Here Be Dragons

(I'm so sorry, I could've sworn I sent a reply to this! D: Thank you for your patience!)

Thankfully, it was a small crew, and Luna managed to kill them all. Then everything was quiet. Waves rolled lazily against the shore. The remains of the boat creaked in the water as it continued to sink.

And finally, Tide burst out of the water with Triston hanging limply from his jaws. He flew back to the shore and curled up around his rider before licking his hair to try and wake him up. Triston wasn't moving, and he had a deep gash over one eye.

(that's ok! I've been super all around with my replies as well)

Lambi was exhausted as he walked around making sure everyone was dead. It was going to take quite alot to clean this up. Or they would need to just move the dragons, might be the better choice. Seeing tide come back up he walked over to meet him, watching him be kicked by tide. "If you don't wake up soon you're going to have dragon tongue slime in your clothes for weeks," he joked. Luna moved over and lightly poked the rider with her tail.

Between the two dragons licking him, Triston slowly but surely woke up. His eyes fluttered opened before he groaned and pushed himself to his feet. At least, he tried to. As soon as he stood up he crashed back against Tide's side before holding his head and grimacing. "Ow," he muttered. He shook his head and glanced over at Lambi with glazed eyes. "H - how're we doing? How many hunters do we have to fight? Where are we?" he slurred out in a rush.

Lambi watched as the other tried to get up and immediately moved towards him. Luckily the two dragons kept the rider from falling too much. "Ooook definitely don't try standing again like that," he warned the other as he headed to Luna and started looking for something in her saddle. The other's rushed questions made him laugh a little bit. "There's nobody left to fight, we're all good just relax," he moved over with some bangages, sitting down next to Tristan. He was extra careful as he bandaged the other's head, making sure to cover the wound well.

Triston heaved a sigh of relief and sank back against the leather of Tide's saddle. "All right," he managed to say at last. Unlike when they'd first met, this time when Lambi heals his wounds, Triston doesn't attempt to move away or hide the fact he's hurt. He leaned into the boy's touch. And though he didn't say it out loud, it was the first time he didn't feel afraid of another person taking advantage of his injuries.

He knew Lambi would help him.

"Thanks," he said softly once his head was wrapped. "Did you find your mother? Is she okay? I - I didn't get a sight of her. Tide, neither. Couldn't . . . there was too much, uh - boat stuff?"

Tide tumbled in confusion and tilted his head. Apparently Triston had gotten hit harder than usual.

Lambi was glad this time he helped the other he didn't try and move away. He remembered when he fixed the injury on his arm and Triston looked like he was constantly trying to move away but couldn't. He was checking the bandage making sure it wasn't too tight when he heard his question. That made him frown a little bit, wondering how hard he hit his head exactly. "We found Phantom(I legit forgot ths name of his mom's dragon 😂) remember?" he tilted his head a bit as he tried to get a look at the other's eyes, checking to see if he hit his head too hard,"She's most likely down in the caves on this island helping the dragons."

(Pffftt same XD)

"I - I know we found Phantom," Triston says, wincing and rubbing at the bandage on his head. "I'm wondering where your mom is. Did we find her? Is she safe? She's probably near Phantom, but we can't just assume that," he pointed out. Then he cleared his throat and blinked. "Are you okay?" he added, tilting his head.

(Im honestly so bad with names haha)

Lambi looked away for a second to put his stuff back in Lunas saddle. When he turned back and saw Triston rubbing his bandage he immediately grabbed his hand to stop him. "Don't rub it you're only going to make it hurt more," he chastised him lightly. As he pointed out they hadn't found his mother yet he did feel a bit worried. "No we didn't find her yet...but it shouldn't be a long search, I can head down into the caves real quick and see if I can find her. While you, mister, stay put and don't touch your head. When he asked if he was hurt he did a once away, he had a cut on his upper right arm but it wasn't really that bad, he just needed to bandage it later. "Ahhh nope I think I'm all good! Luna did most of the fighting for me," he said with a small laugh.

Triston huffed and crosses his arms. "All right. I'll stay here and not touch my head. And when you come back, we can treat whatever injury it is you're not telling me about," he added with a smirk.

Tide rumbled softly, craning his neck around to gently nudge Lambi's arm.

"Arm, huh?" Triston asked, glancing from Tide to Lambi. "That's not so bad. It still looks functional, which is a good sign."

Satisfied that Triston knew where Lambi was hurt, Tide craned his neck again and sniffed at Luna, making sure she was safe as well.

Lambi watched him cross his arms adn returned it with an adorably stern look. "You better not touch your head, I'm putting Luna on watch duty for that, you touch you head and she gets to lick you, and light fury saliva takes ages to wash out," he double checked the other's bandage carefully before standing up. Hearing what he said he moved to argue but felt tide nudge his arm, making him wince immediately. "Tattletale," he mumbled to the dragon before walking towards the cave again, his arm didn't feel that bad so he figure he was probably fine. He wouldn't lie though his ankle's injury from yesterday was starting to act up. Jumping off Luna, even a short distance was probably not his best idea. Luna noticed tide glancing her over and moved to lift her wings, showing him she was perfectly fine, before checking over him.

Tide, too, was unharmed, and he tumbled happily on seeing Luna was as well. He fluttered his wings and wiggled on the ground to invite her to play.

"Stay close, Tide," Triston said with a laugh. "And be careful if you go in the water. There might be debris from the ship down there still." He turned his head slightly to watch Lambi disappear into the cave. Then he took a soft breath. "Actually, Tide . . . could you follow Lambi? Make sure he stays safe? I'll wait here with Luna."

The Tide Glider gave a nod and licked Luna's cheek before slithering off. He soon disappeared into the cavern as well, staying a few feet behind Lambi to give him some space.

Luna chittered a bit happily to see that tide was unharmed. But before she could return his invitation to play she remembered Lambi told her to watch Triston. She was torn for a second but didn't have to make any decisions as soon the other rider had asked tide to follow her rider. As tide left she moved to sit down across from Triston, keeping a tight watch on him to make sure he didn't try to touch the bandage. Lambi looked back when he heard something and laughed seeing tide. "So Triston put you on watch duty for me huh?" he laughed as he continued down the cave. It wasn't long until he reached a large room full of other tunnels and hobblegrunts peeking out to see who was hear. Spotting his move he moved over to explain the whole situation. Meanwhile outside the cave Phantom had curled up, intending to sleep.

Triston found himself staring back into the Light Fury's eyes. He chuckled and leaned forward, folding his arms over his knees. "So," he said softly. "Want to play a game or something? Tide enjoys fetch." He scoops up a nearby stick, waving it around to try and get Luna's attention. "Do you want it? Huh?"

Tide squeaks and chirps in delight when they finally find Lady Bluebell. Even better, she seems unharmed. He slithers forward and presses his head against her hand to ask for pets. He folds his wings and curls up peacefully near her.

Luna watched him confused when he mentioned wanting to play a game. She moved a bit closer and titled her head when he picked up a stick and started waving it around, she swished her tail quickly back and forth. Reaching his mom Lambi immediately relaxed seeing that she was alright. The two talked for a bit, his mom petting tide as they did.

"I'm going to stay here a few days to work on fixing up the island. But I need you to take a few of the worse off hobblegrunts back to the main island, I want to start moving everyone off," he nodded before going to find the few he needed. Picking up two babies he whistle for a few other younger ones to follow alone with one adult. They would adjust fine as long as they had one adult with them. Coming out of the cave his winced as one of the babies started chewing on his arm playfully. Reaching the two on the beach he laughed, "Looks like we are going to be taxis for a few adorable but mischievous little guys."

While Tide and Lambi were occupied in the caves, Triston had a great time trying to teach Luna how to play fetch. He threw the stick and grinned. "Fetch!" he burst out.

He melted when he saw the group of Hobblegrunts coming with Lambi - especially the two babies. He smiled warmly and waved. "Sounds great! I take it you found your mother and she's fine, right?" He chuckled when Tide rumbled a "yes" in reply. "Good. Now put the babies down for a second so I can clean your arm, you goof," Triston added. He rocked to his feet and strolled over, holding out a hand for Lambi to give him his arm.

Luna watched Triston and the stick intensely but was confused when he threw the stick. She looked to Triston before to the stick, getting up and moving go grab it. The light fury brought it back, carefully depositing it into the injured riders lap. Lambi played games with her but never fetch, mostly because he worried if he threw the stick too close to where a villager might be.

Lambi tried desperately to keep the two babies on his still but they were having none of it. He reached Luna with a quiet sigh, laughing at Triston expression. "Uhh yeah I did, she wants to start moving the hobble grunts off here, starting with the youngest and injured,"he had two babies in his arms and two following him. The one adult hobblegrunt was wary but followed Lambi because of the babies. He got worried when Triston stood up, moving to carefully set the babies down. Luna, seeing the babies, hurried over and sat so she could make sure they didn't try and wander off. Seeing they were fine Lambi moved over to Triston, wincing a tad bit due to his leg. "You shouldn't be standing so soon, your head is still all wonky," he pouted a bit at the other worried but held his arm out to him obediently. The shorter male had a decently deep gash on his arm, it would probably leave a scar but nothing too bad.

Tide, too, slithered over to the babies and gave each one a gentle lick. Then he curled up nearby to keep an eye on them. He'd never been a father before, but caring for Triston had implanted the instincts in him for years.

"I'll be fine," Triston said with a gentle chuckle. He carefully pulled up the sleeve on Lambi's arm, nodding slowly. ". . . Doesn't look too bad. Might leave a scar, though. Tide, c'mere."

The Tide Glider lifted his head before slithering over to the pair. He gently gave Lambi's wound a few licks to clean it. Then he returned to watch the babies.

Triston smiled and wiped off the rest of the spit before wrapping gauze around the place. "Not all dragon spit is clean, I know. But Tide Glider spit is almost as good as antiseptic. Cleans wounds really well. I learned that from experience." He closed the bandage and met Lambi's eyes, smiling. "Ready to go?"

Luna mostly watched the babies with a hawk eye, she grew up with Lambi and was often left alone with him. So she was good at making sure babies stayed out of trouble. Everyone one wandered a bit too far she'd pick it up with her teeth and put it back. Lambi watched Triston as he checked out the cut, figuring it wasn't that bad. "Told ya I was fine, just nicked me is all," when tide came over he didn't have time to protest before he was licking the wound, wincing a bit. Once he was done he looked at his arm surprised,"Now I'll have to make a note of that, Luna's spit is the last thing you want on you. Takes ages to wash out." He looked up when the other was done, accidentally meeting his gaze which made him blush and look away. "U-um yeah I'm pretty much ready. I figured tide could carry the adult hobble grunt and one of the babies could sit in your lap," he suggested,"Then Luna can carry two babies and the last one will sit on my lap." He moved over to the hobblegrunt adult, who was purple at the moment, running a hand over its snout gently to try and reassure her. One of her wings was bandaged up, making her unable to fly.

"Sounds good to me," Triston agreed, his smile widening a bit when he realized he'd made Lambi blush. He carefully climbed onto Tide's saddle and strapped himself in. "All right! All aboard!" he called out.

Tide craned his neck around to gently lift one of the baby Hobblegrunts and set it into Triston's lap. Then he glanced up at the adult and chuffed a few times, spreading his wings to invite her on.

Triston carefully secured a spare saddle strap around the baby, just in case it jumped off or tried to fly away. "Let's get everybody home, huh? The faster I can go lie down, the better."

Lambi walked with the adult hobble grunt, letting her know it was ok as she carefully climbed onto tide. Making sure the baby was settled on Triston he moved over to Luna, Two of the babies were already chewing on luna's saddle. Seeing he was ready to go she moved to easily hold one of the babies in her front paws. Lambi decided the other two could fit on his lap easily, grabbing them before climbing on. "Alright you two...let's try and not get me killed on the flight home," one baby curled up happily in his lap. The other, well it immediately moved to climb up lambi, plopping himself on the other's shoulder.

With a laugh he looked at Triston,"I'm all ready, best we take it easy flying back no fancy turns or anything." That was more for Triston than the babies, he didn't want him pushing it with that head. With that Luna took off but made sure she was flying slower than usual so that tide wouldn't need to push himself to keep up. As they flew Lambi would occasionally look back to see how Triston was faring