Heroes in the Making OOC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for Alice, she makes an attempt to know who her classmates are. I'm sure he isn't Emo but that's her perception of him is because she's a preppy, social class president who thinks all guys who wear black are just emo. She doesn't know any better and is being incredibly stereotypical of people without even trying to know who they are. And maybe he doesn't stick out personality-wise, but as a character who is 6'5", he will definitely stick out to most people appearance-wise.

Speaking for Alice, she makes an attempt to know who her classmates are. I'm sure he isn't Emo but that's her perception of him is because she's a preppy, social class president who thinks all guys who wear black are just emo. She doesn't know any better and is being incredibly stereotypical of people without even trying to know who they are. And maybe he doesn't stick out personality-wise, but as a character who is 6'5", he will definitely stick out to most people appearance-wise.
Yea, I figure. People do that sort of thing a lot, huh? ^v^ I'm sure perceptions will change as time passes. Once you get past the prickly exterior, he's pretty agreeable.

I was just going by the listed body stats. At 6'5" and 130 pounds he'd have a BMI of about 15, which is medically defined as dangerously underweight.

I was just going by the listed body stats. At 6'5" and 130 pounds he'd have a BMI of about 15, which is medically defined as dangerously underweight.
*scratches head awkwardly* Sorry. I'm terribad at body weight. I'll be honest, I've never had to put it on an RP sheet before, and I didn't think to look it up. What would actually be healthy?

Pretty sure 17 and lower is considered underweight. At that height something like 150-160 would probably be average-thin. There's a ton of visual reps and BMI calculators available online I'd you want to search for them.

Actually, I just looked for the bmi conversion and busted out a calculator. I wanted to achieve a BMI of 20.

I did this:

BMI = (your weight in pounds x 703) ÷ (your height in inches x your height in inches)

20= Y x 703 / 77x77
20= Y x 703 / 5929
20 x 5929= Y x 703
118580= Y x 703
118580 / 703= Y
168.67= Y

Y being the mystery weight I wanted to achieve.

So, he is 165 pounds, putting him in the upper 19 range.

I have atoned for my awfulness by doing math! Thanks for your help, and putting up with me! ^v^

I'm confused about what exactly Keith's super powers are, could they be clarified? maybe with a link or something

Name: Keith Thzalia Porter
http://www.superbwallpapers.com/anime/l-death-note-14133/#
ALIAS: 15
APPEARANCE: 6'3 140 lb, Mildly Gaunt especially in the face with his high cheekbones, his hair is messy and unkempt combed together without much thought put in, what muscle to be had is in a weak swimmer/track build. his inability to grow facial hair keeps him clean-shaven and baby-faced.
looks like L otherwise
PERSONALITY: Mathlete president, so smart he has been moved forward 3 grade levels (should be a freshman, but is instead about to graduate), awkward as hell otherwise, he doesn't understand people; and the farther from "normal" you are the less he understand's you and want's to communicate with you.
To all of the other people at school he seem's as interesting as cardboard, but you can definitely trust any answers you snuck off his test, or any advise he gives you on homework. Nobody invites him to hang out, and Nobody from school even knows where he lives, or what his parents even look like.

SHORT BIO: Nobody really knows much about Keith outside of school due to his focus on work and lack of talking, plus since he keep's moving forward grade levels any friends that are made are left behind. The only people in school that really know anything about him are the other Mathletes. He has an engineer's mindset. His father being a "risk assessor" for oil companies is constantly away on business as is traditional throughout Keith's life, his mother being a stock trader stays home, and manipulates the stock market with masterful prowess, leading his father not to need to work, however he does so anyway. Keith is an only child of his rich parents and has the entire third floor of the house to himself, where he hides away every evening to study his books and occasionally mess about on the internet.

SUPER POWER: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Portal_Creation
Now we're thinking with portals. Also he is so good at math it should be put here. He will also be described as Lucky. (mostly in his timing.)

When Keith holds his breath he can summon two solid, fist-sized balls. when either of the balls come into contact with a solid, non-living object, they create a portal that is linked to the other, just like the game: portal, the portals can be up to the size of a typical door, and only last for as long as Keith can hold his breath.

Limitations set as of now:
only 2 listed as Green and Red
only stable for as long as my breath is held
to start a portal he summon's a object into his hand, also known as a "portal ball". This ball is tangible and can harm living things if struck hard enough (TacoMako says imagine a baseball or similar item.)
the portals cannot be opened on a living thing (including grass)
they may only be as large as a normal door
Once I summon a third ball one of the two portals disappears

WEAKNESSES: Extreme awkwardness (especially girls), also he can't really lift much for someone of his stature. DEADLY Curious.
WEAPONS(S): He like's to think he can use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, sorry for the absence. Accepted Wu, but remember what we talked about regarding grammar and stuff.

About the upcoming post: NO ONE POST UNTIL TACOMAKO DOES. This is for the sake of setting the scene. Afterwards, go ahead. I forgot to mention there is NO posting pattern. Once two posts have past since your last, you are allowed to post unless otherwise stated. I can't think of any exact examples where this will not apply but if you feel like you need to post right after someone and have not gone over the minimum number of posts, just let me know ahead of time and I'll approve of it.

Any questions? If not, let's get this ball rolling. Hold on to your seats everybody.

Quick note: If anyone checked the first post of the OOC thread and the accepted character's list, Keith has TBD under his alias. It has been decided by us GMs that Keith will have interchangeable aliases because we cannot figure one out for him nor can Wu. So Keith's alias is free game. You can call him anything in the IC in regards to his superhero name. Portal Boy, Math Magician, Geometry Man, Superdork, ANYTHING is fair game.

Have fun :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Let it commence.
Bring forth the postings.

Ugh... that took forever. My shoulders hurt. TT_TT

Next time type with your hands, it's easier and less painful.

Wait, you guys don't type with your shoulders? What's wrong with you? You don't feel the pain and stress of your writing if you don't work for it. :p

Wait, you guys don't type with your shoulders? What's wrong with you? You don't feel the pain and stress of your writing if you don't work for it. :p
I type with my feet, that way I don't keysmash by accident.

Posts are up. Edited the end of mine because someone didn't clarify the effects of the bomb. Should be all good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.