Heroes in the Making

OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING.

Sig watched the madness unfold as Clara started firing, Germain freaking out, Crys did some weird as shape-shifting, then passed out in a pool of his own blood as Keith ran away. Why is this happening. Sig looked to Alice, hoping to find a beacon of rationality in all of the chaos, only to find her looking as clueless and alarmed as she felt.

Sig tried to calm down, everything was happening too fast. Oh wait. Duh. Sig watched as everything around her slowed down, before blurring as she began to move, taking in her surroundings. Germain's gone, too. I was panicking for too long. Well, first things first. Sig ran over to Crys, being careful as possible not to get blood on her, and checked his pulse and his breathing. He seems okay. Freaky power though. Then, she ran over to the window, picking up the larger shards of glass as quickly and carefully as she could, leaving the ones too small on the floor. Now to catch Keith. Sig ran out of the room, looking through the hallways, then through the door to the front yard, until coming upon Germain and Keith wrestling on the floor. So that's where Germain went. Failing to stop at them, Sig slowed down and skidded to a stop about ten feet away from where the boys were struggling. Damn, my fingers are still vibrating. Trying to ignore them as much as possible, Sig stalked over to Keith and Germain.

"Alright guys, come on let's go back to the- AH GOD!" Sig yelled out as she realized that Germain was bleeding heavily from his nose. Jesus Christ. Sig rushed (Not too fast. Keep it steady.) over to Germain, getting him off of Keith and pulling him into a seated position. Sig turned to Keith, "I know you're really freaked out right now, but we all are, okay? You need to calm the fuck down. Alright?" Startled and a little dazed, Keith plopped down on the floor next to her.

"Now take off your shirt."

"What?! Why?" Keith shrieked, leaning away from her, looking ready to bolt again. Sig sighed, grabbed Keith's arm and pulled him closer to her with one arm while still holding Germain up with the other. "To try and stop the bleeding. If he bleeds for too long, he'll die." Sig said, a little exasperated. "Oh." Keith said, embarrassed, while tugging off his shirt and handing it to her. "Thanks." Sig mopped up some of the blood on Germain's face before getting to his nose to apply pressure. "Now what exactly happened before he started bleeding?" Sig asked. " Um well, I was freaking out, but then he came and he got me and then we- we were on the floor and I was freaking out. And he was- he was- he was saying something, but I wasn't listening, and then he started bleeding-" As Keith pushed through the story he began to hyperventilate.

"Stop." Sig said calmly but loudly. "Take a deep breath. Come on, take a breath with me." Keith followed her instructions, coming down from his freak out.

"Alright, you need to go get Alice. Unless you know first aid."

Last edited by a moderator:
Clara was shocked out of her own self pity but Keith's scream of terror. She dropped like a stone, covering her ears and closing her eyes as if bracing for The Adversary again. When nothing happened, she looked up to hear barking dogs and see Germain talking to Keith. Oh, it's calming him down. I should apologize later... to Keith. I already tried to apologize to Germain and he tried to say that we were in this together. We're not. This isn't some show where we all somehow make up to each other in thirty minutes. I'm not a group person and today proves it. I should leave. I need to leave before I hurt someone else. Clara manifested a gun, and she looked down to realize it was in her hand after she felt herself drift from those thoughts. The gun seemed to scream the path of thoughts she'd been walking down and she quickly threw it across the room.

Thankfully, Sig had vanished and only Alice remained. Clara looked at Alice with scared eyes and dashed from the room as well, bursting into the scene where Sig was saying that Germain needed first aid and he was bleeding from his nose and passed out. Clara rushed in, instinct taking over. "I know some first aid, but I didn't see what happened. Did he hit his head? We can't move him if he did, he might have spinal injuries." Clara asked Sig, looking up at the older girl. "My Dad's a paramedic so he taught me how to deal with stuff like this, but we need to move Keith out of here, he's not helping any. Tell him to find some bandages or a first aid kit."

Bandages wouldn't help, Germain wasn't bleeding from his nose, and -oh god it was a cliche- she wondered if he had overexerted his powers somehow. She sighed and checked his pulse. Steady, a bit fast but steady. It would probably be best if they left him be for now. She'd have to check for brain damage later, but that was easier done when the patient was actually awake and responsive. Clara sat down on the rug next to him, crossing her legs and waiting.

Maybe she'd be a doctor after all. Too bad all she could do for powers was hurt people. Clara summoned a scalpel, dismissed it, then summoned a ball. She made it red, then she made it blue, and practiced 'vanishing' things quickly so they wouldn't ricochet like earlier. She managed to start vanishing the ball before it hit the floor while she waited. She then threw it against the wall and aimed to make it vanish before the second bounce.

Her mind wandered in the meantime. She mostly wished Alice could be here so when Germain woke up he could wake up to a face that hadn't just shot a gun in his house and broke his window. The glass in her sleeve shifted a bit and she made a promise to it, a promise to do better, to think more, to never be as impulsive. She would never allow herself to fall to who she wanted to be, to allow herself to be anything than the robot people expected of her.

"I'm sorry, Germain. I'm not good at dealing with people, but if you insist I'll say. However, I understand if you don't want me around. People don't like me and I'm used to it. I'll blend in like before, I'll vanish and won't cause you any more trouble." Clara whispered, quietly bouncing the ball against the wall. It was a low angle she she had to be quick but not too quick or it wouldn't bounce the first time. "Promise."

Things were going way too fast and way too chaotic for Alice's liking. There was a bang, a ringing in her ears, something hitting her head, then Clara began attacking her out of nowhere. Each slash she made with her summoned sword hit Alice directly in the arm or torso but the brown-haired girl felt no pain. After Clara finally backed off and got yelled at by Germain, Alice inspected her arms. There were no cuts or bruises anywhere. It was as if she wasn't attacked at all. She really was invulnerable.

A screech from Keith broke Alice out of her stupor and she looked up just in time to see shit really hit the fan. Keith ran off, then Germain, then Crys suddenly transformed into.... something she could not find the words to describe. But she did realize that he was the same figure she saw last night and was glad they hadn't brought a complete stranger to this rag-tag... thing of theirs. Once he fell over, Alice immediately rushed to his side, ignoring the blood pooling around him. Apparently Sig had the same idea and took the time to check his pulse. Seeing that the other girl showed no concern on her face, Alice assumed that Crys was still alive. "Hey Sig, could you-" Alice had no time to finish since the taller girl disappeared from her side. In another blink of an eye, she was out of the room. Her power's got to be super speed then. Alice decided to ask the last conscious person in the room for help but when her eyes met Clara's, all she saw was fear in the brunette's eyes before she too ran out of the room.

"Oh c'mon! I'm not mad!" She tried to call out but Clara was long gone. Angrily sighing to herself, Alice turned back to the unconscious Crys and tapped his misshapen face a few times. "Hey there buddy... Wakey-wakey?" He was bleeding from his finger tips which, at the moment, were more like boned claws since the skin had been pulled back all the way. She had to find some bandages to try and stop most of the bleeding until he woke up and reverted back to his normal self. So after giving Crys one more slap in the face, Alice hurried out of the room and back the way she came.

Her destination was the kitchen but she must have taken a wrong turn and ended up at the front door where apparently everyone was now. They were all kneeling around someone...

"Holy shit, what happened now?" Alice called out as she walked over to the group surrounding a bleeding Germain. His stupid sunglasses had finally fallen off his face to reveal a terrible-looking black eye along with a bleeding nose and a small cut above his left eyebrow.

"He just fainted while trying to catch Keith." Sig replied as she motioned her head over to the lanky teen on the verge of another break down. Seeing as that Clara and Sig were getting the bleeding under control, Alice stomped over to the half-naked Keith and forced him too his feet. "Get your shit together and help me find some bandages!" She shouted, hoping to knock some sense into him, "You check the kitchen and I'll check the bathroom but if you find them first, go back to Crys. He's losing more blood from more fatal wounds and we gotta stop the bleeding from his hands. Also, don't freak out when you see him. Just yell for me when you find them and I'll follow you and expect me to do the same if I find them first. Now go!" Keith jumped at that last order and scrambled away while Alice spun to the trio on the floor.

"Most of the bleeding's from his nose?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I can't tell if he's got a cut in there or not." Sig replied, gingerly pulling Keith's shirt off Germain's bleeding face to get a better look.

"If that's the case, lay him to the side so he doesn't choke in his blood. Once we got Crys wrapped, we'll come back and patch up his head wound." Alice stated. She didn't wait for either girl to respond and ran off to find the closest bathroom.

Reactions: BolinBurrito
We're all in this together right now, you need to calm down and help out. People need you. Keith turned and ran the direction Alice indicated, he hadn't seen the Kitchen before but he was pretty sure he could find it. He ran through what was probably a living room based on the comfy sitting chairs and shelves built into the walls and immediately saw his target. Keith ran into the Kitchen and started pulling drawers open looking for towels or cloth of any kind, carefully closing each drawer before moving to the next one. In a drawer close to the sink he found what he was looking for; neat stack's of cloth. He quickly grabbed all 3 stacks into his arm and only dropped 2 in his sprint back to the others, he dropped a pile of cloth by Germains head as he ran by. He stopped dead in reaching Crys.

It looks like a horror movie.

Cry's lanky body was laying in a huge pool of blood under the broken window. His shirt and jacket lay on the floor near him, the blood slowly keeping torwards it. Keith dropped the pile of cloth on the floor out of range of the pool. Not having any direct training in first aid he rolled Crys over onto his back, immedeately seeing his morphed arm. I got a 100 in Anatomy and a 98 in anatomy 2, I can tell if he needs to go to the hospital.... I think. He looked over the rest of Crys. While cleaning the Cry's arm of his own discharge he closely examined the changes in anatomy, The arm had gotten slightly longer, the hand had increased in size by around 30% and had claws like a tiger coming out of the tips of his fingers, the bones in the end of his hand had extended out of the skin in points 2 inches long.

Keith found no bullet holes, no stab wounds, nothing to cause the pool of blood, and nowhere that it was still exiting the boy. So where did it come from? A drawback from his power? Someone elses? That's dangerous. God I hope he did this to himself. The blood had to have come from the arm, there are no visible wounds otherwise. I should take him to where they have Germain.

Keith decided there was nothing else he could learn or do here so he exited the room to go check on Alice.

Oh yea and Germain too.

Germain woke from a hazy darkness to a splitting headache, the taste of copper, and the scent of nerd. He looked up to see Sig cradling him in her arms and pressing Keith's shirt to his face. He reflexively said something smartassed as he sat up rubbing his head.

"Geez Sig, buy me dinner first," Germain quickly scanned the living room. Clara was sitting nearby making diferent colored balls. Alice, Keith, and Crys were nowhere in sight, but he heard footsteps elsewhere in the house. Probably not a good thing. There was a small red spot on the rug where he fell. He checked his face. His nose was still bleeding a bit, so he pinched his nose and tilted his head back. "I'm fine now, thanks for the concern."

Germain got up and headed for the half bath in the front of the house. He looked terrible. The shiner from this morning was plainly visable, there was blood drying from his nose to his chin, and he had a cut above his right eye from when he face planted. That's gonna leave a mark. Hope dad was right about chicks and scars. He quickly washed and dried his face then stuffed tissue up his nostrils to stop the bleeding. As he came out of the bathroom, keith was coming out of the music room shirtless...with blood on his hands.

"What the f-" Germain stopped short as he looked past keith and noticed Crys laid out on the floor. Germain half ran, half walked down the hall to the music room. "What happened?" that question quickly became unnecessary as he came to stand over Crys and saw the claw that was slowly leaking blood into a steadily growing pool. What the hell did that? Germain knelt down next to Crys and looked to Keith "Keith, there's a laundry room down the hall and to the right, can you go get some clean towels and the first aid kid off of the middle shelf?" Germain looked back to Crys, placing one hand under his nose and another at the base of his neck where his collar bones met. Steady breathing, Steady pulse. Not dead. He quickly took his belt off and used it as a tourniquet around Crys's forearm, pulling it as tightly as he could. Gotta apply pressure to the wound...I think, that's how they do it on TV right? Germain noticed Crys's discarded jacket on the floor and snatched it up. He wrapped it tightly around Crys's claw-hand and pressed hard as he waited for Keith to come back. Hopefully the smelling salts in the med kit would actually work like they did on TV.

Crys's eyes shot open as the belt compressed his arm. The pain shot up again, and it took every ounce of his self control not to reflexively raise the arm and accidentally skewer or slash Germain. He waved his unaffected hand at the boy, signalling him to stop. He propped himself up with the normal arm, and focused on the screwed up one. It began to shrink back down and regain it's shape, while he grimaced. After all was said and done, it was normal, and a very nice new flesh pink color. "Sorry... I hadn't expected to pass out or make such a mess. It didn't hurt so much last night... maybe that was the adrenaline. Either way, my power causes me huge amounts of pain, and I sort of passed out. I'm going to have to focus on small things, and, work my way up. This might be too dangerous for me.", he frowned, and looked at the pool of blood. "That didn't happen last night either.", he stated, and stood. "Sorry if that freaked you all out. I feel just fine... but I'm kind of hungry now. Thanks for worrying.", he picked up his shirt and put it back on. The jacket would have to be washed. "But, I think I can probably control everything about my body if I tried hard enough and had some practice. I'm probably the least useful one here for now."

"Right, I think we're all going to need some practice. You might wanna use my laundry room to wash and dry your clothes. You can borrow one of my shirts is you want, but they're probably too short for you." Germain stood and looked down at the bloody floor with a slight frown, then back at Crys. "I'm guessing you can morph your body. It might be on the floor, but that's still your blood. Maybe you should try and absorb it back into your body so you don't keel over later. There's plenty of food and water in the fridge if that doesn't work out though. I'm going to go find Keith and tell him we don't need the med kit anymore."

And then Germain went to do just that.

As Keith Stood up from the bloody pool of the person he just met, he did not see the things around him, he just walked torwards his destination on auto-pilot while his mind wondered once again about things no 15 year old should have to think about.

Shape-shifting, telekinesis, invulnerability.....endless possibilities. I wasn't prepared for any of this, fairy tales and super-villains are real. But now we're in a story. Which one? So what are we a team? forced friends like chronicle? with a secret from everyone but each other. No matter what the story is I have to watch them, make sure none of this goes bad. Why is everyone's power different? Why haven't I manifested powers? Whats to stop anyone from having more than one power? Too many questions to think about.

We need rules.

As he walked around the corner Keith walked into Germain who gave a reasonable reaction to the shirtless boy covered in blood. Germain then ran past Keith to Crys to check if the boy was alive. "Keith, there's a laundry room down the hall and to the right, can you go get some clean towels and the first aid kid off of the middle shelf?" echoed off the walls back to Keith who rushed out the door on a mission.

Down the hall to the right. Keith ran past the first door which led to some sort of Dining room, opened the second which led to a Bedroom, and ran into the third which was the laundry room. Keith then grabbed a Big white box with a red + on it ,covering it in blood, and put it on top of the huge pile of XL luxury towels. Picking up all of this Keith couldn't see where he was going, but it was a simple walk back. "...over later.There's plenty of food and water in the fridge if that doesn't work out though. I'm going to go find Keith and tell him we don't need the med kit anymore." Germain walked around the corner and ran into Keith who could not see him coming, both falling to the ground in a comical fashion. Keith's stomach rumbled loudly.

Germain was under control and things were progressing smoothly along. Or rather as smoothly as six teens with super powers all of whom had just spectacularly failed at using. At least Germain wasn't going to drown in his blood now that he'd been moved -carefully- to his side. Clara had no idea if moving him was a good idea or not still, but she had to agree that small movements wouldn't make it too bad if Germain really did hurt his neck from the fall. She was probably just being paranoid though... Clara forced herself not to stare at the blood and instead went back to bouncing her ball against the wall.

Germain woke up and left to do something else. Probably clean up the blood then check on the others. Clara wanted to follow him but she figured that she was the last face Germain wanted to see right now.

"So, now what? Wanna go out in ski masks and fight crime?" Clara joked, her somewhat sullen and sitter sarcastic tone turning the joke sour. "You can be the Flash and I can be Robin." Clara bounced the ball off the wall a few more times, not bothering to vanish them because she just felt drained. Today wasn't even halfway over and things had gone south.

Clara Focus: 45

Damn this house. Damn it too oblivion. Alice had long given up her search for a first aid kit after she found the third bathroom that looked like it had come out of a magazine. Instead, she grabbed a bunch of towels and tried to make her way back to the first floor. Only, she couldn't find the stairs anywhere. It took her ten minutes to finally retrace her steps back to the staircase and all the way to the main hallway where, surprise surprise, everything had been cleared up. At least that's what Alice could assume since Germain wasn't dying on the ground near Sig and Clara but instead sprawled on the ground with Keith near the doorway of the room where they had were supposed to have their meeting. Glancing inside, Alice saw that Crys was alive as well and back to his original form.

"Well that was a waste of time." Alice mumbled, obviously annoyed as she set the stack of towels she was carrying on a side table and proceeded to pick up the other towels scattered on the ground, probably from when Keith and Germain collided. She also grabbed the first aid kit but decided to keep that at hand just in case someone burst into flames or something. Wait, did anyone have control over fire? She had to back track again and figure out who had what.

"Okay, so I have invulnerability or something like that, you can move things with your mind, Crys can morph his body and Clara can summon stuff?" Alice concluded loud enough to hopefully grab everyone's attention. "That just leaves Sig and Keith. What can you guys do? Maybe on our way to the kitchen? I heard something about food and I realized I hadn't eaten all day."

Germain stood up quickly and reached out a hand saying,"Hey, no layin around we got shit to do."

Keith held up his bloody hands and said,"Thanks but I doubt you want to touch this."

"Rather it on my hands than the floor. We can wash our hands in the bathroom." Germain helped Keith up and pointed him to the bathroom. Germain then went into the laundry room and came to the door of the bathroom with a shirt in each hand as Keith was washing his elbows; He threw a folded dark green T-shirt which flopped against Keith's shoulder and fell to the floor. Germain then left. Not a bad guy I guess.

Once done with removing the gore from his hands Keith was sanitary and the sink was pink. He picked the folded piece of cloth up and looked at the front of it:
HUMO035-2.jpg

Very Nice, school appropriate. Keith sighed and with no other choice but bare his chest he put the offensive shirt on and went to meet the others in the kitchen.

As Keith came into the kitchen, Sig immediately started to laugh. "Nice shirt." She said, leaning on the counter, bringing her hand up to make an "OK" sign. "Excellent taste." The others faintly snickered, while Keith started to panic a little and Germain looked put out. "It's not my shirt! You took my shirt to fix him!" Keith said pointing to Germain. Germain just crossed his arms, sulking and looked away saying, "I thought the shirt was cool."

Sig raised an eyebrow at Germain's attachment to the shirt, then shrugged and turned to the rest of them. "So what were you saying, Alice?" Alice came over and sat on a stool next to the counter across from where Sig sat. "I was saying that everyone but you and Keith has showed off their powers." Alice said while giving Sig a meaningful look. "What gives guys? I thought we were laying it all out?" Alice said while looking between Keith and Sig. Keith started to ramble out an excuse before Sig interrupted him. "Well excuse me for not having time to show off while you got shot in the head, hacked at with a sword, Keith freaking the fuck out and running away, and Mess 1 and 2 over there bleeding all over the place." She finished while thumbing over towards Crys and Germain.

The frankness of what Sig said left them all at a loss for words for a few beats before Sig's stomach growling broke the silence. Everyone slowly turned to look at her, Sig smiling sheepishly. "Haha, yeah, I'm super hungry. Where's your food?" She said looking at Germain, who looked amused. He pointed in the direction of a door to her left. "There's the pantry." Well, it's now or never. Sig dashed to the pantry, glancing around quickly, seeing a family size bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, opening and dashing back to where she had been leaning before. As she started eating, Sig looked up to shocked faces, eating four chips at once, swallowing, before smiling at them.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist."

Germain couldn't help but smile at Sig's impressive ability, but quickly soured when he noticed the intense skid marks her shoes had left on the floor. He pointed at them and said "yeah...I think that's gonna be another 'not in the house' thing"

Sig turned and saw the marks as she shoved more chips into her mouth, then with a shrug and a smile replied "Oops?"

Germain gave her a flat look "Right, there's some 'Mr Clean Magic Erasers' under the sink. I'm gonna get Crys, why don't we all sit down at the table, have some food before it's all gone, and talk about what to do next." Germain walked into the other room to find Crys "Hey, we're gonna have some food in the kitchen if you want to join us. Here's that shirt by the way."

Germain couldn't help but smile as he held out one of his meme shirts to the broodish boy. Sig doesn't know what she's talking about, my shirts are hilarious.

31ae329cd18357491123bc1105b83d3a81a1ab1cffc66e01362cdd3ecc338dd1.jpg

Keith looked at the floor,"I didn't get powers unless its something undetectable yet." He walked over to the knife block and pulled out the pearing knife. He lightly pushed it across his hip drawing blood. He quickly got paper-towels and put them on the 1/2 inch line. As he threw the knife into the sink Keith stated," Well...not invulnerable to damage, And I'm sorry I missed most peoples explination but who saved me last night?"

"What exactly happened to you last night?" asked Sig

Not expecting the question Keith stuttered; suddenly in-front of an audience as 10 eyes stared at him"I...I..I.. The winged woman was diving me after the explosion, and YOU" pointing to Clara "summoned something into my hand. I threw it at her immediately......." he paused for a long time.

"Keith?" Alice questioned

"I missed her, and right before she killed me someone teleported me through the ground to safety. I still want to thank whoever it was." Keith looked up from his shoes to see that even the dogs were standing at the window watching his speech. To end the torture Keith walked over to the fridge and peered inside quickly finding lunch-meat which he pulled out and started making a Ham and Cheese sandwich once he retrieved the bread from the pantry.

"Ok well, any of us have that ability and isnt telling us?" Germain said as he leaned forward in his chair. Everyone looked around, but nobody spoke up. "Maybe Teleportation is your power Keith."

Why haven't I thought of that? Maybe you didn't want to admit your not....Human. "Then why does everyone have free reign over their abilities and I didn't even realize it was me, and haven't been able to use it since?" He looked at his hands and thought about the green ball; and nothing happened.

After several moments of silence only broken by the sound of chips being eaten in fast forward Germain spoke up,"Try holding your breath, My power wont work unless I do that."

Ok well here goes nothing. The fear from stage freight made the situation easy to replicate Keith thought about the green ball forming in his hand.out of nowhere a green marble appeared in Keiths hand, it quickly grew to the size of a softball and stopped. Holy shit, it is me. He held the ball up to his face for a closer inspection; It was opaque and both dark green and black with the colors swirling throughout. He thought of the red pool that appeared below him the night before and a second ball appeared in his hand being shoved out of his hand by the larger ball. Keith tried to catch the red ball but it fell to the floor making a door sized pool or swirling red and black. he quickly stepped out of the pool in a moment of fear and unexpectedness. So when it touches something it makes a doorway. and to confirm his suspicions Keith threw the other ball up onto the ceiling, making another door sized blotch which quickly turned into a scene of Keith looking up at the back of his own head. Just living objects or anything? Keith picked up a towel and dropped it into the portal, and it fell down from the ceiling. Keith then inhaled turning his face back from red, and causing the portals to Disappear.

"Keith, I haven't been able to summon anything that hasn't been in my hands in some way," Clara explained, when he said that she'd summoned something to his hand. "Also what would I make that would allow you to teleport?"

Still, it was worth testing. Maybe later, but could she make things appear outside of her hands? The curiosity was tempting, but she didn't know what would happen and honestly Germain was pissed enough right now and he didn't need a reason to hate her even more. Besides, people -except for Alice of course- had been injured enough today and the last thing she needed was that she had to explain was how she got all banged up from all the zany antics she'd gotten into today.

Still, the woman had been chasing Keith then suddenly left off when he used his powers. Clara was pretty sure she'd never been chased but she'd summoned a weapon beforehand and the woman only halfheartedly chased after Sig. Things weren't adding up about their adversary. Namely that she hadn't even bothered to pursue them when she could have simply tracked them all to their homes and killed the vulnerable ones in their sleep. It would have been easy at the stage, because they all either didn't know or didn't have a handle on their powers yet.

"Guys, about the angel woman from last night... why hasn't she come to finish off the job? I mean, if she wanted to kill us or hurt us then why hasn't she yet? So far all she's done is chase us until we activated our powers. Then she kinda... vanished. I wonder what her real goal is," Clara pondered. "Because so far she's only been taunting us."

Clara Focus: 50

"That's a good idea...", he placed his palm in the pool, and felt himself calling the cells back into his body. The pool receded, and became one with his body again. He felt better, and a tad less hungry now. "I'll join you all to eat. I'm hungry anyway.", he replied. "Still sorry for all the blood. I'll try not to paint the place red next time. I'll definitely mess around with this on my own.", he caught the shirt, and slipped it on. "Cute...", he snorted, and half-smiled out of the presence of everybody else before walking on to the kitchen. "So, meat. I really, really, really want some meat right now. Anybody else feel that way? No, just me? Ok.", he strolled over too the fridge. "This power is gonna cost...", he picked up a package of bologna. "A lot of money...", he sat down with the rest of them, and opened the pack, pulling out slices and trying to eat them as politely as a man without bread who was extremely hungry could be. He ate the slices no problem, and didn't seem to stop. He did have the courtesy not to talk with food in his mouth. "I don't particularly know what's up with the winged chick, but maybe we'll encounter her later, mmm? I don't speak for all of you, but I'm willing to say I definitely wouldn't let that killer live long enough to go to jail.", he said, rather casually. To him, justice was an eye for an eye, and in some cases more than that if the criminal didn't seem like they'd change their ways. Many people probably didn't agree with that, but, that was fine with him. Sometimes there needed to be checks like the police. Some people really did turn around, but that was rare in his experience.

"I definitely wouldn't let that killer live long enough to go to jail."

Things like this were exactly what I had feared. We are teenagers, how is it our decision as to who lives and who dies. We are not gods, we are fools, ignorant of so much to the world, give us a drop of power and we thing it changes everything. Keith voiced something floating through his mind sense the gunshot.

"We need rules. We have to monitor eachother under any circumstances. So we must set rules and hold eachother to them." Keith stated without putting much thought into it, He had no idea where the sudden pair of 9 pound balls came from but right now he would roll with it. "We cannot kill people or we are no better than her, as far as we know we're the only people with powers so we should keep it to ourselves. Don't use your power on another in the group without their willingness. Don't use your power for personal gain or sadistic entertainment." His hand's were shaking in balled fists when he was done with his speech, Keith quickly stuck them below the counter level to hide them from sight. He looked around the room for confirmation or rebuttal.

Alice listened intently to the conversation around her as she grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on the island everyone else was gathered around. She was glad to see that Keith also had a power and wouldn't be the only weird powerless one in the group. She devoured her apple as the group began to question and divulge into the origin of their powers and the existence of the winged woman. Clara made an excellent point about the woman's sudden appearance and disappearance. Why didn't she finish them off? And why did they live when so many perished from that blast?

Alice frowned when she heard Crys wanted to kill him. She herself was on the fence about that issue. On one hand, what she did was unforgivable but on the other hand, who were they to past judgement onto her? They were just a couple of kids. Surprisingly, it was Keith who spoke up on the matter, deciding that rules should be established in order to help maintain control of their powers and the group. "I'm on board with all of those." Alice spoke up when she swallowed her last bite of apple. "But we should also add one more; don't tell anyone else about your powers. I don't know about you but I don't want to be sent to a government facility and studied if word gets out I can't get hurt. You all saw Longshadow. She gives me the creeps, like she knows something's up and wants to dissect us so she can find out our secrets. We should also probably try training our powers. It's obvious we have no control over them or how to properly use them."

Crys had a good point. They should definitely kill her for what she did, because no prison would hold that crazed woman. However, Clara wanted to know her motivations. There had to be a reason for her slaughtering people in such an obvious manner. And why let us go afterward? Clara thought more about the topic then Kieth changed the subject to rules.

Clara had to force down the urge to tell him that it was an important topic and she wanted to hear more about it before she got steamrolled and ignored again. So she smashed down the urge and put on a face that looked mildly irritated and very annoyed.

539_original.gif

"That's nice, Keith. You know, nice for people who don't summon things that can kill people. You know, like me? I can't exactly just summon a giant hammer on a whim to knock out the bad guys. I haven't hit my limit yet but Germain has, and I don't want that to happen to me. So going non-lethal for me is a little tricker. Who says any of us are going to even bother to remember these rules in the heat of the moment? And besides... my powers compared to Germain's are hardly going to be voluntary as to affecting other people." Clara said, shooting Keith her look of death. "Now if we're done being on our high horses, can we please go? I've had enough of people preaching at me all day and I need to get home before my parents do so they don't ask about the blood on my shirt."

Clara folded her arms and looked the part of a disgruntled teen, but inside she was falling apart. These were good points. What if Germain suddenly popped up in front of her when she was using her gun? Or Crys scared her enough that she summoned a knife and stabbed him with it? There was no turning off the powers that she had either. She was already playing with a knife in her hands, having summoned it unconsciously. She stared at it for a moment, as if judging how easy it was for her to kill someone with her powers compared to everyone else.

It was far too easy.
Clara Focus: 45

These people either don't listen or don't understand me. Even alice didn't hear that the second rule stated was the same as hers, they assumed i was being rude about Germain using his on me. Keith looked up from eating his food to see Clara staring at him with a burning rage.
sasuke_glare_gif.gif
EtnaGlare.gif

Locking eyes with the girl for what seemed like an eternity to Keith made him not hungry anymore; and on remembering that this was the girl who quickly attacked Alice his personal safety went through Keith's mind. I need to leave before she kills me. I don't belong in a group, I never have. Keith remembered the many educational and quizzing events he turned down moving forward because he did not want to deal with other people. Keith summoned his baseballs by concentrating and holding his breath. He threw one against the exposed hall in the hallway and lobbed the other onto the fridge next to him, opening the portal to the hallway, "I'll let myself out" he whispered under his breath as he walked through the portal and proceeded down the hallway, releasing the portal and conjuring the balls into his hands again. Why portals? was all he could think as he headed calmly towards the front door. It's awful weird but interesting in its utility however. He threw one of the balls onto the ceiling above the front door, then dropped the other to his feet. Just like dropping out of tree's. He fell from the ceiling to a stop at the front door. The fall was a bit further and more painful than he was expecting, but he recovered quickly as he grabbed the door knob and turned it.