Here's to hoping I've found a new home. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jarred

Original poster
Let's see, how do I avoid writing some boring text wall that nobody wants to read, as it's about myself? Fancy colors? Images galore? Maybe in the future...

I'm Jarred. Most of my information can be found in the profile and RP Resume that I actually filled out before posting here. I'm 19 and reading/writing is one of my favorite pastimes. A friend of mine told me about this place a long time ago, and while I've browsed here and there, I never actually made an account until tonight.

I'm hoping to have found a home to let my creative juices flow, as well as maybe a place to meet a few new friends that share the same interests as me. I've RPed on Twitter, but never actually on a message board like this one, so I imagine getting used to the format may take a while.

I love anime, and RPs concerning them. I've mostly RPed in the Fairy Tail fandom and I'm looking to broaden horizons, as I can't seem to find partners to satiate my descriptive tastes. I'm open and willing to role play whatever there is, and my writing range encompasses pretty much anything. So here's a toast to meeting new friends and prospective new partners, to good times, and maybe even some bad ones (yes I can be cynical sometimes), but that is neither here nor there.

I hope my mono-color, sappy drivel didn't bore you too much... Feel free to inbox or get in touch with me about anything and everything...!

*falls asleep somewhere in the middle of the wall of text* Zzzzzz

Nah, I'm kidding xD I read through the entire wall of text because I'm actually a lover of walls of texts, even if there are no fancy flashing colors or nice/pretty looking pictures ^o^

Welcome to Iwaku Jared! :D

Usually this is the place where I'd tell you to check out the Newbie Care Package, but I can see that you're a couple of steps ahead of me and have already done so xD But even with a mentor/guide, don't be scared to ask an intern (light blue names and banners) or a staff (red names and banners) for any help should the time come. We love to help you, and since this is your first forum based RP site, I'm sure it can get a bit confusing, especially since Iwaku is pretty big ^^

Feel free to check out Getting Started ! since it'll make Iwaku just the tiniest bit of less confusing to you (I hope at the very least ^^;) Iwaku may seem big and intimidating at first, but I swear to you it really isn't that bad once you get used to it ^^

Also if your creative juices ever wanna show off feel free to post it in the Getting Started ! section as that's literally what it's for, for showing off what you can do xD <3 It doesn't need to be art, we're open for poetry and writing in general! :D <3

Keep poking around Iwaku though! I can't wait to see your name pop up around in the forums and for you to broaden your interests in RPing, though I'm sure you'll find many with the interest of Fairy Tail that you already have! I've seen a few too actually ^^!

Have a welcoming cookie, and then I wish you happy writing! :D

Reactions: Jarred
Thank you, @CrystalTears! I'm already glad that I decided to make the account. I may just go and showcase some of my "skills." Would it be wrong of me to post the sample I put on my resume? I actually sort of like it. It was a simple reply to a NaLu RP on Twitter...

But I think it does well to accurately represent the type of writing I've grown accustomed to, but then again, I suppose that can change at any time, depending on the quality of the partners in which I RP, no?

I've already been browsing the Getting Started forum and whatnots (I would have used the BBCode to link that, but it's been a while so I'm rusty and it's 3:00AM), but since you're the first blue name that's responded to me, best believe I will be bugging the crap out of you at some point...!

Cue the intrigued expression from my favorite character ever.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PoetLore
Thank you, @CrystalTears! I'm already glad that I decided to make the account. I may just go and showcase some of my "skills." Would it be wrong of me to post the sample I put on my resume? I actually sort of like it. It was a simple reply to a NaLu RP on Twitter...

But I think it does well to accurately represent the type of writing I've grown accustomed to, but then again, I suppose that can change at any time, depending on the quality of the partners in which I RP, no?

I've already been browsing the Getting Started forum and whatnots (I would have used the BBCode to link that, but it's been a while so I'm rusty and it's 3:00AM), but since you're the first blue name that's responded to me, best believe I will be bugging the crap out of you at some point...!

Cue the intrigued expression from my favorite character ever.

There's nothing wrong with that! :D I think most people use one of their replies as a writing sample on their role play resume actually ^^ Personally I haven't put up a writing sample (I'm terrible at making decisions xD) but if I were to do so, I would totally up a reply I have already written, shows my writing skills without having to think not something up in the heat of the moment ^^ Nothing wrong with that! :D

Oh bug me all you want xD I love being. . . That's sounds weird. . . But I like being of help? I also love to chat xD I'm quite the chatterbox, so I really don't mind just chatting it up with something stupid either xD so go ahead! Bother me all you like! ^o^

Aw. . . That picture is cute. . . I like it <3 He looks more embarrassed than intrigued though :x maybe he's like. . . Intrigued, but too embarrassed to admit it so it turns into a mix xD

Who knows? *cue mystic music*

There's nothing wrong with that! :D I think most people use one of their replies as a writing sample on their role play resume actually ^^ Personally I haven't put up a writing sample (I'm terrible at making decisions xD) but if I were to do so, I would totally up a reply I have already written, shows my writing skills without having to think not something up in the heat of the moment ^^ Nothing wrong with that! :D

Oh bug me all you want xD I love being. . . That's sounds weird. . . But I like being of help? I also love to chat xD I'm quite the chatterbox, so I really don't mind just chatting it up with something stupid either xD so go ahead! Bother me all you like! ^o^

Aw. . . That picture is cute. . . I like it <3 He looks more embarrassed than intrigued though :x maybe he's like. . . Intrigued, but too embarrassed to admit it so it turns into a mix xD

Who knows? *cue mystic music*
Mhmmm...! Looks like I'll be PMing you lmao.

• Love
Reactions: CrystalTears
Welcome to Iwaku, Jarred. :-) Hoping you found your new home, too :-) Happy roleplaying!

Welcome to iwaku, Jared. Check out PARTNER CONNECTIONS to start your RP search and get started writing some amazing stories. There are all sorts of different types of partners here so have fun searching. You can even narrow down by clicking on the tags. Enjoy the site!

Welcome Jarred! I thought your introduction was very well done and yes, I did read the entire thing!

I'm sure you're going to find that a lot of people are looking for one on one partners, for all kinds of pairing and plots! Good luck and have fun bugging CrystalTears!

Welcome to Iwaku, Jarred. I hope you find us a home where you can find many friends, as well. It may take a little getting used to, but once you get into the swing of it, it's easy to catch on, no worries! I enjoy Fairy Tail, myself, and am in the process of maybe starting up a new fandom RP, though after so long doing Fairy Tail fandom RP I can totally get the desire to expand your horizons! Good luck here and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Love
To be welcomed with open arms...

*closes eyes and rests head against the back of his seat, exhaling a sigh of relief, only to mutter one more word...

Bliss...

:: Also, it seems I may be having to get in touch with you, @firejay1

Status
Not open for further replies.