Hero School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal was walking through one of the hallways, looking intently at a piece of paper that had some ancient language from the past written out on it. She wasn't paying attention to where she was going, and lo and behold, she tripped over Mononoke, who was crying. She fell a little ways, but used some wind magic to keep herself from hitting her face off the floor, sweat beading up on her forehead. Although she had two elements, water was the main one and much easier to control. Air... Not so much. She reached down, pushing herself to her feet and turning around to face the unfortunate girl, bowing a little.
"S-sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going a-and.." She looked up, realizing the other girl was crying. "Hey... Are you ok?"

Mononoke was thinking about her home with her mother and started to cry even harder when she felt someone trip over her and looked at the person. "No I-I'm fine but a-are y-you alright d-did you g-get hurt?" she asked in a very small voice still crying. "C-can I-I go h-home n-now?" she said crying even more because she wants to go home really badly. "I-I want m-mommy"

Crystal knelt down beside her, genuine worry etched on her face.
"Oy, I'm fine but..." she scratched the back of her head. She wasn't in situations like this very often, and she wasn't an expert on it. So she did what she knew best. She began controllin the sweat from her brow to create livig water creatures. A dog running through the air, the size of a doll. A miniature bird singing a soundless song. A flower blooming in spot. She smiled a little, trying to cheer up the girl.

Vylen looked towards Ryan and replied "I'm not sure yet. It depends if I still have room in my schedule after advanced weapon tactics and specialized weapon crafting. Why do you ask? If you're planning on taking it I can always make room in my schedule to show you how its done," He chuckled. "Or are you asking just because you want to watch me

make the new hopefuls drool with jealousy?"

(sorry, accidentally posted before I finished. LOL)

Ryan looked at Vylen. "Nah it's not that! Like I said, she'd only teach if there were at least two or three other students interested! You're always looking for new techniques, why not try hers? It's supposed to be quite powerful, people don't really know how to counter it," He said as he looked at Vylen, "I'm serious besides....I hear she hasn't taught the class in like four years....and she's been kinda depressing lately don't you think?"

Vylen thought for a moment. "I guess I have noticed shes been acting a bit strange lately. Maybe it would do her some good to have another class to teach. And I suppose I could always use an extra skill." He stood for a moment, deep in thought. "Yeah, I think I'll talk to her about it when I see her next. But before you go, do you know who else might be joining?"

Ryan looked thoughtful for a moment. "Yeah, the Captain of the Andraste Blitzball team said he wanted to try and there was a girl in Robin who has some great footwork, can't think of her name to save my life." He replied, "It's mostly gonna be Andraste students, it IS a blades class after all."

"Alright, thanks. I'm gonna go look for her." Vylen waved as he walked off. After several minutes of searching, he spotted the headmistress conversing with Hal-Zern. He approached but stopped at a distance, far enough to give the two instructors their privacy but close enough to make it obvious he wanted a word with her. He stood with respect in front of the two. After all it was warriors like them that inspired Vylen to begin his career as a student at Markatta.

Dylan nodded as he headed off himself. Luna noticed Vylen in the distance, just before she headed to meet with the new teachers. She put on a fake smile and walked over to him. "Vylen, what can I do for you?" she asked, her kind tone still present though she still seemed depressed, "I haven't seen you around the Andraste house lately. Weren't you here over the summer?"

"I wish I had more time for Andraste, but lately I've had a lot of responsibilities over in Robin. Its tough being one of the only students in two houses. Anyways, I was wondering if you had any openings left in your class this year. I still have a class left in my schedule and I think I'm ready for the challenge." He noticed the way she carried herself was lacking the confidence that she used to have, but he decided to leave it be.

Luna nodded. "Of course. I'm glad you want to join up. I'll be taking up your weekends. Not the entire weekend mind you but a few hours during it. I don't want to interrupt anyone's schedules for classes. With you I now have enough to teach the class," she smiled at him, "I'll start next Saturday. I have to go get the new teachers so try not to provoke any of the new students okay? I know you want to be stronger.....but that's part of the reason you can't graduate even as an Andraste student." She put her hand on his shoulder with a reassuring smile, "And remember.....no matter how tough it gets....never EVER give up."

"Of course, I can't wait to get started." He nodded towards Luna and went off to meet the students he would be taking classes with. He couldn't help but think about what he just signed up for. Could it really be as hard as it was supposed to be? He tried to take his mind off of it but he knew that even the most successful students have had trouble with her class. He decided to ignore the feeling, like he did with every doubt he had.

Primlin had overheard the conversation between students Vylen, Ryan, and Dylan. The headmaster seemed down and this class might bring her up hm? She checked her schedule. Perhaps she had room herself for this class, she didn't want the headmaster to be a downer all the time, that was her job. She decided it was a worth a shot, especially if it would improve her fighting techniques. She stepped out of the shadows, walking up to Luna without hesitation. She didn't want to interrupt her if she was to talk to the teachers, so she was planning on getting this over with.
"Excuse me..." she started, her voice slightly more muffled than it should be, even with the upraised collar covering her mouth.

Luna heard someone approach and turned to the voice. "ah, you must be Primlin," she said with a gentle smile, "What can I do for you, you might have to speak up just a little bit as there seems to be something covering your mouth." she giggled softly in a good-natured joke. She did her best to remain cheerful but she also knew that many students didn't like peppy happy people, she also knew that Primlin was one of those people.

Primlin acknowledged the joke with a slight chuckle. She may appear heartlesss, but at least she had humor.
"I overheard some students talking about a class of yours that uses blades. I'm always looking to improve in my battle style, so I was thinking of signing up for it." She said, speaking up just a little to be heard better.

Luna smiled. "Sure, but this class isn't just about blades. it's all about technique, don't be discouraged if you fail. It just means you need more time." she smiled at her, "My class goes on over the weekends. Just a few hours usually on Saturday afternoons. We'll start in a couple weeks. I want you all to get adjusted to your classes first. No sense in tiring you out right away."

"Heh... good point. It has been a while since I challenged myself, I hope this class is all it's hyped up to be." Primlin said with a small smirk. She knew the smirk couldn't be seen, but that was fine. She turned around, ready to go to her dormatory. "By the way... is there any class for demon hunting? I may already do it as a job, but there's no reason I can't go and take a class for it."

"Like....physical or banishment spells? Because we don't have anyone to teach how to fight a demon with weapons....but we've got some clerics in the House of Healers that deal with banishing spells and holy magicks." Luna answered, "Demons are a bit...difficult. If anything using a blessed weapon is your best bet."

Primlin looked at Luna ovrr her shoulder. "Blessed hm? I can't say blessed weapons would stay blessed in my hands." She said, her eyes taking on a faraway look for a second. "Perhaps one day I could teach combat techniques for demon hunting, one without banishment spells or blessed weapons." She almost sounded ticked off and mournful at the same time when she said blessed. She nodded at Luna, beginning to walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.