows and pressing his fingers together in a steeple, "It's also clear that we all need some time to understand and adapt to our new abilites. Crys and I need to learn to use our powers without passing out, I'm sure Sig, Alice, and Keith need time to experiment with their capabilities, and Clara..."
Germain looked Clara straight in the eye, "If you're worried about accidentally killing someone, then practice. Practice and research non-lethal options..." Germain pointed at Keith and said, "...I'm sure The Brain can help you with that. So, why don't we all just exchange contact info, and take a week to practice, either individually or in groups, then meet up at..." Germain looked around at the general chaos everyone had left in his house, ".....Keith's house? Sound good?"

Last edited by a moderator:
He watched them fight, and silently ate bologna for a few minutes before speaking up again. "What makes you think that that thing living should be allowed? This isn't some comic, okay? The normal people probably don't have the capabilities to hold someone like that, and I sure as hell am not going to stand by and "capture" (he air quoted) a criminal that is perfectly capable of going out and killing large groups again. I didn't ask for your opinion on whether we should do it or not, and I'm not going to simply kill anyone just because I have the power to. But I'm telling you now, if they remain a problem, and they keep killing, then it's me, or them. And you can try to stop me if you want.", he frowned, and put the pack of bologna down. "You're awfully childish to insinuate I'm simply being sadistic, or wicked. I know what's right. I'm not going to kill regular people, but that thing has to be stopped, permanently. And if any of you pulled that sort of shit, you'd better believe I'd be after you too.", he replied flatly, and folded his arms. "I'm fine with developing my powers on my own. If that's all, then, Germain, I'll give back the shirt the next time I see you.", he put the bologna in the fridge, and walked out, taking his jacket with him. The shirt was incredibly unfitting for someone so serious.

A hand grabbed Keith's shoulder sending a tingle down his spine. Too tall for the girls, Germain or Cry's. Keith turned to look at Germain who started speaking,"Keith, I get that you're frustrated with all this bickering, but getting angry and storming out isn't the way to handle this."

Keith sighed. No matter what I do I will never be understood. Without thinking about it at all took off his glasses and cleaned them on his borrowed shirt, "I'm not angry Germain, I don't get angry. I just don't feel like I belong in this situation." I always work better alone. Work? what am I even talking about, Fighting crime? HA. Keith Did not realized just how terrified he still was of these people, not fear of death; His crippling fear of speaking to people because he did not want to be misunderstood. All his life Keith was made fun of for his misspoken words, so shying away from people he turned to books, computers, and building thing's.

"I agree Keith, you don't belong in this situation, none of us do. Sigh. But whether we're like it or not we are in this situation, and we're probably going to be better off if we're all in it together. So why don't we go back to the kitchen and try to work out some ground rules that everyone can agree on...or at least agree not to fight over."

Keith placed his glasses back on his face,"That sounds reasonable...I believe I can agree to those terms." The two of them walked back into the kitchen and Keith sat down at the table far from Clara. Keith sat for a while listening to what was said until he heard his name,".....Keith's house? Sound good?". What? Oh god my mom is going to go insane if I have people over. How do I ask her? Before Keith could respond to Germain, Crys made a speech, threw the Bologna into the fridge and stormed out. How does he know where I live?

Keith pondered about the abilities and rules of his power.
Rules we know:
I make two ball things about the size and weight of a softball. One is red , the other green.
When the balls hit a flat surface they make a door shaped box on the surface.
When one portal is active and the other is not, the portal is a door sized area of the associated color.
When both boxes are placed there is a portal from one box to the other, you may pass both ways.
Inanimate objects may pass through the portals, can people besides me?

Keith picked up a few napkin's, placing them in front of himself, he asked Sigourney,"May I have a couple of chips please?"

"Sure." Sigourney held out the bag. Keith planned on grabbing a large handful of chips, however the Bag of chips which said "EXTRA LARGE", was nearly empty and most of the remaining chips were broken. Her metabolism must be insane. A regular bag of chips is about 300 calories, she just ate 12 times that; in 10 minutes. If she ate breakfast and Dinner like this she must be on a 12,000 calorie diet. That's the same as Michael Phelps During his Olympic training.

Thinking he only asked the question in his mind Keith said, "How much have you eaten since last night?" Keith grabbed a handful of chips, making sure to grab a couple whole chips, and placed them on a unfolded napkin. Keith summoned the green ball placing it onto one of the napkins. A green box formed on the napkin, but did not spread to the table. Debris can be a problem, but I can make smaller boxes. Keith placed his left hand on another napkin and thought about the red portal. Suddenly his hand came up from the table. After a quick self high five Keith unsummoned both portals and formed the balls again, lobbing the red one on the floor in the hall away from everyone. The door is facing me longways just like it was when I placed it on the ceiling and floor earlier. must be another rule. He placed the green ball onto a napkin and the red box shrank into a napkin sized portal. Interesting, My power seems oddly...Logical. I make a door, and it opens when the other door is places, making a doorway through the 3rd dimension, but both of the doors will always be the same size.

Keith picked up a chip and unsummoned the red portal suddenly interested in testing something. He stuck the chip in his mouth and chewed as he summoned the red ball and picked up another delicious chip. What a good flavor. Placing the red ball on a napkin he stuck the chip through the red side, and blew the green napkin off the table. It sounded like a cafeteria of children were all given Doritos and told to chomp as loudly as possible as the chip crumpled to bits in Keith's fingers. The portals went away without Keith's volition as the napkin floated to the floor. Don't be in the portal when it closes. Also move or break what the portal is on and the portal goes away? So many things to consider. What a fascinating puzzle all of this is.

As the staredown ended, Clara felt oddly accomplished. She'd managed to drive the most annoying member away, but Germain left to go bring him back. No don't let him come back! I hate him! Clara thought as he re-entered the room. He can't come back! I'll break his rules and he'll hate me too... She glared at him as he entered again. He needed to shut up and stop being so high and mighty with him having the powers of a portal gun. He can't kill anyone with those, can he?

She watched Crys leave and she agreed with him. She wasn't able to be gentle or even remotely non-lethal. "I agree with Crys. I want revenge," Clara said, but she never said what she wanted revenge for. She wanted the angel to have let her die in that explosion, "and I'm tired of this. I'm done trying to work with people who don't get it."

"And Germain. I am smarter than he is. I can figure out the options on my own. The next time you say that I need help from wussy boy, I won't need to create a weapon to kill you. You don't even know what I can and can't do." Clara heard the sound of the knife she'd been holding previous snap at the hilt. It vanished and she didn't bother replacing it. Clara stood up, slamming a fist down on the counter and looking away from the group. "And give me a reason to even try to stay with this group. Sooner or later..." Clara didn't bother finishing her sentence. She had no threat to back up her words.

But they'd leave. They'd find out that she wasn't able to keep a friendship for long. This group would desert her for one reason or another, and she'd be going into the high school once again alone and frustrated. As she walked out into the entryway, it took all she had not to punch the wall out of frustration. Her hands were balled so tightly into fists that she stood, staring at the door for a while before she slammed it open and shut it behind her just as loudly.

She pulled out the piece of glass as she walked across Germain's lawn, tossing a ball for the dogs to chase along with the words, "Obtenir l'ecureuil." It kept the dogs off her well enough and for that she was grateful. She wanted to think, long and hard. Mostly, she wanted to arrive before her parents and be able to play with her abilities some more. She wanted to know everything about it, and there had to be a limit somewhere. A limiter on her power because there had to be a downside. Maybe she couldn't harm herself with the weapons she summoned, maybe she could only summon so much or so little at a time.

Most of all, Clara wanted to see what would happen if she pushed herself past her limit.
Clara Focus: 45

Germain didn't move as Clara spoke. Didn't wince, didn't twich, didn't flinch, didn't breath. His usual easy smile and laughing eyes were replaced by a silent stare. A cold, hard, emotionless stare. Deep into the girl's eyes. How do you do you know who you are or aren't smarter than? You must have an awfully high opinion of yourself. And even if you're the smartest person in the world, intelligence isn't the same thing as knowledge, and neither are worth much without common sense. If you think you're so incapable of developing non-lethal options, you should accept help from someone who is. He opened his mouth to speak, but thought better of it and remained silent. The girl might hear him but she obviously wouldn't listen.

After Clara stormed out, Germain took a deep breath and looked at the remaining three, "Well, I think I've had quite enough B.S. for one day," he walked to the front door, opened it wide and gestured towards the gate, "so unless anyone else wants to threaten my life over a disagreement, I'll see y'all next week. Or not. I honestly don't know if I care anymore."

Germain, quite the gentlemen, held the door open for Sig, Keith, and Alice as they walked out. Alice paused at the door, "Germain, we can't end it like this. They couldn't have gone too far, maybe we could try and smooth things over."

"I don't think so Alice. You can talk with them if you want, but I'm really not in the mood to deal with anyone who's going to flip out and threaten to kill me....I'll see you next week."

Alice had this annoyed look on her face like she wanted to say something. Germain gave her his cheesiest smile in return. Alice let out an irritated grunt but left without another word. Germain closed the door behind her, then looked up a number in his phone and called it.

"Hello is this Crystal Clear Glass & mirror Co.? Do you do same day window repair? Oh wonderful, yes I'll hold."

Reactions: Tofu__WU
Clara was speaking, ".....And Germain. I am smarter than he is." She can not be talking about me "I can figure out the options on my own." She is! I got a 2390 on my SAT, I skipped 3 grade levels. What have you done? Played with dolls and half-ass learned first aid. I got accepted to MIT and was number 4 in my high school class at 15. "The next time you say that I need help from wussy boy" Uncalled for. "I won't need to create a weapon to kill you." She needs to be watched as well. "You don't even know what I can and can't do." The only true thing so far. However, Neither do you.

Keith watched Clara leave and heard her slam the door. "Well, I think I've had quite enough B.S. for one day, so unless anyone else wants to threaten my life over a disagreement, I'll see y'all next week. Or not. I honestly don't know if I care anymore."

Keith got up and walked out past Germains gate and started walking over to his house, planning to change shirts immediately.

Holy shit. Is this shit for real?

Sig watched the chaos once again unfold in front of her. Look at this bullshit. Should I be doing something? Crys stalked out of the room. Sig watched him go. I guess he doesn't want a ride back. I guess I could try to round them up, but I don't know how they're going to react. Sig quietly and quickly walked over to the fridge and pulled out a carton of juice. Where are the glasses? Sig looked around before Clara started shouting, sitting down immediately as to not get caught in the crossfire of whatever might happen. Nevermind, who needs a glass anyway. As Sig started to drink the juice, Clara's voice escalated and was quickly drowned out by the sound of her slamming a knife down on the counter. As it disappeared, Sig's eyes widened before she looked over at Alice, who caught the look of alarm and returned it. Jesus Christ, why is this her only way of reacting to shit. I need to establish some contact before things get even more out of hand.

But before Sig even thought to stand up, Clara said, "You don't even know what I can and can't do", and fled the room, slamming the door behind her. Another person who does not need a ride. Just as Sig was polishing off the juice, Germain chose to kick everyone out of his house. Ookaaaaaay. Sig furrowed her brow as Germain led her, Keith and Alice out. As they walked out the front door, Alice stayed behind to talk to Germain while Sig and Keith kept walking. Sig moved to walk to her car, looking back once and seeing that Alice had an incredibly annoyed look on her face. What a tight-knit group we're turning out to be. Sig turned to Keith, about to say something, only to notice that he was walking in a completely different direction.

Sig sped up to talk to him, catching him by the arm. Keith immediately freaked out, lashing out at her as he turned around. Sig dodged the hit easily, and backed up with her hands up. "Hey man, I'm not gonna try and hurt you." Sig pursed her lips and raised her eyebrows, making a sheepish face and backed up another step. "I can give you some space. That was some fucked up shit that was happening in there. I'm still processing it all, but I just wanted to make sure we didn't just split up again. The whole point of this was to make sure we were all the same page." Please believe me, enough bullshit has already happened today. Keith stared at her for a beat longer before relaxing. "Yeah, I understand. But, -um, my, my house is just right down the road, and honestly I do need some space after all that happened." Keith paused before saying, "I guess we should try to establish a line of contact though. So that all of us can be in the know." Sig gave Keith the address the autoshop and her home address.

After, Keith started jogging home, so Sig turned and zipped back to her car, just as Alice was reaching hers. "Can you believe the bullshit that happened today?" Sig looked around to see if Germain was still there, but saw that the front door had been closed. Alice stared up at Sig before running a hand over her face and exhaling hard, exasperated. "This is a mess. I can't believe what happened and all the time we just wasted. Who thinks it's okay to act like that?" Alice exclaimed, rubbing her forehead like a headache was forming. Hmm, I wonder if medication works on her. Sig scrunched her face up thinking. Wait, stop that, I need to focus. Sig shook her head to clear her thoughts.

"Hey, do you want to meet up this week or something? You know, away from Team Overreaction?"

After Germain opened the gate to let everyone out, Without saying anything, Keith turned right down the sidewalk and walked down the street. Though he was only walking down 6 houses Keith had 400 meters to walk to his house; which meant he had 400 meters to think. Ok, now that I'm out of the situations I need to sort things out. Things that should be adressed;
"Replace list"
Join the group or watch them
Clara
Crys
Superpowers and what to do about them
Lies to mom
Protection from the Winged Woman

Am I still human?

Most important to least.

Lies to mom.
I'm going home now, and what have I been doing all day? What time is it now?

Keith suddenly felt a hand on his arm, and though it was not a normal reaction for him Keith swung out at the unseen person in a quick moment of terror. He turned around to see Sigourney "Hey man, I'm not gonna try and hurt you." she said as she backed up a step. Fuck I must be more on edge than I thought I was. All of this kind of shit must be why I've never hung out with people outside of school, It's just so not worth it. A quick "Sorry" escaped Keith's lips before she continued, "I can give you some space. That was some fucked up shit that was happening in there. I'm still processing it all, but I just wanted to make sure we didn't just split up again. The whole point of this was to make sure we were all the same page."

Keith Thought about what she said. She has done nothing hostile at all, but what does she mean split up again? "Yeah, I understand. But, -um, my, my house is just right down the road, and honestly I do need some space after all that happened."Thank you for the out Sigourney, I've dealt with people as much as I would care to today. However besides maybe Alice, Sigourney seems to be the most on the same page about all of this. Plus she is right, if I want to observe more of her abilities then I need to be able to find her, "I guess we should try to establish a line of contact though. So that all of us can be in the know." Did I just ask a girl for her number?

"My home phone number is 555-286-9846. My dad owns Olaf's Autoshop. you can usually find me there. The adress is....."
After she Finished giving him her address Keith pointed her to his house and told her his cell phone number without thinking about it. he then turned around and being that he was so frazzled about asking a girl for her number Keith jogged away and crossed the street without saying goodbye. He then realized that he was walking so he had time to think.

God today is weird, What am I saying, this whole weekend has been weird, College is going to be so much better than all of this has ever been. Where was I? Oh yea, What time is it now? The last clock he saw was in the car which said 12:45. We got interrogated, we hung out at one persons house who is our neighbor. What did we do? Hmmmm...We watched superhero movies...The Justice league, and The Punisher.

Join the group or not?
before that I have to consider the people. Clara is Mount Etna and Plutonium combined, but if she manages to not kill someone her power is fascinating and the possibilities of what is could create are near endless. She is rude and says unneeded things. Sigourney, Alice and Germain seem normal enough, at least they don't randomly pull weapons and attack things or people. Not enough Data to set a solid thought on Crys, though he should be watched.

Though Clara has shown a lack of charisma her power is fascinating and I would love to study it, though I should keep my distance or risk limbs. Crys is in the exact same boat as Clara. Sigourney seems to sit and observe alot, she doesn't speak much, wants to become friends, and doesn't seem threatening. Germain is a fool and a jokester, he is no threat to anyone unless his power consumes his mind. Alice. So much Charisma, pulling everyone together, trying to run things. It's all normal to her though, she's been in charge of other things for a while now. Her power at the moment seems to be invisibility, She dropped 12 stories last night, that means that she was falling at 29 miles a hour as she belly flopped and should have splattered like the bag of meat we all are. she took about 7X the force a normal body could have taken, and where as a normal human drops 15 feet and breaks a leg, she fell about 140 feet and doesn't have a scratch on her. She is so fascinating, and beautiful. Images of the night before floated into his head, Keith quickly pushed them out. Focus, fucking hormones. I guess I should join the group.

Keith walked in through the front door of his house and looked up and the enormous grandfather clock his parents had in the Atrium 1:38!!!!!! What had felt like 4 months to Keith was only 53 minutes. I don't think this group will last.

Alice was furious. Never in her life has she felt an overwhelming loss of control. If only she had voiced her concerns a little sooner or a little louder and maybe they wouldn't have such a broken team. Could she even call them a team? They were definitely far from it. Everyone was mad at another and had basically separated themselves from the rest. This was not safe to do with the government and a powered winged lady flying who knows where. All of them needed to come to an agreement somehow since it was the only way they could survive. Sure, some could take care of themselves but they would do so much better as a team. And well... Alice herself didn't have any offensive moves of her own and would need the help of her supposed comrades in a fight. At least that's what she had been theorizing for a while now.

As she stomped to her car, cursing angrily to herself, she heard someone's yelling at her. "Hey, do you want to meet up this week or something? You know, away from Team Overreaction?" Sig called out from her giant truck. "Only if you're willing to help me talk these guys down." Alice replied, kind of relieved to have someone who was level-headed enough to have a decent conversation with, "I'm worried Crys and Clara might end up doing something reckless. And we need to make sure to keep a low profile while we figure out how to use these powers of ours. Maybe even get our own training done before we meet with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and their mansions." Alice headed over to her tiny car parked right next to Sig's and unlocked the driver's side.

"I know where your family's shop is since my dad's been there a couple of times. I'll swing by tomorrow at 11 and we can make a game plan from there. See you later." Alice got into her car and closed the door behind her. She needed to be home like an hour ago and knew she'd get an earful from her dad. He probably didn't even know her phone was broken. Dammit, what a day.

The window repairman showed up around 5 pm and provided provided quality workmanship. Germain leaned in to examine the repaired window. Luckily the bullet had hit the glass and not the frame or grilles. If i didn't know better, I'd say it was never shot out by a teenage girl with magical summoning powers.

"Thanks again for coming out on such short notice. you do great work." Germain smiled and paid him with some of the cash his parents had left for emergencies.

"Oh it was no trouble sir, and thank you for choosing Crystal Clear. Have a nice day now," the repairman accepted the payment with a beaming smile and took his leave. Thankfully he didn't ask any questions about how the window got broken. I need to make a point of remember their number, just in case someone decides to shoot up my house again. Germain followed the repairman man to the door and locked it behind him. He hadn't had a chance to eat with all the commotion earlier, and was starting to feel it now as his stomach let out and audible grumble. Between Sig and Crys all the good snack stuff is probably cleaned out, hopefully there's still something easy left and I won't have to cook. Germain walked through the kitchen, checking the pantry and fridge. It had been just him at home for a few weeks and probably would be until the end of the summer. Mom usually did the grocery shopping, and Germain was forgetful about those kinds of things, so the pantry and fridge were sparsely stocked. Sig had eaten all the chips, and everything else in the pantry was either spices or uncooked food. The fridge was a similar story. There's some bread and bologna though, looks like sandwhiches for dinner toni- oh gross this bread is moldy. Trash. and now that I think of it, Crys probably didn't wash his hands before he went to town on the Bologna. Trash...also, who eats bologna straight from the package anyway? Germain groaned as he realized he would have to cook. It had been a stressful day and he just wanted to chill out and watch South Park.

The veggies were boiling, the chicken was sizzling in the skillet, and Germain was 'no one's watching' dancing to the Goofy Movie Sountrack when there was a knock at the door.
the-community-krumping-o.gif

He shuffled on over to the front door, opened it, and immediately regretted not looking through the peephole first. His breath caught in his throat as he suddenly found himself face to face with Agent Longshadow. She was even more beautiful with the vivid sunset framing her figure, but those eyes. That stare. That predatory gaze that made you feel like meat. Germain took a reflexive step back and groaned internally. No, don't freak out. Don't look suspicious. Play it cool G, play it cool.

"Um, G-good evening Miss Longshadow. Sorry but, um. How did you...uh..." Germain looked passed her towards the gate and scanned the yard for the dogs. His eyes narrowed in irritation when he spotted them peeking out from behind mom's apple tree. Why do we even have guard dogs?

Longshadow followed his gaze then turned back towards him and replied in her precise, chilling monotone, "Your Gate was left unlocked...and animals tend to...shy away from me"

No shit? I wonder why. "Ah I see, I uh, most have forgotten to lock it...So...uh, why are you here?"

"I'm investigating a call about...gunshots, and yelling coming from your home...Your neighbor heard them while...gardening. I'd like to come in to...look around and talk with you...if you don't mind."

Fucking. Clara....shit what do I say. Should I ask if she has a warrant? No that'll just make things worse, just play it cool.

Germain's heart thumped in his chest as he stepped to the side and opened wider the door for her, "Oh, sure. Please come in. I was just making dinner. Would you uh..like some?" Dammit I'm usually so much better at this, why am I so flustered around this woman. Oh that's right, she's fucking terrifying.

Longshadow sniffed the air then stalked around the house, pausing now and then to take in her surroundings, "No thank you, too much garlic for my taste." She turned down the hall to the right and walked towards the music room. The click of her shoes echoed as she walked confidently down the corridor. Germain followed after her, scrambling to come up with something convincing. She paused at the spot where Crys had passed out. Germain had cleaned up the mess everyone had left before he started cooking, but he still screamed internally. The Agent gazed down at the spot for a moment but didn't say anything about. Instead she glanced around the room before turning to Germain, "New window?"

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit

"Oh? Oh yes, I tripped and knocked my head on the glass you see," He gestured towards the cut above his eye from when he face-planted earlier, "I had to get it repaired..."
Germain had a light-bulb moment and perked up with a confident smile, "and I was playing Call of Duty in the other room. My neighbor must have heard and jumped to conclusions. Mrs. Stevenson is such a worrywart, ha ha ha ha ha haaa...."

tumblr_n2kxmuz3Vg1tpl3ano1_500.gif

Longshadow's raised brow and narrowed eyes seemed to suggest she wasn't buying it. She brushed passed him again back into the living room, glancing here and there. Ok, this isn't working, need to get her out of my house.

"...So...if that's all, I'd really like to relax and have dinner."

"...I see, that's all for now then. I assume you will be here if i need to contact you again?"

"Oh, well, yeah, about that..." gotta B.S. some excuse to get out of town, at least for a few days. Can't very well practice my powers with her around. "I won't be around for a few days you see, because I'm...going camping...with a friend."

"A friend?"

"Yes a friend of mine named..." shit who should I say? Alice plainly detests me. Sig's...kind of bitchy. Cyrs and Clara are obvious no's. which leaves... "Keith, you might have met him back at the school"

"Ah yes, I remember him." she reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a notebook, "when will you be returning? and is there a number you can be reached by?"

"We'll be gone for a week, and yeah, my spare cell phone number is 555-988-8120."

"Right, thank you for your cooperation...Germain. I'll take my leave now." She walked towards the exit, but lingered at the threshold, "By the way, there's a...red spot on your living room carpet....you may want to clean it up." The terrifying woman left and Germain shakily locked the door behind her. He rushed back to the living room and looked down at the carpet. There was a golf ball sized bloodstain on the corner of the carpet. Crap, I must have missed it. How did she even notice that? She was barely in here. Germain went to the kitchen, flipped the chicken, turned off the range under the pot, and whipped out his phone while taking deep, calming, breaths.

Search.

Keith, Northend High School Colorado...mathlete club maybe?

Keith Porter

Search.

Whitepages.

Keith Porter. Northend, Colorado. Home address and Phone number.

Thank you internet. Germain dialed Keith's home number and put it on speaker. It rang a few times then a woman with a voice like a disney princess picked up.

"Porter residence."

"um, hello, is Keith there?"

"Why yes he most certainly he is."

"....."

"....."

"uh, can I talk to him?"

"who should I say is calling?"

"Germain. I'm a friend from school, I live a few houses down from you."

"WHAaAaAaAT?!?!? OH MY GOODNESS YOU SHOULD COME OVER!!! YOU CAN SEE HIM AND HAVE DINNER WITH US AND I CAN MEET YOU IT WILL BE SO AMAZING!!!"

"oh, uh, that's ok. I actually just made dinner. We're supposed to come over next week though, i don't know if he mentioned that..."

"WE?!?!?!?"

"yeah...me, Crys, Clara, Sig, and Alice..."

"WHAaAaAaAaT!?!?!?! KEITH IS HAVING FRIENDS OVER?!?! AND SOME OF THEM ARE GIRLS?!?!? THIS IS WONDERFUL, I NEED TO CALL HIS FATHER ABOUT THIS!!!"

"....."

"....."

"right....so can I talk to him?"

"Oh my goodness where are my manners? Yes just a moment Germain."

"Thank you Mrs. Porter."

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Hello?"

"Keith?"

"Yes...Germain?"

"Yeah dude, what's up with your mom? I could like, hear her smiling."

"Yes she's rather eccentric...how did you get my number? I don't remember giving it to you."

"Internet."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"......"

"......"

"......"

"I'm not a crazy stalker i swear, I just...really need a favor. Longshadow came to my house a few minutes ago."

"Oh...That's probably not good."

"Totes dude. On the real, that chick is super sketch."

".....Ok?"

"So about that favor. Longshadow was snooping around 'cause of all noise from earlier, and I figured I wouldn't be able to practice this week with her scoping me out, so I told her I was gonna be out of town camping."

"I see."

"And I kind of told her you were coming with me."

"......I see"

"Yeah."

".........."

"Look I'm sorry man, I didn't know what to say. That woman scares the crap out of me. I can't think straight around her....I didn't know what else to say."

".......I've never been camping."

"Don't worry about it man, I go all the time with my dad. I'll bring all the gear and the know how, you just bring clothes for the week."

"The week?"

"Well, six days. since we need to be back to meet the others."

".............................."

"I know it's short notice, but I really really need your help man."

-sigh- "Ok, I'll tell my mom we need a ride to the camp grounds tomorrow, where is it exactly?"

"I'll send you the deets over facebook, but don't worry about getting a ride from your mom. I've got my liscence and the keys to my parents' cars. Just be ready to go tomorrow around tenish. We'll catch some lunch someplace then head up. It's gonna be chilly in the mountains by the way, so dress warm."

".......ok."

"Coolio broham, lates."

"What?"

-Click-

Reactions: Coca-Korra
Keith started walking up the stairs, He did not know where in the house his mother was, but music was not blaring throughout the house, and it reeked of all kinds of cookies.
Lies to mom.
Obviously My lie about seeing 4 hours worth of movies in 1 hour will not work, We just sat around and ate is what I guess I'll tell her.
Keith reached the second floor landing. He walked around the Large L shaped couch to the stairs up to the third floor, the wood floor creaking under his feet. He walked down the hall, turning the light on. Every room on the third floor was "his", including a bedroom with attached full bathroom, office, entertainment room with attached kitchenette, and small library/work room.

Superpowers and what to do about them?
I need to learn all of the rules of my power so I may use it at it's full potential. Other peoples power's are fascinating, their powers seem so much stronger than mine, but mine has so much potential for so many things. I just need to study them all more.

As he walked up to the third floor he turned and opened the double door's to his office; it was a room with his expensive computer on a large redwood desk, a calender with all of the important days from school written on it hung on the wall near the door, X's through everything that had writing on i. Several colors of fine-point sharpies hung by string's from it. Keith marked an X through the day with "Graduation Party" written on it in a neat tidy handwriting that was not his own. He looked at the pictures of superheros on the walls, Are they real? at this point, they aren't all that far from reality. Keith sat behind his desk and turned his computer on, It booted up quickly from the expensive parts, and care he took to keep the files sorted.

"Replace list"
I need a phone, in all of the stress of talking to Sigourney I gave her my cell phone number, if she wants to call me I need a new phone now. I can buy everything else on amazon.
Which is what Keith proceeded to do.
I can cover protection from the Winged Woman while I'm here. Keith purchased many things over the next several hours, making a bit of a dent in the money he had put away from his ridiculous allowance which was grade based and working as a tutor and computer repair man since he was 10 years old not to mention the stocks he had been playing with with his mother since he understood the concept at age 6. He got overnight shipping on as many things as he could get it on, and easily purchased most of what he wanted through amazon. Oh how wonderful the internet is. Keith got up and found his mother, lying to her about how his phone was smashed under a car tire after he dropped it. The both of them went and replaced his phone at the store. The only real thing flowing through his mind the entire time being the only thing on his list to address that was left. Am I still human? I don't even know how to give that an answer right now.

On the ride to the Verizon store Keith's mother asked about his day, "So who were those girls you were talking to?".

Shit "Friends from school."

"Did they graduate as well?"

"Yea"

"Who's the girl who drug you through the parking lot?" she asked through the huge smile on her face.

Keith's face was cherry red. He stared out the front of the car. NOOO...."Mom I really do not want to talk about this right now. You couldn't possibly understand." I can't tell her the truth. Not yet at least. How the hell do I word that.

"Sweetheart, when me and your father met when I was in the Peace Core I was too Shy to hold his hand, so I would push him around by the shoulders. I think I understand." His mother watched him for a little long.

"MOM ROAD." Keith said loudly. Not only does she once again not watch the road, mom doesn't understand what I mean. I guess girls are simpler though. "I don't want to talk about it." He continued to stare out the front of the car, not meeting his mothers passing gazes. Keith's mother's phone went off, she stared at her phone for 30 seconds. Keith took her phone away.

Later That Night....

Keith heard the home phone go off, it rang twice before it stopped. He was busy downloading Files off of the "Deep Web", He was fixing the problem of protecting himself from the Winged woman by buying .CAD files for various weapons. He came across a document labeled "Trophy_Den.CAD" That was being offered for 15 BTC which currently exchanged to $3559.65. Keith's curiosity eventually won as he took out all but 3 of his Bitcoins and bought it and a few other things.

As Keith was going through the Jackpot of .CAD files he had purchased he realized the "Trophy Den" Had more than just tasers and guns. It had Quad-Copter designs, grenades, bludgeoning weapons, few armor's; even a few ridiculous things like the parts to a Dune Buggy, a small cannon, and a click together boat. This is ridiculous, and so worth it. The Internet is beautiful. This was when Keith's mother walked in on him staring intently at his computer. He quickly closed out of everything on his desktop and promptly said, "Hi mom, uhhh thanks for knocking. What do you need?"

His mother gave him a weird look.
285.gif

"Where you watching porn?" Keith's mother whispered at him while holding the phone to her shoulder.

"What?? No! Who is on the phone?" Keith demanded while red faced. Jesus.

"A Germain? He say's he is a friend from school." she stated. Oh god how did he find my number.

He held out his hand staring at his mother,"Please." he said before she handed it to him. What does he want.

"Hello?"

"Keith?"

"Yes...Germain?"

"Yeah dude, what's up with your mom? I could like, hear her smiling."This is the first time anyone has ever called me.

"Yes she's rather eccentric...How did you get my number? I don't remember giving it to you."

"Internet." I hate the Internet.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"......"

"......"

"......"

"I'm not a crazy stalker I swear, I just...really need a favor. Longshadow came to my house a few minutes ago." Oh god. please don't come here.

"Oh...That's probably not good."

"Totes dude. On the real, that chick is super sketch."

".....Ok?" WHAT did he just say.

"So about that favor. Longshadow was snooping around 'cause of all noise from earlier, and I figured I wouldn't be able to practice this week with her scoping me out, so I told her I was gonna be out of town camping."

I cannot understand this. Please start making sense."I see."

"And I kind of told her you were coming with me."

WHAT. "......I see"

"Yeah."

".........."

"Look I'm sorry man, I didn't know what to say. That woman scares the crap out of me. I can't think straight around her....I didn't know what else to say."How do I say no without pissing him off?

".......I've never been camping." I hate the outdoor's, I hate bug's, I hate wolves, I hate raccoon's, and I hate no plumbing. How do I say no without pissing him off?

"Don't worry about it man, I go all the time with my dad. I'll bring all the gear and the know how, you just bring clothes for the week."

"The week?" NOooooo..... 3D printing........ How do I say no without pissing him off?

"Well, six days. since we need to be back to meet the others."

".............................."

"I know it's short notice, but I really really need your help man."

-sigh- "Ok, I'll tell my mom we need a ride to the camp grounds tomorrow, where is it exactly?"

"I'll send you the deets over facebook, but don't worry about getting a ride from your mom. I've got my liscence and the keys to my parents' cars. Just be ready to go tomorrow around tenish. We'll catch some lunch someplace then head up. It's gonna be chilly in the mountains by the way, so dress warm."

".......ok."

"Coolio broham, lates."

"What?" WAIT I DON'T HAVE A FACEBOOK.

-Click-

Keith spent the rest of the night 3D printing things in his workroom until he fell asleep on the couch, the floor covered in casing parts to make various Tasers and a Bow and a re-curve bow with no string.