Heroes At War - Battlefield Glory [8/8 Spots]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from my honeymoon yesterday.

Oh no! Am I too late?! D:

Ah well. If I am let me know, i'm more than happy to just stalk you all from the shadows >=}

Welcome back, I just returned myself.

If I recall, you are still capable of joining as reinforcement even if all the slots are filled up.
Heck, if you start now you can probably beat me to the last slot! I'm a rather slow typer~

I've been beat.

Jokes aside, I was avoiding it earlier but with that I suppose now is the time to ask:

How, O mighty GM, does magic work?
Is it an engine that consumes fuel to gives the mages energy to perform spells, a la needing to drink MP potions to recover mana?
Is it crystallized energy that mages draw power from and shape to their will, a la crystals on staves and embedded in grimoires?
Is it an arcane force that touches upon the soul's bonds as Azaryin described, a la... er, Azaryin's examples?
Is it pure force of will and stamina that changes the world around them, a la taking a nice long rest after blowing up a house?
Divine intervention? Otherworldly influences? Pure and raw energy of the world?
And so on and so forth.

I agree with a majority of Azaryin's post. I don't disagree with any of it, though I may have a few different explanations towards the same end~
But, they are just assumptions until I understand the underlying definition of magic in this world.
Could just be a partly understood, frequently used enigma, sort of like quantum mechanics. It could just be a lot of things. I think mana potions to recover one's magical strength seems a bit improper, though. It's a really gamey thing.

It can also be from divine influence, but then those divine beings might just be so closely tied to magics inner workings that they use their influence to bestow the control of their portfolios of magic to those that follow them and their tenets, thus resulting in what's seen as divine magic. Symbols have power here, but then they have power in any kind of magic. It's just the source of magic that differs, I guess. Different flavors.

Oh no! Am I too late?! D:

Ah well. If I am let me know, i'm more than happy to just stalk you all from the shadows >=}

The 6 limit can be changed. I was suddenly asked out, so I'll make a deeper reply for the magic when I get home.

Understood, @Rion.

Unfortunately, progress in my CS has halted due to unconfirmed data from magic. Darn Mages and their unknown power.
@Azaryin's explanation was awesome, but I'm not too sure if Rion will confirm it.
Rion's examples only had vocal components, with stronger spells (including creating a localized earthquake and creating an animated, humanoid mass of material) requiring only longer incantations.
Or if it goes the other way, continuously casting marvelous spells such as create minuscule black hole and resurrect the dead. Again, only requiring a vocal component.
Based on those examples, I think Rion's intention was to make Mages game-changers when they take the field, hence their rarity. But where does the studying come in? How long can they continuously cast such spells? Just how rare are mages, exactly?

Questions, questions, questions~

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Azaryin
Understood, @Rion.

Unfortunately, progress in my CS has halted due to unconfirmed data from magic. Darn Mages and their unknown power.
@Azaryin's explanation was awesome, but I'm not too sure if Rion will confirm it.
Rion's examples only had vocal components, with stronger spells (including creating a localized earthquake and creating an animated, humanoid mass of material) requiring only longer incantations.
Or if it goes the other way, continuously casting marvelous spells such as create minuscule black hole and resurrect the dead. Again, only requiring a vocal component.
Based on those examples, I think Rion's intention was to make Mages game-changers when they take the field, hence their rarity. But where does the studying come in? How long can they continuously cast such spells? Just how rare are mages, exactly?

Questions, questions, questions~
I don't think these questions should keep you from writing up a character. Wing it, and do whatever feels right for the character, or take from my example if you want. Read over my character and get a feel for how magic might work, and there ya go.

I didn't make Torena to explicitly be a siege engine, as we've mentioned in this discussion, but I made her to be something else because her background isn't as a soldier-- she's a justicar. She has a different set of skills that definitely still make her viable in combat, but she'll also have to learn to use them for warfare.

So, you could create your character knowing that they may not have ever been in war. This may lead them to have different skills more adapted to single targets, which still makes them very useful. In fact, I made a specific weakness of my character the fact that she hasn't been in war. The power she has can be adapted to it, but wasn't originally built for that.

Let me know if I'll be added as reinforcement or backup. :)

Also i'm taking some magical liberties here, let me know if this seems a little out there, or if i need to change things. This was done rather quickly at work, so i apologize. My heart was in it, so may have had some half-cocked thoughts. I'll read over this again later to make sure i'm not totally off base.

35hhjzb.png

She has black wavy shoulder length hair parted in the middle, and green eyes. She has an ovular face, almond shaped eyes, a small nose, and a normal mouth with average sized lips. Her skin is pale [not tan like the image], but does not appear thin or weak. Her body is not overly toned- and looks healthy and capable.

She wears a black knee length sleeveless robe that has a large hood. It clasps up the middle, but she usually has this open. Beneath this she wears a long black sleeveless tunic belted by rope. She wears dark leggings and calf length black leather boots. She doesn't wear any jewelery, not does she have any piercings. On her arms she wears black cloth armguards that reach from just below her elbow to the back of her hand, and loops around her middle finger. Her right hand has black prayer beads wrapped around the wrist.​

Race: Humanoid [dhampir-esque]
Place of birth: Elmora, Tarabon

Hero Class: Mage
Weapon(s) of choice:
Dagger: A single edged, sharp dagger. This is like a straight bladed tanto- style blade. It has no crossguard and is non-reflective material. The dagger is about 12 inches long unclusing the handle. This is used more as a tool than a weapon- however can be very deadly with it if need be. This is more often used to cut rope, mark trees, and cut foliage.

Martial Arts: She is very well trained with her body as a weapon. She may be weak to weapons striking her due to little armor- but she was strenuously trained to evade such attacks. High Dexterity and accuracy with moderate strength. She however, is mostly a pacifist ant will only use this as last resort.

Armor type (Light, medium or heavy): Light. She only wears cloth robes and leather.

Skills (Max. 5.):
Shadow Magus: Taken by shadow sorceresses as a child, she was raised and trained in the mountains to the east in a small coven of shadow monks. They are strange mystics and are secluded in temples in the mountains. The magics come from a mental telekenetic ability bestowed upon the monks/witches through a short ritual when they come of age at about 12-15. Supposedly a gift from their mysterious spirit of the moon they worship. The reality I that tho is just shadow nature magica. This is also called 'shadow magic', 'shadow energy', and even 'crow's magic'.
  • Being a monk- She is well trained in martial arts, and weaving shadow magics. These are intertwined to create devastating quick and powerful attacks. This is a natural magic, and is often draining in large capacity- but after resting periods, she can get back to it. This is like training the body- the more practice done- the longer the energies can be drawn upon.

Shadow Dash: She can travel as a shadow and 'teleport' short distances. Her body bursts into a black mist and moves quicker than the eye can see to a short distance, where she will 'reappear', shedding the 'black mist'. She cannot pass through solid objects with this. She can be harmed while in this form- however. Fire and other magics can interrupt her. If she were to hit a wall, she'd pop out of her 'mist' form. She will often use this to be mobile on the field of battle, or slip in and out of dangerous situations.

• She can only move in one dash about 30 feet. She cannot do more than about 5 of these in succession before she needs to take it down a notch and gather her composure. Excellent for evading large slow, or ranged attacks.

Shadow Strike: She strikes out with her arms and legs. Though this is a mid range technique- and her shadow magics strike out to her opponents with great crushing power as if by her own hands/feet. It's as if she were striking them with her own body.... So if she were to throw a 'punch' at someone- they would be struck with her telekenetic shadow magic at a distance. She can do sweeping strikes to cover wider areas- but no further than a pikeman can thrust and swing a pike [max of 25 feet]. Using this at close and mid range is highly effective against even armored targets.

• This is telekenetic energy that manifests like glowing violet light that has a black mist swirling within it. These have to be well aimed- so some focus is often required. This is not entirely draining for her- no more so than a warrior swinging a sword and hefting a shield.

Great Shadow Burst: Summoning a strong telekenetic wind- she can launch waves, or cannon-ball [up to catapult missile size] bursts at opponents or structures to do crushing damage. These are her longest range attack- going no further than 50 yards. The farther they go, the weaker they are. It looks like a glowing ball- or wave, with shadow mists pouring from it. The waves are like crushing waves from the ocean- toppling cavalry and heavy infantry- but not doing heavy damage. The bursts she can unleash however is akin to being struck by a cannonball or a catapult.

• She can launch these in succession for a little while, but after about 5-7 of them, or 2-3 long waves she requires some mental rest. She will have to retreat to the rear lines to gather herself for several minutes to regain her composure. She has to remain standing in place to do this- requires her to 'root' herself. This opens her up to attack- so will often call for assistance or cover if she is in enemy missile range.

Shadow Claws: Mimicking a feral, or tiger-esque style of martial art- she can dish out medium range slashing damage to opponents with her shadow weaving magics. They share the same range as her shadow strikes. These are all hand techniques that usually entail sweeping hooks [for a couple opponents standing side by side], quick jabs [single opponents], and fierce spins [if surrounded]. Often, she will pick a single target- and claw at the air in a diagonal motion as if she were clawing at the opponent- and it will be as if they are being clawed down by an invisible beast. One telekenetic 'claw' per finger. Cannot immediately pierce plate armor- but if done a few times- the armor can split.

• This is similar to her wielding claw weapons on her hands- though again- from a distance, and with more power than a person of her stature can deliver. These can cut trees and do damage to wooden structures as well. Similar to the strikes, this isn't terribly strenuous- much like if she were a large warrior hefting a two handed sword. She can keep this up- but not forever.

(OOC)
Weaknesses(Min. 3):
She has fairly low constitution. She is more receptive to damage. She can move fast, and strike hard, but is not very hardy due to not wearing armor. This makes her not very suitable for vanguard/frontline fighting.

She is afraid of deep water. She is not a great swimmer

Growing accustomed to fire due to battlefield performance, however she won't be the first to jump through a flaming hoop.

Enjoys Heights, but is afraid of falling. [She can be up high, but prefers to have something to hold on to if she's near ledges, etc.]

She prefers community, and does not take well to rejection.

She regenerates her energy slower in the sun, and also has a harder time seeing without shading or squinting her eyes

Reason character joined army/goal(s): She wants to put herself in a good light, and not be seen as a monster. Fame, and glory are a plus. Mainly she wants to pardon herself for being wrongly accused of a mass kidnapping of children.

Personality: Eriya is honest and straightforward. She is self confident, but not arrogant. She tries to do things for the good of everyone, but deep down is a fairly selfish person. This is apparent when traipsing the battlefield... She will do reprehensible things to save her own skin, albeit reluctantly.

Living with a very tight knit and smaller community, she likes to be with people. On the other side of this, she finds it hard to trust new people around her quickly. Has a strong urge to prove herself. She doesn't care much for strict laws, and is a bit more chaotic than lawful. She's a bit lonely, choosing a life of little attachment. A true wanderer at heart, but yearns for structure, even though she tends to buck society's laws at times.

She is a believer in not a 'god', but in spirit as a general sense. Her clan, or temple of monks worship under the moon, and meditate. Good will, love, peace- but fierce protection are major tenants of this spirit. They are known for wearing mostly dark colors and blacks, and are called many things outside of their home. 'Crows', 'Ravens', 'Witches', 'Shadow Mages' among other things. Not many understand them because of their rarity and seclusion.

Short bio:
Eriya was born of a tragedy- her father was a human, and her mother a vampire. Her father was a rich noble owning land and of high status in Elmora. Giving in to adultery, he laid with what he thought was a brothel whore. Much to his surprise he had been charmed by a female vampire, and impregnated her. To his horror, he tried to have the vampire dame killed. No one really knows if he was successful, as no one saw the woman again- however the baby was left in the care of the brothel's wealthy and well reputed owner. The father ordered the baby seized and killed- which immediately failed, as the brothel owner had the coin [and influence] to persuade the town watch to double their efforts here.

The father gained a bad reputation and was basically blackballed by the nobility for fornicating with a demon, witch, and vampire. Having the bastard baby made it worse. No one knew if it was murder or suicide, but the man later died when the baby was one year of age. This was when a group of black clad mountain clan came to the city, and paid an enormous sum for the babe. Knowing she was not of natural birth- word travels fast, and these monks, or better known as witches- caught word of the baby's ordeal due to the father's status.

The brothel Owner was sad for the child's situation, but the mountain's shadow monks were known for strangely good deeds. They took her back to the mountain temples where she was raised. Taught of the world, art, history, and politics. She was also strenuously taught martial arts. She never knew she was all that different from everyone else here, being that most here were not normal humans. She grew up never really questioning her ever pale skin, discomfort in the sun, and the growth of her fangs [not true fangs, but sharp enough to draw blood]. There were others like her, societies outcasts. Even another dhampir girl.

At the age of fifteen she began coming into her shadow weaving arts- taught the dark magics of the temples. The ability to manipulate shadow and harness telekenetic-like magics. This is something she caught on to with great talent given her bloodline.

There was only one other here, one of the elders, who knew to use magics, and did it well. Seer Shen, the elder was in charge of training the monks physically, and when he figured out Eriya was capable to become a sorceress, quickly took her under his wing.

She began her worldly travels at 20, wandering city to city- experiencing the world as able. . . but found persecution almost everywhere. She was mostly human looking, but upon close inspection she held an unnatural aura, a strange magnetism and charisma- and moved with too much of a fluid grace. This was met with the knowledge of her magics- and the persecutions started. This even lead to a terrible encounter...

Captured in the main city again in Elmora due to mistrust- she was imprisoned. She was wrongly blamed for the kidnapping of several children in a town outside the capital. Only two bodies were recovered, and they were devoid of blood, yet appeared to be butchered. There was no evidence other than the here say that she 'was an evil witch'. Since she was new to the city again, she didn't have any evidence to back this- and no one would listen to her even if she did. She looked the part- she was a perfect scapegoat.

Pleading innocence, she pledged her hand to Tarabon to prove her loyalty to the crown. The Sheriff and Law Marshal were not ready to believe- distrusting mystics. Her martial capabilities were proven in the practice fields- thinking it a joke at first- the city's marshal wanted a laugh and a public beating- to make example of mistrusted foreigners. Eriya rose victorious with her martial skill. They obliged, but would keep her under close watch. Given the lowest rank of military recruit- she was given very simple pathfinding and scouting missions for the military. Something she excelled at- and proved her status and worth as a combatant in small sabotage missions. Impressing her commanders, word got around.

She is currently being sent on assignment again- to continue proving herself to gain pardon for the crimes she was tried for. She travels with the Army in chains [that she could easily break free from] under the constant watch of the Sheriff's deputies. She uses small unit and guerilla tactics as a majority- and high risk- high reward maneuvers.

Signature(IC name): _Eriya Chase_

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Azaryin
portrait_1_by_leafofsteel-d6obeqz.jpg

Race: human (werewolf)
Place of birth: Tarabon, Amador

Hero Class: healer

Weapon(s) of choice: she prefers not to fight but she has a standard issue sword to discourage some attacks, and her claws and strength if things get truly ugly
Armor type: light or none
Skills:
Healers touch: Years of study and practice have made Glenn a valuable healer. Since she has not been with the war effort for very long and joined as the lowest rank she is only considered an assistant or a field runner.
Defensive perimeter: With little formal training in fighting her strength lies with defensive maneuvers. From organizing groups to hold a perimeter or simply defending herself or someone else against an attacker
Untold Strength: There are few times when Glenn is happy about being a werewolf, one of the times happens to be when she is on the field and she has to beat a hasty retreat all while carrying a wounded ally. She does try and remain somewhat inconspicuous but that is not always easy when sprinting back towards camp with a soldier across her shoulders.
Final Stand: If Glenn finds herself in a truly dire straights she does have the option of turning to her werewolf form. While stronger, tougher, and fiercer she looses much of her humanity and it becomes extremely hard for her to distinguish between friend and foe.

(OOC)
Weaknesses(Min. 3): The more stressed, angry, or scared the harder it is for her to keep herself from changing forms, lots of practice and careful training has made it so that she a great amount of control over her own emotions, but she can be forced to action.
Now since she has found that she cannot fight the world and herself Glenn can be quite the pushover, she is far more likely to defer to someone else's leadership than her own. She will take most verbal abuse quietly and without complaint and often finds herself following barked orders without much thought.
In battle while she might do whatever she can to help fallen allies there seems to always be hesitation in her attacks, which in a grand battle can be a death sentence. She does this because if she does let her instincts get the better of her she might end up biting someone, and that can have its own complications.
Now since she is a werewolf she does enjoy a bit more resistance towards normal weapons but anything tipped with silver burns her flesh and if she is exposed to long it can also poison her blood, wolfsbane has a similar effect and it weakens her greatly if she consumes it.
Reason character joined army/goal(s): while away old friends of hers joined the army to help fight those that would take their land. Unable just to let them do as they wished Glenn decided to join as well, taking the role of healer hopefully to save the lives of those fighting. Although as of yet she has been unable to locate any of her friends on the battle or off.

Personality: Glenn is a very quiet character, rarely does she raise her voice even in anger and if she is sucked into an argument it usually consists of someone else yelling at her with her just replying meekly. That is of course until she feels that someone else could be in trouble, then she will put her foot down hard, because she might be quiet when the mood strikes her she can be as stubborn and unyielding as a mountain. A generally nice personality is off set by very guarded behavior, although considering that werewolves are not looked upon kindly she does have reason to keep herself to herself. Now under the all the quiet is a sharp mind, it is probably what has kept her alive all this time, she learns quickly, knows when to keep her head low, and usually knows what to say to defuse a situation or ward off someone's suspicion.

Short bio: Glenn was born in the Amador, in a quiet farming village like so many others. Life was peaceful if not entirely easy, Glenn was a bit of a wild child growing up but so were many children and her antics could never be categorized as anything beyond those of a feisty child. Her father was a miller and so her two older brothers all found themselves helping run the mill while Glenn and her sister instead were roped into helping their mother, the village healer. These days Glenn will admit with a sheepish grim that she found most of the lessons boring and only barely paid attention, but she is thankful that she remembered what little she did. When she was 19 her world suddenly crashed down on her. As it is rogue werewolves are rather rare, since by their very nature they aren't particularly subtle they can be easy to track even if they are pretty difficult to fight. So Glenn's village was caught unawares when two descended on their town. Three families were destroyed, Gelnn's included, some killed outright by the violence of the attacks, a lucky few were only maimed, and some unlucky souls, like Glenn, were bitten but left alive. Glenn is unsure exactly what happened between the time she was bitten and when she next woke, she has managed to fill in some gaps over the years but only from what others have told her. Apparently a religious order, by the name of The Red Dove, was called upon by the town guard, they preformed rights for those who died, helped tend those who only felt the monsters' claws, and took away those who had been bitten and where now a danger to all those around them.

It was probably that greatest of luck that Glenn found herself in their hands and was not simply executed by passing guards while she was still unconscious. For this Order was unusual in that all the members had taken vows not to kill another person unless their lives are truly threatened. Meaning that they could not kill someone, even those bitten by a werewolf, until they themselves changed at the next full moon. It was the most nerve wracking and terrifying months of her life, confined to a cell with the four others that had been brought from her village there was little to do but think and worry, some cried, some screamed, some just stared blackly at the wall so still you couldn't be sure if they were still breathing after a while. The evening of that moon they were fed food laced with wolfsbane, it burned bubbled in their guts, made them weak with nausea, and with chains that should have been to heavy they were secured tightly to the wall behind them. That night nearly everyone one changed, and as they did so the guards of the Order killed them with silver tipped spears, in the morning nearly everyone was taken away to be buried, nearly everyone. Glenn did not changed that night, she could feel the change bucking and twisting in her gut, her skinned burned like a high fever, and every sensation sharped until they sounds of her own heart pounding in her ears threatened to drive her made, but she fought it, and fought it until finally in the morning the pain reluctantly subsided. Five more times she resisted before the Order finally decided they should do something about her besides keep her in a small cell the rest of her life.

They assigned her to a mercenary group, she could be free of that little cell as long as she stayed with them. It was an uneasy pairing, the group had dealt with werewolves before and a they weren't entirely sure they wanted one sleeping in their midst. After about a year she finally found herself fully excepted. Of course she had to follow certain rules, no changing, no fighting, to be allowed to stay with the group and to keep them from killing her, but she enjoyed playing the healer and record keeper. Only a handful of times did she push her strength to the very edge of change but she has always managed to pull herself back. As the youngest member of that group she stayed with them ten years, her own curse made the years move more slowly for her and her body did not age as the others. Two years of retirement until again she found herself helping another group of much younger adventurers and she stayed with them for a length of time although she never actually revealed her true nature to them. With the war she left the group to go and find some of her old friends to try and grasp what they were going to do with this whole situation. Finding that they had already left to join the effort she was quick to follow. Knowing that she could get in quite a bit of trouble if it was found that she is a werewolf she signed up as a healer and was quickly given a lower position. As of yet she has not found her friends but she has not stopped looking yet.

Signature(IC name): Glenn Maerson

Last edited:
Oof, I have a bad experience winging it on character sheets. Lots of rewriting and scrapping involved.
I know how I want to do this character and wrote out what I can, but I planned for this history to involve the research of magic, hence all my questions. They'd be a pretty pathetic researcher if the only fact about magic they know is that it is "uncommon~"

And then suddenly, double mage!

portrait_1_by_leafofsteel-d6obeqz.jpg

Race: human (werewolf)

Hero Class: healer

Weapon(s) of choice: she prefers not to fight but she has a standard issue sword to discourage some attacks, and her claws and strength if things get truly ugly
Armor type: light or none
Skills:
Healers touch: Years of study and practice have made Glenn a valuable healer. Since she has not been with the war effort for very long and joined as the lowest rank she is only considered an assistant or a field runner.
Defensive perimeter: With little formal training in fighting her strength lies with defensive maneuvers. From organizing groups to hold a perimeter or simply defending herself or someone else against an attacker
Untold Strength: There are few times when Glenn is happy about being a werewolf, one of the times happens to be when she is on the field and she has to beat a hasty retreat all while carrying a wounded ally. She does try and remain somewhat inconspicuous but that is not always easy when sprinting back towards camp with a soldier across her shoulders.
Final Stand: If Glenn finds herself in a truly dire straights she does have the option of turning to her werewolf form. While stronger, tougher, and fiercer she looses much of her humanity and it becomes extremely hard for her to distinguish between friend and foe.

(OOC)
Weaknesses(Min. 3): The more stressed, angry, or scared the harder it is for her to keep herself from changing forms, lots of practice and careful training has made it so that she a great amount of control over her own emotions, but she can be forced to action. Now since she has found that she cannot fight the world and herself Glenn can be quite the pushover, she is far more likely to defer to someone else's leadership than her own. She will take most verbal abuse quietly and without complaint and often finds herself following barked orders without much thought. In battle while she might do whatever she can to help fallen allies there seems to always be hesitation in her attacks, which in a grand battle can be a death sentence. She does this because if she does let her instincts get the better of her she might end up biting someone, and that can have its own complications. Now since she is a werewolf she does enjoy a bit more resistance towards normal weapons but anything tipped with silver burns her flesh and if she is exposed to long it can also poison her blood, wolfsbane has a similar effect and it weakens her greatly if she consumes it.
Reason character joined army/goal(s): while away old friends of hers joined the army to help fight those that would take their land. Unable just to let them do as they wished Glenn decided to join as well, taking the role of healer hopefully to save the lives of those fighting. Although as of yet she has been unable to locate any of her friends on the battle or off.
Personality: Glenn is a very quiet character, rarely does she raise her voice even in anger and if she is sucked into an argument it usually consists of someone else yelling at her with her just replying meekly. That is of course until she feels that someone else could be in trouble, then she will put her foot down hard, because she might be quiet when the mood strikes her she can be as stubborn and unyielding as a mountain. A generally nice personality is off set by very guarded behavior, although considering that werewolves are not looked upon kindly she does have reason to keep herself to herself. Now under the all the quiet is a sharp mind, it is probably what has kept her alive all this time, she learns quickly, knows when to keep her head low, and usually knows what to say to defuse a situation or ward off someone's suspicion.
Short bio: Glenn was born in the Amador, in a quiet farming village like so many others. Life was peaceful if not entirely easy, Glenn was a bit of a wild child growing up but so were many children and her antics could never be categorized as anything beyond those of a feisty child. Her father was a miller and so her two older brothers all found themselves helping run the mill while Glenn and her sister instead were roped into helping their mother, the village healer. These days Glenn will admit with a sheepish grim that she found most of the lessons boring and only barely paid attention, but she is thankful that she remembered what little she did. When she was 19 her world suddenly crashed down on her. As it is rogue werewolves are rather rare, since by their very nature they aren't particularly subtle they can be easy to track even if they are pretty difficult to fight. So Glenn's village was caught unawares when two descended on their town. Three families were destroyed, Gelnn's included, some killed outright by the violence of the attacks, a lucky few were only maimed, and some unlucky souls, like Glenn, were bitten but left alive. Glenn is unsure exactly what happened between the time she was bitten and when she next woke, she has managed to fill in some gaps over the years but only from what others have told her. Apparently a religious order, by the name of The Red Dove, was called upon by the town guard, they preformed rights for those who died, helped tend those who only felt the monsters' claws, and took away those who had been bitten and where now a danger to all those around them. It was probably that greatest of luck that Glenn found herself in their hands and was not simply executed by passing guards while she was still unconscious. For this Order was unusual in that all the members had taken vows not to kill another person unless their lives are truly threatened. Meaning that they could not kill someone, even those bitten by a werewolf, until they themselves changed at the next full moon. It was the most nerve wracking and terrifying months of her life, confined to a cell with the four others that had been brought from her village there was little to do but think and worry, some cried, some screamed, some just stared blackly at the wall so still you couldn't be sure if they were still breathing after a while. The evening of that moon they were fed food laced with wolfsbane, it burned bubbled in their guts, made them weak with nausea, and with chains that should have been to heavy they were secured tightly to the wall behind them. That night nearly everyone one changed, and as they did so the guards of the Order killed them with silver tipped spears, in the morning nearly everyone was taken away to be buried, nearly everyone. Glenn did not changed that night, she could feel the change bucking and twisting in her gut, her skinned burned like a high fever, and every sensation sharped until they sounds of her own heart pounding in her ears threatened to drive her made, but she fought it, and fought it until finally in the morning the pain reluctantly subsided. Five more times she resisted before the Order finally decided they should do something about her besides keep her in a small cell the rest of her life.

They assigned her to a mercenary group, she could be free of that little cell as long as she stayed with them. It was an uneasy pairing, the group had dealt with werewolves before and a they weren't entirely sure they wanted one sleeping in their midst. After about a year she finally found herself fully excepted. Of course she had to follow certain rules, no changing, no fighting, to be allowed to stay with the group and to keep them from killing her, but she enjoyed playing the healer and record keeper. Only a handful of times did she push her strength to the very edge of change but she has always managed to pull herself back. As the youngest member of that group she stayed with them ten years, her own curse made the years move more slowly for her and her body did not age as the others. Two years of retirement until again she found herself helping another group of much younger adventurers and she stayed with them for a length of time although she never actually revealed her true nature to them. With the war she left the group to go and find some of her old friends to try and grasp what they were going to do with this whole situation. Finding that they had already left to join the effort she was quick to follow. Knowing that she could get in quite a bit of trouble if it was found that she is a werewolf she signed up as a healer and was quickly given a lower position. As of yet she has not found her friends but she has not stopped looking yet.

Signature(IC name): E.T.

WEREWOLF OH MY

Also I'm home. This magic thing is giving me headaches.

This magic thing is giving me headaches.
No problems. Just forget everything about it, take a gulp of your chosen beverage, then lay out exactly what you are looking for with the magic—as indepth or as vague as you want—and Azaryin and I can figure out the rest~

I'm at least happy some people here have a better check on this entire Magic thing than myself. >.>
And I honestly wouldn't mind if you two came to some kind of agreement on how it would work best and then gave me some text for the Overview.

But I will weight a few things in.
1. Magic is simply not common. For most soldiers and citizens it will be a first meeting. (This is to make the plot more interesting. Kings and whatnot will know of Magic, but it still depends on a few factors.)

2. To help the lore we will have two groups of Magic users.
a) Heroes born with a natural gift for better understanding of Magic. They can quicker learn the ropes and spells. (That way players won't need to make a 60+ year old character...)
b) 'Normal' people who begin a study of Magic. However, these people do not work in groups other than a single Mage might have an apprentice. They might use the same textbooks, but there is no higher Mage Order of any kind. Mages want to spend all their time training their art. They make for great NPCs.

3. I'll quickly shoot the divine influence idea down. No Gods whatsoever. (Messes with plot.)

4. Let's say... Magic is a natural thing all around us, just like air. And like air, its not something that you can see. You can study it and write it down, but for a common peasant it will be nothing but strange words on a piece of paper. And even then its not that easy. You need to be able to control the Magic flow and execute the spell. Artifacts makes this a lot easier because you store Magic inside it, and then simply release it. This could lead to some interesting events. Heroes are a lot better at feeling this flow of magic. As for 'fuel'... Maybe it just depends on ones stamina. Spells strain the body just as it strain a warrior to use his sword. Thoughts?

I like some of the points you made @Azaryin
Maybe not as much the wand thing. This is definitely not Harry Potter. <.<

I'm all for allowing different kind of Magic arts though. I just don't want to see a character that rely entirely on items and artifacts.

WEREWOLF OH MY

Also I'm home. This magic thing is giving me headaches.

Yes, always good to have the character that could go ballistic and kill/convert a bunch of people in charge of your sick and wounded

And finally over to something I'm a lot better at, CS reviewing:
@Ser K+ I assume you finished your character but forgot to tell me. At least it looks like you changed the skills, awesome. Your character is now part of the Cast.

@Kirito Well, you already know what you need to improve.

@Spectre Forget the entire reinforcement/backup thing... I simply meant that if a new player decided to join our RP after we have already started, then they could arrive IC as reinforcement. As for your CS; Great work. There are a few minor things, but nothing that prevent me from accepting your character. Wrongly accursed Hero sounds like a interesting idea. Added to Cast.

@E.T. Lovely work. Honestly I hadn't expected people to pull out Vampire and Werewolf characters.... Seems like you forgot age? I have my doubt having a sword will keep enemies away, so you will have to rely on fellow Heroes and friendly soldiers for the most protection. (Oh God what I have done. Werewolf carrying wounded soldiers back to camp!?) I did say any race. I will not go back on my word. I'll add your character to the Cast once you have added an age, and made your text a bit more readable. Please use more space.

And notice to @All, Magic talk have been moved to PM to prevent spam here.

There added age, and spread things out a bit more so it is hopefully a bit more bearable to the eye. As for the sword it is more like "watch out I am armed!" Followed by a few wild sword swings.

Muahahaha I feel Glenn is going to have a harder and harder time convincing people that she is totally fine as time goes on...perfect!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Rion
@Rion My cs is edited and ready for approval.

Teeheehee. Get it? See, it's funny, because she's a shadow mage.
Har har har xD

Oh,
I updated the CS to make her only having learned magic from one master- keeping with the rarity of magic. Fleshed a few things out. Having a hard time keeping the bio short xD I wanna go into much more detail, but think it may be a good idea to discover more through writing the character in the IC.

I am about to read the long thread about magics.... But for now let me know if I need to make changes to that at all.

Well with the addition of a werewolf female, Bjarke may just become dopey eyed. Also Bjarke is definitely gonna cut a dudes stomach open and get some entrails around his neck to spook some people.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ser K+
Status
Not open for further replies.