Here have a whole mass of stupid questions.

M

Melia

Original poster
I've noticed some people have been able to embed pictures in posts and I want to know how to do that. Whenever I try to add a picture, it comes out very small, much smaller than the original. Can someone tell me how to do that? Or give me a link that explains how to do that? There's all these buttons up there that do things and I don't really understand what they do or how to use them. :/

#justan00b

Re: How do I add larger pictures to posts?

maybe someone can answer this question for me too. How come whenever I've been posting a blog lately it double posts that blog? The last two I've written it does that.

also I apparently accidentally rate threads and I don't even know how I've gone and done that. I got all excited about one of mine I was like oh my gosh someone rated my thread five stars and then I saw it was me who rated it and I was like when did I do that because I'm pretty sure I didn't. And I don't even know what I did.

ugh. don't judge my technological ineptness please...

What is the difference between a user note and a blog?

Let's just make this thread the "answer all of Melia's questions thread"

assuming someone comes along to answer them.

What is the difference between a user note and a blog?

Let's just make this thread the "answer all of Melia's questions thread"

assuming someone comes along to answer them.

I don't have an answer for everything else, but this one is easy, user note is a note the administration has on your account. If you click on my profile you'll see I have one user note, it says "Imported user" this is because I was on Iwaku before the current board/server and the Admins imported my account. It's not used very often.

I don't have an answer for everything else, but this one is easy, user note is a note the administration has on your account. If you click on my profile you'll see I have one user note, it says "Imported user" this is because I was on Iwaku before the current board/server and the Admins imported my account. It's not used very often.
Ohh okay. How come I have the option to write a user note for myself? or for someone else? I haven't tried though, maybe I can't actually do that. But it looks like I can.

I've noticed some people have been able to embed pictures in posts and I want to know how to do that. Whenever I try to add a picture, it comes out very small, much smaller than the original. Can someone tell me how to do that? Or give me a link that explains how to do that? There's all these buttons up there that do things and I don't really understand what they do or how to use them. :/

#justan00b

I'm not really familiar with Iwaku's built-in image uploader because I rarely use it; I personally use Photobucket. It has an in-built image editor, and all you need to do is use [ img ] [ /img ] tags to embed the pictures into your posts.

So yeah, I'd personally recommend giving that a go, see if it solves your issues.

I'm not really familiar with Iwaku's built-in image uploader because I rarely use it; I personally use Photobucket. It has an in-built image editor, and all you need to do is use [ img ] [ /img ] tags to embed the pictures into your posts.

So yeah, I'd personally recommend giving that a go, see if it solves your issues.
Thanks!

No problem. Moving on to some of your other questions...

maybe someone can answer this question for me too. How come whenever I've been posting a blog lately it double posts that blog? The last two I've written it does that.

This sounds like it could be a bug; I'd recommend submitting it to the Bug Report thread so our techie folks can have a look.

I think I've figured out how I've been rating random threads. It happens whenever I use my phone to come on here. Though I have no idea what it is I'm hitting or doing to cause me to rate threads, but there it is. I mean, I guess that's fine Ive been rating random threads with 5 stars, but it does tend to make me look a bit narcissistic because it's the threads I go on the most that end up getting the ratings, and those are the ones I'm rping on. Just trying to maintain my semblance of a social status. Ha.

From what I know, accidentally rating things sounds kind of difficult. The option to rate is at the top of the thread and requires selecting a rating and clicking "Vote now", which pops up a notification saying that your vote has been added.... o__.

I'm managing to do it from my phone though. And I can't even figure out how to rate things from my phone... I don't even know. But it's happening.