Heroes At War - Battlefield Glory [8/8 Spots]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to guys flirting with her she'll get shy, not use to the attention and will more then likely keep her mouth shut.
At 128 years old she's not used to guys hitting on her? Huh. What about girls, then?

Its because she was already taken, the elf dude she fell for was a child playmate. Everyone figured they'd get together.

I guess I'll take that explanation.

All but one detail is missing from the character sheet now. One last... character trait... and maybe some tweaking.

I'll be joining this one, if I may.

Expect a character sheet from me later.

@Rion Hey man, if you need some help writing Lore I've got some time. I'd be more than happy to help you considering the both of us have some extensive past with writing lore.

I'll be joining this one, if I may.

Expect a character sheet from me later.

Looking forward to it.

@Rion Hey man, if you need some help writing Lore I've got some time. I'd be more than happy to help you considering the both of us have some extensive past with writing lore.

Everything is more or less ready. I may request help once we're underway though. ^^

Application
(IC)

knight_in_the_dark_by_beaver_skin-d68cssw.jpg

Race: Human.
Place of birth: ... Tanchico ,Tarabon

Hero Class:Warrior
A class best suited for swordplay and defense.
Weapon(s) of choice: A longsword, shield, and a crossbow. It's a practical trio for a former mercenary such as myself.
Armor type: Medium weight.

Skills:
Heavenly Dirge
Kascarde lifts his weapon into the air with both arms then plunges it into the earth, causing a shockwave around himself.

Burnt Asunder

A crowd control move where Kascarde sets his sword ablaze and performs a grand swing after another.

Tearing Step

Kascarde grips the sword with two hands and sends a wave of slicing winds a towards his opponent. It's a rather dangerous move at point blank range.

Divine Brace

Kascarde musters all of his strength to stand against a possibly fatal attack. If he takes an attack to his flesh whilst performing this skill, it will cut through enough skin to cause him to bleed heavily, yet not sustain too much injury to his internals. He tends to only use this when he tries to rescue someone important as this increases the possibility that he will die due to not being able to recover quickly enough to evade another attack. (This is what he used to save that kid in his bio.)

Inspire
Kascarde at his best, is a father and brother to those he serves with or leads, he'll encourage them to try harder and will hesitate if he believes that what he says or does will end up doing nothing besides bring down morale.

(OOC)
Weaknesses:
He currently has a habit of biting off more than he can chew, sometimes resulting in him being injured, or at the very least, slapped.

He'll often trust people too easily. It's a habit he's trying to break out of.

Aside from being too trusting, he's a bit of a chivalrous pervert. Both have led to him being taken advantage of in the past.

He'll often let his emotions cloud his judgement, rather than show it, which hinders his leadership skills. He constantly get frustrated with himself over this.

A certain thirst for money that Kascarde has occasionally lands him into doing dirty work. Though, he suspects that he's just one of the many.

Reason character joined army/goal(s): Seemingly, he was bored... He heard that the King was hiring knights during his travels and decided to enlist to "make a bit of coin." However, in truth there is an underlying reason of why he chose Rolf's army to serve.

Personality: Kascarde is typically well reserved, but a tad bit condescending, which sometimes leads to people mistaking him for a noble. He is rather... far from that stature. On a good day, he's an optimistic type that could easily boost the morale of those he's around. On a bad day he's usually silent, drowning himself in alcohol, or the like.

Short bio: Kascarde's told history is riddled in myths and blatant lies, some of which he's told himself, to avoid having to reflect upon the past. It is unknown whether he actually was born in Tarabon, if he's just some vagabond acting as if he's on a pilgrimage, or what have you.

He was first noticed as a late-teen with no home to return to. He had rescued a little boy, no older than 8 year old from a skirmish that had come close to harming a town in Northern Tarabon. The boy's parents and siblings, albeit surprised by Kascarde's unhealthy appearance and the wounds that he had sustained in the boy's place, were very thankful for his plight. They had nursed Kascarde's wounds, and the oldest sibling, a former guard, had even taught Kascarde some advanced swordplay techniques learned by knights. Kascarde had stayed for around a two month period before leaving and carving his own story, as he felt as if he were actually a burden on the small family. He had taken work as a mercenary for a few of his years, met friends, skirmished, killed enemies, met newer friends, Skirmished, killed older friends. It was a satisfactory life to live, despite all of those silly employment issues and depressing coincidences that came with the job.

Kascarde eventually gave up that line of work. The pay just began to get worse and worse, for the same old risk... Death. He wanted a change of pace, so he started to travel around Dalanaia searching for information about something presumed to be precious that he heard about from a deceased comrade of his.
An artifact that unbeknownst to Kascarde acts as a key to unlocking unprecedented power, but ofcourse... There were repercussions to even wielding the thing...
[spoili] 1. You may be attacked by the creators of the damned thing. Dragons.
2. Wielding it for too long will kill you on it's own, as it molds itself to you like a parasite.
3. If this artifact "kills" you, you may actually become a physically heartless zombie, kept alive by it's presence. How you lose your heart? It's torn out of you by the creators as payment.
[/spoili]

His journey got side tracked when he heard that the Kingdom of Tarabon was recruiting, and well... his curiosity got the better of him...

Signature(IC name): Kascarde

Last edited by a moderator:
Add some Heroic abilities under Skills. See my characters for inspiration.

• Useful
Reactions: Ser K+
So, they're specific active abilities rather than passive traits describing their capabilities?

They can be both. But as a Hero you are going to have some abilities that clarify your character. You have spells, just like a mage. They are just restricted to your class of course.
IC and the remaining lore on Almoth will be up tomorrow. New characters are welcome, and will join the RP as reinforcement.

I just noticed.
Rolf is 80.

Kinda pushing that "medieval fantastic Human natural death" boundary, without children at that, don't you think?

I'm sensing a pessimistic plot point in the future of Tarabon.

Unless he actually does have a child and they're not dead, or anything like that.

[spoili]Or he passes his Kingdom on to a certain General.[/spoili]
[spoili]Or he's immortal, and ends up becoming a villian.[/spoili]

...I'll shut up before I spout something that actually does happen in the RP.

...But I'm already getting some signs that something bad will happen.

It's always possible the Myth's of Rolf are completely unfounded and he's just some old senile dude sitting on the throne

Equally possible, yeah.

Heh, though using that logic, maybe the guy is already dead and the "King Rolf" we know is actually a sibling who had a fleeting moment of power lust or felt the need to take over or something.

Or the old bastard's totally Big Bossing as a living vegetable while the second in command expands on the benefits of having a figure people can look up to. >.>

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Well, I am pushing for a deeper plot but I won't spoil more than that. ^^
Mages tend to live longer as well, so a powerful Hero could extend his own life expectancy.

I'm trying to develop my characters fighting style and I had a question. Would it be possible to have a warrior/Mage combo? Like, be a warrior, but fight with spells as well as conventional weapons? @Rion

I'm trying to develop my characters fighting style and I had a question. Would it be possible to have a warrior/Mage combo? Like, be a warrior, but fight with spells as well as conventional weapons? @Rion

I'm afraid not. I would prefer if we could stick to class restrictions. See my character; Class related spells are allowed.

I'm afraid not. I would prefer if we could stick to class restrictions. See my character; Class related spells are allowed.

Ok. I'll get my cs up soon.

Are people still allowed to join as a hero of sorts or would any new characters be put in as just sort of regular soldiers? And if any new characters are just going to be support does that mean we could be something like a healer/medic person.

Are people still allowed to join as a hero of sorts or would any new characters be put in as just sort of regular soldiers? And if any new characters are just going to be support does that mean we could be something like a healer/medic person.

I am still accepting Hero characters. Regular soldiers are also welcome. Support/Reinforcement can be anything from a healer to a berserker. You're still a 'main character' you just join the party a little later so to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.