Rei Arias
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rei was simply glad she heard him throughout the whole chaos. Perhaps slightly amazed. At that, even though she couldn't see his face a relieved smile came upon his face. In attempts to calm her cries he would have simply hugged her tighter but it seemed the rest of his body refused to cooperate. His voice was calm and soft, "If it will make you feel better I won't look anymore, but let me-" He took a deep breath, "Warn you it's hard to do when you're so beautiful all the time. If I were you I'd be self conceited and wouldn't give anyone any time of day. I lucked out huh?" At that he chuckled despite the atmosphere left by all the chaos. At her reply he froze before his voice seemed a bit colder despite his efforts to keep it light, "Monster? Some people might think you look like one but the whole world is full of them. I think a monster is truly defined by..." He took another shaky breath, although it seemed a bit hesitant. "The actions produced by an individual. There's more of them out there than you think and don't think for a second you're one of them. Heck, you might be a saint compared to them."

He closed his eyes and furrowed his brows. His tone seemed to switch just for a moment, it was a bit more raw or husky then usual. "If I hadn't left you again none of this would have happened. I'm sorry. I can't promise it won't occur once more." It sounded rehearsed. It probably was rehearsed. Not in front of the mirror but more like he said it way more than he would have liked. He pushed the call off and what happened? He made a girl cry, then again that was the worst of his problems. "I'm going to let go now. Please don't try to move. I wouldn't want you to injure yourself on glass or any loose pieces around." He'd "make it all better" or one would have said. Something he hadn't always had the chance to do. It tore him apart to see Cora in such a state. He took a deep breath before his usual smile appeared on his face once again and he turned to Shen.

"Thank you for the trouble, it seems the miss didn't receive any injures. Just more than frightened. If possible I'd like to get her back on campus as soon as possible given her state and the fact that after all this stress instead of being of any use she may collapse or worse." Rei gave a deep bow before making direct eye contact with Shen. "I am Rei..." His voice trailed off before he continued. "Rei Arias, and you are? If possible I'd like to locate the owner of this establishment to settle any things required due to the damage as quietly and quickly as possible along with check with the victims of this incident." He internally cursed realizing the impact that it might have on social media due to this incident. "Due to my reputation I'd preferred it if the miss wasn't seen anywhere near me if I could so trouble you." Rei's eyes narrowed, "Although I don't think you're in a state to be questioning our health, if you don't mind me saying." He placed one finger in his ear to get rid of the irritating feeling blossoming in his ears, flicking a speck of blood out suddenly realizing the ringing in his ears. This was going to be a long day.

Interactions:

Cora Kitonobe x @IceQueen
Shen x @Yuuki_Tatsunohi
(Yuuki with one less u, a reference to our conversation in Discord)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @xLarius @Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Cora was still rather upset after the whole incident but Rei seemed desperate to calm her down. Her cheeks turned a nice bright red as she slowly let her hands come down from her face. She still refused to look at Rei, finding herself rather embarrassed. She gave a few shy tail flops as Rei finished talking and got up to deal with the other man. Rei cared, at the least somewhat, even after she'd probably damaged his hearing. As her hands slowly came down from her face exhaustion slowly enveloped her. Screaming so much made her woozy, but still conscious thank the gods. However with a fin and this amount of exhaustion she was going nowhere soon. Cora tried to move her torso to look up at Rei and the apparent savior of the guests. Almost loosing her balance Cora firmly planted her hand on a clear spot, barely keeping herself upright.

"Uhm.... Rei." She asked softly, not being strong enough or close enough to tug on his pant leg. She tried to reach for it, only managing to flap her fin against the floor as she reached out. She finally managed to tug lightly on his pant leg. Despite her shimmering skin and slightly ghostly appearance she looked exhausted. "Uhm, Rei. If you don't mind I'd rather have you take me back." She mumbled awkwardly. It was clear something was on her mind as she slowly moved herself towards where they were. She tried her best to avoid the glass, though a few scrapes were unavoidable. She motioned him down towards her level, still clearly quite embarrassed. When she finally got him down to a level where she could whisper to him she leaned up to his ear.

"My transformation kind of shreds what I'm wearing on the lower half so....." She mumbled awkwardly, her cheeks blooming into an even deeper color of red. She looked away and coughed awkwardly. "And I turn back when I get dry." She mentioned as a second part, finally letting go of him to sit awkwardly on the floor twiddling her thumbs.

It was hard to ignore that she'd just destroyed an entire restaurant but there was nothing she could do. She couldn't pay for it, hell she didn't even have her own independent life anymore. She belonged to the government and the high school. This would definitely land her in detention or in some form of punishment. Maybe solitary confinement. But that wasn't the current issue. Her issue was that she was going to transform back at some point and she'd rather not be stuck in the room near the masses without her pants on. Hell, she'd probably scream again if anyone saw her but she couldn't exactly walk herself. She kept her focus on fidgeting with her fingers as she waited for a response.

Mayra Ruiz
Interactions: @Yuuki_Tatsunohi, @Cosmic Penguin Mentions: N/A​

Mayra blinked as the bus driver caught her. Will called out behind her, obviously concerned. Mayra wanted to call back, say something to reassure both the bus driver and Will, but her head was spinning a little too much. She leaned back against the wall, more than ready to just head up to her dorm room and sleep. She never thought hero school would be this stressful. Though to be fair, she didn't really know what to expect out of the strange school. She hadn't even heard of it until the men came knocking at her door, telling her to pack her things. She supposed maybe this was normal for a superhero high school where all of the kids have insane powers.

The bus driver asked for proof, Will giving some info. Blinking, Mayra looked down at the wallet still clutched in her hand and shifted. "Um, I have the wallet, sir." She held it out, pulling her knee up so she could rest her arm on it. "The janitor really wanted the ID. I had to sink him completely into the ground before we could even take it back." She shifted, frowning as she realized just how far away her shoes were and how much of a mess she had made. "That's all we know. Can we go back to our dorm rooms now, sir? We still have classes tomorrow and it's kinda late."

[fieldbox="GM post, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
“Blackwater?” Ilea repeated, giving Sam a perplexed look. “Why? Blackwater just seems so . . . far away.”

The other two students also looked at Sam, confused yet trying to figure out how the Blackwater incident could be related to this. Yuliya also wasn’t sure how they were connected either. Just as Ilea said, Blackwater was far from here. With the situation over there in Blackwater and this, it just seemed . . . unlikely. Though it is odd for this to be coincidence when both incidents happened on the same day.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. To think she just wanted to forget everything about that damn place.

Savino nodded when Will started to speak. He was sure Tania had already saved a recording of what happened here. Will was smart to leave her phone on when fighting the guy, as well as having some impressive luck to get away barely scratched. He glanced at the janitor; yeah, likely that flash drive was crushed too.

When Will described the symbol, Savino tilted his head and frowned. Red triangle and a circle? The first thing that popped in his head was a circle inside a triangle with a line crossing through it and everything was lined in red. Deathly Hallows? Seems a little . . . geeky for someone trying to break into the school.

Mayra handed him the wallet, exhaustion riddled in her motions as she held up the small wallet. He flipped through it, finding nothing to indicate who this wallet belonged to. He’ll have to do a pat down later once they get the janitor out of that little sinkhole, but at least they have the wallet the girls were talking about.

Savino pursed his lip. “I need to see the office first. If I connect to the computer, maybe I can scavenge around for any leftover data. ‘Sides, until this whole thing has been cleared, dorms aren’t accessible. Sorry about that, but protocol.”

“Why don’t you all eat shit too?” snarled the janitor.

Savino stepped close to the janitor and flicked his head, a loud thump heard by all. “Language. We’re in front of kids.” He turned back to the two girls. “It’s fine to leave your guy here since you both did a good job trapping him, but just in case he has any friends—” a portion of the skin on his arm slid away and a small metal spider-like thing crawled out. It leaped to the ground and planted itself in front of the janitor, a small lens popping out and pointing a red lazar at him.

He turned back to Mayra and pulled her onto his back. “I’m not risking leaving either of you so you’ll both have to come with me. After I check this office real quick, I’ll drop you off at a safer location.” He nodded at Will. “Lead the way.”

“Shen Yan,” the monk replied. So, standing before him was the Arias heir, the one whose emergence of powers circulated the media for quite a while. Shen hadn’t expected to encounter him until the first gym class, much less in a ruined restaurant.

Shen watched the blond boy find blood leaking from his ears, and the young girl bringing up an awkward situation that would happen when she transforms back into a human. Using one of his new limbs, he grabbed a tablecloth, shaking it a few times to make sure there were no stray glass shards. Then he handed it to Cora.

“When you revert, use this to cover yourself,” he said. “Arias, I’ll be fine. And settling the incident that occurred in this restaurant will come later. What’s most important right now is getting medical attention.” Outside, sirens blared around the restaurant, a red and blue light flashing on top of an ambulance. Shen then turned to the Cora. “You. Are you able to stand yet?”[/fieldset][/fieldbox]

SAM:

Ilea's response prompted Sam to suck in a breath through his teeth. No dice, huh? He thought, shifting his jaw side to side. Further expressions of doubt just made the blond hang his head further down, but it was still eating at him. Even a brief glance at Yuliya's nose-pinching expression of distaste for the subject did little to settle Sam's gut-feeling.

"R-Really..." He swallowed the confident lump in his throat, making room for analysis that had been shoved to the back of his head for a little too long. "...I-I don't know, but..." Sam found his footing, words coming clearer and sharper, his head lifting up from its limp position, and a gleam of focus overshadowing the usual unease in his eyes, "...but I think that what happened at Blackwater was really really strange. The facility...it was attacked, right? A big show that was broadcast on the news, but why? They said no villains came up missing, so why?"

Sam bit into his thumb, looking into the small group of his peers without any specification. "...Information. If it's not for people, it's for information. Records? Experience? Schematics and blueprints? If it's about a detention center for super-villains, then any of that would be useful in the long run. And on the opposite end of the spectrum..." Sam paused to take a breath and spit out some dead skin before gnawing again, talking in a manner that basically ignored his audience, "...at the opposite end, this is a school for superheroes, so everything is important! From the way we evacuate, to the school's records and methods of access! And it's such a coincidence that it'd happen today, on the first day of school, where faculty is diverted towards students, security is more matted out, and any number of newbies are exposed on their off-time...information... information... info... in-"

The curly-haired boy looked around as he hummed on about information, slowing down with each set of eyes that met his own. In no time at all, Sam's lips locked up tight, his hands drew up into his hair, and his nervous slump came back with a vengeance. Okay...that happened. That's okay. It was just stress. Just the stress talking! They'll understand! He told himself in secret, digging his toes into the ground in anticipation for some kind of blow-back. Today had been eventful enough, so it seemed the best course of action would just be to gear up for a good slap in the face so he could finally go to his room.

• OMG
Rei Arias
During the middle of the transaction with the other male he felt a small tug on his pant leg. At first he narrowed his eyes looking at the cause of it. He opened his mouth to voice his concern being that now she might've had a few scrapes especially being that he had just told her not to move but something in her eyes said otherwise. As her next comment came his mouth quirked a bit of panic in his eyes. "Ah." It passed through his lips as a calm smile came upon his face. What a conundrum. Tempted to simply scoop her up lay his jacket on top of her and simply run out he rubbed his face in contemplation. 'Shen' now he had introduced himself as, handed Cora a tablecloth which could do as a skirt or some kind of innovative fashion. He wasn't sure, it looked like something his sister would have watched. Something stupid like "make clothes out of something you'd find at a jungle". With that taken care of he then once again turned his attention to Shen, paying attention, seeming to pick apart every detail so it took him awhile to respond back.

He knew that name from somewhere but couldn't put his finger on it. Then again he knew a lot of names. Perhaps he should start a journal. He immediately scratched the idea, if it was physical it could be found and that was dangerous. Besides it was better if he held all the data in his head, if push came to shove it was difficult for him to be killed because there was no substitute than him for information or something like that. Depressing that he even had to consider it. At the use of his last name he flinched. That was why he had hesitated using his last name, he preferred Rei. Fine and simple. Although he knew it was some sort of formality so afterwards he attempted to relax. As the next words finally settled down Rei shook his head. "N-No. I have to get this done. I have to finish this. I have to get rid of this incident. I have to-" His eyes glazed over for a second before he rapidly shook his head, he looked slightly shocked at the words that passed out of his mouth before he smiled although in a slightly nervous manner. His speech returned to the 'casual' side of it.

"You k-know what maybe you're right. Besides I have to give an incident like this my full attention and energy and maaaybe at best I'm at 75%."
He gently rubbed his ear although it wasn't like it made his pain lessen any further. "Okaaaaay. Maybe 66%." Rei paused before turning to look at Cora. "Miss." Rei was being very careful not to use her name, after all he wasn't sure how much he could trust the other individual. "You really, really. Can't be seen with me. I'm bad news. Criminal worthy. We'll talk later although it might take me awhile. After you get medical treatment it shouldn't be hard to get back." A joking tone was established. Honestly he was surprised, but also thankful even with the use of his last name she didn't know the impact of it. Rei took out a fifty dollar bill before setting it in her lap, a way to get a taxi home if she had no other way. Otherwise he wouldn't mind if she wanted to spend it how she liked. He wouldn't give her a chance to protest. Honestly this was best case scenario for the both of him, even if he was reluctant to leave her side. It was best for her as soon as possible to get back to a familiar area.

"Um, Mr. Yan if you don't mind I'm going to head out first. The faster I'm checked over the faster I can get started on whatever matters I have to answer to after this."
Rei couldn't bring himself to look back at Cora before he looked past Shen, looking at all the chaos ensued. He lowered his voice due to the noise from the sirens he made sure only Shen could hear, "I know I'm being selfish but I'm just a man. It'd be against my nature to be any other way. I'm no different from your average greedy rich kid." He shrugged promptly after, exiting the building. Most likely he wouldn't meet the man again but if the other male played the hero card it was all the better for Cora.

Interactions:

Cora Kitonobe x @IceQueen
Shen x @Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @xLarius @Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Cora had been paying mostly attention to Rei when the blanket was tossed at her. After a few seconds of confusion Cora realized it was a tablecloth. A rough and partially food stained table cloth. For the first time in a long time a irritated frown pressed into Cora's face as she gently began to wrap herself in the blanket. Rei seemed to be both panicked and stressed, something that Cora did not like. They were supposed to be on a date after all. He had been the only person she had talked to since she got here with a small exception of a few hellos here and there. And now Rei was up and leaving, having secret conversations with this Shen guy. She was on the verge of crying yet again.

Too exhausted to cause another scene Cora let soft little tears dribble out as Rei fled the restaurant. He'd handed her a fifty like that would fix him running away. She couldn't care less how bad it was to be seen with him, she just wanted to hold onto something remotely warm and familiar. And now she was all alone again, stuck in the void of nothing. The loneliness in the ring of broken glass only brought back more painful memories. She flinched instinctively at any small movement that got near her, in fear she was going to get hit. Soft salty tears splashed against the tile as she tried to rub them away.

"I can't walk." She half sobbed, her tail tugging out more towards in front of her. There were a few small spots where blood was leaking from her tail but she didn't seem majorly injured. She was starting to go into a panic attack though, feeling like everything was closing in bit by bit. There was nothing left to hold too.

"Please get me out of here." She sobbed softly, looking up at the Monk who had so rudely thrown the sheet at her to cover herself.

Will Washington
Interactions: @The Writing Owl (Mayra)
@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Would it be inappropriate to ask if she could carry Mayra instead? No...It'd probably just seem weird--maybe creepy. Will couldn't afford for people Mayra to think she's creepy. With that settled, Will walked with Mr. Savino to the office, stealing glances at Mayra the whole way there. She looked really tired--like 'movie marathon for three days straight', tired. Mr. Savino had said that the dorms weren't usable because of the evil janitor so where was she supposed to recuperate? Will figured that the sooner she gave the man-bot the details, the sooner Mayra would be able to relax. The blue haired teenager picked up the pace to a power walk, reaching the office at the end of the hall in record time. Record power walking time, that is. She'd wanted to run but if Mr. Savino ran too, that'd probably be awfully uncomfortable for Mayra.

"This is the office!" She announced, doing a 'ta-da!' motion with her hands. "Is this enough? Can we go now? Not to be impatient or anything but Mayra looks really tired and I don't want to diss you or anything but your back probably isn't very comfortable."

Hopefully presenting the office would be enough cause Will didn't have any more proof that the janitor dude was evil. Although telling two teenage girls that they could eat shit was proof enough.

GM Post
The class of W52 listened to what Sam had to say. Philomela nodded, Il-Seong counted the things Sam listed on his fingers, while Ilea watched the blond boy intently. All of them took a slight step back when he spat at the ground, varying levels of disgust on the faces around the three. Yuliya kept her eyes on the crowd before them in case anything happened, but she also paid attention too. Now that she thought about it, there was a strong possibility that information could have been the target here. Information on supervillains, information on equipment, and the school . . . how was the school connected to Blackwater? If they wanted information on the school, a better place to start would have been Crux Labs considering the partnership the two entities have.

Crux Labs did develop technology for both facilities though.

Yuliya waited to hear more, but just as quickly as the theory came, Sam started to quiet down and shut everyone out once he realized the amount of attention on him. She stepped a little closer, laying one hand on his shoulder and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

“A good analysis,” she said. “Strong possibility the criminals who broke into Blackwater were after that and had something to do with this.” Watching Yuliya, Philomela nodded.

“I doubt it,” said Ilea. She shrugged. “It just seems . . . out there.” Ilea raised her hands, gesturing from one side to the next. “Okay, they’re same day incidents but a prison and then a school dormitory?”

“You’d be surprised at how things connect.”

“Still doesn’t make sense to me.” Ilea shook her head. “It doesn’t add up.”

There was a loud thump and what sounded like concrete breaking in half. The students murmured, looking in the direction of the sound to find their principal, Bernard Yuristheenis, straightening up from a small crater at the bottom of his feet. He jogged towards the crowd, raising one hand high in the air.

“I need to speak with all Senior RAs, any Top Ten, and all school staff present!” he called.

“I’ll be back,” said Yuliya, leaving her class to join Bernard. A bunch of other members of the crowd gravitated towards the principal, including Eduardo, briefly making eye contact with Class W52, a dark glare on his features. Both Ilea and Philomela blinked, the darker-skinned girl slightly stepping between him and her classmates.

“Yeesh,” she muttered. “Salty much?” Ilea nodded.

“Oh! I totally just remembered this now, but did you guys now our principal is a descendant of the Great Hercules?” said Il-Seong, a bright twinkle in his eye.

“A descendant huh?” ilea responded.

“Wait, the myth was real?” asked Philomela, raising an eyebrow, and looking to Sam as well.

“No you will no—“ Shen was about to grab the young boy before he could get away, but the blond was just faster. Shen grit his teeth; if these two were HSSI students, he’ll find him later.

The other party, the one who was left behind, started crying again. The tail moved, showing small spots of blood. Shen sighed. Yuliya should have taken this; maybe she would have an easier time handling a . . . delicate situation.

Shen headed for the paramedics and told them to back up in front of the restaurant entrance. He returned back to Cora and crouched next to the girl. “We’ll have to get you some medical attention because of that.” He pointed at the wounds on her tail. “If this needs to be kept a secret, we can do that. Just let me know.” Gingerly, he picked her up in his arms and carried her to the entrance where the paramedics were waiting with the back of their truck facing them. Securing her on the stretcher, the paramedics lifted her into the truck and Shen followed right after.

“You’ll need to let them know how they can help you,” he told her as the paramedics stared in awe at her tail.

One of them looked up. “Do you feel significant pain anywhere?” she asked. She placed her hands on the tail where the feet were supposed to be. "Can you feel me squeezing you here? And does it hurt?"

Savino followed the blue-haired girl until they found the supposed office. The door was closed, looking like every door in the building with the exception of a small sign that read “Janitor’s office” to the right of it.

“No, not until I’m finished here,” he repeated more sternly this time. Resting against a mostly metallic body was uncomfortable for the taller girl, but she’ll have to hold out for just a little while longer. These two were involved in this and he can’t risk losing the witnesses and apprehenders of this breach.

Savino opened the door. A cramped space with just enough room for the three of them. A typical office space meant for a janitor, complete with a shelf of cleaning supplies and a rack for the tools needed for the occupation. And in the center of it all was a computer.

He gently lowered Mayra into the chair, sitting her upright so she didn’t fall over. “We’ll get you some medical help soon,” he said then turned to the computer. It looked normal; nothing out of the ordinary. His eyes honed in on the equipment, letting Tania see it for herself. Tania sent a small transmission that could only be heard by him:

“Scan for any backup data.”

Holding out his arm, a small section of the skin flipped open with a few cords neatly tucked in. He pulled out a USB cord and plugged it into the computer’s tower and ran a system scan. Going through the various systems of the computer, he found a log that recorded an external drive had been plugged into the computer in the last twenty-three minutes. Delving further in showed him a few kilobytes of data had been left over since that external drive was last used. The file name did not give much except for one letter: G. Just as he was about to look into that file, a red warning sign flashed before his eyes and on the computer screen. The screen went black then binary code flitted across the screen. Numbers quickly turned into letters, changing from white to red and centering themselves on the screen:

NO AUTHORIZATION
The letters disappeared and sparks burst from the computer. Savino twitched, a surge of electricity flowing into him from the computer. He wrenched his USB cord out of the computer and nearly collapsed on the floor. Using the wall for support, Savino straightened himself as best as he could, clutching his head. On his left eye, the vibrant green circuit board design of his irises had now been replaced by black, including the sclera. A red exclamation point flashed in his eyeball.

“That is s-some security program f-f-f-or sure,” he said. He touched his finger to his temple. “T-T-Tania. I am f-f-fine. I-I-I-I think my program been . . . g-g-garbled a little, but n-n-n-nothing you can’t fix, right?” His good eye twitched and he flinched, as if the person he was talking to was in the same room, yelling at him. “Right. Right, right, right. Y-y-y-yep. Bye.”

Savino blinked a few times. He once again approached Mayra, his steps wobbly and his left leg dragged across the floor. “Okay then.” He sighed then turned to Will. “Let’s h-h-h-head out, but you’re gon-n-n-n-na need to help me with your friend here. Parts of my body isn’t f-f-f-functioning at the moment.”

SAM:

Yuliya's hand on Sam's shoulder is exactly what he didn't want. That meant he did something worth noting, which meant he was losing his only protection in the mean, mean world of high school: Invisibility. Aside from that, it didn't feel all that bad to say something important-ish. Sam may have felt a pit of fear in his gut, but he also felt butterflies in his lungs; a tickling in his chest that said, "hey, you did it!" with a big smiley-face sticker, or a gold star or something. Sam was all set to leave the conversation on that note, feeling satisfied that he could make his peers, and even his teacher, think a bit.

But Ilea shot back with a dismissal that quite literally made Sam start to cry. "B-But-" He stammered a second too long, and was broken off by the principal's landing and call to action. Yuliya, his shield against the direct judgement of his peers, ran off at the summons, leaving Sam to suck in his words and instead think of his reaction to being passed off so easily. But how?! How does it not add up at least a little bit? How can you not be a TINY bit suspicious? Heroes should be cautious about this sort of thing, otherwise they get themselves killed by stupid circumstance!

Sam was having a mental fit over Ilea's mundane treatment of the subject, little tears dotting the edges of his eyes, and his cheeks going hot in disbelief, when Philomela leveled her question about the Greek myth. Almost like a needle to his bubble, the question made Sam...pop.

"L-L-Literally h-how?!" He huffed at Ilea, voice cracking with over-expenditure. "H-How is th-the idea of a-a-a s-strategic sp-split, er, j-joint attack sound so c-convoluted to you?" As Sam picked up steam, his fists clenched, and gravity began shifting his way. The pull began weak, but ramped up in intensity along with the blond's frustrations. "I-Is it, oh I-I dunno, c-crazier than a f-f-FLYING S-SCHOOL for INSANE PEOPLE?! I'm n-not saying it's f-fact, but at the very least it's w-worth being c-cautious about, right? If someone's c-crazy enough to attack a h-high security p-p-prison, that sh-should at least t-tell us that L-LIVES c-could be at stake! I-I mean c-c'mon, aren't we-"

Sam was about to finish his very first rant with a compelling and convicting, "aren't we heroes!" but the now-significant gravity wells within his hands finally caught his attention, rapidly drawing clumps of dirt and grass to his balled-up fingers. He froze in place for a moment, panic locking his joints from his jaw to his ankles, before taking a deep breath, opening his eyes wide, and pouring all of his focus into his power. Gravity quickly returned to normal, leaving Sam standing with a large amount of dirt piled under his hands, and compacted here and there on his clothes. His face looked grimy, his cheeks were still red, and to top it all off, he had a soft stream of tears (and a bit of snot) running down to his chin. Hardly caring anymore, Sam wiped his face with a dirty sleeve, and turned away from his classmates, standing as resolute as a little 15 year-old boy could in the face of adversity.

The day don't go on forever, Sam-boy. Someday, you'll forget what happened. Later, you'll remember again, and I'll bet you ninety-nine to a dollar you'll laugh about it. His mom's words kept his lip from quivering while he waited out the rest of the storm.

Rei Arias
Color Code: #8000FF

When he exited the building he could have sworn that the flashing of the cameras became more aggressive then they were originally. Normally celebrities shielded their faces when faced with such a dilemma. Rei on the other hand simply grinned slipping some sunglasses into his grasp. He at first set them on top of his head getting ready to put them on when he got closer. As soon as the police caught sight of him he could see what looked to be the captain, cursed. When "celebrity" figures got involved the incidents became simply a matter of "don't step on any toes". Well at least that's what his brother would tell him. He watched as a well known news channel representative approached him firing questions too quickly, as usual, for him to properly reply to any of the questions. Although he faced them with a mildly friendly expression he couldn't help but look for the paparazzi- well at least the worst kind. The magazine kind. They turned their flash on enough to get an unflattering shot, and bright enough to blind. On the other hand it wasn't bright enough for the shot to be entirely inappropriate. He learned that "cringing" due to the flash could result in headlines such as "stuck up child!" or "disrespect towards magazine representative?!". It was all too bothersome at the moment.

"Mr. Arias, is it true that you had only entered a prestigious school due to the implant of power within you?" He kept his friendly smile up as the next shot was fired. "Did you have something to do with the destruction of this building?", "Reports say that the companion you brought caused this destruction on purpose!", "Have your powers already gone out of control?!". He was starting to get a headache, he had to be careful or else they'd twist his words and mother would have him punished- -

Rei's expression had turned to one of calmness and maturity before he spoke, "Companion? You must be speaking of my business associate. Even as a student it seems I can't catch a break. Of course my father and my mother are handling things very well but to be perfectly honest. Throughout these times, before I dedicate myself to my studies I would like to support them for as long as possible." That seemed to break their stride of questions before they opened their mouths once more, he became close to one of the younger news reporters. He fixed her collar giving his winning smile in which she immediately turned red her mouth falling slightly open. "I wouldn't mind answering some more questions but I'd like to offer my support in this tragedy seeing myself how drastic this incident was. I hope you can forgive me." As these words passed out of his lips the paparazzi seemed to grow even more restless in reply. Eventually he escaped into a "safety zone" which to him was the area around the ambulance surrounded by policemen. Usually he'd simply hire his own bodyguards but since in this case he himself was injured, he could take advantage of the police around the perimeter. He sat on top of the back of the ambulance as the attendant quickly started to examine him in which he calmly closed his eyes. Rei would simply have to see what the news articles and magazines had posted later about one of the "top 10 bachelors" being in an incident in a fairly famous restaurant. Especially after his relatives review.

He slipped his phone out of his pocket as the medic began to examine his ear more thoroughly before tapping on an app with his families symbol embedded on it. An app specifically for private usage with incredible security locks. He had glanced at his "family chat". As "lovely" as that may sound it was more formal than one may think. Usually it was reports on how the business was doing, what funds were being withdrawn, articles posted about recent incidents that may have affected their way of life. Rei examined his phone front to back and then realized he had no digital way of contacting his lady interest and mentally scolded himself for the simple mistake. It seemed that his mind hadn't yet caught up to the fact that "his lady" was the true cause of the incident. He held in a sigh before returning his attention back to the app. Brushing off the 12 notifications and he tapped on his mothers chat simply skimming over the information that she had received regarding the problem he was involved with now. His attention suddenly came to the text she had sent him and immediately he froze. 'You've had your fun. I could ask if this was truly worth it but you know how much I hate it when you waste my time. Now honey, don't fall behind on your chores again, or repeat this public fiasco within the span you're not within my sights. Or you're going to have more problems than a simple time out.'
Interactions:

N / A​

Reactions: MIIDD
Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Cora was a little overwhelmed by everything, she'd almost completely forgotten that she was cut. Her brain was too busy trying to process everything that was going on. Looking up at Shen who had picked her up and aided her out to the ambulance she nodded. "I'd prefer it not get out that I'm a fish monster." She mumbled softly, her expression adorning that of a scared kid as she was loaded into the ambulance. Looking around she swallowed hard, not used to the staring face of a single medic as the other had gotten in the front to drive.

"I uhm.. I'm going to need a pair of pants." She mumbled softly, her cheeks rather red as she looked down at herself. "Trying to treat them like they are probably won't help. Scales have an annoying way of hiding cuts. I-If you let me dry out a bit it should go back to normal, so long as I don't get any water on me." She mumbled, looking at the man and then the paramedic as she nodded and tossed a blanket over her lap. Looking down at her fin she finally spotted the last paramedic, who was touching her tail. Her innocence faded as she slid it angrily away from him.

"I can, and I'd prefer you not touch it or oogle at it. I am not some science experiment here for your amusement." She snapped harshly, her temper calming just as quickly as it flared. She just so desperately wanted to be back in her room, wrapped in flannel sheets and hiding from the terror and headache that this date was.

GM POST
Ilea took a step back at Sam’s sudden outburst. She then felt a tug on her body and little dust particles flying towards the boy, picking up speed by the second. Philomela planted her foot on the ground, instinctively throwing her hands up to prevent her classmates from colliding into each other when the pull towards Sam stopped.

“How—“ began Ilea.

Philomela and Il-Seong looked at each other; other students in the area around them were giving Class W52 odd looks, having also felt the gravitational pull. Not wanting to intrude on whatever was going on with the class, as well as avoiding the kid with snot running down his nose, they backed away and resumed whatever it was they were doing before Sam’s powers activated. As soon as space was cleared Il-Seong immediately pulled Ilea away from Sam.

“Come on. Let’s give him some space.” Il-Seong glanced back at Sam, an odd expression on his face as if he were thinking of something.

That left Philomela with Sam. She wasn’t sure how to approach Sam, especially after what happened. And Ms. Markov was still in the meeting with the principal so no adult to help the situation. This boy seemed so delicate and fragile that anything could set him off and break him.

Best of luck to him if he’s going for hero work, she thought. She opened her mouth to say something to him but then closed it when she had second thoughts. Philomela didn’t think he would go after Ilea, but until everyone calmed down, the least she and Il-Seong could do was separate the two for a while longer.

The paramedic held up his hands. “Sorry. Just trying to do my job,” he feigned innocence. His superior, the one who had asked Cora if she was feeling pain where her feet were supposed to be, steered him towards Shen who had blood dripping from his ears. Neither of them decided to bother the young girl anymore and soon they were at the local hospital. They wheeled Cora to one room and Shen was taken to another to have his wounds tended to. A doctor with a messy head of brown hair entered soon after, washing his hands and sporting bags under his eyes from the twelve-hour shift he has been doing.

“Hello,” he said. Despite the long shift, he still tried to be courteous to patients. “I’m Doctor Chanellor and I’ll be your attending doctor for today.”

The paramedic gave her entire report as they prepared the hospital bed for Cora to transfer to. They moved her over and she handed Doctor her tablet for her to sign.

“Also, she requests privacy as well,” the paramedic said. At the same time, Shen was also telling the same thing to the other paramedic and his attending doctor, mentioning a policy Crux Labs has with the school and student body. Crux Labs, with their partnership with HSSI, already had information on the experiments and studies already done on Cora so any other company looking to do research on her would have a major legal battle on their hands as well as major fines to be paid for anybody leaking private information.

Doctor nodded and the paramedic then left. “Alright, Cora. I understand an accident caused you to transform. Is it okay if I take a look? And is there any pain and injuries you have as well?”

The medic assigned to the truck Rei chose was startled by the appearance of the boy, but as soon as he sat down, he got to work. There wasn’t anything severed, fortunately. Scrapes here and there and after examining his ears, what looked to be minimal damage.

“Can you hear me?” The paramedic asked, raising his voice to see if he can at least vocally communicate with Rei.

Mayra Ruiz & Will Washington

"Holy shit!" Will exclaimed, jumping backward then venturing forward to stare at Mr. Savino in concern. "Are you okay?" She stared back at the computer worriedly, as if it could grow legs and come after them. Then she turned back to Mr. Savino who seemed to be talking to himself. Or rather, talking to someone named Tania. Oh my god, is he having a flashback? Does he have PTSD?? Can robots even have that? Either way, she needed to get herself together and help as much as she could. And right now, that involved picking up her crush...and carrying her. L-l-like a princess!! If she didn't want to look cool in front of Mayra, she would have started hyperventilating. The other girl was too tall to give a piggyback ride to, so Will would have to play the knight to her princess. Or rather the princess-knight to her also princess-knight. Either way, she was gonna carry Mayra like a damn princess.

Will approached her friend with a nervous smile. "So, I'm gonna hold--err pick you up, is that okay? I promise not to drop you!"

Being carried by Mr. Savino was surprisingly relaxing for Mayra. Sure, he wasn't the most comfortable as Will mentioned, but it was better than being forced to walk around. She nodded as Mr. Savino lowered her into a chair, curling her achey arms around her stomach. She didn't really need medical help. After a good night's rest, she'd probably be fine. Watching the man look through the computer, Mayra jumped as the bus driver seemed to malfunction. She leaned forward in concern, glancing over at Will. They hadn't broken their bus driver, had they? He spoke to thin air (or someone named Tania) but still was sane enough to ask Will to carry Mayra.

Blinking, Mayra stared as Will asked if she was okay with her holding her. Her cheeks warmed, and Mayra fidgeted. "U-um, I mean that's okay, but I'm kinda really tall... do you need me to walk?" Honestly, Mayra wasn't sure if she could walk, but she couldn't just leave Will to drag her around. She looked up, waiting for Will to make the first move. Hopefully, Mayra's legs wouldn't give out when Will started to help her.

Will found herself doing frantic jazz hands as she spoke "No, no! You're tired--you exerted all that energy and it's okay! I won't let your feet touch the ground and I won't drop you!" The teen blabbered, a light blush dusting her cheeks. Coming even closer, so that their faces were only inches apart, Will knelt down a little and slid one arm behind the other girl's back.

"Ready?" She was confident that the reasonable amount of muscle tone she possessed, wouldn't let her down. And if it did, well, she was going to the gym as soon as this whole ordeal was over.

Will put her other arm under Mayra's knees, said a quick prayer to an entity she didn't believe in and stood up. She was so damn happy that she didn't drop Mayra immediately. The other girl wasn't that heavy but her length made it kind of awkward. But still--WILL WAS CARRYING HER CRUSH LIKE A FREAKING PRINCESS!! She knew she was blushing like crazy and she hoped Mayra didn't notice.

"Is this okay?" She inquired.

Mayra blinked as Will rambled on. She smiled, a bit lopsided as Will promised not to let her feet touch the ground. "O-okay. As long as you don't hurt yourself." As Will drew closer, Mayra could feel her heart hammering in her chest. Their faces sat the barest inches apart as Will looped her arms around Mayra's back and under her knees. Will's touch tingled, leaving Mayra a flustered mess as Will asked her if she was ready. Mayra nodded, looping her own arms around Will's neck. "Y-yeah. I'm good."

There was a tense moment where Will just stood there, holding Mayra. The next Mayra was being lifted into the air, her grip tightening on Will's neck. "¡Híjole!" She gasped. Will's arms were steady around her, helping hold Mayra's weight up. Sparks ran up and down Mayra's spine as holy mierda Will was carrying her like a princess. She never thought she'd ever be carried like this. More likely she'd end up the knight carrying her princess off. However, being carried like this felt... intimate. Mayra flushed a bright red and turned her head away from Will, inadvertently hiding away into her shoulder. Mayra nodded her reassurance to Will's question, squeaking out a quick, "Y-yeah!" Now it was just time to see if Will could actually walk while carrying Mayra.

Hijole? Was that good or bad? Could there be bad hijoles? What even was a hijole?! Will's mind raced as she tried to come to terms with what she was doing. She didn't want to freak out too much but she didn't want to act to stoic. Mayra seemed...Embarrassed by the way she turned away from Will and avoided eye contact. Should she crack a joke to lighten the mood? Quote a movie maybe? It would be awkward if no one got it though. Maybe she should just keep walking and not speak at all. Speaking of walking--Will slowly inched around to look back at Mr. Savino. She couldn't tell if he was fairing better or worse.

"Sir? Are you alright, should we start walking now or...Um, do you want to lean on me? Or ooh! I could summon my hand! To carry you!" Or crush you, cause my nerves are way too frazzled to control that thing. She'd already put the offer on the table though, but she hoped the bus driver refused. She couldn't imagine what her school life would be if she crushed a teacher.

The mental picture of her giant magical hand smushing Mr. Savino was terrifying but Will's nerves were so muddled, she started laughing. Inadvertently gripped Mayra tighter out of reflex, Will tried to stifle her nervous laughter. Mayra was probably so confused. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you, I just--This is so--This was such a crazy day!" She wheezed through giggles. "It's our first day of school and you fought that elite asshole Eduardo, and then we fought the bone lord, and our bus driver is either a robot or a cyborg--It's just so crazy!"

Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @Yuuki_Tatsunohi
The trip to hospital was rather uncomfortable for Cora as she sat there, hoping that this would all be over as soon as possible. She was miserable, absolutely miserable. There was no way the day could have gotten worse unless she was mobbed by cameras while having her tail out. With the blanket largely covering her tail it wasn't a surprise no one had noticed the large fin slowly shrink back into legs. It was only a pitcher of water after all, it wouldn't last long. However her nerves never ceased as she was carted around into a room with a very tired looking doctor. Shifting her legs awkwardly at the sight of the doctor she cleared her throat.

"C-could we possibly be alone? I have reverted back." She mumbled, tugging the blanket a little to wiggle her toes from the back of the bed. "I just would like to get up and out of here. It's.... it's been a day." She mumbled softly, looking at the doctor again before looking back down.

GM post
“Oh,” was all the doctor could say when she showed him her legs had reverted back to normal. It looked like there weren’t any wounds either so, all in all, this girl was fine.

“Alrighty then. Well, I’ll just get your discharge paperwork and you’re free to go. Oh, and we can get you some clothes to borrow as well. I’m sure you don’t want to run around like that either.” Flashing Cora a tired smile he left the room. Five minutes later, he reappeared again with some papers he handed to her. “Take care now. Oh, and your teacher who came with is also about finished too. One of doctors has a healing ability so that was taken cared of without hassle. Wait for him if you can and we’ll get a taxi to take you home.”

The checkup was over within five minutes. The paramedic found nothing wrong aside from minor ringing in Rei’s ears. The medic wasn’t too concerned as that was to be expected from being around such a loud sound.

“Everything looks okay, so you’re good to go,” he said, packing up his stuff. “Head home and get some rest!”

Savino watched as the two girls stammered to each other, seemingly dancing around the topic of helping the taller girl. He watched in amusement as they fumbled around until finally Mayra lay across Will’s arms and was lifted into the air with little trouble. It looked awkward, especially with how much taller Mayra was in comparison to Will, but they managed.

Huh,” Tania murmured. Savino had a feeling that he had just inadvertently played wingman to these two. Tania would definitely never stop bringing it up after this.

“Cyborg,” he corrected. “And thanks for the offer, but I can walk so I’ll make it the rest of the way. Well—“he crossed to the door, one foot half-dragging across the floor while one arm hung uselessly at his side. “—let’s go.”

Savino led the way, taking it slow due to his nonfunctioning limbs. They made it to the door, the bus driver using his one good hand to push the door open to the gathered crowd outside.

“Duke!” Bernard called, running to the driver and the two girls. “Are you okay? Is everyone alright?”

“We’re fine,” he replied. I’ll need some repairs done—“he lifted his arm with one hand only for it to fall uselessly at his side and pointed at the blinking exclamation mark on his eye. “—and maybe these two could be checked as well, but I think they’re okay as well. Hey you got any dolmadakia?”

Bernard blinked in confusion at first before he nodded, realizing what Savino really needed. “Sure. I’ve got some in my office. I’m sure Tania would want some too.”

Savino nodded. “Oh and perp’s still there too.” Savino nodded back to the dorms.

“Right. Staff and Ten, some of you head in and secure him for police. Once that all clears up everyone can go back to their dorms!”

A staff member gestured at the two girls to come to the side as the assigned group headed inside. Among the group when went inside the dorms was Eduardo Pierce. He stared at Will and Mayra as he passed, then abruptly looked away, focusing on the task at hand. Yuliya was not among them, choosing instead to rush to her students once she was allowed to go through.

“Mayra! Will! Oh my god, are you okay? Are any of you hurt? Господи!” The auburn-haired woman tossed her bow away, hovering around the girls and trying to see if there were any visible injuries. Mayra was the most concerning since she was being carried by her classmate, but she was just as concerned for Will as well.

Will Washington
Interactions: @The Writing Owl (Mayra)
@Yuuki_Tatsunohi (Yuliya)

Will felt an overwhelming sense of release as they finally exited the building. Coupled with all the adrenaline from the fight, the exhilaration, and nervousness from being so close to her crush--Will felt like she needed to sleep for a week. But apparently, they couldn’t do that yet. They needed to be examined--well Marya needed it, really. Aside from skeleton monster induced trauma, Will was fine. Mayra was the one who needed---Will froze, as she briefly locked eyes with Eduardo the douche king of douchedom. She narrowed her eyes and gifted him with her nastiest lip curl. But he’d already looked away. Why the hell was he staring at them? And why the heck were they letting that asshole come along? Sure he was strong-ish, but he was also a bully and a flaming pile of superpowered garbage.

Will didn’t have time to fume over Eduardo though, because as soon as he and the staff walked off, Ms. Yuliya came bursting from the crowd. The teenager felt a burst of warmth in her chest as the teacher flitted around her and Mayra, scanning them for injuries. Not even her own parents ever got that concerned for her. Not that they were heartless or anything, but they were big fans of the ‘walk it off’ lifestyle. Will felt her cheeks pink under Ms. Yuliya's worried gaze. She wasn't used to this, but it was still...nice.

“We’re--I’m fine, but Mayra overexerted herself while kicking that bone dude’s ass,” Will spoke up, and as if on cue, her stupid body contradicted her words and she suddenly felt a wave of frailty wash over her. Her knees buckled and she found herself teetering backward, top heavy due to holding Mayra. “Ah!” She yelped, as she fell on her bottom, and got the wind knocked out of her as Mayra went down with her. “Aw shoot, sorry.” She gasped.

• Sweet
Rei Arias
Color Code: #8000FF

Rei gave a weaker smile to the paramedic. As much as he hate to admit it, he really was exhausted. With a slight irritation to his ears every time someone spoke, he kept rubbing his earlobe. What he wouldn't do right now to just simply be at home again. As much as he hated the silence, he wasn't sure what was worse. The silence or the sound of the sirens. His longing gaze returned to the building as he grimaced. The paramedic slightly concerned, frowned before checking over Rei once more. Alas they quickly deduced it was more due to a personal 'trauma' than anything else. He supposed now he could simply return to the dorm and have a good night's rest, and avoid Cora. Not for his own good, but moreover hers. Rei wasn't sure if she even wanted to see his face. As he made his way off the scene, he couldn't help but recall the expression on her face. The expression of abandonment. The facial expression that hit too close to home.

You couldn't buy forgiveness. The closest thing you could buy was an act, but he didn't want to treat Cora like his sister did. Just using money to sort through people in less than a heartbeat. When he got back to the dorm, he'd simply unwind and forget all his problems.

Is what he told himself several minutes ago. He couldn't get in. The building was under some sort of lock down. How marvelous that this had to happen on such a miserable day. "Dear lovely goddess or handsome god up above. Thank you soooooo very much for making my day that much easier and now if you'll excuse me I'm going to become a bum and lay next to this building like some kind of homeless person- -." Rei calmly sat down in front of the wall as if willing for it to open before letting out a mournful sigh. "I wonder if I could potentially break in-" He remembered the explanation of when intruders had infiltrated the area in a nutshell and felt a shiver down his back. "Never mind. Would they blame me if I went to seek refuge elsewhere though?" He let out another sigh before a grin had crept on his face.

"Well if I'm going to be bored out of my mind might as well play the new Tale of Juniper game I bought awhile ago! Er, or I could practice that impossible magic trick I've been trying to master for weeks." As Rei continued to rattle on he slumped against the building and held out his hand, counting his fingers as to list all the alternatives he could be doing. All the things he hadn't had time for in his residence. The meager fact that he could do these things was probably thrilling enough to the blonde. He ignored the creeping and anxiety he might of felt if he recalled his mothers 'warning', warning being the word he would have used if he referred to his mothers words himself. He loved his mother dearly, she was someone who could never be replaced. He didn't even dare think of it. Rei was tempted to start carrying his bat everywhere, perhaps he could use it as his hero weapon... He'd have to ask other mom- Er. Yuliya, whenever he could get inside. If he could get inside. Had he passed curfew? More and more questions filled his head as question marks could practically be seen in his eyes.

A confused smile came upon his face as they soon overwhelmed his thoughts. Well at least he wasn't going to be bored for the next millennium.
Interactions:

N / A​

GM post
A few minutes after Cora got dressed, there was a knock on her door. It swung open to reveal Shen Yan. He had bandages wrapped around the crown of his head, covering his ears. One ear had a dried splotch of blood but otherwise he looked okay.

“Kitonobe,” he began. “There’s a cab waiting to take us back to the school. Ready to go?”

Hanging just away from Sam and Philomela, Il-Seong felt an awkward silence come between him and Ilea. Ilea wasn’t in the mood to talk, instead staring at nothing with a bored look on her face. He shuffled his feet, trying to dissipate the tense air when he noticed a familiar face leaning against the wall.

“Rei?” he said. “Oh, hey Rei!” he called, waving his hand to the blond boy. Some great goddess up above, finally someone to talk to! He jogged towards the boy, Ilea following suit. “Didn’t see you there, did you just get back? Kinda crazy, but I think we got ourselves a real live villain!” Il-Seong's lips curled into a big grin. “Maybe they’ll burst through the door and we’ll get to see an epic fight!”

The two girls tumbled to the ground and Yuliya was immediately at their side, one hand on Will’s back and the other on Mayra’s to prevent the taller girl from hitting her head on the ground. Bone dude? Fighting? Mayra was in another fight again?! Yuliya turned to Mayra, eyebrows raised high on her forehead. She had many questions to ask this girl—most important being why she was in another fight again—but right now they had to get these two some medical help.

“Hey! Where’s Rhys?” she called. Said man pushed himself through the crowd, moving past Sam and Philomela and running up the stairs to Mayra and Will to give a basic examination.

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster