Here's a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way your sentence read was a little off, so I figured you were making a joke with part of it.

Not this time.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
What do you do when you really can't get along with the GM of an RP you really enjoy?
Since it hasn't been brought up yet, I'd like to point out that the person in question can very easily stumble on threads like this and make the conversation very awkward. That, or people like me who just happen to know exactly who you are talking about.

Because I know more about this situation, I'd also like to bring up that a lot of your disconnects with the GM are the result of your brutal honesty, and how seldom you give her signs that you are enjoying the RP. I think if you more expressed the things you enjoyed as much as you expressed the things you are critical of, this clash of personalities would be a lot less pronounced.

• Thank You
Reactions: Adelaide
Stop stalking my posts, Kad.

LEAVE IT. OH GOD JUST LEAVE IT. LET IT GO!

Even if the roleplay is freaking awesome, those bad feelings eventually will taint your experience and make things a huge pain in the ass. EVEN if you're being mature about things and everyone is behaving. Little aggressions and problems always have a way of slipping out, even if it's just you ranting to a coplayer. And I can tell you, you coplayers and friends don't wanna listen to you complaining about it, especially if they don't have any problems with the GM or roleplay. (I have been in SO MANY of these situations and it's really frustrating. ;_;)

And even if you never complain or show any aggression yourself, you're still just torturing yourself slowly. D: That is how people turn in to bitter psychos. Never force yourself to interact with someone you dun like.
This is valid too.
Hell it's probably the safer option since you're removing yourself from it instantly.

Though note it does mean giving less RP's that much of a chance to begin with.

I'd also like to bring up that a lot of your disconnects with the GM are the result of your brutal honesty, and how seldom you give her signs that you are enjoying the RP. I think if you more expressed the things you enjoyed as much as you expressed the things you are critical of, this clash of personalities would be a lot less pronounced.
This is also important.
Make sure dialogue is clear, from both positive and negative thoughts.

Positive so people feel valued, appreciated etc.
Negative so people are at least aware.
I hit too many cases where someone chose to keep their dislike of me to themselves, only to have it explode later, or for them pull it as if it was said a long (normally on these cases they were using passive tone to suggest it... Rarely works when you're method of communication is text).

Though both still need to be said maturely and respectfully, if you're just being cruel/dickish about it then you're honestly sabotaging the RP and need to leave.

Leaving is the better option. But if you were to leave, you should at least inform the people in the roleplay about leaving. It would be pretty selfish for a person to keep the people in the roleplay waiting and guessing whether this guy would continue his post. That one act of not informing might end the roleplay in confusion despite the fact that everyone else wants the roleplay to continue.

Leaving is the better option. But if you were to leave, you should at least inform the people in the roleplay about leaving. It would be pretty selfish for a person to keep the people in the roleplay waiting and guessing whether this guy would continue his post. That one act of not informing might end the roleplay in confusion despite the fact that everyone else wants the roleplay to continue.
I made my departure official, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.