Not open for further replies.
69peva.jpg

Race: Human
Place of birth: (Tarabon) Borderlands, Saldea

Hero Class: Berzerker
Weapon(s) of choice: Dual single hand axes/Greatsword
Armor type (Light, medium or heavy): Medium
Skills (Max. 5.):

Warrior's Mind- Very few times is Bjarke's mind capable of anything but combat, he will always see things as if they were a great battle.
Savagery- He will throw himself over enemy shield walls or into them in order to get at his enemy, his fury knows few limits during battle.
Tracking- He was raised hunting and tracking in the Borderlands, scraping by on whatever game he could find.
Rallying Roar- His cries on the battle field fuel the fear in his allies and enemies, giving them to impetus to fight or to flee.

(OOC)
Weaknesses(Min. 3):
He is a man of passion, it is easy to bring him to anger and twisting his words.
While in combat he is gifted he is still a deeply barbaric man when it comes to politics.
He has a love for great celebrations, often loosing himself in them and forgetting his place.

Reason character joined army/goal(s):
He loves fighting, it is a natural talent of his. Without a patron to fight for he would simply roam and plunder without cause.
Personality:
Bjarke is not a decidedly rude or blunt man but often he can be seen as vain and crude. He will defend those he is loyal to and those he cares about without fail but will take no criticism from any man, King or peasant.
Short bio:
Bjarke was born with his brotherto a witch mother. Who'm from an early age attempted to impart her knowledge unto them. He displayed no talent with the magics, nor any interest. He expressed a love for fighting, while his brother enjoyed the teachings of his mother. Bjarke never truly felt he belonged, but he always knew without him his mother and brother would starve. He loved both far too much to leave in any case. He was the brute of the family, always hunting, always killing, always fighting his brother. At the end of Bjarke's 20th year he was encountered with a tragedy. He returned home to find his mother's corpse, she was killed by no blade or sickness. But it was magic. The magic that she had once taught to his brother had been used to kill her, the prodigy. Bjarke lost his mind, he tracked his brother for several days before finding him curled up by a low stream. Bjarke took great pride in what he did next, despite his brothers pleas for his life. He used the stone knife his mother had given him, after he had finished he left the blade by his brother's corpse.
Months he roamed, trapping eating in the cold of the Borderlands before happening on a group of Dwarven miners. Bjarke remained unseen from their eyes until nightfall. He crept into their tents in the night and smothered the first of them, after the first he used a pick-axe to finish the rest quickly. He stole what equipment he could and fashioned himself some over clothing for the approaching winter. Whilst he was stripping the bodies he saw something that caught his eye. A spiked shoulder piece, it was a magnificent piece. The spikes were designed for going through plate, or splintering shields. He attached it to himself and was surprised at the ease with which it fit.

After several more months he came further South, coming in contact with men the likes of which he had encountered. They far outnumbered him but treated him fairly, he traveled with them for some time. Learning the strength that comes from numbers. Within this time he honed his skills as a tactician and fighter. His form was criticized for being so barbaric in its display of strength but it often got the job done. He spent 7 years with these men, eventually a small group decided to try piracy. Bjarke was more than happy to join them, he had never seen the ocean. Only heard of it in stories his mother told him, and the casual talk of men that had been on it. He and these men sailed the Arith Ocean, cruising the coasts and islands plundering where they pleased. After 3 years he had lost an eye and received many scars, but the life began to bore Bjarke. Attacking unsuspecting merchants was no suitable challenge. The next they returned to port he left, never seeing these men again nor giving them a goodbye. He decided to travel and find his fortune, to fight for a cause that granted him freedom in battle.
(Just wanna say I'm totally open to editing this as the Borderlands doesnt have much to any lore)

Signature(IC name): Bjarke

Reactions: Rion
Howdy Rion, been some time my friend.

Gah! I forgot about it! ^.^' I'll work on it as soon as I can.

@Rion Let me know when you've read over the final details of the lore I sent you and I'll get to work on my character sheet.

I wanna join, i have an idea for a character but not a human but more or less lizard/dragon people (Draconians whatever you call them)

Though i'm conflicted on doing a draconian, faerie or a normal human

@Rion Let me know when you've read over the final details of the lore I sent you and I'll get to work on my character sheet.

Yep, it all looks good. Looking forward to your character.

Though i'm conflicted on doing a draconian, faerie or a normal human

If I should give my personal opinion... Then I would go for either faerie or human. I have yet to see a faerie race, but one can never go wrong with a human character.

Also on another note: Background on King Rolf has been finished. Almoth shall be done sometimes tomorrow, so that we hopefully can start the IC soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
01bcf838d877856ae74b9fb2be824bc6.jpg
A pair of knowing yellows eyes that almost seem to have a warm glow peek out from red hood. Tiger stripes of darker skin line much paler skin across her face and exposed hands. Strange markings, still fresh with blood, hang under her left eye and above her brow, but there appears to be no sign of scarring. Though Torena is thirty-nine years old, she shows no apparent signs of aging. It's difficult to tell her size beneath her red robes, but it's easy enough to tell her height with how she carries herself. She stands at 5'9", and beneath her almost full covering she has a little more toned muscle than one would expect. She seems vaguely threatening, with her piercing fiery gaze and fingernails that almost appear like claws, but within her lies an even more terrifying visage.

And yes. That is indeed red makeup under her eyes. Ferocity and class are not mutually exclusive, after all.

Race:
Human

Place of birth:
Tarabon, Tanchico
Now lives in Cudsul

Hero Class:
Torena is a Mage of Cudsul

Weapon(s) of choice:
Torena prefers the use of unarmed martial arts, her nails/claws, and her teeth/fangs. Fights with her are as personal as they are meant to be.

Armor type (Light, medium or heavy):
Torena uses light armor, as it is most reliable for the range of motion she requires. Her red robes are for concealment and warmth, but are dismissed as soon as she needs the freedom of movement.

Skills (Max. 5.):
Torena's training with the Disciples of Azerlanael has led her to developing a strong spirit and powerful magic. She is adept at the use of the three tiers of magic Azerlanael teaches: The eyes of Azerlanael, which dominates Augury magic; the Fires of Azerlanael, the Eyes of Azerlanael, and the Spirit of Azerlanael. They are as follows--

Eyes of Azerlanael - Torena is adept at the use of Azerlanael's augury magic, and has access to many useful spells. Clairaudience, Clairvoyance, Scrying, Marking and Tracking spells are all available. These spells provide clarity, information, and understanding. However, their limits are up to the expertise of the caster and the preparation made to use the spells. Without the use of a ritual circle, focusing objects or spell reagents, their reach and power is quite limited, but still has very many common uses. Torena spent a few years studying this magic until she was comfortable with what spells she had in order to track and hunt down enemies of her order, though it also has many other great uses in daily life outside of work. Sending messages magically and remotely, home security, sight-seeing.

Fires of Azerlanael - Torena is also adept at the use of Azerlanael's fire magic. It's uses stretch far beyond simply throwing fireballs and causing fiery destruction. From learning this tier of magic, Torena has learned countless useful cantrips using Azerlanael's fire. From the teachings that fire is meant to be a lifegiver first, many spells become available. Spells to bring warmth cold bodies, dry damp clothing, bring light and comfort, and even cook food with the right amount of expertise and knowledge. It is secondly taught to be a means to unleash Azerlanael's fiery indignation. If one practices long enough, they can shape her fire into many things. Deterring walls of flame, spouts and bolts of fire, and even explosions with the right focus. However, this magic can be very taxing and it is no discriminator of persons or things; if left unchecked, Azerlanael's flames will burn anything flammable they come into contact with. As Azerlanael teaches that nature is to be preserved, judicious use of the fire magic is strongly encouraged, as haphazardly flinging fireballs in a forest can cause more damage than needed to bring cleansing flames to evildoers. Like Azerlanael's augury magic, it is more powerful if used with magical foci. Although this means that the casting of such magic becomes more static and dependant on solid preparation, it is very powerful and less taxing if used properly. This can allow one to lay traps through hidden spell circles. Torena has spent many years studying and practicing this magic in order to bring Azerlanael's fiery retribution to evildoers that seek to do harm to her people.

Spirit of Azerlanael - Wrath of Azerlanael - The final tier of Azerlanael's magic is only available to those devout followers that spend years studying and understanding every tier, and then years more studying and practicing again. Torena spent the years forging in her mind and spirit the idea of her dragon and learning what it meant to be that being. Only after years of bringing this idea to life in her mind and spirit was she able to become one with it in body as well. This final tier of magic allows Torena to transform herself into a true Disciple of Azerlanael, taking on a more distinctly draconic form to be closer to Her and more readily dispense her justice. Fangs, claws, horns, wings, and fire resistant skin and flesh form and replace the old body. While it is clearly draconic, it still maintains Torena's original likeness. This body is able to take on more punishment than her human form, and able to dish out far more as well. With the level of expertise Torena has attained in this magic, she is capable of taking on this form on a whim, though doing so without first discarding her robes will shred them. Wounds sustained in this form will come to her human form if she reverts, and vice versa, but will only be as severe as either form has sustained.

Wrath of Azerlanael describes a dramatic closing attack where Torena will wreath her body in fire and fly into a target in an explosion of flame. She uses it in extreme cases of furious rage. Usually. In some cases, she will do this while she transforms, for a little more shock and awe.

Dragon Style - Torena's fighting style captures the overwhelming power, ferocity, and grace of the very dragon she follows, and she has used it for many years. This style also incorporates blades and axes, but she opted to follow the way of the fist to the end and forgo advanced training with other weapons. Her focus on using her body as her most potent weapon has her in good shape, which becomes far more apparent in her draconic form, and has more than prepared her for fighting others who are armed. Acrobatic footwork and strong strikes are at the heart of the style, and her experience from fighting in the forests and hills of her homeland makes those terrains her favored battleground.

Dragon's Roar - Torena's command of her draconic form is such that she has the power to unleash a terrifying draconic roar, as if from the mouth of Azerlanael herself. The unprepared will find themselves thrown on their backs if they're lucky, and torched if they're too close. It's likely to shatter the will of the weak to fight. Powerful as it is, Torena cannot call upon this power too much or it will, as expected, put strain on her voice until she loses it.

(OOC)
Weaknesses(Min. 3):
Bloodthirst - Torena has rather interesting tastes, and although her body is perfectly able to accomodate her habits, it is generally looked down upon in most societies and seen to be in the same vein as vampirism. Pun intended. It is not just an eccentric quirk, but a solid psychological addiction and can come off as a bit disturbing to the wrong/right people. Aside from this, she is just fascinated by blood in general. And the color red. It's coupled with a hint of sadomasichism.

Mercy and Justice - Torena was a justicar before being a soldier, and the line is more clear for who should receive execution and who should not. War very uncomfortably blurs this line for her, but still she must be a representative of Cudsul in the war to demonstrate the strength of her order and their devotion and allegiance to Tarabon. She will outright refuse to carry out morally dubious orders, and is more inclined to take prisoners than lives if she can. The horrors of war are largely unknown to her, even if she has the skills to excel in the field of combat, so she is almost certain to fight with a heavy heart until she either gets used to it or finds passion in what she's fighting for.

Critical - Torena can be very critical of others. This is somewhat destructive behavior, as it may undermine those who do not understand the ideas she tries to convey.

Reason character joined army/goal(s): Torena was chosen by her order to represent it in the war. Eyes will be on her and she is not fond of the decision, but she owes allegiance to her King and the Archmages. So, she will fight.

Personality: Torena is a fiery woman in action, and has the command of the proper element to back up her personality and claims. Any who are willing to advocate for her have her loyalty, so long as they show they are trustworthy, and she will fight for them even if they are in the wrong just to prove her loyalty. She can appear aloof and cold, but beneath the chilling facade is a warm heart burning with passion just beneath the surface. She is not afraid to speak her mind, but is very willing to look at the world and others objectively. Though she appears to be judgmental and critical, she only seeks to bring out the best in others by making their weaknesses known unto them. She will not take the same treatment in kind, however, and is more than willing to butt heads. She has reigned in this quirk over time and tried to be less harsh in her speech, but it's difficult when frustrations abound.

Short bio: Torena was born the only child to a couple in Tanchico. Her father, Grant, was a bear of a man with a scruffy beard and dark eyes, constantly weary of the world. He frequently looked like he had something to be worried about around the town, but nothing ever came to confirm his fears. Threatening as he might seem at 6'5" and lord only knows how massive, he was soft-spoken and loving to his wife and only daughter. His job as a gravedigger would've taken a toll on his mind, burying faces he'd seen and people he once knew in that cesspool of crime and corruption, but his wife and child brought him solace.

Torena's was a lesser known alchemist, but she got by with the brews she was able to craft in her shop aside their home. She was a very excitable person; always happy to accommodate customers, always delighted to gush about the capabilities of her wares, and ever proud of her daughter trying to follow in her footsteps. Customers trickled in every now and then to purchase her salves and balms, as she never bothered to make anything the poor community couldn't possibly afford. However, she still enjoyed experimenting just to see what her alchemy was capable of, and there was always a chance such a patron would show up to purchase her wares.

Torena never got the chance to really learn the trade of alchemy from her mother and become her apprentice. At the age of fourteen, tragedy fell upon their family when her mother's shop was ransacked and robbed. Torena's mother was brutally attacked in the event and left to die in her shop, surrounded by broken bottles and overturned cases. A rather short investigation was made to find the perpetrators, but the search ceased after only a couple weeks when all trails supposedly went cold. Torena and her father were devastated, and left with almost nothing. It soon came to light that the true culprit behind the crime was untouchable, unless Grant wanted to find himself in prison forever and his daughter on the streets. He wanted to fight, and Torena desperately wanted him to keep going, but the light left his eyes when he had to bury his own wife.

With the money he had saved up, he secured passage out of Tanchico and headed north, never looking back. When they came upon Cudsul, Grant resumed his old job, but he was never truly the same again. He was sought out by a couple representatives of the Disciples of Azerlanael. They claimed to see and know the sadness that he and his daughter experienced, and beckoned him to listen to their message. Grant said he would not hear of gods or angels as none would be able to undo the horrors he experienced. It was too late for him to believe anymore, so he turned away from them. But, he asked that they approach his daughter, saying that she may be willing to listen.

Torena was approached and was almost immediately drawn in by their words. She heard the story of the first settlers, and the history of Cudsul's founding by the dwarves and humans that labored to create the town, but the thing that really caught her attention was the story of Azerlanael. A powerful dragon frequently taking on human or dwarven form to speak with those that would soon become her followers. They spoke well of her wisdom, her majesty, and her strength, but most importantly they spoke of her message of justice. Torena latched onto it and drank in their every word, and it was not long after that she was offered a place among their order by the same two disciples that first met her. She joined without a second thought, and she set on her path to finding her purpose in this world among them.

Grant's physical and mental state had dwindled over the years. He was difficult to be around, constantly tired, and his memory was suffering. Only four years after they had moved to Cudsul, Grant suffered a heart attack and died while his daughter was out. Torena was present for her final family member's burial and was greatly bereaved, but she found peace within the order and nevertheless continued on her path.

She found her purpose years later as a Justicar of the Disciples of Azerlanael, and saw to it that the same evil that killed her mother and brought her father to succumb to grief would not go unpunished.
Signature(IC name): Torena Cresna

Last edited:
I'll work on the rest of it when I get back home. Need to hit the bank and get some cash.

Reactions: Rion
@Rion This sounds REALLY interesting. Are you still accepting?

@Rion This sounds REALLY interesting. Are you still accepting?
It appears that way since only a few people have submitted sheets. I figure if we have limited slots that it would be more on a first come first served basis... you know, seeing as there's not a whole lot of response here.

I say go for it and post a character.

Since there's already a mage I'll be making a ranger.

Still accepting characters. We currently have 4, assuming @Victor Markov hasn't given up entirely yet. >.>
5 Heroes should do it.

Still accepting characters. We currently have 4, assuming @Victor Markov hasn't given up entirely yet. >.>
5 Heroes should do it.
Nope. I'm still here. Just got a bad case of writers block.

Can I have a pet for my character?

Okay well actually my completed sheet will need to wait a little longer because I have a later shift tonight and I'm moving into a new place. But, I'll have it at some point tonight most likely.

Nope. I'm still here. Just got a bad case of writers block.

Oh, alright I know the feeling.

Can I have a pet for my character?

Yes you may, but nothing bigger than a horse.

Okay well actually my completed sheet will need to wait a little longer because I have a later shift tonight and I'm moving into a new place. But, I'll have it at some point tonight most likely.

Take your time, we're still waiting for a hero more or two.

I could always make another character, I'm just horrible at playing guys so it would have to be a female.

Only one Hero character per player, due to the plot I have planned. It wouldn't be fun if a player had two Heroes.

EDIT: I'll let people finish their Character. So I suggest we start Saturday night with the IC. That should give people time. And if anything, I'll just make the General or the King a more active player. So we should be good. (Almoth lore ready Saturday morning)

Status
Not open for further replies.