Heroes in the Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lxngdon

Original poster

• [bg=#2b292a][/bg][bg=#2b292a]
    For as long as human history has been recorded, special people have possessed extraordinary gifts. In ancient times, these powers were considered the blessings of the gods, and those people were treated like such. However, in the modern world, peculiar abilities are considered taboo, witchcraft, monstrous.
    ---
    When teenagers wake up in the Vargan Institute, they are told that they are here to be trained to control their powers and hopefully save the world. The first part is true -- the patients at Vargan are given assistance to control their abilities, until they are considered experts. Then, they are taken to an operation room and never seen again.
    ---
    A group of three rebels have uncovered the conspiracy behind Vargan; the doctors there are experimenting on their patients to try and find out what makes these kids special. They want to give the information too IOGP, an organisation who want to create an army of gifted humans to achieve world domination. The rebels of Vargan take in the newest influx of recruits and, with the help of these teenagers, they escape, with the intent of bringing IOGP down.
    [/bg]

• [bg=#2b292a]
    The Vargan Institute is a large stone building with individual hotel-like rooms for each patient. The patients all stay on the third floor of the building; the second floor is used for classrooms, and the first is for extra activities. The fourth floor is off-limits to patients.
    --
    Vargan encourages the participation of older patients; older patients, who are almost fully trained, to help train the younger kids. This is to see how these patients would function as military leaders. Our rebels will be at this level.
    [/bg]

• [bg=#2b292a]
    Will be added later
    [/bg]

• [bg=#2b292a]
    ~
    THE REBELS
    ~
    A group of characters who have been in the institute for a while. They lead the rebellion, the escape and have better control over their powers than the newbies, because they have been trained with them.
    ~
    1. Zoe Moressey | played by @lxngdon
    2. ___ reserved by @Akashi
    3. ___ reserved by @Shayla
    4. Kaitlyn Watson | played by @TerribleName
    ~
    THE NEWBIES
    These characters came into the Vargan Institute in the newest wave of recruits. They have less control over their powers as they have been in the institute for less time.
    ~
    1 Archer Briar | played by @Mysty
    2. ___ reserved by @Justinaholic
    3.Jason Abernathy | played by @Lurcolm
    4. Junmi Park | played by @MaryGoldRound
    5. Kara Constantine reserved by @T'Sero
    6. Emmett Beavers reserved by @Brea
    7. played by @DANAsaur
    [/bg]

• [bg=#2b292a]
    [realistic image]
    [theme song]
    NAME
    PRONUNCIATION
    NICKNAME/S
    BIRTHPLACE
    ETHNICITY
    SEXUALITY
    POWER (describe, in detail)
    HAIR
    EYES
    SKIN
    HEIGHT
    WEIGHT
    DRESS
    TATTOOS
    PIERCINGS
    SCARS
    PERSONALITY
    HOBBIES
    HABITS
    TALENTS
    FEAR
    INSECURITIES
    FAMILY
    FRIENDS
    HISTORY (OPTIONAL)
    OTHER INFORMATION
    [/bg]

• [bg=#2b292a]
    1. Please use the character sheet I provide.

2. A limit of one character per person.

3. Use only realistic face claims. No drawings, no anime.

4. Respect one another OOC.

5. Romance is encouraged but try to have some other relationships as well.

6. Put "we could be heroes" in a bright colour at the bottom of your CS to prove you have read the rules.

7. If I approve your character, I will rate your CS with "You Get A Cookie." Do not post in the IC until then.
    8. No godmodding. Make sure your character has flaws as well.

9. I am the GM, so I reserve the right to reject your CS or ask you to change something about it.

10. Do not maim someone else's character without asking them beforehand.

11. Absolutely no sex scenes. Take that to PMs, and for the love of God, don't do that with someone outside of your age group.

12. Have fun![/bg]
[bg=#2b292a][/bg][/tab][/user]​

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found the rp theme song XD

And I have this cs and Prince cs to do later tonight^^.

Reactions: Brea
I plan on working a bit in mine , torn on my FC's right now...

Will work on my CS as soon as my laptop is fixed. It seems everything I touched gets destroyed. First my ipad, now my laptop. I just wish my phone won't explode T_T

This cs and a few other rp cses are Priority Number one tomorrow. Got into working on ic posts today and legit forgot about cses, I apologize but tomorrow character will be up.

Reactions: lxngdon
My character is halfway done. I just gotta fill in all his personality stuff and write up a backstory. I'm trying to finish him asap.

[bg=#dcdcdc][/bg]
[bg=#dcdcdc]

BASICS

.:Name:.
Celestia Lee

.:Pronunciation:
Se-les-cha Li

.:Nickname/s:.
Celes

.:Age:.

.:Birthdate:.
December 14

:Birthplace:.
Seoul, Korea

:Ethnicity:.
Korean

:Sexuality:.
Heterosexual

.:Power:.
Crystal Manipulation
can create, shape and manipulate crystals and crystalline materials: homogenous solids formed by a repeating, three-dimensional pattern of atoms, ions, or molecules and having fixed distances between constituent parts.

Crystallization
can transform matter and objects, including living beings, into crystal

Crystallokinetic Combat
fights using a combination of impaling crystals, walls for defense, and tricking the opponent into finding a flaw only to find it is a trap.

PHYSICAL
.:Hair:.
long black hair

.:Eyes:.
hazel brown

.:Skin:.
fair

.:Height:.
5'3 ft

.:Weight:.
123 lbs.

.:Dress:.
Her fashion style is preppy glam. She likes to wear dresses, skirts, anything that's kind of nerdy but at the same time, chic.

.:Tattoos:.
none

.:Piercings:.
none

.:Scars:.
none

MENTAL

Personality
Celes is elegant, proud, beautiful, hot-headed, stubborn, and can be cold to those she is unfamiliar with. However, underneath that cold, unfriendly facade, is an honorable, faithful, and loyal person who would do just about anything for a friend. Initially, she treats others with (mostly) disdain, but eventually warms up to them and even calls them by their name.

Celes has a fear of disappointment and rejection, and will do whatever it takes to keep her friends safe. She dislikes relying on others.

.:Likes:.
winter - gardens - noodles - flowers - shiny things

.:Dislikes:.
rejection - betrayal - disappointment - rain - spicy food

.:Hobbies:.
baking - singing - dancing - reading

.:Talents:.
singing - dancing

.:Fear:.
rejection - betrayal

.:Insecurities:.
being too cold to others

RELATIONS

Family
Kim Park - father
Yuri Lee - Mother

Friends
!!!!!OPEN!!!!

WE COULD BE HEROES
[/bg]
[bg=#dcdcdc][/bg]
[bg=#dcdcdc][/bg]

Last edited:

• .:Name:.
    Celestia Lee

• .:Pronunciation:.
    Se-les-cha Li

Celes

December 14

Seoul, Korea

Korean

Heterosexual

Crystal Manipulation
    can create, shape and manipulate crystals and crystalline materials: homogenous solids formed by a repeating, three-dimensional pattern of atoms, ions, or molecules and having fixed distances between constituent parts.

Crystallization

Crystallokinetic Combat
    fights using a combination of impaling crystals, walls for defense, and tricking the opponent into finding a flaw only to find it is a trap.

• .:Eyes:.
    hazel brown

fair

5'3 ft

123 lbs.

Her fashion style is preppy glam. She likes to wear dresses, skirts, anything that's kind of nerdy but at the same time, chic.

none

none

none

• Celes has a fear of disappointment and rejection, and will do whatever it takes to keep her friends safe. She dislikes relying on others.

singing - dancing

rejection - betrayal

being too cold to others

• Friend

Can't read any of that the background and pink messes it all up XD Dana.

• .:Name:.
    Celestia Lee

• .:Pronunciation:.
    Se-les-cha Li

Celes

December 14

Seoul, Korea

Korean

Heterosexual

Crystal Manipulation

Crystallization

Crystallokinetic Combat

• .:Eyes:.
    hazel brown

fair

5'3 ft

123 lbs.

none

none

none

• Celes has a fear of disappointment and rejection, and will do whatever it takes to keep her friends safe. She dislikes relying on others.

singing - dancing

rejection - betrayal

being too cold to others

• Friend

I hate to break it to you, but I can't read shit. Maybe change the font of the text

Sorry. I'm still in the process of editing it when I accidentally posted it soooo please do forgive me. The codes kept messing up >_<
Sorry myself. I reacted a bit too much like a dick.

Sorry. I'm still in the process of editing it when I accidentally posted it soooo please do forgive me. The codes kept messing up >_<
Oh BB Codes... a love and hate relationship XD took me weeks to actually learn how to whip them into shape XD.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brea
Finally, I finished my character sheet! Gosh, it took so long because for some absurd reason the codes kept doubling! I already had the character finished way before. In the end, I had to do it a different way. But it all worked out. She'd a the bottom of page two!

@DANAsaur You used Park Shin Hye!!! :D Beautiful FC

Last edited:
I really just have to type up a bio for Emmett and then he'll be finished. I'll have him posted tonight after I get home from work.

Sorry for being slack, guys. All finished characters have been accepted

Reactions: T'Sero

[bg=#a8a8a8]

"You don't know me... You don't know my life."
[/bg]

• tumblr_mztodvWvWR1szgl13o3_250.gif
    tumblr_n04pg1rBhu1szgl13o6_250.gif
    tumblr_mztodvWvWR1szgl13o2_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

NAME:
    "It's nice to meet you!"
    . Emmett Cole Beavers .

PRONUNCIATION:
    "I've never really had to sound it out for someone before."
    . "Em-Iht" .

NICKNAME/S:
    "Basically all the same nicknames a "Emma" would have."
    . Em, Emmy .

"I'm finally an adult, but I don't have the freedom of one."
    . 17 .

BIRTHDATE:
    "Libra in the house!"
    . October 17th .

BIRTHPLACE:
    "Everyone complains about Florida, but I love it."
    . Orlando Florida, USA .

ETHNICITY:
    "My mom is Polish, but I'm mostly just black."
    . African American .

SEXUALITY:
    "While I can recognize when another dude is attractive, I do prefer girls."
    . Heterosexual .

[/bg]

• tumblr_mznlmtaUDQ1szgl13o1_250.gif
    tumblr_n04pg1rBhu1szgl13o2_250.gif
    tumblr_mznlmtaUDQ1szgl13o3_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Elemental Cloning
    Overview
    latest
    Emmett essentially has the ability to make clones of himself using the elements around him. Each clone looks exactly like he does, and has the same skills as him. While they look and act as if they are alive, they are not really, and thus feel no emotions or have a sense of touch. The clones seem to have a mind of their own, and he cannot really "control" them like he might want to. However, they usually have very similar mindsets as the one he has when he creates them, and so they commonly accept his own objective as their own.
    Limitations
    Gaara-4.gif
    Currently, Emmett is only able to make clones of himself out of nonliving things, and the material must also be tangible. This means he cannot create a clone of himself out of plants, but he can dirt. He cannot create clones of himself out of air, but he can out of water. Also, he must be touching the material he wants to make a clone out of with his skin, on any part of his body. The more skin touching the material the faster he can create the clone. Technically he can make a clone out of fire, but because he must touch the flame in order to create a clone of himself he will have to burn himself to do so. In order to deactivate the clone, he must simply touch them with his skin and they will fall into a pile of their original form.
    Weaknesses
    tumblr_mdw80uqzwr1rdtb6xo1_500.gif
    This ability can take time to use, because he must hold contact with the material he is making his clone of until the clone is fully created, or else it will disintegrate. He can only use abiotic components, and the capabilities of the clone depends on the type of material they are created out of. For example, a clone made of liquid will move quicker and will be much harder to kill, but won't pack that hard of a punch. A clone made of rock would be much more durable, but a lot slower. In addition to this, there must be enough material for him to create a full sized clone, or else he cannot make on at all. So, if he only has a water bottle full of water, he cannot create a water clone because there is not enough to create a full sized version of himself. Also, his clones are created with the same skill set as him. This means they will fight just as well as him, they will be just as smart as him, and will essentially have the same strengths and weaknesses. Lastly, without this ability Emmett is pretty much human. He can be killed or harmed just as easily as any mortal.

[/bg]

• tumblr_inline_mvk07lvCMW1sq3lh0.gif
    tumblr_mu7a85KMr81rz1x6uo2_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_mvk0y8JJsn1sq3lh0.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
    FC: Jacob Artist

HAIR:
    "I was once told it's impossible to have black hair... but what do you call this?"
    . Black, thick, kept short, slightly curly .

EYES:
    "They look black unless I'm in the sun."
    . Dark Brown .

SKIN:
    "what part of 'African American' did you not understand?"
    . Brown .

HEIGHT:
    "Being tall has it's perks."
    . 6'2'' .

WEIGHT:
    "To be honest, I don't pay much attention to this."
    . 141 lbs .

DRESS:
    "Just whatever I find laying around."
    . Emmett dresses very causally. He always wears sneakers, usually Nike's and jeans. He can often be seen wearing sweatpants as well. He either wears a hoodie, swearer, or a t-shirt with a jacket .

TATTOOS:
    "I did get one for my sixteenth birthday."
    [spoili]
    f404933bafa9e979230a2cca64156795.jpg
    [/spoili] .

PIERCINGS:
    "No, thanks."
    . N/A .

SCARS:
    "I once burned myself leaning against a hot motorcycle."
    . Fist-sized burn scar on the back of his calf .

[/bg]

• tumblr_maclhtLbpT1qbaklro7_250.gif
    tumblr_mad24fPkhb1rwms1e.gif
    tumblr_maclhtLbpT1qbaklro8_250.gif
    tumblr_maclhtLbpT1qbaklro3_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

PERSONALITY:
    "I mean, I think I'm nice."
    . Emmett is slightly closed off, as he finds trouble revealing things about himself to other people. While he doesn't share much about himself, he does notice small things about other people. He takes pride in being observant, and as a result is very detail orientated. He's a bit of perfectionist, especially when it comes to a job he is doing for someone else. Emmett is very friendly and nice, and has never had any trouble making new friends. He likes to be useful, but this doesn't not mean he is overly-helpful. Usually he'll only help those who are important to him. Emmett is selective of the people he allows to get close, and often times becomes very protective of them. Strong headed and disciplined, he's a good person to ask for advice. He has good manners and is very trustworthy. However, he is not very trusting himself, for he believes all trust should be earned. Emmett is not a push over and not easily manipulated. While he is not a natural born leader, he can take on the role if need be. Lastly, because he is patient it is hard to make him angry, but once he is Emmett becomes very violent and unpredictable . When he is not raging mad, however, he tends to be more passive-aggressive .

. Hugs, Art, Summer Time, Long Showers, Deodorant, Dogs, Hiking and Pasta .

DISLIKES:
    "I'm just not photogenic."
    . Taking Pictures, Traveling, Strong Perfume, Birds, Ice Cream Cake, Candles and Sandals .

HOBBIES:
    "I've been dancing since I could walk."
    . Hiking, Dancing, Drama Club and Fishing.

HABITS:
    "I'm drawing a blank here, sorry!"
    . When Emmett is happy or excited, he always does a goofy dance, usually turning around in a circle as he does so. He is often caught talking to himself, sometimes he even tells himself he's talking to himself and then proceeds to explain to himself how that's weird and he should stop. He doesn't like silence, which is partially why he talks to himself, so when he can't talk he'll make small noises: Clicking his tongue, tapping his pencil, ect. Lastly, when he is irritated he will rub the side of his neck with one of his hands .

TALENTS:
    "Okay, I admit it. I can play a Ukulele."
    . Thanks to lessons at a young age, Emmett knows how to play the ukulele. He's also very good at dancing, and although he usually doesn't show it off he can rap pretty well. Emmett can also commit things to memory rather easily, including names, street addresses, and ingredients .

FEARS:
    "Id on't think we should let our fear be such a big part of who we are."
    . Emmett has always had a fear of heights, as well as a fear of flying. He's also afraid of clowns and most sea creatures... they just freak him out .

INSECURITIES:
    "I mean, no one is confident all the time, right?"
    . Emmett sometimes thinks no one takes him seriously, because of his easy going personality. He thinks his lips are too pink for his skin tone. He also doesn't really like his eyebrows, but that doesn't usually bother him too much .

[/bg]

• tumblr_mdy79gRxHu1r4y3fio8_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mjzrjj42sY1qfv43so7_250.gif
    tumblr_maclhtLbpT1qbaklro2_250.gif
    tumblr_maclhtLbpT1qbaklro4_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Emmett was born shortly after his parents returned from their honeymoon, a healthy and happy baby. Many people thought that his parents only got married because they were expecting, but they swear they were already engaged before they knew they were pregnant. While Emmett's father was not close to his family, his mother was always in touch with hers. Growing up, Emmett spent many afternoons playing with his cousins in the front yard.

When he was seven he and his cousin, Tasha, joined dance class. Emmett had already tried sports in the summers prior, but they never really interested him. He immediately took a liking to dancing, however, and started taking all kinds of dance classes, included ballet. Tasha also continued to take classes, and although they were technically cousins the two thought of each other as best friends.

His ability developed when he was ten. At first he created a clone of himself out of dirt by accident, and it really freaked him out. But, as he practiced more, he grew more comfortable with it. Because he was an only child he often grew lonely, so it became a habit of his to create clones to play with in the backyard. One day his mother glanced out the window to find him playing with a clone of himself. This resulted in his parents putting limitations on when he should use his ability, and they also agreed that he should never tell anyone.

Throughout middle school and going into high school Emmett started participating in school plays. He liked musicals the most, but he also had a passion for preforming. It quickly became a love of his, and he made a lot of friends through the hobby.

During his sophomore year of high school he showed his cousin, Tasha, his ability. She was the only person he had ever told other than his parents, and he felt really hurt when she ran away. She then started to distance herself from him, even going so far as to call him a "freak." When he was taken away by the Vargan Institute he knew she must have told someone.
    [/bg]

• tumblr_mtg00lU5wE1qkxdevo6_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mh2xznChwN1r350t5o5_250.gif
    tumblr_mh2xznChwN1r350t5o3_250.gif
    tumblr_mjzrjj42sY1qfv43so10_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

FRIENDS:
    . TBA .

ENEMIES:
    . TBA .

OTHER:
    . TBA .

FAMILY:
    . Mother - Tonya Beavers - Owns a Beaver's Bakery [spoili]
    tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1apefy3zg71co4ssk0kwcscg4_640.gif
    [/spoili] .
    . Father - Darnell Beavers - Technician
    [spoili]
    giphy.gif
    [/spoili] .
    . Cosuin - Tahsa Black - High School Student - 17
    [spoili]
    tumblr_mr8i86AtJg1savxtvo1_500.gif
    [/spoili] .
    [/bg]

[bg=#a8a8a8]"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
[/bg]

We Could Be Heroes

• Love
Reactions: MaryGold
Hopefully the people who haven't put apps in can get 'em in soon. I really don't wanna see this thing die.

Are you still accepting? And has the IC started yet?

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.