Here Be Dragons

(Also Tide and Luna are so cute I can't get over them >w< )

After a few minutes, Triston slowed to a stop and leaned against a tree. "So, uh . . . which of us is going to be the one to try and call our dragons back? Looks like they're having way too much fun," he added, pointing at the pair with a smile.

The aqua colored dragon chirped victoriously and fanned his wings, pretending to have won a great battle. Then he nudged Luna's cheek and leapt into the sky to invite her to play a game of tag. His eyes sparkled, and he swished his tail without a care in the world.

(tide and Luna be relationship goals 😂)

Lambi stopped when the other did, curious why they stopped. Until he pointed to something, making him look to the dragon pair. "Well I'm sure I could call Luna back, she always comes back," he commented,"But I might feel bad ending their little play fight.."

Luna rolled over to get up when tide nudged her, happy to see him looking victorious. When the other leapt into the sky however she looked towards her rider unsure, worried to go too far from him. But...he was with Triston so he should be safe, a little reluctant she flew up to join him.

"I'm not in a rush. Why don't we just sit and watch them for a bit? You can rest your ankle and arm, and I can rest my head," Triston added, smiling and flopping down in the soft grass. "No one else is here. We don't have to be as alert as normal, right?"

Even though he was in the air, Tide stayed close to his rider. He glanced down to check on him every few minutes when he wasn't focusing on performing a twirl or diving through clouds. And while he still allowed himself to explore a little, he stayed within Triston's sight at all times to watch over him.

Lambi couldn't disagree with that, sitting down did sound nice. "That's a...fair point, should give you head a chance to rest," he was easily swayed by that, sitting down quietly next to the other. "You know those two are going to be inseparable now," he laughed as he watched the fly. After awhile he moved to be laying down in the grass, eyes occasionally fluttering closed for a few seconds at a time.

Seeing Lambi sit down Luna relaxed a little, but stuck where she could see him. She chirped at tide before taking off, flying up into the clouds quickly before diving back down. As a light fury she was incredibly fast and her white scales reflected the light as he flew. Her favorite place to fly was up above the clouds, it was so fluffy. But she stuck close to tide as she played in the clouds. Shooting a small plasma ball at some clouds made the cloud drift apart into smaller clouds.

Triston chuckled softly and wrapped his arms around his legs, relaxing in the cool shade of the tree. "That's all right," he said at last. "I think maybe we are, too." He blushed a little and averted his gaze with a smile. And when he realized Lambi was on the verge of falling asleep, he scooted a little closer and kept on the alert, determined to protect the other even though there was nothing dangerous around at the moment.

Tide watched with interest as Luna shot the clouds apart. After a few moments of watching, he began chasing after the clouds, swatting at them with his tail to make them dissipate. Then he noticed Lambi falling asleep and chirped at Luna to alert her.

Lambi glanced at triston from where he laid, smiled seeing the other watching the dragons before looking back up. His comment made him blush but...he couldn't deny it. "I'd say that we might count as that...we haven't been apart much since we met," he blushed more thinking about that,"I'm glad I met you..." The smile stayed on his face as he slowly drifted off to sleep. Feeling the other scoot closer to him he rolled over in his sleep, curling up a little close to the other.

Luna chirped a bit as she shot some more clouds for the tide glider to play with. She paused when he chirped turning to look down at her human. Seeing Lambi sleeping close to Triston, and immediately looked back at Tide to smile. Almost as if he was saying FINALLYYY. She tried to be quiet now as she flew a bit away so she wouldn't risk waking her riding. The fury had never seen the other so comfortable around someone that he fell asleep.

(AwwwWwwW it's so cute!!)

"Me, too," Triston murmured. When Lambi drifted off to sleep, he gently ran a hand through the boy's hair, sighing gently. He looked so peaceful. And if they'd been at Capper's home or the stables, Triston might have joined him in a nap. As it was, he turned his attention to the surroundings, faithfully guarding the boy at his side.

It was one or two hours later that Tide finally returned from playing with Luna. He slithered over to Triston across the grass, dramatically flopping over and panting with a cheerful chirp.

Triston giggled. "Maybe you ought to take a nap too, huh? No worries. I'll guard everyone. Get some sleep."

Tide licked him gratefully and closed his eyes, curling up around Triston and Lambi with a soft huff. Then he, too, began drifting off.

(I fucking love these boiiis aweee)

Lambi smiled in his sleep when the other ran a hand through his hair, leaning into the touch. He stayed close to Triston as he slept, nothing stirring him for the next two hours. When Luna was finally tired she landed with Tide, trotting over to the sleeping rider and Triston. She chirped at him and without hesitation she curled up opposite of Tide so that the two dragons encompassed them.

Luna fell asleep quickly, her breathing quiet as she slept. Lambi was quiet as he nuzzled a bit more into the other's side. Only when the wind picked up a little, making him cold did he stir a bit. "Hm..wh..what? Did I...fall asleep?" he asked groggily, clearly not awake yet and didn't attempt to move away from Triston. The other was warm and he was still a bit too tired to notice how close he was to him.

((Yessss ^^))

Triston chuckled and took his cloak off, wrapping it over Lambi like a blanket. "Yeah. I don't blame you, it's been a long few days. Don't worry. Tide and I are standing guard. You can get some more rest if you want."

Tide chuffed in agreement and craned his neck around, giving both Lambi and Luna a few gentle licks to preen them. Then he licked Triston in the face and smiled.

"Aack! Tide, not my eyes!" Triston spluttered, laughing. "You goof."

Tide tumbled a laugh and went back to guarding the group, scanning the area around him calmly.

(they're so sweet we are going to get cavities)

Lambi smiled when he felt something being draped over him. It was so warm he instinctively hugged it close to him. "Been awhile since I've taken a nap like this," he yawned still feeling pretty groggy, he was enjoying the nap. The suddenly licking made him laugh as he turned to try and hide his face. "Ooooo your tongue is cold Tide!" which made sense given the other was a water dragon but he was unused to it. Luna laughed before going to lick her rider's hair for fun. "You two are like little rascals!" in his attempt to protect his face from being licked he ended up pressing his face more into the other's side.

(Worth it! ^^)

Triston blushed, but he didn't draw attention to how close Lambi was or try to push him away. He only smiled and chuckled. "Hide in the cloak, it'll protect you," he teased, pulling the cloak playfully over Lambi's face.

But Tide wasn't about to let anyone fall asleep now. Having rested, he was in a playful mood. He took the edge of the cloak and yanked it off of Lambi before slithering off a short distance. Then he gazed back at the group, swishing his tail and trying to invite them to chase him.

(definitely 😂)

Lambi laughed as the other pulled the cloak over his face. "Triston the knight in shining armor providing me with a shield," he teased playfully. He seemed to realize just how close he was to the other, cheeks flushing immediately but he was glad the cloak hid the blush from Triston. That was until suddenly the cloak was pulled off, he looked around confused before spotting tide. "Hey! That's not fair, cloak thief," he laughed as he got up, he wasn't planning on getting up yet but now he was up. He moved to follow the tide glider away from the group. Luna, curious what was happening, lifted her head up before seeing Lambi was with tide. Feeling he was safe and close still she rolled, ending up on Triston's legs a little.

"Don't worry, Lambi! I'll help you get it - hey!" Triston protested, laughing when Luna weighed his legs down with her head. He shrugged and grinned. "Sorry, Lambi. You're on your own this time. Uh - but watch your ankle, okay? Take it easy!" he called out after the boy.

Tide's eyes sparkled when he realized Lambi had taken the bait. He chirped and slithered through the grass and bushes, staying just out of the rider's reach. Then he disappeared into a log.

Or tried to. The log barely hid the tip of his snout. But Tide was convinced he was hidden, and he wriggled happily with his wings flapping.

Lambi turned to look back, seeing that Luna had tapped the other. "It's alright, I'll be fine!" he smiled at him as he hurried after tide, not able to really run that well. Just as he got close to tide the dragon slithered off. "You're such a sneaky quick guy!" he laughed as he followed him even further from the other two. Seeing he was hiding he laughed as he went up to the lower half of his body, poking him a little with his foot. "Boo!" he laughed,"You're not that sneaky little bud!" Luna stayed put on Triston, half falling asleep.

Tide lurched in surprise and cooed, leaping upward into the air. He turned around to find Lambi was the one who had poked him. He snorted and dropped the cloak onto Lambi before diving into another nearby bush to hide again. Then there was the sound of soft chuffing that sounded like a laugh.

"He could be if he wanted to," Triston said, laughing and resting his arms and head on Luna. "But he's not doing a great job of showing it. At least you got the cloak back!"

Lambi couldn't help laughing at how tide jumped in surprise. "Thrawted your plans to spook me didn't I!?" he saw Tide snort and laughed more. When the dropped the cloak on him though the weight of it threw him off a little, throwing him off balance. He corrected himself but his ankle was definitely feeling the burn from that. Hearing Triston he smiled," I think he needs to take sneaky lessons from Luna!" He followed the glider in the direction he saw him go, towards the bushes.

Luna half watched Lambi but was mostly sleeping, knowing he was fine. Being a light fury they were known for being fast and able to hide. Her scales could reflect light, and if she wanted to she could camouflage anywhere, though the sky was the best place for it.

But Tide's merriment ended almost at once when he saw Lambi walk a little differently. He dropped back to the ground and slithered over, his ear fins perking in worry. The dragon reached out to sniff Lambi's ankle before giving it a gentle lick, as a form of apology; then he curled up around Lambi so the boy could lean against him.

Triston sat up a bit more and looked on with furrowed brows. He knew what those actions meant. "Lambi? You okay?" he called out. He clicked his tongue softly and petted Luna's head. "Luna, can I get up a second?"

Lambi was surprised to see tide come out from the bushes. "Awe done with hide and seek already?" he had thought he covered up the pain well but the tide glider saw right through him. Feeling the other lick his ankle he moved to pet his head, glad for the offer to lean against something. "Hey it's ok, not your fault I just didn't correct my balance very well," he tried to reassure the glider before Triston saw but it was already too late.

Luna lifted her head when Triston asked her too, moving off him when she noticed why. With a quiet huff she moved over to her rider, sniffing at him to see what was wrong. Lambi laughed but clearly didn't want to put any weight on his foot right now. "I'm ok, I just failed to balance myself right and put a bit too much weight on my ankle," he reassured Triston, hoping he had a good poker face, he wasn't the best liar.

Triston raised an eyebrow and ambled over. He noticed Lambi wasn't putting weight on the ankle, but decided not to mention it for now. "Huh. Well, as long as we're all up, why don't we fly to Capper's place and invite him home? We might as well go now while we have the advantage of daylight."

Plus, a long flight to Capper's would give Lambi a chance to rest his ankle without anyone drawing attention to it. But Triston figured he could leave that part unsaid.

Lambi could tell Luna didn't buy his poker face but she didn't push it. Only moved closer before laying down so it would be easier for him to get on. "That's a fair point, best to get there while there's daylight, Luna doesn't like flying in the dark," she could do it well she just didn't like it. Smiling at Tide he hoped the glider didn't still feel guilty about his ankle. Moving he climbed onto Luna, which was easy since she was laying down. "I'm assuming my mom is going to want to move the Hobblegrunt herd to the new island. Their current one is in a bad state and then the whole dragon hunters popping up," he frowned,"Not safe for them anymore."