Here Be Dragons

"He won't get another shot with me around," Triston promises.

His progress back to Lady Bluebell's house is slow; he keeps pausing to make sure Lambi is okay. But at long last, the boys reach the home. Their dragons have already arrived. And when Triston and Lambi come limping forward, Tide roars excitedly and rushes over to lick both boys.

Triston giggles and playfully pushes him away. "Good to see you, too, buddy. Now we just have to talk to Lambi's mom . . ." He helps Lambi toward the door and knocks a few times. "Lady Bluebell?" he calls. "It's Triston and Lambi. We're back."

Lambi sighed quietly as the continued walking through the town, luckily without more incident. "Thanks for being willing to protect me if he shows up again," he smiled at Triston as they walked to his house. It took...awhile due to his ankle but eventually they made it back. The shorter male was definitely sore now but glad to be home. Seeing the dragons he laughed, accepting Tide's licks before seeing Luna. The light fury gestured her head to Grim's stable...where there was no Grim. "That's odd..."he mumbled, heading inside when there was no response. Not a sound inside either, confused he walked around until he found a note. "Hm...my mom's left to catch out another island apparently...she must've been unable to make it back with the storm. Grim hates flying in storms like this," his cheeks flushed a little bit when that meant he and Triston were alone for the night.

Triston nearly collapses in relief. "So she won't chew me out for bringing you home late? Sweet." He smiles and relaxes, heaving a deep breath as he pulls open the front door for Lambi. "In that case, if your mother was here, where would she tell me to sleep?"

Tide pulls gently at Triston's cloak, staring at him with puppy eyes. Triston chuckles and strokes his nose. "Aww, buddy. I know we usually sleep together, but . . ." He leans in and whispers. "Maybe you'll get to be in a stable near Luna?"

Tide instantly brightens and flaps his wings, chirring happily.

"That's the spirit!" Triston says. "Luna, could you show Tide where to sleep?"

Lambi could physically see the other relax and could help laughing as he moved slowly around the house to close up the windows. "She'll never even know I was home late so you're in the clear," he smiled as he made sure each window was shut up tight. When he asked when she would tell him to sleep he laughed. "Probably out in the stables," he joked playfully,"But she's not here which means I get to say...hm...there's not really a guest room now that I think about it," they literally never had guests,"Um...my bed is really big? I-I know its a bit weird but it's better than the floor," his cheeks where bright red now.

Luna was sitting nearby watching her rider's obvious fumbling with his words around Triston. She completely missed what Triston whispered to tide but perked up when he asked her to show them where they could sleep. The light fury chirped at tide before she began leading the way outside. Her stable was right next to Grim's and was big enough to accomate tide as well.

Triston blushes bright red. Lambi wanted to share a bed? With him? "I - I . . . I'm okay with it as long as you are. I mean - I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable. But it would be nice to sleep in a bed. Um - are you sure you're okay with it?" he stammers, rubbing the back of his neck.

Unlike Triston, Tide has no hesitations about sharing a sleeping space. He flops down next to Luna and curls up with a wide yawn, shuffling his wings as he gets more comfortable, and after only a few moments he's fast asleep.

Lambi saw the other's bright red face and immediately blushed more. Was he making the other uncomfortable by offering this? "W-Well I um...i would feel better knowing you're sleeping on a bed and not the floor..."he admitted,"You literally saved my life today, the least I can do is let you sleep on a bed.." He would feel awful if he made Triston sleep on the floor especially after all he had done for him today.

Luna let tide get comfortable as she heated up the rock underneath her. Furies liked warm places where they slept which is why they frequently blasted the rocks under them so they would stay warm for a bit. It wasn't long before she was also asleep.

With that, Triston's eyes sparkle, and he smiles and nods. "Then sharing a bed sounds great!" he decides. He sets his bag and cloak aside, folding them neatly and putting them in a corner of the living room. Then he follows Lambi to where the bed is and hops into it with a deep sigh. "Wow. I forgot how soft these are."

Tide isn't quite as picky about temperature. But the warmth of the rocks draws him closer, and he instinctively folds a wing over Luna. He yawns widely and lays still again.

Lambi smiled when Triston didn't seem uncomfortable with his suggestion. He led him into his room before walking away for a bit to get rid of some of his clothes. Just enough off so he wouldn't be suffocating at night. Coming back he laughed a little at Triston as he climbed onto his bed. "I definitely don't take it for granted that's for sure, beds are no joke," he laughs as he layers down as well.

Luna felt tide shift closer and stayed where she was. Happy to let him join her on her now warm rock ground. The light fury dozed off quickled with tide's wing folded over her.

Triston beams and snuggles beneath the covers, heaving a deep, content sigh. "Thanks for sharing your bed. G'night, Lambi," he says softly. Half of him wants to pull Lambi into a hug, but he doesn't want to push the boy's boundaries. So he stays on one side and slowly starts to drift off to sleep.

By morning, Triston's arm and one leg are hanging off the bed. He's sprawled out across part of the mattress and snoring softly.

Tide's up early as usual. He stretches and rumbles, shaking his wings out. Then he sniffs around to try and find something to ea for breakfast.

Lambi smiled as he curled up on his side of the bed. "Thanks for saving me," he laughed before yawning quietly, "Goodnight...see you in the morning," with that he had fallen asleep. Most of the night he stayed still on his side but after awhile his body got sore. While moving around to find a better spot he bumped Triston. All his body knew was hey that thing is warm, get closer. And that's the story of how he ended up curled up right next to Triston, head almost resting on the other.

Luna woke up when she felt tide, watching him move around. Noticing he was looking for food she chirped to get his attention. Before moving to get up and lead him towards a nearby fishing hole. Seeing as she loved fish this had quickly become her favorite and msot visited spot on the island.

((Awwwww ^^))

It's only when the sunlight shines into his eyes that Triston finally starts waking up. He yawns widely and stretches, nearly falling off the bed in the process. Then he feels someone against him. It's not Tide; they're far too small. All at once he remembers where he is. He blinks and glances over to find Lumi pressed up against him; he can't help but smile.

He scoots back onto the bed, pulling Lumi into a gentle hug and letting his eyes slip closed. Five more minutes of rest couldn't hurt. Especially since Lumi's mother might murder him for sharing a bed.

Tide slithers along after Luna, flicking his tongue out when he catches the scent of fish. He tilts his head at the hole and examines it. Then he nods and dives straight in, disappearing to the depths of the hole. A few minutes later, he returns with a huge bass, laying it gently at Luna's paws with an excited chuff.

(Lambi be a sweet bean 😂)

Lambi yawned quietly in his sleep, still tired from the night before. The other was a pretty tactile person especially when he was sleeping. He naturally gravitated toward anything warm, just like Luna does. Which is how he ended up curled right up to Triston. He felt Triston moving around and mumbled a little bit. But when the other pulled him into a hug he smiled, happily staying asleep for a few more minutes. Eventually he started waking up noticing he was on something much warmer than his bed. Moving his head a little he recognized Triston and was immediately blushing. He didn't want to move away as the other was so warm...

Luna got excited as she got closer to the fishing hole, as she loved fish. When the reached it she was going to jump in but tide beat her too it. The light fury sat there quietly until he game back. The huge bass immediately had her jumping before she grabbed it, eyes lighting up. She loved fish more than anything, well not more than Lambi, but still alot.

((He is so cute and smol and good ^^))

Triston realizes Lambi's awake when the boy starts to stir, and when Lambi turns slightly to look at him, he smiles. "Good morning," he says softly. "I, uh - I guess I didn't realize I doubled as a heater. Did you sleep well?" he adds. He stretches dramatically but doesn't try to push Lambi off. "You're pretty comfortable, you know."

Tide's fins and spines perk forward as he gives a soft rumble. He's delighted Luna accepted his gift, and even more excited that she seems to like it. He dives back underwater to catch a few more fish. Once he's got a large pile sitting on the grass, he nudges it between himself and Luna so they can share it.

(he a smol precious Boi 😂)

Lambi thought Triston might still be sleeping but realized he was wrong when Triston smiled at him. He blushed even more before looking away slightly. "G-good morning...sorry you're so warm I think I might have just been drawn to you in my sleep..." he admitted, adorably flushed. He felt triston stretch but was surprised when he didn't make any moves to get Lambi to move. Deciding to see if he could stay here he also didn't move. "I slept really well, how about you?" at the mention of being comfortable he blushed more,"Hard not to be when you're so warm..."

Luna was absolutely ecstatic for some bass, she didn't catch it too often. She ate the fish happily while tide dived back in. The other gathered fish alot faster than she ever could and it wasn't long before there was a pile. She waited for him to start eating before she dug in as well, tail swishing happily.

"I slept great!" Triston says with a grin. He slowly sits up, still holding Lambi so the boy sits up with him in a hug. ". . . We should, uh, probably go check if your mom's okay, huh?" he asks. He thinks for a moment, and then smiles. "Better give me your arm. Your ankle's probably still sore, right?"

The pair of dragons quickly finish off the pile of fish. Tide licks his lips contently, and then licks his claws to get the rest of the fish off. Then he stretches and wiggles his wings before glancing at Luna with a tilted head. Normally he'd go flying with Triston early in the morning, but he's curious as to what Luna likes to do.

Lambi felt the other move to sit up, making him sit up as well. Triston was honestly warmer than Luna almost, he didn't know how anyone could be so warm. After he was up he attempted to get his hair under control, flattening it down. "Oh yeah! I think I know which island she went to so we can fly other there," he moved to get up but immediately winced. "Ok, definitely still sore," he laughed before letting Triston help him walk. It wasn't as bad as yesterday though which was good.

Luna was more than satisfied after her meal, taking one last glance at the fishing hole. Once tide was done she started leading the way back towards the house. She was rarely away from Lambi for very long but usually in the morning she would walk around and check on the other dragons and see if anyone needed her riders attention.

Tide follows after her without hesitation, his tail swishing back and forth through the tall grass. Then he catches sight of Triston leading Lambi outside and chirps loudly before rushing over to lick the pair.

"Aaack! Tide!" Triston bursts out, laughing and wiping spit off his face. He glances at Lambi and blinks. "Whoa. He must really like you! Usually I'm the only human he'll lick," he said. Then he glances around and yawns. "Now, what should we eat for breakfast . . .?"

Luna happily led him back to the house, breaking off from tide as she checked the small group of dragons they had at the house. Lambi laughed as he was attacked by the sudden licks from tide. "I'll take that as a compliment then," he laughed before slowly making his way over to start checking on and feeding some of the dragons. Hearing Triston he thought to himself for a few seconds. "Ahhh Hm well depends on what you're in the mood for," We do have some meat stored away if you want to make something with that?"

Triston's stomach rumbles, and he chuckles and nods. "Guess that's a yes from me," he says with a grin. "Tell you what. Why don't you have Tide help you feed all the dragons, and I'll cook the four of us a stew? Just show me where the meat is and I can find spices and things in the woods."

Tide slithers up up Lambi, bobbing his head in agreement and waiting for the boy to give him some instructions.

It's not long before a thick, meaty stew is boiling over the outdoor fire pit. Triston sprinkles a few more herbs in and takes a long sniff. Then he smiles and waves an arm. "Soup's on! Come and get it!" he calls out.

Lambi laughed when he heard his stomach rumble, the other must be hungry. "Can't blame you for being hungry we didn't have an eventful day yesterday," he smiled before nodding and going off to show him where the meat was. After that he lead tide over to the stables and let him help him get the food he needed to everyone. Once they were done he heard Triston and hurried over. "Oooooh that smells delicious!! What kind of herbs did you put in?"