Heroes in the Making

After Keith was directed to the cafeteria, the police came up to Sig. A short, serious cop came up to her, tablet in hand. Oh my god, he's adorable. Wait, no- pay attention!

"Full name please." The police officer said, glancing up at her. "Sigourney Blum." Sig replied, looking down at him. "Were you at the party last night?" He chirped at her, not looking away from the screen as he tapped her name into what looked like a spreadsheet of names and other information, as Sig peeked over at what he was doing, looking away quickly before the cop looked back up at her. "Go to the cafeteria, you'll be called when they want to question you. Next, please." He said, already looking past her.

As she moved toward the cafeteria, Sig looked around, trying to see if she noticed anyone she knew. As she glanced across the hallway, she glimpsed a streak of black above most of the other students standing in line. As she looked closer, she realized that it was Crys. He's okay, I wonder what abilities he has. Sig's mind flashed back to the "creature" she had seen running away. I thought that might have been him, but I'm not sure. Sig looked around, wondering if the cops would care if she didn't go to the cafeteria immediately, then started walking towards Crys.

"Hey, Crys. What's up?" Sig asked as casually as she could. Crys seemed to look up at the sound of his name being called, then upon seeing who had said it, looked back down again. Sig sighed quietly in exasperation, before coming up to stand right next to him. "Come on man, don't give me the cold shoulder. How you been? Rough night?" Sig smirked playfully at him, trying to make him understand that she knew what had happened. Come on man, read between the lines. "Uh, I guess I'm okay...?" Crys replied, looking confused and a little scared. Sig slapped him on the back playfully, "Yeah? I know you were having some aches and pains last night. That's why you left early?" Sig came even closer to Crys, putting her arm around him in a side hug that was way more awkward than it looked to the people standing around them. "Uh..." Crys seemed at a loss for words. "Aww, come on, man, you don't have to be shy around me." Sig laughed, turning her head close to Crys's ear before whispering, "I know what happened. It's okay."

Coming away from his face and seeing him start to freak out, Sig squeezed Crys in another quick side hug before saying, "Hey, I'll catch up with you later man. How about in the parking lot after we get done with this?" Sig eyed him hard. You better say yes. "Uh, sure, I guess." Crys replied. "Alright cool man, see you later." Sig said before walking to cafeteria with her hands in her pockets, nodding at a cop passing her.

Sig walked into the cafeteria, just in time to hear her name get called, looking around and seeing Clara sitting on the floor by herself. I guess the others already got called into questioning. Sig walked over to the police officer who called her name and followed her. They came to the teacher's lounge. The cop led her inside to a table with chairs. Sig sat down.

"Wait here. Agent Longshadow and Detective Kearney will be with you shortly." Agent Longshadow, what a badass name. Sig nodded in response and watched the cop leave. Sig sat still for about five seconds before looking around. Never been in here before, I thought it would be- Is that a vending machine? Sig's stomach growled as she thought about food. Shit, I'm so hungry. Sig quickly dug in her pockets, hoping for the impossible, before... "Aha!" Sig exclaimed, holding a dollar in her hand, before going over to the vending machine and getting a Snickers bar. Sig down again, ripping off the wrapper, and basically stuffing the whole bar in her mouth. Sig moaned, licking her fingers, then, noticing that the wrapper had ended up on the floor, bent down to pick up.

Only to realize as she came back up that the cops were back. Oh shit. As she came up, as slowly as possible (Do NOT go fast. Do not go fast.), Sig came face to face with a large red-haired man. "Um, sorry." Sig said as she tried to hide the wrapper behind her back. Goddammit, stomach! Why have you betrayed me? Of all the times-

"Um, miss? What is that behind your back?" The red-haired man asked her, confused. Sig slowly brought the wrapper from behind her back, showing it to him. "Um, I'm really sorry, it's just I was super hungry, and I had a dollar, and I- I'm sorry." Sig said quickly, before looking down at the ground in embarrassment.

"It's fine." He said, smiling a little, obviously amused by her. "Please, sit down. I'm Detective Kearney and this is Agent Longshadow of the FBI, we want to ask you a few questions about the party last night," the redheaded officer said, setting his files on the table. As he mentioned the other cop, Sig looked up at her. Wow, she lives up to the name. Agent Longshadow nodded at her before going to stand against the wall.

"So, how was the party? Decent food?" Kearney said, staring her down. Wow, more intimidating than I thought at first. "Um, I never got taste any. I was dancing mostly with my friend, before I got a text from my brother, who's sick, asking me to get him some ice cream. I was gonna stay a bit longer before asking my friend for a ride, but she wanted to stay, so I left with Clara and the others." She looked up and saw Agent Longshadow giving Sig a mean staredown. Shit. Sig's eyes widened minutely, before focusing back on Kearney.

"Who was the friend who gave you a ride to the party?" Kearney asked, writing something down in the files. Sig would've tried to peak a bit, but knew that Longshadow was sure to be watching her like a hawk. "Lucy Hamilton." Sig replied, sighing a bit. Kearney wrote that down, then looked back up. "Have you heard from Lucy?" He asked, staring into her eyes.

"Um, no. I texted her to see if she got back alright this morning, but she didn't answer me back. Is she okay?" Sig asked, sounding earnest. Oh god, Lucy. I'm so sorry. Kearney furrowed his eyebrows, before replying, "She's missing." Sig gulped, then looked down, showing some emotion. I wish whatever had saved me, had saved you too, Luce. Sig looked back up, catching the way Longshadow's eyes were narrowed at her. Sig took a deep breath before asking, "So do you guys have anymore questions for me?"

"Don't leave town."

He watched her leave. She knew about what had happened to him, huh? He shuddered a little bit, recalling the moment he realized what had happened. How he had looked down at them and seen himself... The others seemed to have better abilities, from the glimpses he had managed to catch. He didn't want to use his own. He wonder if she pitied him, or really did want to talk. Whatever the case, he'd keep an eye on the other survivors. He didn't know them too well, but if any of them started using their abilities the wrong way, and he found out... he would definitely use his own to put them in their place if he could. For now, he'd assume they were all distraught, and didn't intend to do such things.

An officer called him. He was next in line, and so he obliged, nodding to the officer, and walking in. It was weird being taller than a figure of authority. He didn't want to lie, but the truth wasn't something he could tell. So, he said a half truth. In the line of questioning, he avoided referencing any people in particular, or any powers or strange beings, though he did admit to having seen alcohol when they had asked about drug use. They had his records, and the woman... the Longshadow chick was doing the typical thing cops did. Apply pressure. But he sat there, and didn't crack. All lines of questioning about the events of last night were answered according to the story he had made for last night. The agent seemed suspicious of him, due to his records of violence... but he had explained calmly that all the cases were in the defense of other students, or self defense. He believed in doing the right thing, and the school sometimes didn't do that.... turning a blind eye for certain students, or, being too lenient or harsh with others. He explained his views. The circle of similarly-worded questions and statements continued, and his story didn't change. He had been at the party, and black smoke had come from the direction of the vehicles. At that time, the party-goers had thought it wise to leave, but there had been an explosion. He hadn't stayed, and couldn't call for help due to his phone having been lost at the party. Of course, that opened him up for why he said nothing until now, or why he hadn't informed the police when he had gotten home. He had been too tired, and, expected an investigation in the morning. He asked why the FBI was here so soon specifically, and didn't get an answer. Questioning was over, and so he left. He had expected to be told not to leave town. They were all suspects at the moment.

He walked out of there, and to the parking lot, as he had been asked to do earlier. That girl probably wanted to talk to him.

Last edited:
Germain looked down at his meal with a half frown. I forgot to tell them no mustard. He had gotten the idea to wait for Alice and her friends outside the Wendy's across the street from the school, but the smell from inside had made him hungry. Germain took a bite of his number one with cheese. It was still pretty good but ugh, way too much mustard. He had a booth near the window, giving him full view of the school and parking lot. Germain jumped as Walter's firey apparition materialized in the seat across the table. Ugh, I'm never going to get used to that.

Walt gave Germain one his trademark 'cheeky prick' grins, "Oh I'm sorry, did I scare you?"

"Shut it, you just suprised me is all," replied Germain with a flat look, "Do you want something? Or are you just here to annoy me?"

"Neither, you just seemed kinda lonely is all. You should really try making some friends."

"I had friends, their dead now...I think, god I don't know."

"Well, maybe it's time to make some new ones." Walt motioned with his burned thumb to the parking lot across the street where the kid who's name is apparently Keith was pacing back and forth like a maniac.

"Look, I don't know that guy, plus he looks like he's having an episode. I'm waiting for the class president to come out. AndI'd rather wait till they left the school to approach them, that Longshadow lady gives me the creeps"

"Yeah, but god damn if she ain't sexy though"

"Real classy Walt"

"I try"

After a few minutes Alice came out of the school and walked over to Keith, who was still in the midst of tweaking out. It looked like she was trying to calm him down.

Walt raised a brow as he observed the two through the window, "So is that the girl you're waiting on?"

"Yeah, that's Alice Beckett."

"Wow she's cute"

Yes she is "Eh, she's ok I guess," The brown haired girl from earlier was coming out of the school now, and the blonde girl behind her. It looked like they were still waiting on someone

At that, a devilish grin spread across Walt's burned face, "Oh my god, you kinda like her don't you?"

Germain's heart skipped a beat, "Pssshhh, what? No way man, I said she's just...ok"

"No, dude you like her. You're doing that thing you do where you act all cool and aloof whenever you're crushing on someone"

"Ok, conversation over," Germain flailed his hands at Walt on a hunch, and watched with satisfaction as his stupid face faded into mist. Gotta remember that for later. Alice and company looked like they were still waiting on someone but Germain was getting impatient, and he couldn't stomach anymore of the mustard bomb that apparently passes for a burger now. He got up and walked across the street, making sure to look both ways for renegade tank-jeeps this time, and thought of what to say to them. Hey there fellow meta-human teens, my name's Germain. All my friends are dead and now I see ghosts and move stuff with my mind, small world huh?.......This better not just be going crazy, or I'm gonna go crazy. Germain's pace slowed a bit when he saw that kid who ruined the punch last night approach Alice. Ugh, tall, dark, and douchy. His heart sank when he noticed Agent Longshadow at the at the school's front door, watching the group and writing something down on a notepad. UUUUGGGGHHHH. Germain quickened his pace and tapped on Alice's shoulder.

He ignored the sour look on her face as she realized who he was, "Hi, I'm Germain, I was at the party last night. Weird stuff's going on and I'm sure we have a lot to talk about. So why don't we go do that where Agent Ice Queen and her army of cops aren't around. I suggest my house, It's down the street and my parents are away."

Reactions: Coca-Korra
Alice slightly cringed when Keith mentioned Germain, still not completely over him bringing liquor to the party. Where most of your classmates died. Get your head in the game Alice! She felt sick for putting such a minor matter over a much bigger one and pushed away all thoughts about that tiny incident as she focused back on Keith. She immediately regretted it when she saw his face contorted in a strange, awkward position where his eyes were wide open, his eyebrows as high up as it could possibly go, and a terrifyingly cheerful smile slapped on the bottom part of his face. Luckily, she didn't have to stare at him for too long when Clara soon arrived, asking about their cover stories.

"I mentioned the smoke." Alice stated, turning (gratefully) to the short-haired girl. "But I don't think we should talk about this anymore until we're at least not listening distance of a cop. Let's wait for the others though." Thankfully, the wait wasn't as long as they expected and soon, Sig was walking out of the school building. What was more surprising was that about 10 minutes later, Crys was walking out as well. Alice immediately recognized him from when he tried to help her with monitoring the drinking last night. "Hey! Over here!" She called out, waving her hands to signal the much taller boy towards their group. Before she could say anything else to Crys to convince him to get closer but not attract as much attention as she was now, she heard footsteps behind her and turned around to see a dark-haired teen wearing shades walking towards them. She definitely recognized him, having seen him in the school halls in between classes, but she couldn't figure out his name. The boy's spew of words later revealed he was Germain.

"Okay, slow down. I was telling everyone we have to get out of here but why your place? Why should we trust you?" Alice questioned heatedly. Sure, she was slightly biased towards him but she brought up an excellent point. At least, that's what she thought. She couldn't really think straight thanks to all the anger and paranoia.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH GOD THEY'RE GONNA TAKE ME TO THE TORTURE CHAMBER AND BLOW ME UP TOO!

calm down.

"why your place? Why should we trust you?" How can I trust any of you?!?

WAIT
A SECOND Keith turned to Germain and said the question that popped into his mind, "Yes she has a point, how did you get away from that Winged Bitch?? She was right on your butt when you went into the woods!"

Germain sighed in annoyance. The longer they were standing out there, the more suspicious that FBI woman would probably become, plus his bruised eye was really starting to hurt under his aviators. Wow really? What is this, the obvious question club?

"I got away from The Adversary the same way I assume you did, by running. My house because, like I just said, it's close, my parents are away, and it's not currently filled with cops. You should trust me for the same reason you're apparently trusting them. *point point point* Because I went through the same thing you did and I'm not actively trying to kill or drag you off to a government lab." Germain looked at each of them in turn, expecting more pointless questions. When none came he punctuated his rant with, "Now I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but Ms. Death-Stare is currently scoping us out and furiously writing something in her notebook. Probably not a good sign, so can we please go now?"

Clara looked back to see Agent Longshadow sitting outside the school. When had she moved outside? Clara could almost feel the agent's stare particularly on her. That was when Germain that started to say that it was time to go.

Clara couldn't possibly agree more. "Yes, let's get going to Germain's house because we are all friends here so we've been to each others houses." Clara gritted her teeth to try and make her point hit home. "Because at least four of us went home together in a group." Clara tried to stare them down and forget that her hand the shaking, trembling. "We can talk about what happened later, but I'm not sure about you guys but if we keep talking about this I'm going to be sick."

She wasn't. She was perfectly fine and the only thing she was sick of was the idea that maybe she was every bit terrible as the agent had said she was. If this were a superhero story... Clara wasn't sure if she'd be a superhero or supervillain. Maybe it was only a matter of time until she snapped, it was the classic story, the kid in the back of the class gets bullied and then they snap. They become villains and evil and stop caring about life in general. In the midst of her terrified thoughts a small knife appeared in her hand, just materializing from nowhere. Her hand still trembled but she had something to grip now, it was strangely comfortable to hold in her hand.

It was something to hold on to when her life had gone screaming topsy-turvy. The traits her parents praised were now making her into a crazed villain. Obsession, determination in the face of failure, and so many skills that she could use at any time.

"Please can we go?"

"Please can we go?"

Jesus Christ, this has fucking escalated. Sig swings her arm across Clara's shoulders in a reassuring manner. "Yeah, uh, whoever didn't drive here can get a ride with me. Come on, Crys. Germain, you too, I need directions." Sig started walking to her car, leading Clara along as well. She looked back, "Yo, Alice, you gonna bring Keith?" Alice nodded at her and took Keith by the arm to lead them to her car. As she watched them walk away, Sig wondered what she was going to tell Gunner. She usually told him everything, so now she was at a loss of knowing what to do. As they reached Sig's car, she took her arm off Clara's shoulders and ran up to unlock it.

"Uh, there's no steps or anything like that, so if you need help or something, just ask," Sid said as she opened the door and jumped in. "Germain, you sit next to me." Crys and Germain climbed in fine, but it took Clara a little longer to get situated.

"Alright, man, lead the way."

" You should trust me for the same reason you're apparently trusting them."
Keith stared at his shoes. Even though they came out of the box today, he could see a broken stitch he hadn't noticed earlier.

I don't trust any of you. I don't know any of you. All I do know is that each of you were at the explosion last night but you survived it all. By what? Luck? Skill had absolutely nothing to do with it in any way if their stories were like his. Who teleported me to safety?????? Was it one of them? The winged woman??? Surely not, It may even have been the Gandalf to her Sauron.
Keith began contemplating all the possibilities and unanswerable questions based on last night, his mind running like a Meth-ed out rat on a wheel. Going nowhere, as quickly as possible.

"Yo, Alice, you gonna bring Keith?"
What???? When did I say I was going with them? You have nowhere else to go, the only other option is going by officer Stare-down and calling mom, which may bring suspicion.

You have to go with them.

I guess I have to learn to make friends at some point, at least the ice is broken. Or well blown up and then tossed from over 100 feet would be more accurate.
Before he exited his own thoughts Keith's wrist was encompassed by Velvet strips gently pulling his heart from his chest, goosebumps to his skin, and mostly his body to Alice's car. Though Keith was perfectly capable of following her without being guided around like a child, he didn't mind in the least.

Time to make a friend.

Keith was Terrified.

"Mmh?", he looked in the direction of the waving hand. There they were. The girl who was doing the waving was Alice. She had helped him combat the alcohol problem last night... At least they were on good terms. He couldn't put names to a few of the other faces besides Germain, who didn't seem too terribly pleased that he would be coming along, and Sig, the girl who had asked him to come here. The other two he may have seen, but they left no impressions, good or bad on him. He'd probably get to know the other survivors soon enough. He'd have to if he wanted to keep an eye on them.

"I don't care where we go as long as we have a place to discuss things that isn't being monitored. I might add that our houses aren't exactly such places... We'd definitely be being kept tabs on. As of now, we are probably prime suspects for what went on last night. I didn't reveal the crazy shit that nobody would believe... but I only omitted it. There was an explosion... there was smoke. I can't just lie about that. But I'm not worried about the FBI, or the cops... I'm worried about you all, and the others that may have survived... I think we all know why.", he sighed, and leaned back in the seat. "So, let's head someplace we can be safe from watching eyes."

Germain glanced over his shoulder at Crys, "Riiiiiiiight. You make some good points, but I doubt the cops have the warrants to electronically monitor our homes, at least not yet. So, unless you've got a bunker somewhere......? No? Right then." they were coming up on Germain's family's half-acre plot. The community was one of those 'buy your own plot, design your own house' kinda deals. Germain's home was one of the few houses in the neighborhood that wasn't a gaudy display of wealth and bad taste. "Sig, it's the vine covered wall with the iron gate. Let me out so I can get the gate and pull up to the front door. Don't mind the dogs."

Germain hopped down out of the monster Sig called a car, unlocked the gate, and pushed it open. Sig's tank and Alice's car rolled through and Germain locked the gate before walking up the drive-way to his house. It was a moderately sized two-story home built in the style of a classic French country home. Mom liked it because it reminded her of her childhood home. Dad liked it because he believes that 'there's a quiet dignity in simplicity, and humility', or something like that.
Tripodi_front_01.jpg

The others were getting out of the cars as Germain was walking up. His heart sank when he heard the grass shifting behind him. Damn it, every time. He turned to see the german shepard, husky, and irish wolfhound trying and failing to sneak up on him. Germain whipped around and bolted up the driveway, but not fast enough. The furry trio ran up and glomped him into the lawn before licking him in places he'd rather not be licked.

"NO NO, SABER, BALTO, IRISH! DOWN!" The dogs ignored him and continued to slobber all over his face. UGH Why did mom train them in French?!?! "UH, UH...NON! GARCONS VERS LE BAS! ALLEZ-VOUS EN! NON! UH...ECUREUIL! OBTENIR L'ECUREUIL!" The trio perked up at ecureuil (squirrel) and ran in the direction Germain was pointing. The dogs were smart enough that they would soon figure out they had been tricked, so Germain high-tailed it to the door, unlocked it, and ushered everyone inside while wiping slobber off his face.

The inside of the house mimicked the exterior. Soft, natural colors defined the space, and pictures of relatives adorned the walls. The picture of his parents on their wedding day was crooked, so Germain straightened it before asking the others to follow him to the spacious music room which took up the east side of the house.
Classic-and-Modern-Home-Design-with-French-Style-Home-Decoration-Photo.jpg
pp3.jpg
the_piano_room_by_cedma-d31v997.jpg

Mom and Dad used it to practice, entertain, and teach. Germain had always liked this room, there was something about it that was....stilling, in a good way. It's relative emptiness would protect stuff in the house from getting broken; he was curious to see what changes the others were going through. Ok, gotta be cool, make it smooth G.

Germain stood in the center of the room and said, "So...I can do this now." He held his breath and extended his hand towards the wooden chairs along the wall. One of the chairs shuttered, then slid across the floor towards him. It skidded to a stop in front of him as he exhaled. Germain sat down facing the others, and with a sly smirk said, "and how 'bout y'all?"

Fucking.

Nailed.

It.

As the others conversed over whether or not to trust Germain, Alice glanced over her shoulder to see that the newcomer was right about one thing; Agent Longshadow was watching. She quickly turned her head back around, hoping the agent didn't see her nervous glances, and came back into the conversation just in time to hear that she was taking Keith in her car. Well that's just great. I get to ride with the nervous wreck. She thought as she held back a sigh and grabbed Keith by the arm. "Alright, let's go. The sooner we get out of here the better." She dragged the taller teen (with surprising ease) back to her tiny Crown Vic that used to be some shade of red back in the day. She let go of him once they were close enough and got into her car, starting it up several times before the engine finally revved to life. It was a piece of junk, but it was her piece of junk given to her by her father for her 16th birthday. Sure, it had been owned by a drug dealer and there was a lingering stench she could never wash out of the interior, but at least she could call it her own.

The two sat in silence in the first part of the trip, only because Alice was trying to follow Sig close behind. Luckily, her tank of a car wasn't hard to lose on the street and Alice was soon able to focus on other things; like if Germain was leading them to their deaths. Now that she had gotten a good look at the teen, she could clearly remember who he was. Germain Lafayette the Second (she only remembered his full name because of the 'Second' part), a known class clown who had gotten one too many detentions for her liking. She also remembered he was related to Walter Dubois, a senior on the football team. He was at the party too, right?

Alice stopped her recollections momentarily when she noticed the anxious tension in the air. She glanced over to Keith, who looked like he was about to have a seizure. "Hey, are you okay?" She asked as they drove through the richer part of town. She waited for his response but was soon distracted by the iron-wrought gates of what she assumed was Germain's home. Right, this dick's rich too. She recalled as she glared at the said teen while he moved to lock the gates behind their cars.

She continue to follow Sig down the road and parked behind her once they reached Germain's front doors. As she got out of the car, she saw three huge dogs run up and tackle Germain to the ground. She stifled a smile as he yelled at them in French before he scrambled to the door to let the group inside. The interior of the house was just as impressive as exterior with its plush couches, various pieces of artwork, and rows upon rows of books written in all kinds of languages. The group followed Germain down a hall, only stopping when he fixed a large picture of what Alice assumed was his parents. As the group followed him again, Alice lingered at the picture and looked at the two beautiful people. They seemed rather lovely and Alice wondered how they could birth such an asshole. Glancing around, Alice decided to extract some revenge and moved the frame off to one side, making it crooked again. She mentally cackled and rushed to get back with the rest of the group as they walked through a pair of double doors into a spacious room. Germain walked away from the group to face them and made a good show of his powers. Alice's eyes widened at the stunt but quickly replaced it with an apathetic glance a second later. She was not going to give him the satisfaction of seeing her impressed. "Well, I can survive a really long fall. Don't know what to make of that though." She stated.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Germain asked, leaning forward in interest. He didn't hear anything about a fall but he did remember seeing a small crater inside the larger one back when he was being interviewed.

"Oh, right. You weren't there. That winged chick-"

"The Adversary." Germain corrected.

"Right, the Adver- Wait. How would you know that?" Alice gave him the stink eye, still very distrustful of the shades-wearing teen.

"That's what she called herself right before she tried to cut my head off."

"Uh huh..." She didn't want to believe him completely (for legitimate reasons of course) but Germain wouldn't have been okay with losing Walter if he was working with the Adversary. She decided to put her dislike for the boy in the backburner for now and continued with her tale. "Well anyways, the Adversary grabbed me by the neck and flew me all the way up into the sky. Then she dropped me. I thought I was going to die but here I am without a scratch on me."

"Did it hurt at all?"

"Um.... no, actually." Alice tried to remember the pain of her body hitting the hard ground at such a fast speed but she couldn't recall anything like that. She had felt no pain at all.

"So that means you're invulnerable or something, right?"

As she let go of his arm Keith was pulled back into reality, he was staring at a very nice looking candy red BMW 3 series. How fitting; small and cute. Alice walked over and unlocked the Crown Victoria parked next to the BMW, Keith tried to decide what the color of the car was before Rust became the primary coating. as she got into the car she didn't even glance at him, so she didn't see the moment where Keith tried to decide to run or not.

If you leave now, 95% of your questions will never get answered.

Curiosity was the force that moved his arm to touch the barely functioning handle, It was what made him sit in the rust covered deathtrap. Keith set as little of his butt as was required to sit in the seat, placing his limbs as closely together as possible trying to touch as possible. He listened to the car try to come to life as Alice turned the key. As Keith was going to suggest just riding with Sigourney; the car rolled over with more of a meow than a roar. "7th times the charm" barely came out of Keith's mouth, the words were more whispered than said as the fear of the situation hit Keith as hard as it had the previous night.

Ask her more about last night. NO, she might not want to talk about that. School, that's a good topic. Schools over idiot. What was it like being class President....... Keith's mind rushed to try and find something to fill the space currently filled by silence. He failed hard.

"Hey, Are you ok?" came from his left. How do I even answer that? Oh no big deal I'm just freaking out because your so hot, I have to try and make friends with these people while trying to figure out if any of them were behind last night, while trying not to die from any aftershocks from last night. Also your car is gross and old.

Keith was then distracted when he realized he was in his own neighborhood, I must have streaked past Germain's house last night to get to my own.

Keith was wishing he could make it through life without ever getting naked again as they pulled through the gates into what must have been Germain's home. Keith got out of the car as quickly as possible, Yet again not having any clue what to do. Germain pointed and Yelled Squirrel in french, Keith saw no such animal anywhere in the yard, once he gave up Keith just followed the other kids into the house.

He had taken so long looking for the fabled squirrel that he couldn't see the other's but was being guided through the manor by the sound of them talking. Walking past a crooked picture of a interracial couple probably the owners of the house Keith straightened the picture and walked into the room everyone was in. "Did it hurt at all?" Germain said to Alice as Keith walked in, What when she fell from heaven?

"Um.... no, actually."

"So that means you're invulnerable or something, right?" That would explain the fall, but it must be tested to be confirmed. and before he knew it the words, "You have to try and harm yourself to be sure." came out.

Reactions: Taco Mako
Clara wasn't sure what to make of the arm that suddenly swung across her shoulder and led her to the car which was tricky, but Clara was just tall enough to climb in without much help. However it took long enough that everyone else was sitting ready to go by the time Clara had her seatbelt clicked in. However they were moving quickly and Germain gave directions quickly and Crys was next to Clara as they traveled, but Clara was staring out the window. She was watching the neighborhood go by, but it wasn't anywhere she was familiar with. Just a blur of buildings and fancy cars.

That was when they pulled up to Germain's house. She didn't know what she was expecting, but her home could fit inside Germain's about two times. Maybe more, but she wasn't absolutely sure yet, the house may go back more than Clara thought it did, Clara didn't know. Clara started to get out of the car when she heard french being spouted loudly from Germain. With a quick shout of l'ecureuil, the dogs dispersed and Clara followed Germain's lead to get inside quickly before the dogs regrouped.

The inside was just as intimidating as the outside, it was huge and books were fillign so many bookshelves and Clara wondered if nothing had happened at the party would she have ever seen a sight like this? To Germain it was commonplace but to Clara it was amazing, soon they moved to an even bigger room that was mostly empty except for a few chairs lining the wall. Clearly Germain meant it to be a place to show off their powers without damaging anything. Wouldn't it have been better to go outside?

Alice and Germain talked about the Adversary and Clara watched them bicker for a moment. "I heard her say that she wanted to be our adversary but I don't think she wanted to be called The Adversary. Also, it seems like a lot of-"

Kieth butted in by asking if she was invulnerable and that they needed to test it. Clara, mildly irrtated was happy to take him up on the idea. With a bit of focus -more than the daggers that she kept summoning for some reason- she managed to make a Glock, and she didn't bother to check if it was loaded before firing it at Alice, aiming for the other girl's head. Clara had some rudimentary memory of how to fire a gun properly, and she knew she'd have to brush up on that later.

After she fired it the gun fell apart in her hands, clattering to the floor for a second before disappearing. Clara summoned a sword and swung it a few times at Alice to show off a little before allowing it to vanish as well.

"I can do that... summon weapons apparently. Not as cool but uh... yeah."

Germain's eyes widened at the sight of the pistol in Clara's hand. What the hell?!? Why does she have that?!? The girl raised the gun to the back of Alice's head, who was standing right in front of him.

Germain threw himself to the side, out of the line of fire, "CLARA DON'T-"

BLAM

A persistent, piercing whine shot through Germain's head, muffling the sounds around him. He was vaguely aware of the sound of breaking glass and metal banging against...Alice? Clara had pulled a sword from...somewhere...and she was going to town on Alice. Alice was getting knocked around a bit, but the sword was just bouncing off and she didn't seem to be in pain, mostly she just looked shocked/annoyed/pissed-off. Germain stood up slowly, rubbing his temples as the ringing in his ears faded. He looked behind him to see the curtains blowing gently in the wind from a broken window. How did that happen? Ricochet? Thankfully dad's piano hadn't been hit. Germain turned back to see the sword clatter on the ground before vanishing, apparently Clara was done with her freak out.

"I can do that... summon weapons apparently. Not as cool but uh... yeah."

The initial shock of Clara firing a gun in his house was subsiding, only to be replaced by the fiery mix of rage and disbelief at Clara firing a FUCKING GUN IN HIS HOUSE. Germain glared at Clara, seething, jaw-clenched, taking deep breaths in an attempt to contain his anger and not freak out on her.

RageFace.png

It didn't work, "CLARA. WHAT. THE. FUCK. This is my HOUSE! I admit your power is cool, but why would you fire a FUCKING GUN IN MY HOUSE?!?!" He pointed behind him at the broken window, "The bullet ricocheted Clara! What if had hit one of US?! One of my neighbors probably heard that, what if the cops show up?!?! You know we're under investigation Clara!!! What the HELL were you thinking?!?.........And who's gonna fix my fucking window?!?!"

"Call it impulse," Clara calmly explained, "I wanted to use a weapon and a gun came to mind." She looked at the window. "I had thought that the bullet would vanish after hitting it's intended target, and admittedly I should have chosen a quieter weapon. However, be glad that nothing else was damaged as calculated. The window was the easiest to repair by far in this room. And what about you? What if you called attention by floating items in the house? Now, will you please calm down before your yelling attracts more attention. If anything, I'm probably the one that Longshadow is targeting in terms of arrests and threats." Clara said turning to the window. Her back was facing Germain as she picked up glass shards and studied them.

"Besides, the noise was not the desired outcome. I had planned to use a silencer, but I was... angry and did not think. I will pay for the window, how much do I owe you?" Clara placed all but one glass shard back where she had picked them up from. "If Longshadow asks you can blame me as much as you desire. You can even make it sound like I held you at gunpoint if you so wish. I do not care. What I care about right now is that the gun fell to pieces while the bullet did not. It by all counts should have dissipated when it hit Alice."

No wonder no one here likes you, Ice Queen. Clara thought to herself, sliding the glass shard into her hoodie sleeve. While her back was to the group she could hide her expression of fear and not understanding. She was careful then she was not. She was too impulsive, she almost hurt Alice, almost hurt the others. For what? So she could be heard again? What a pathetic excuse.

It was all she could do to not end up crying in front of Germain.
9014445_orig.gif

"Clara, the whole point of coming here is that it's just us, inside a building which, once again is where I live, where no one can see or here us. But that doesn't work if someone's blowing out the windows with gunfire, now does it? And you may not have realized this, but we're all in this together. We're pretty much the only survivors Clara, and if the cops havn't figured that out by now they will soon. Drawing suspicion to yourself draws suspicion to all of us."

Germain glared into the back of Clara's head. She had moved to the broken window and was picking up the glass. She was...shaking a bit. Ugh, this is going nowhere.....I need to calm down.

Germain turned away from the girl and walked past the others, "I need a minute, somebody tell me who can do what."

I need a fucking cookie or something.

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Of course this was a trap, why wouldn't it have been a trap. Why did I have to say that, she shot her and I'm next. Keith ran out of the room as Clara summoned the sword, not even seeing the lack of brain on the walls, just the reaction from Alice's body and the sound of glass shattering. Where did that gun and sword even come from!?!

His heart was racing as he ran out of the room not even recognizing his own scream of terror.

WHICH WAY DID I COME IN!?!?! RIGHT His sneakers squeaked on the polished wood as he turned the corner almost running into the opposing wall. Another right I think as Keith approached the end of the hallway. OH GOD OH GOD What if there are people outside waiting, no that cant be it wasn't her plan to get us HERE just to get us somewhere private, The sound of a group of Barking dogs brought more terror into Keith who heard yelling from the room behind him. he looked up and noticed the picture he straightened, and bolted for the front door.

They had to be the worst people to pick for having powers. They weren't but a few minutes inside when one of the girls... Clara, opened fire with her power to test Alice's invincibility. Luckily, she wasn't hurt, but the ricocheting bullet could have broken something. Scratch that. Upon further investigation, she had managed to break a window. After Germain's reasonable rant, and the flighty boy doing just that... fleeing, he spoke. "What if Alice really wasn't invincible? You aimed for her head. I don't exactly know what to say to you right now besides, you're lucky she was right.", he gave the girl a cold glare. One of the things he was good at. Germain left him in the room with the girls.

"Hmmm... I guess now is as good a time as any to demonstrate mine...", he removed his jacket and shirt. He didn't want to ruin them unnecessarily. "I think Sig knows already, but, It's hard to simply describe.", he said, and took a deep breath. "I'm not sure if I can exactly force it or control it or anything...", he sighed, and placed his left hand on his right forearm, and focused, clenching his right hand. The hand grew, and he made a pained face as the bones popped and crunched, then came out of the skin. Blood poured, and his eyes grew wide. He grit his teeth, but it looked like an insane grin... He hadn't felt so much pain in the first transformation... maybe it was the adrenaline. Skin split and healed as it had before, creating webs of cracks and scars. It went up his arm, until it reached his shoulder. The end was the claw he had made before, and blood steadily poured out, and off the tips of the exposed bone "Claws". The pool of blood was enough to make one think someone had actually died. He hissed out air, and tried to make it recede. Instead he passed out. The arm remained. He'd have to fix it when he woke up.

As Germain was leaving the room, he noticed a distinct lack of Keith. That's...weird. He walked down the hall back towards the living room.

"Uh...Keith? Where are you buddy?" Germain quickened his pace as he came down the hall. He came to the living room and saw that the front door was open and.....the dogs were barking. Shit. Germain ran to the threshold to see Keith freaking the fuck out. He was trying to get away from the house, but Saber had locked onto his shirt and was trying to pull him to the ground. Balto and Irish were coming at them from the west side of the lawn and Keith was sapzzing out trying to get free, which only appeared to be aggravating Saber further. Fucking shit balls I need to get him before the dogs hurt him or the neighbors see. Germain locked his eyes on Keith and extended a shaky hand. He had never moved a person before, but it was now or never.

Germain took a deep breath and held it. At first only Keith's clothes seemed to be effected, but then suddenly Keith was lifted into the air, still tethered to the ground by Saber's death grip on his sleeve. Ok good, now come.....HERE. Germain made a yanking motion and Keith flew up the driveway towards him. Shit, I really should have thought this through. The skinny teen packed a surprising wallop as he slammed into Germain's arms, knocking both of them back onto a couch which abruptly tipped over and spilled them onto the rug. Germain pushed himself up to his knees. His chest was hurting like crazy and his Aviators had been knocked off, revealing his shiner. Ouch, less force next time for sure. Germain waved his hand at the entrance. The small side table and some of the pictures on the wall fell down, but he got the door shut before the dogs got inside.

Germain grabbed Keith by the arm try try lift him up, "Keith, dude you really gotta-"

"NOOOOO I DON'T WAN'T TO DIE!!!!," Keith caught Germain off-guard and shoved him off onto his backside. The boy scrambled to get away but Germain rolled up and dived on him, pinning him to the ground. Years of break-dancing had given him a surprising amount of strength which he was very proud of. The mathlete wasn't going anywhere.

"Ok, look. Keith. Buddy. Breath. Breath and listen to me very carefully. First off, I'm your friend okay? I'm not gonna hurt you. Second, I know you're freaking out about Clara, but remember she's in the same boat as us. She's not trying to trap you, I think she's just....weird. Third, It's really not a good idea to run around screaming bloody murder in a locked enclosure with guard do-" Something on Keith's shirt caught Germain's attention. It looked like...blood. Shit. Had saber bit him? Wait no, there's more dripping, it's..coming from me. Germain put a hand to his face, it came away red. Blood was flowing out of his nose. He was starting to feel dizzy. He felt a shooting pain between his ears that made him wince. What's happening to me?

"Why does my....head...hurt" The ground was rushing up to meet him. Germain tried to aim away from Keith and ended up face-planting onto the rug next to him. It didn't even hurt, he felt like he was on a cloud, and his vision swirled down a vortex of darkness as he slipped into blissful unconsciousness.