~Yuliya Markov~
Interactions: @Ω Angel Ω
Mentions: None
“First, we need to get you registered for a class,” said Shen. “I’ve got openings every Thursday and Friday. Either private or in group. And we also need to consider Yuliya’s schedule too.”

“I’m free Fridays,” Yuliya replied. “So, he can have one day with each of us. How’s that, Sam?” Yuliya turned her question to Sam, waiting for his response.

“Also, if he’s going to have two teachers, we’ll to coordinate,” said Shen. “I don’t want teach him how to do a simple take down to find out you taught him that a week before.”

Yuliya sighed. “Yes, we’ll coordinate.” Ever the punctual man, Shen. Yuliya can already picture him delegating what fighting techniques each of them will offer to the boy down to the day and when he is supposed to learn it. She was fine with it as he did have a point. She was even fine letting him draw up the lessons plans since she was too busy with her own for the school. But if he didn’t let her have the chance to teach Sam something good, then there is going to be a problem.

“And Sam Kulka, I do not tolerate tardiness. I want you at the Dojo on time and ready.” Shen turned around, not waiting for a response. “I’m going to go get the forms then.”

Yuliya shook her head. She hoped Shen didn’t end up scaring Sam to change his mind when he had just asked for after-school lessons, but she decided to alleviate any worries he may have. “He’s a strict teacher, but I assure you he’s a good one. Good fighter too.” She put her hand close to her mouth and whispered, “Don’t tell him I told you this, but I’m better though. I've seen him fight and I can take him down no sweat.” She laughed.

SAM:

Sam watched his teachers have a back-and-forth for a bit, doing his best to keep his hands still while they figured out the logistics of his lessons.

"Th-Thursday and Friday w-works for me." Sam tried to pipe up at Yuliya's acknowledgement, but his statement was quickly circumvented by Shen. The blond let it slide with a quick inhale, but the monk-man officially put his nerves on edge. He was quick to call the shots, yet he had a quietness about him...it was unnatural. Sam gnawed on his bottom lip as he tried to get a better handle on his teacher, but his attempt flew out the window the moment Shen called him out, full name and all.

"Y-Y-Yes s-sir!" Sam slipped in the response as Shen walked away, straightening his posture with another sharp inhale. The sudden correction only lasted a matter of seconds before the curly-haired boy sunk back in on himself again. His eyes darted along the floor as his mind tried to get back in gear, but then Yuliya spoke up. Her hand went up to her mouth, and while Sam recognized that she was trying to make the situation easier with a bit of humor, he also knew that she wasn't joking. He could only manage a quiet noise of affirmation as his eyes returned to the floor, but at the idea of Yuliya being stronger than someone as intense as Shen, Sam couldn't help but break a sweat.

Positives. Think positives... Sam dug his heel into the floor, rocking himself a bit to stimulate his thoughts. Mr. Shen looks...organized, and he's...nice...I think. And Ms. Yuliya is nice too, and she at least cares about her students' safety. Of course, maybe she's just worried about Mayra. That whole expulsion thing... Before long, the blond was lost in thought once more, looking rather dejected in the middle of the dojo.

Interactions: Shen & Yuliya -
@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Oz2ikgr.png

Collab of @The Writing Owl & @Cosmic Penguin
Tagged: @Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Mayra felt relieved yet concerned when Will didn't comment, letting the subject of Mayra's reluctance to be at the school drop. She didn't want to keep talking about it, but now she didn't know if Will was going to try and convince her to stay at the school. Will's exclamation pulled her from her thoughts as Mayra rushed to hide from the thief while keeping an eye on him. The janitor snuck into his office, prompting Mayra to gesture Will to follow her. The two settled by the office, listening in as the janitor pulled out some strange and definitely evil looking flash drive. Mayra's suspicions about the janitor jumped as he had a conversation with a creepy silhouette.

As the janitor moved to get his lunch, Mayra panicked and pulled Will with her away from the office. Once she was sure they were out of sight, the frizzy-haired girl looked over to see the man disappearing down the hall. "Mierda... Mierda!" She turned to Will, her eyes wide but her mouth set. "We gotta stop him! This is like, supervillain type stuff we're dealing with here! We can't just-we can't just let him run around with access to a school full of superheroes-in-training!" Her mind ran a mile a minute. Before she knew what she was doing, Mayra was pulling Will along with her again, determined to make sure they didn't lose the man again.

"If I take off my shoes, maybe I can use my powers and stop him? Trap his feet with the floor so he can't move? Then we can call a teacher and let them know what's happening." Faintly, Mayra wondered if they would get in trouble for just pulling out their powers willy-nilly, but she was sure that they would forgive them for stopping a possible supervillain from having access to the entire school.

Warning! Warning! Shit was about to go down! Also, Mayra is holding my hand, oh my god! If she weren't so ready to kick that janitors ass, Will would have taken a moment to cement this in her memories. Unfortunately, however, she needed to get her self together! As Mayra had said, this was supervillain level crazy bad! Who was this guy? And who had he been talking too? A million possibilities were running through Will's mind when she thought of what those two could possibly want with the school. A bombing? A hostage situation? Revenge for getting expelled forty years ago???

Will sucked in a deep breath, and tried to calm herself. She so did not need to freak out right now. Not only would her freaking out not help the situation, she'd also look really stupid in front of Mayra.

"Okay, yeah. You keep him grounded and I'll find a teacher. Or wait--I don't want to leave you alone with him! What if he has powers?" She asked, eyes full of concern. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if Mayra got hurt while she was running for help.

Once Mayra got the okay, she started to tug her shoes off. She struggled a bit with her bulky gloves-something she had to get back to Ms. Markov when they got out of this situation. "Right, right... We have to assume he's really dangerous right now. Let's... Do you have a phone on you right now? Maybe... Maybe we can call the school or an emergency number or something! That way neither of us is alone with him and we can get help!" With that, Mayra managed to finally pull off her knee-high socks and step onto the floor. Immediately, the floor bent and formed around Mayra's feet.

Taking a deep breath, the frizzy-haired girl focused on the floor around the janitor's feet. It wobbled for a moment before rising and wrapping itself around the man's ankles. It continued to crawl up the man's legs until he was bound up to the waist. A pretty significant dip surrounded the janitor as the floor seemed to have just slithered up toward its victim. Panting a bit, Mayra grabbed her boots and socks before starting to walk over to the janitor. "Hopefully he doesn't have any powers that would mess this up... If we had Ms. Markov's number this might've gone a little easier." With every step, Mayra left a footprint in the floor. She'd have to fix that later. For now, they had to make sure the janitor was gonna stay still until they could get someone to help them.

Oh duh--phones existed! Will wanted to smack herself for temporarily being oblivious to the fact that they lived in the age of technology. Pulling out her phone, Will began to scroll through her contacts in search of the main office's extension. She figured that would be the quickest way to get the headmaster's attention--and also, she didn't know the number of campus police.

As she waited for someone to pick up, Will once again marveled at Mayra powers. It truly was something remarkable to be able to shape the world--and anyone--around her. As soon as that thought crossed her mind, Will had to suppress a shudder when she recalled Mayra's fight with Eduardo. Sure it had been bad ass, but...Mayra could literally, scoop parts of people out. The imagery was grotesque and for a moment Will seemed to disconnect before a voice from her phone, shook her out of her reverie.

"Hercules School for Superpowered Individuals, how may I help you?"

"There's an emergency in the student housing! In dining hall--well not in it but in the hall near the custodian's closet! There's a real suspicious guy here and he stole a student's ID, and he was talking to a creepy guy on a computer, and well he's definitely evil!" Will blurted.

• Love
Reactions: The Writing Owl
[fieldbox="GM post, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
Sam’s response to her little quip on the monk was a simple grunt before going silent once again. Perhaps he didn't believe her. It may seem like such a thing would be a lie, after all Shen is much bigger than her. Not to mention his reputation may bring about doubt to her statement. “Yuliya” was basically a nobody, unlike Shen or her other self. And she preferred it that way. Regardless, she has seen the man fight and his form with Shaolin and Tae Kwon Do was flawless, but he seemed to be limited to those schools of Eastern origin. She could take him out with a Systema kick and the man wouldn’t even see it coming until it was too late. And that was without using her powers too.

“Well, I'm glad to see you wanting to take the extra step. I haven't ever had to teach martial arts to a student before so I’m not sure how to approach this, but I’m excited to try.” She grinned. “I know quite a few practices, so I have plenty to teach.”

Shen reappeared, carrying a thin orange packet and a pen. He marched up to Yuliya and Sam, holding up the packet for both to see.

“These are the forms you will sign to register with us,” he said to Sam. “It tells you all Sakchai has to offer with a schedule for the month—” Shen flipped to the page with a calendar of classes and events. “You can choose to do it in a group or solo, though with Ms. Markov you will likely do it solo with her.”

Yuliya nodded, understanding the details about her part in mentoring Sam. It was a standard overview of the terms and services of Sakchai; nothing new to make note of as Shen had showed her the same forms when she registered to use the facilities when she first started at HSSI. She’ll probably need to book a few practice rooms then, as well as find the right equipment depending on what lesson will be for the day.

“I also would like to do an assessment,” said Shen. “I always assess my students, just to see what their level is so I can plan my lessons accordingly. I have free time, so I can do it after you fill in the forms.”

As the two girls ran after the retreating janitor, the trash can where he discarded his bone shook. The plastic bag rustled and the entire can jumped once before going still. From within the can, a skeletal hand gripped the rim. The discarded chicken bone from before rose up, a large growth from the bone attached the hand. From that one chicken bone, a creature made entirely of bone grew, stepping out of the trashcan. The creature had a humanoid stature, long legs taking great strides to keep pace. The chest had a human-like ribcage, but the spinal cord had large bony protrusions jutting outward. A new arm formed, and the fingers of both hands morphed, joining together to form long, sharp blades. In place of where the head and neck should be was a long, curved spike.

The janitor stumbled. When he checked to see what made him trip, he saw his feet disappear into the tile. He tried to run, but he sank deeper and deeper into the floor until he was waist deep in floor material.

The janitor swore, trying to lift himself out of whatever trap he had gotten into. The floor turning soft? A hard rock floor turning soft? It was one thing to break through this kind of flooring. The principal and many other staff and students were more than capable of smashing this polished stone like it was an egg. But it was like the floor had become quicksand.

He heard footsteps approach. He craned his neck behind him to see two girls; one was running barefoot while the other was talking on her phone, calling for help.

“I’d hang up if I were you,” the janitor sneered. The bone creature jumped, landing between Mayra and Will and pointing one sharp bone blade at Will. “Whatever this is—” the janitor pointed at the reformed floor that had trapped him “—release me now or she dies right here.” The creature stepped closer to Will, bringing it blade closer to her heart.

A waiter nearby watched the two kids at the table, his thumb on his chin. Two kids on a date, likely from Hercules. So, if they were just high school kids, why are they here in Hanako? He had to wonder how two teenage kids were going to be able to afford the food here. Modest as Hanako may be, the food was kind of pricey, especially after the review they recently got from that one rich business girl. Once the review came in, there was a period where the restaurant was busier than ever. Added that the manager became a little swell headed once he realized the attention the review brought to his business.

If one rich person came here, you bet other rich people will come too,” the words of the manager echoed in his head. “All the rich people, and all their money!”

The waiter shook his head at the memory. He could remember vividly the manager rushing back to his office, mumbling about how he must take advantage of the incoming crowd. It wasn’t long after the prices went up.

The waiter watched the two again. Maybe the boy was going to pay, just to look good in front of the girl. The waiter tapped his chin. That boy looked familiar.

The manager stepped out from the kitchen.

“Hey, do you know who that is?” asked the waiter, pointing at Rei and Cora.

The manager looked in the direction the waiter pointed in. At once his eyes grew wide and abruptly grabbed the waiter by the shoulders. “That’s Rei Arias.” He spat, shaking the waiter. The waiter, after recovering from the sudden action, gave the manager a confused look. “He’s a relative of the rich woman who gave us that review!”

The manager didn’t wait for a response, dropping the waiter and hurrying over to the couple. He put on his biggest, brightest, happiest smile once he was at their table.

“Welcome, welcome, Mr. Arias!” The manager clapped his hands. “How are you liking your visit so far? Can I get you anything to drink? To eat? Or maybe something for the lovely lady as well?” [/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
~Yuliya Markov and Sam Kulka~
Collab between: @Yuuki_Tatsunohi and @Ω Angel Ω
Interactions: @Ω Angel Ω
Mentions: Mayra Ruiz @The Writing Owl

Gads... Sam thought to himself at Yuliya's reassurances, I'm actually going to do this. I'm going to get stronger! He shifted his weight a bit, still keeping his eyes on the ground, but he couldn't keep a small, self-satisfied smile from stretching his lips. Fear was always a part of the equation, but at least now it was drowned out by the light of progress at the end of a fifteen-year-long tunnel. Shen's arrival with the orange packet only seemed to solidify the feeling.

"S-S-Solo, p-please..." Sam made a hushed squeak to try and voice his preference for the lessons as Shen ran through the packet. Groups seemed like a cool experience and all, and they were obviously good for making friends based on the recent demonstration, but Sam knew better. He just knew. He screwed things up with any potential "friends" no matter what the situation called for. A group wouldn't help him protect himself. It'd more than likely just get more people hurt. No, the less people involved in this whole training thing, the better. Besides, if he really needed saving, he'd feel better about a teacher doing the job. That's their job, after all. he reasoned.

All the thinking about friends brought Mayra back to mind, and Sam had to shake his head solemnly at the recollection. She saves your hide, gets hurt, and you just ditch her and...jeez Sam, stupid! Maybe this class'll at least help me grow some guts...

Speaking of guts, Sam tuned in just as Shen made his request for an assessment. The blond sniffed nonchalantly and looked up, as though a written test would be presented to him. It took a few seconds for the realization to hit him. This was a gym, not a class. Another subconscious sniff brought the weight of the sweat-scented air back into his mind, and his eyes, fueled by an influx of nerves, darted every which way. This was a gym. A gym! A gym! What am I, an idiot?! I'm not gonna get stronger, I'm gonna get myself killed!

With all of that in mind, Sam's confidence took shotgun to his fears. The image of the sad, timid boy was replaced with a baby bird in the hand of a hunter, chest heaving, head swiveling, arms fidgeting...about the only thing that hadn't changed were his eyes, still housing some kind of fierce determination to stay put. And so he did.

"Th...Thank you." Sam forced out the breathy reply as he took hold of the packet and pen, shakily filling out what he could, and all but signing his soul away to this strange new world.

Once Sam had finished filling out the form, Shen tore out the signed portion and handed the information part back to the blond boy. "Keep that, and read it over. Keep track of the schedule too." So it looks like this student wanted to go solo then. Doable, and he's mentored many students privately before. Likely solo lessons were within the boy's comfort zone given his rather quiet nature. If Shen hadn't realized it before, he would have thought the boy was trying to disappear into thin air.

"I'll take it from here, Yuliya," said Shen. "The punching bag is free right now."

"Oh, sure. I'll just change first." Yuliya walked away, but not before giving Sam an encouraging nod.

"This way, Sam." Shen headed for a large punching bag in the corner of the room. A cord hung below the punching bag, connected to a small computer with what looked like blank graphs and charts on the screen. "Punch right here on this red X--" Shen pointed at said red X on the center of the punching bag. "Punch as hard as you can, but don't use your powers."

With his signature handed off, Sam began flipping through the rest of the information, taking in as much as possible to keep his mind distracted. Rules, schedules, syllabi...all safety-zones for the blond. His breathing and nervous twitching settled down once he hit the second page, his eyes glued to the sheet.

Thanks to that, Yuliya's leaving wasn't such a big hit to Sam's confidence as it could've been. Sure it still made his heart go into double-time, but he managed to keep a grip in front of Shen. So the clinging phantom fingers that desperately wanted to reach out for his teacher, like a lost child for its mother, sank to the back of Sam's mind as he followed his terrifyingly stoic trainer to their destination: A punching bag. The various connections to it looked familiar to Sam, and he drank in that familiarity with a relaxed sigh.

No fights. No going toe-to-toe with the teacher like in all the movies and stuff. No ridiculous trials or risk of death...just straight-forward data. I guess I should give Mr. Shen more credit. Sam thought, trying to get a read on some of the technical instruments. As he stepped up to the X, Sam couldn't help but take some time to take a closer look, trying to find out how all the fancy hookups worked. After wasting a minute ogling nothing in particular, Sam shook himself out of his distractions and focused on the X, beginning his old song and dance of thinking way too far into what had to be done.

He said punch, but ma always said bare-knuckle punches hurt like the dickens. Should I use my palm? Maybe the hammer? Pa always said to do things "shoulder-first..." I wonder if Mr. Shen would get mad if I tackled it. And what about my elbow? Concentrated force and a small surface-area. That's science, right? Sam's eyes narrowed as he ran through the options, and another minute flew by before he finally decided to just punch the stupid thing. He had already broken a sweat just trying to figure out the pros and cons, and it really wasn't worth being so nitpick-y before training even officially began. Plus, Shen was probably getting impatient, and Sam didn't want to see what an impatient Mr. Shen looked like. He was scared enough as it was. Frankly...

Another minute passed. Sam looked up at Shen, then down at his feet, then his poorly-balled fist. Enough stalling. Sam lifted his arm and threw his hand forward with his best attempt at a menacing yell. It just felt right in the moment, though thinking back on it, Sam regretted it. His voice cracked, his fist had begun to uncurl before making contact, he missed the X by a small margin, his footing was helter-skelter, Gads Sam, you're a mess! Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing!

The blond's chest sank, and his face flooded with pink. All he could do was return his gaze to the floor. He waited patiently for Shen's word, whether to move from his place in front of the bag, or to try again. Either way, Sam felt like his training would be short-lived if this was to be his starting point.

Shen stepped off to the side as Sam stepped closer to the punching bag. The boy stared at the bag for a full minute. Shen crossed his arms but didn't say anything. Another minute passed and Shen was about to clear his throat when Sam looked up at him, as if unsure if he was really ready for all this. Shen nodded at the bag and once again waited for the boy to proceed.

Sam raised his fist and swung once, missing his target. The monitor remained unchanged, but in that first attempt, Shen gleaned a lot of what needed to be worked on. Posture and footing were a given; he wasn't surprised given that Sam was a Freshman at HSSI. Shen may not have seen Sam's profile, but he already knew the boy had little to no experience in combat. The yell could use some work, as well as making sure his fist stays as a fist. Shen also picked up an issue of self-confidence within him.

"Keep your hand in a fist. Do not open your hand when making a punch. You want to make sure these--" he pointed to his knuckles "--makes contact with this." He pointed at the red X. "Go on and try again."

Hearing Shen speak only made Sam's face turn redder. Well obviously I should keep my stupid hand into a stupid fist, and it's not like I didn't TRY to hit the stupid X on the stupid bag...

Sam's rare temper sank into his expression as he reared back again. He didn't bother with the yell this time. All he wanted to do was get it over with, and so he did. His fist, fully formed, found its mark. The moment it hit, Sam recoiled and shook his fingers out with a hiss of air. The material hurt a lot more than he expected it to, but at least it was done. The blond stepped back and took a shaky breath to clear his head. He did it. It took what felt like forever, and it didn't feel as accomplishing as he'd hoped, but he did it. Even so, he waited on Shen to speak before making another move. For all he knew, he was so weak that the instruments might not even register a direct hit from him. Feeling a bit self-conscious, Sam glanced at his arms. Working with his dad had put a little muscle on him, but looking at where he stood compared to his classmates, it just didn't feel like enough.

The monitor beeped once, notifying Shen that the data-gathering and number-crunching were complete. He briefly glanced at the monitor to see the linear graph that formed on the chart; There was one large spike that rose above a thin green line on the monitor before flatlining. That green line told Shen the punch slightly above the force of the average man. A little surprise given Sam's demeanor and build, but a good surprise.

"Good," he grunted. Shen changed the chart to allow the device to have a wider sensitivity in the bag. "Now kick it. As hard as you can. Afterwards, I'll test your reaction time."

Sam sniffed at Shen's next order. Kick? As in, with legs and feet? The blond took a deep breath to calm himself down. The fact that the monk had seen him flounder at hitting a static target at point-blank range, yet still insisted on making Sam look like an idiot, really didn't make sense to the poor kid.

Still, he wasn't one to go against authority. That, and Sam was actually a bit more confident about his foot-usage. He had once struck his parents speechless by opening and closing the bathroom door with his heel while reading a comic-book. Balance may have always been an issue, but dexterity was another matter for Sam. So with a bit less thought hampering him down, Sam lashed his leg out and planted a solid heel into the bag, hitting the X with ease. Sam would have smiled at the result, but he became wobbly as soon as the deed was done. A second later saw him on his hide, and there he remained, waiting on Shen to state the next order of business.

Shen watched Sam land a kick on the bag before falling on his behind. The monitor spiked, showing the impact of the kick. There definitely was power there, as shown by how high it spiked. Form, of course, will need work as well as balance, but Sam's kicks definitely held potential.

"Solid kick," said Shen. He clicked through on the monitor, sending the results to his email. He'll look over the data on Sam's kick and punch to figure out where to start, as well as send Yuliya the results so she has an idea how to approach training too.

Speaking of Yuliya, the auburn-haired woman emerged from the locker room, dressed in a comfortable purple workout racerback. She was wrapping her hands with purple boxing tape as she passed by. She waved at the Shen and Sam then finished her wrappings and approached another nearby punching bag. Tuning out all other major distractions, Yuliya started punching the bag, practicing a variety of move sets like it was second nature.

With Shen having obtained data on Sam's strength, form and balance, all that was needed was speed. His reaction speed. On the computer, Shen pulled up a website with HSSI's logo in the corner. The site on the screen looked like it had a bunch of simple minigames. Each game had a small description of what it was about as well as what they tested for. Shen clicked on one game and stepped back to give Sam the computer.

"Change of pace here," he began. "I want to see how fast you can react as well as comprehension. Just follow the instructions for each section and you'll be done for the day."

The first game had a bright red screen. It measured one's reaction time by having the user click the mouse once the screen turned to green. Another game that followed had a series of dots all over that had to be clicked in the order they flashed on the screen, and the final one simulated a car going down the road and the object of the game was to avoid incoming obstacles such as a deer, a falling tree or a villain's approaching laser. Shen wondered why the last one had that kind of theme to it, but it was developed by some past students for a Crux Lab contest and the school decided it could be a good learning tool, even making Sakchai use it for some of their students.

Sam couldn't help but smile at having his kick complimented. Solid meant good. Good meant he wasn't a lost cause. The embarrassment in his system started to steam out as he made room for thoughts on self-improvement. When Yuliya came out, the blond even felt at-ease enough to give her a wave back. Of course, seeing her level of focus at her punching bag made him quickly retract his hand in respect. Someday he'd be expected to be that good, he was sure of it.

It wasn't long before Shen had the next test up and running. Sam picked himself up to be surprised at the format. "C-Computer games?" he questioned, looking to Shen as if it were a joke. He didn't press further though. Whether it was a joke or not, Sam definitely wasn't going to complain. With practiced motions, the blond took his place and set his hand on the mouse. Now this was familiar. As he became accustomed to the chair and mouse, Sam's eyes almost fused with the screen in front of him, allotting pure focus to the task at hand.

Sam had little difficulty with the first game. There was a minor delay in a few of his clicks, and with others, hardly any delay at all. He didn't even bother to check with Shen as he proceeded to the next task. The dot game practically bowed to Sam at the end. His wrist movements were precise and accurate, and his memory didn't fail him once: A perfect score, he was sure. Finally came the car simulation. Sam floundered for a moment as he figured out the controls and experimented with the limitations of the test, but eventually he maneuvered his way through it too. After Sam finished, he wiggled the mouse around a bit more, hoping that something else would pop up. When nothing did, Sam seemed to snap back to reality. He slowly looked to Shen, eyes wide and uneasy, before snapping his head back to the computer screen, his safe space.

Sam seemed much more comfortable in front of computer screen. He flew through the little games with ease, taking little to no time figuring out the controls before finishing each game with high scores. It was impressive to see how Sam easily conquered the dot game, as well as figure out the rhythm of the car simulation. Fast and intuitive, thought Shen. This certainly was more of his element and if his power complimented that, then a hero career in intelligence and scouting would be an excellent field for him.

Of course, that didn't mean Sam shouldn't learn about martial arts as well.

"Okay, that's it," said Shen, nodding. "The assessment is finished, so I'll be looking over everything and making the lesson plan for you." He reached over and saved the results, emailing the scores to himself. "You may go and join Yuliya, or head back to the dorms if you wish. I expect to see you here Thursday at six o' clock sharp. I recommend having clothes for physical activity. Your gym uniform, which you will receive on your first day of Gym class, will suffice." He logged out of the computer and with that left.

Sam sucked in a deep breath at Shen's confirmation. That was it. He did it. Wow, that felt...unfulfilling. The blond sat in the chair for a while longer, wondering if he should be afraid, unnerved, or disappointed. He had gone and done all that fear-mongering in his own head for nothing, so it seemed, and Shen didn't give even a hint of emotion to help Sam along with his assumptions. Maybe this was a bad idea...

Eventually Sam picked himself up and caught sight of Yuliya. He was about to step over and see what he should do next, but seeing her still pitted against her punching bag, Sam decided it'd be better not to interrupt her. After a final inspection of his surroundings, Sam up and left Sakchai for the dorms. Tomorrow would come with its own set of challenges, he presumed, so it'd be best to de-stress while he still had the chance.

Rei Arias
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As Rei patiently waited for the reply he watched as an eager fellow approached, too eager. Rei brushed the eerie feeling off as he smiled at the fellow. Yes, it was quite odd that the man addressed him by last name but the other male seemed sincere enough. Rei just prayed he wasn't one of those males. He'd already had his encounters with men who'd shake his hands like they were some sort of bell. He ruffled his blond hair in slight thought as he murmured, "Appetizers first huh?" After he considered a few options he smiled politely at the man before him, "Now, now. I know she's beautiful and all but I'd appreciate if you wouldn't hit on m'lady." Rei jested referring to the manager calling Cora "lovely". From his menu he snuck a "little" glance at Cora before turning his attention back to the manager.

He didn't want Cora to feel uncomfortable in this situation so he decided quickly, "Hmn, perhaps some Edamame to start us off... How do you feel about Calamari?" Rei questioned addressing Cora, after a little internal debating with himself. He looked to the side surveying the sights once more. At the mentioning of his name a few neighboring tables were glancing between their company, their food, and Rei himself. For now he decided to brush them off. It wouldn't do to ruin the date just because of a little bit of attention. His watch began to flicker of color, a telephone and then a bunny appeared on the digital screen. Rei frowned swiping the screen to the right, declining the call.

Rei would take care of the call later it was of no importance to him compared to the situation at hand.

Interactions:

Cora Kitonobe x @IceQueen
W
aitor​

Cora Kitonobe
Interaction's- @xLarius
Cora was overwhelmed already as Rei complemented her endlessly. 'A kiss on the menu!? Who the hell makes that kind of complement!' Cora thought to herself, shoving the menu up and up father to cover her red face. If that wasn't enough now there was a manager running up to them and dashing them with words. It was a little too much. Glancing over her menu she prayed that her look of sheer panic and desperation sent a message. If she had the guts to squeeze his hand in front of these many people, but she didn't have the guts at all.

"Both sound good." She mumbled under her breath, looking at the manager. "Some lemonade would be nice." She added on, looking at the manager and then at Rei. Her eyes were drawn back to the menu as she tried not to drool at the options. "Fish...." She mumbled softly, looking up and then biting on her lip. "Could we possibly get some sashimi?" Cora asked softly, a little twinkle flickering behind her eyes.

COLLAB WITH @The Writing Owl @Yuuki_Tatsunohi & @Cosmic Penguin

Mayra had expected the man to use his powers-if he had any. It seemed only right, after all, that a supervillain like dude wouldn't just take to being trapped like this. However, Mayra hadn't expected his powers to be so... deadly. She froze as Will had a blade (bone, it was made of bone) pointed at her. She had to save her. She couldn't let Will get hurt. She couldn't just let her die. But. There was always a stupid but in these situations. But she couldn't let a supervillain have access to the whole school.

Throwing her hands up, Mayra tried to think about what to do. How could she help Will while stopping the villain? When the bone monster stepped closer, she reacted before she could think. The floor shot up between the blade and Will, thin but enough to give Will a chance to move away. "Look, we're just kids. We-we saw you steal another student's wallet!" Mayra hated how her voice wobbled. She took a shuddering breath. "We just want the wallet back, that's all! I didn't mean to hurt you, sir. We just... we're trying to be good students and heroes, that's all. So if you could please give us back the wallet..." Mayra swallowed, ignoring the way her hands were starting to shake.

"H-holy FUCK!" Will shrieked as a bone creature from her worst nightmares jumped between her and Mayra. Will skidded to a stop just as bone freak pointed a blade made of bone right at her. The teenager's heart thundered against her chest and in her horror, she dropped the phone. Oh god, this was the worst. The entire time she'd been in pursuit of the janitor, she'd been thinking up scenarios where he had different powers and how she and Mayra would defeat him but never in her wildest dreams had she thought he'd have this type of power. Will wanted to hide, she really truly did. She would have been able to deal with zombie manipulation, or ghost summoning or even clown mimicry--but skeletons? SKELETONS??!

Suddenly a thin sliver of the ground shot between her and the skeletal creature and Will stumbled backward, tripping over her own feet and falling on her ass. She felt her hand brush against something and she let out a little shriek before realizing that it was just the phone. Forcing herself to regain her bearing Will snatched it up.

"Hello?! Hello??!" She yelled into the phone.

The bone fiend backed away from the sliver of ground that protected Will. It still pointed it's blade at the girl, waiting for orders. The janitor sneered. Right. Good students. Good Heroes. In this society, being that meant giving him away to authorities, the ones who follow a fake hero, as the Master put it.

However, that was soon to become a reality the longer time went by. With the blue haired girl yelling into her phone for help and his feet trapped in the floor by whatever powers of the other one, it was only a matter of time before the higher-ups came flying in.

"Hang up the phone first," he barked at the blue-haired girl. The bone fiend moved slightly, it's pointed 'head' tilting its head at Will. The janitor turned to Mayra, holding out the stolen wallet. The most important thing was having the ID, the rest could be forgotten as long as he got out of there and gave his handler the item when they meet. "If I give you this back, then you let me go. I'll even call back my minion as well."

Mayra looked between Will and the janitor, glad to see some distance grow between Will and the monster. Good. Good Will wasn't in immediate danger. Mayra's nerves were alight as she kept shifting her gaze between Will, the monster, and the janitor. They were in a dangerous situation... a real dangerous situation. If she wasn't scared out of her mind, Mayra would have bust out laughing. At the very least she could look the janitor in the eye as he tried to compromise.

Biting her lip, Mayra took a deep breath. "Sh-show me what's in the wallet. It has to have-have everything in it otherwise you're still stealing." Even as she tried to puff her chest and sound confident, she shook and her voice hitched. Some hero-in-training she was. Just went to show that she didn't belong here. Hopefully, if Will and her got out of this situation alive she could start working on a plan to Get the Hell Out of This School. For now, she'd just have to make sure she and Will got the wallet back or at least stalled long enough for the school's staff to come and take the janitor away.

It seemed like the tall girl was also trying to drive her own bargain, asking to see the contents before doing anything else. Apparently, she wasn't keen on just settling for his deal either. He half wondered if she had had her own days where she made deals. Or not given the stuttering in her voice.

But how can he just give her the wallet? She wanted to see everything was still intact. Likely the two of them would question the lack of dollar bills which he'll gladly give up. As for the ID? No, that was a priority for the Master. He glanced between the blue haired girl and his bone fiend. Hmm . . .

He pulled out the stolen bills and folded them back into the wallet, showing the two that he was returning the money. "I'll give you this, but as soon as you got it, you let me go. Otherwise, your friend gets it." The bone fiend twitched, its blade barely grazing the protective shield separating it from Will. The janitor then placed the wallet on the floor and slid it towards the two girls, waiting for the tall one to comply with.

Mayra frowned as the janitor seemed to try and give her everything back. She looked down at the wallet, biting her lip. She looked over at Will, before leaning down and flipping the wallet open. Credit cards, money, but no id. Great. She couldn't just take the wallet and let the janitor go. But if she didn't take the wallet then the bone monster was going to hurt Will. She couldn't just keep making walls in between them. She'd run out of floor and she might even accidentally release the janitor and-wait. Mayra has powers. Mayra was at a school for kids with superpowers. Will has superpowers. Will could make a giant hand out of things around her, why was Mayra treating her like a damsel in distress?

Cautiously, Mayra picked the wallet up and turned to Will. "Hey, Will..." Mayra focused on the wall between the blue haired girl and the bone monster. Her toes curled. The wall broke down, chunks tumbling down around Will. Mayra's brow scrunched and more bits of the floor broke off into useable chunks. "Can you give me a hand? Mr. Janitor still needs to give me the id he stole."

At the janitor's order Will almost snorted. Seriously? Like she would actually hang up the phone. The teenager quickly lowered the call volume and squeezed the button on the side to darken the screen, the person on the other line, however, could still very much hear what was going on on their end. If this were a more light-hearted time, Will would have made a crack about the tech savviness or lack thereof of baby boomers. But this was a serious time, and she needed to get her shit together.

The janitor was trying to make a deal but HEROES DIDN'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS! Err--thieving janitors...Whatever, same difference. And as it turns out, the janitor wasn't holding up his end of the deal either, if Mayra's words were any indication. Scrambling to her feet Will let a mischievous grin spread across her face.

"No, problem." She practically crowed, her voice vibrating with excitement and nerves. On one hand--heh--she wanted to scare the pants off this dude. But on the other hand, she really wanted to make sure she didn't accidentally smush her crush. Wait a minute. Mayra can just rip it to pieces if the hand comes near her! Will thought, then her grin morphed into something wickeder. "You should have just given us what we asked for, bro." She chided the janitor before focusing on the crumbled wall before her.

Her arm began to glow, marking etched into her skin, turning a vibrant yellow. Simultaneously, the ground in front of her began to shake and quiver, then like a 3-D printer, the rubble began to form into a large hand. Will clenched her fists and the hand did the same. She leaned to the side of the skeleton monster and wiggled her eyebrows at the trapped janitor, before seizing his bone minion with the summoned hand and squeezing it like a stress ball. "How'd ya like my handiwork?" She quipped.

Damn kids. He was stupid to even think they would comply with his deal. He'd even held up his part of the bargain--well, most of it. Just had to be the 'heroes' here.

His bone fiend was about to stab Will, when what appeared to be a large hand burst from the ground, grabbing his minion before it could do anything. The blue haired girl said some hand pun as bright yellow markings appeared on her skin. She squeezed her fist, and so did the big hand, causing the bones to crack and break into little pieces that fell on the floor.

"Oh, big mistake."

Out of the smaller bone chunks, new minions formed. They hardly resembled any human skeletal frame, were less impressive, and less big than the previous one, but they outnumbered the girls. Each new minion also sported a razor sharp blade somewhere on its body.

"Get them!"

Several bone minions jumped at both girls, point their spikes at their bodies. A few others rushed to the janitor, trying to pull him out of the hole but to no avail.

"No use. You, take this." He held the ID to one minion. A crack formed along the bone. It opened like a mouth and held the ID in between its 'teeth.' "Take this and make sure it gets to the Master. Go!"

The bone fiend started to run, making heading further down the hall and away from the fight.

All the adrenaline from finally getting to use her power, delivering a kick-ass pun, looking cool in front of her crush and smashing a bone monster, evaporated as soon as the two girls were faced with the mini bone army. "...Oops..." Was all Will could say, as the bone minions surged forward, brandishing shiny bone sword things.

Will's hand was still intact so she started waving it frantically, to smack wave after wave of bone thing away, but each time she hit one, it ended up breaking up and making more. To make matters worse, one of the minions was running away with the ID! "Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap--wait!!" Will looked at Mayra with a bright smile. "Mayra! The floor is lava!!" She yelled and scrambled onto the trash can that the original bone monster had crawled out of. Hopefully, Mayra knew what she meant, and she wasn't tired out.

Mayra cursed as the bone monster just ended up becoming more bone monsters. "Are you kidding me?" She groused, her feet practically sliding along the floor as she tried to stop the little monsters. Small walls popped up to deter the monsters, but things were going south and quickly. One of the minions was running off with the ID and more of them were just being created and she didn't know what to do and-

Oh... For a moment, Mayra tried to figure out what the hell Will meant when she saw the girl scramble into a trashcan. Oh... Oh! Smiling, Mayra called out, "Right!" and took off her borrowed gloves. Kneeling down, Mayra focused. The hallway floor began to undulate, slowly morphing until it became fluid. Everything started to sink into the floor, Mayra the one exception. She could feel shivers starting to crawl up her spine and through her limbs, but Mayra didn't move until the blade of each bone monster was submerged. Once the threat was properly taken care of, Mayra took her hands off of the floor, visibly shaking and sweating. "All right... All right, this is fine." She looked over at Will, wincing as the trash can had sunk quite a few inches into the ground. Mayra thanked the blue haired girl's quick wit for keeping her safe in the face of Mayra's powers.

Standing up, Mayra grabbed Ms. Markov's winter gloves and slipped them on once again. She took a deep breath and started to walk toward the minion with the ID-only to stumble over her feet and nearly face plant into the floor. Arms flung out in a desperate attempt to balance herself, Mayra added dizziness and weak limbs to her list of Things She Hated About Her Powers. Taking a moment to try and rebalance herself, she finally managed to walk over to the formerly fleeing minion and take the ID back. "You know, we could have avoided all of this if you didn't steal the wallet in the first place." Putting the ID back into the wallet, Mayra could feel a rush of relief nearly topple her over. They did it. They actually did it. Mayra and Will had stopped a real life villain from enacting his nefarious plans.

He began to sink.

It happened at an alarmingly fast rate: the floor suddenly turned to liquid and his body sank lower and lower. He flailed, trying to find something solid to cling to, but the more he struggled the faster he sank until he was neck deep into the floor.

"No!" he screamed, watching as the minion with the ID was submerged into the floor.

The tall one replaced her gloves, walking over to the minion. She fell, extreme exhaustion visible on her features. The villain craned his neck to find a minion to go in for the attack, only to realize that every one of his creations had also been trapped. The blue-haired girl was perched on the trashcan, having saved herself from sinking. Her cellphone suffered the same fate as his minions so they couldn't call again, but what good would that do him at this point?

"No. We could have avoided this if you weren't a couple of damn meddling kids," he spat. "Bet you feel like big heroes now. Just like that bronze faker you all look up to."

The ID had been returned to its owner's wallet which was held securely in the fatigued girl's hand. It was over. The plan had failed. He had failed.

"Whooooo!!!" Will crowed and leaped from her perch on the trash can, arms in the air and looking all the world like an excited little kid. They'd won! They'd won! Her first super battle--no, their first super battle! Will turned her grin to Mayra, and rushed forward with one hand in the air for a high five. "We made a great team, didn't we?" She gushed, then froze. "Aw shoot my phone!" She lamented as she stared at the small, raised rectangle shaped object sticking out from the floor. She wondered if she'd be able to get a new one...Maybe the school would give her one? Speaking of the school...

"They're probably coming, right? I mean, they probably heard everything before the whole lava thing." She whispered to Mayra. But she pretty much already knew the answer. Even if the school didn't get the memo that bad shit was going down, their RA was probably wondering where the hell they were.

"Also are you okay?" Will inquired, eyebrows knitting together in concern. "You looked like you were gonna pass out earlier," she said. "Do you need me to hold y--err carry you?"

Will's joy was contagious. Mayra couldn't help but smile back and high five her back, laughing as she gushed. "Yeah, I guess we do," Mayra said. The happy atmosphere dampened a bit with Will realizing that her phone was now stuck in the concrete. Mayra blinked before feeling embarrassment boil hot in her stomach. "Oh! God, I'm sorry! Here let me see if I can..." She started to shift her foot and ended up grabbing onto Will's shoulder for some extra support. The floor around the phone shifted, freeing the phone and leaving it resting near the garbage can.

Mayra let out a shaky breath once that was done. Realizing she was almost leaning onto the other girl, Mayra let go of Will's shoulder and took a step back, blushing. "Hopefully it's not broken, but I'm not sure..." She frowned, looking over at the submerged janitor. "They should come... I mean, I'm sure they could hear at least something while the call was going on. It'd make sense to at least check out the area."

The silence was about to settle when Will turned a concerned stare Mayra's way. The tall girl stiffened, trying to figure out the appropriate response. "Y-yeah, I'm okay. A bit woozy, but I should be fine." Will's next suggestion lit Mayra's face on fire. Her stomach flip-flopped butterflies fought to escape her chest. She was sure her whole face from the tip of her nose to the tops of her ears was bright red. "A-ah, I mean, I should be fine-plus, you're just so short and I'm so tall and I wouldn't want to make you fall over but I mean you're probably pretty strong but also I'm just very tall and you're just so small and I should probably get my shoes so I don't keep leaving footprints in the floor and I'm just so, so tall and-" Mayra stuttered, her brain practically frying with the fact that this (very cute, very attractive) shorter girl was offering to carry her.

Mayra's flustered response triggered something in Will and suddenly she was tongue tied as well, thankfully before the girls could die from a cocktail of embarrassment and teenage hormones, they were rescued by the school officials.

• Love
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Click clack click clack! A woman by the name of Tania Peterson sat alone, rapidly typing away on the computer screen in front of her. Codes of various complexities flitted across the screen, each code marked by an indicator of what they correspond to: cafeteria, fighting grounds, training center, airspace proximity. There were other monitors in the room, each monitor showing a different location of HSSI and various weather reports. Much of her focus was trained on the codes, briefly glancing at the other monitors to check for any suspicious activity in the after-hours.

Large red letters that said “ALERT” suddenly appeared, breaking that focus. She narrowed her eyes at the rapidly blinking lights, miffed at the sudden pop-up and the prospect of having to start over. Her irritation was short lived as she got to work on investigating the alert. It was from the main office, an after-hours clerk who had transferred the call to her. As she listened to the call, Tania was already working on tracking down the location.

The call was coming from the dorms, and by the sounds of it, there seemed to be a few students who had a run-in with a criminal. She worked faster once she heard shouting on the other end and the telltale grunts of a fight going on. Tania’s heart skipped a beat when the line went silent, her fingers freezing in place.

No. They can’t—

She shook her head. There was no time to dwell on it. She found the location. She just had to find the nearest hero to help. She paged out an emergency notification.

ALERT: REPORTED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IN THE STUDENT DORMS. REPEAT: REPORTED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IN THE STUDENT DORMS. ALL HEROES WITHIN CLOSE PROXIMITY HEAD TO THE DORMS TO ASSIST. ALL HEROES WITHIN CLOSE PROXIMITY HEAD TO THE DORMS TO ASSIST.

* * *​

In the HSSI hangars, Savino Duke was busy checking the fluid levels of the shuttle when he received the page. His brown eyes turned green as he read the coordinates Tania sent. Dropping his tools, Savino practically flew out of the hangar and started running for the dorms. He picked up speed as he kept moving, his legs moving faster than humanly possible until he was almost like a blur. He wove through the streets, passing by a few pedestrians including Sam Kulka. The skin of his arm started to break into little segments, the entire limb rearranging itself until it formed a small cannon.

Savino arrived at the dorms and skid to a stop in front of an RA.

“Evacuate the dorms. This is an emergency and we need everyone out,” he barked. The RA nodded, running as fast as she could to alert students.

Savino continued, relaying the same message to other RAs and a few staff members. It wasn’t long before a crowd had formed outside, dorm residents following each other outside the dorm. Many questions were thrown about, the center topic being why they had to be evacuated, and if there was any danger the students, as future heroes, could lend a hand. The RAs could only explain they were ordered to evacuate and are awaiting news.

Savino soon found himself in an empty hall, approaching the location of the phone call Tania had tracked. Charging the cannon, Savino found the scene of the battle. It seemed the battle was already over as strange bone creatures frantically flailed in their spots in the floor, and two girls were in the midst of conversation. He recognized the two of them from the bus ride today, the tall one especially given the news of her recent fight against a Top Ten. He noticed a man’s head sticking up from the floor, his face livid and full of disgust.

Discharging his cannon, Savino turned to the two girls. “Did you two do this?”

“Aah yes, my apologies,” the manager said quickly.

As the two listed off possible dishes to order, the manager nodded vigorously at each one, commenting on how delicious each choice was and adding that each of them had good taste with more enthusiasm than needed.

“Why not all of them?” he suggested. Without waiting for a response, he then repeated loudly, “One Edamame, a Calamari, and Sashimi and lemonade for the lady.” The waiter behind him scrambled for a notepad, scribbling down each order. The manager smiled brightly at the two. “Coming right up!”

The order came quickly, the waiter and the manager carrying the plates and refilling the water glasses as an extra courteous gesture. The manager, smile still plastered on his face, bounced on his heels, waiting for the two to take the first bite and hear what they—particularly Rei—had to say. The waiter side-eyed his manager and his eager-to-please attitude.

“Let me know if you need anything else. Enjoy your meal!” The waiter then pulled the manager away, leaving the two alone to eat.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Rei Arias
Rei snuck another look at Cora before chuckling. It was too cute, he didn't know if he wanted to explode or simply nab his heart to instead implode it within himself. Although his smile twitched he kept the cocky persona up despite his hand on his heart. Rei was starting to regret this- He rapidly shook his head and slapped his cheeks. He didn't know what his problem was, but the whole point was to show Cora a good time. Not for his selfish deeds. He was quite surprised Cora didn't recognize him, well it was for the best. At least she wouldn't catch on about how friendly the staff was, he just mentally prayed she never came back to this certain establishment ever again. As he was suddenly brought back to reality his eyes widened realizing that the manager had went ahead and ordered everything they had suggested with a light heart. He chuckled in defeat unable to strip the manager of the pleasure he seemed to have found in the pair.

Thankfully the manager was dragged away by the singular waiter who served them in the first place. Finally alone. Well alone as it can get. Slightly annoyed at the ringing of his watch he took it off, promptly tucking it into his pocket. "We're going to be feasting like kings I suppose. Sorry not sorry if I happen to steal some of your servings." Rei commented, trying to resist drooling. "It's nice to confide in someone so.. Quickly. Its always been problematic trying new things with my... Friends. Find anyone else interesting lately?" His chopsticks made a satisfying crack as he pulled them apart before Rei shivered, pinching his earring. "U-Uh sorry just wait a sec. I have to leave to the- I'll be back." He quickly got out from his seat and practically dashed towards the men's room. Walking into an empty stall shivering as he took off his earring, his ear had turned slightly red he flipped on his watch. He opened his phone in irritation. His voice quiet, but had an edge to it. "What is this about William's body?"

In the meantime a waitress was serving a table when suddenly an angry woman shoved pass her, obviously angry about what her boyfriend had said. The waitresses hand trembled trying to keep the dishes balanced as she sighed in relief as the they stopped shaking. Then the man chased after her slapping down more than enough to cover his bill, "Bethany I said to wait darn it!" The waitress stumbled, the water from the pitcher full to the brim leaked out and sloshed all over Cora dripping down from the top of her head had also managed to splash into her lap. The waitress took a moment to process what had happened before beginning to freak out, "I'm so sorry miss I don't know what exactly happened- I'm so so sorry!" She looked frantically around for napkins. It was bad enough that the couple had attracted attention by yelling for each other but now with her hushed not so quiet gasp it couldn't help but be noticed.
Interactions:

Waiter + Manager​
[/hr]

• Nice Execution!
Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @xLarius
Cora was still feeling a little frazzled at all that was going on. After all she was on a date with a boy who was undeniably cute and then she was practically assaulted by the manager trying to order food. And on top of all of that she had ordered a mountain of fish. The second the food hit the table her mouth began to water. Thankfully Rei was a little too distracted by his watch which he had shoved away so suddenly. And then he was pinching his ear. This did draw her attention upwards, but her mouth was so stuffed with shashimi she couldn't really ask about it as he darted away from the table. Blinking in confusion at what had just gone on her instincts kept drawing her back to the fish. It was like she'd ceased all thought but eating all of the food they had ordered. And she would have made good on that promise if nothing happened.

Yet as usual, Cora's luck was atrociously awful that day. As she was ready to take a bite into some lovely tuna sashimi the movement of a bogged down waitress caught her eye. The woman who had brushed against her was clearly angry at something which only frightened Cora more. She wanted to help, she was a hero now after all, but her long engrained memories of being yelled at for even speaking a word kept her mouth shut. And then things got worse. The man who had apparently pissed off the woman from earlier came by the waitress. Cora was instinctively drawn to what was going to happen next when her vision was blanketed by her hair. A cold damp feeling began to seep through her from her head to her toe.

Cora couldn't think straight, it was like her mind had gone blank. Her mouth was still full of sushi as the thoughts kicked in. "Oh fuck." She mumbled to herself, body going into panic mode. As the waitress was looking around frantically for napkins Cora shot out from her chair and went to shove past the woman. She didn't care if she was being rude, no one wanted to see her like she was about to be. She only had about five seconds left anyway. Her shoe caught on one of the waitress' shoes and down she came. By the time Cora was trying to scramble to her feet it was too late.

Feeling her legs combine together the sound of her bottom clothes loudly ripping to shreds filled the entirely silent restaurant. Now everyone really was looking at her. "P-Please don't look at me." She pleaded feebly as she felt herself succumbing to the change. Where her legs were just moments before appeared a shiny tail that glittered in the light of the restaurant. Her hesitant blue eyes now shone a vibrant lilac as she looked around. Her body had changed yet again, soft pearly scales shining across her arms and torso. Her scales disappeared right around her belly button which gave way into smooth flesh. Clawed hands and sharp teeth were poking out, her finned ears moving slightly as they adjusted to the cold air. For a moment the entire restaurant was silent, all the eyes from every table leaning over to stare at her. It didn't take long for everyone else to realize what had happened.

And then came the scream. The first one was from the woman, Bethany, who had been escaping. The worst one came from Cora seconds later. Her lips quivered slightly in fear as she looked around. All they could see was a monster. Her worst fears had come true and it was only day one. Soft sniffles escaped her before the first wail left her lips. Sobbing on the floor of the restaurant, her voice began to shake the building, only enticing more panic from every human in the restaurant.

SAM:

Sam tossed back and forth on the idea of getting stronger as he walked back to his dorm. The training regiment looked like it would be really intensive, and that was the last thing he wanted, but at the same time, it'd probably get easier as time went on. It was an invariable balancing act of patience, and while the blond didn't want to believe he had the capacity for it, the truth was that he had already steeled himself. Preparation being an inherent part of his consciousness felt more like a curse than a blessing at times like these.

For a moment, Sam had simply been staring at the ground, lost again as his thoughts began to wander. It was only after a nasty gust hit him that he realized he wasn't walking anymore. Quickly, he picked his pace back up before another distraction could render him immobile again. Before long, the blond arrived at the dorms, only to see his peers gathered together in subdued panic. Something about danger. Evacuation. Help. Assistance...that sort of jazz. A tingle ran up Sam's spine as the situation settled under his skin.

All he had been wanting since the end of classes was to hole up in his dorm, write a brief rapport to his parents, and relax. Just relax... Sam wished, though to no avail as RAs worked their way around the crowd, keeping everyone penned up and out of harm's way. It looked like he'd have to just keep riding things out. It was bound to end eventually...

Last edited:
Yuliya landed one hard punch on the bag then took a few steps back, breathing heavily from her recent punching spree. She wiped the sweat off her brow, padding over to her gym bag. It had been a while since she went all out on a punching bag, but she was glad she had decided to let off steam doing so. That proud feeling that a punch made the bag swing in a big arc in its hinge overshadowed her previous worries.

She pulled out her water bottle and phone, taking a long chug from the bottle as she unlocked it. About two seconds into checking her messages, her phone vibrated, Tania’s notification flashing across her screen.

The dorms! Shen came out too, phone in hand as he eyes met with Yuliya’s. They nodded in unison and the monk pulled two staffs off the nearest wall when the entire building shook, a loud wail causing everything in Sakchai’s to shake

“What was that?” asked Yuliya.

“I don’t know but I’m sure we’ll find out soon.” He handed Yuliya one staff.

“Well, the school needs our help too. Shen, I’ll head to the school, you find out what that noise was.”

Yuliya didn’t wait to hear what else Shen had to say, bursting out of the dojo and running straight for the dorms. Running seemed to take forever. She cursed to herself; if only she had her trigger, then she would be there in no time. She could only hope that other heroes had arrived before her.

She reached the dorms to see a crowd had formed outside. Upperclassmen and local heroes were tending to everyone while making sure nobody strayed. She relaxed just a little bit, keeping her staff in hand as she approached the nearest RA. The RA told her everything she knew: Savino arrived and ordered the entire dorm to be evacuated before heading further into the dorms. Local heroes and staff had also arrived, some following Savino for backup while others assisted in attending to the students. Nobody out here was sure what exactly was going on, but it looks like everyone had acted accordingly.

“If they need help inside, I will go assist, but for now I’ll help out here,” she told the RA before going around to anyone who may be in need. She noticed a familiar head of curly blond hair among the crowd, her homeroom student looking anxious.

“Oh, Sam, you’re here,” she said. “I didn’t know you had left Sakchai’s already.”

She noticed Philomela and Il-Seong were also nearby, the two of them approaching her as they found a familiar face. Ilea had also appeared, standing just outside the crowd with her hand over her mouth. Other then these four, none of her other students were to be seen, but she hoped none of them had gotten caught in whatever had happened here.

The entire restaurant of Hanako shook.

If the customers weren’t busy covering their ears from the deafening cries of the girl-turned-mermaid before them, they were screaming as their drinking glasses burst and some overhead lights dangerously swung in its hinges. The manager yelled something at the waiter, but his words were lost among the wail and panic from the screams and soon to collapse restaurant.

The walls cracked, a few tiles in the men’s room breaking in half. People made way for the door, shoving each other away to be the first one out. The woman named Bethany lost her footing and fell to the ground, shielding herself from the people trying to run. Dust fell on top of her head, and Bethany looked up just as the large chandelier started to fall. She almost met her end, until four pairs of arms appeared, catching the chandelier.

Shen huffed. “Go!” he yelled, another pair of arms sprouting from his back and covering his years. “Go!”

Bethany wasted no time, scrambling to her feet and running as fast as she could, followed closely by the manager and a few of Hanako’s employees.
[/fieldbox]

Will Washington
Interactions: @The Writing Owl (Mayra)
@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Will whipped around to see the kick-ass terminator bus driver dude approaching them with a cannon for an arm that he quickly discharged. Will wanted to ask about it but didn't know if that would be offensive to robots...err...cyborgs..? Was Mr. Savino a cyborg? Or was he like Iron Man? Or...Ultron? Maybe he was like a transformer and the school bus was his true form. Wait no, that makes zero sense--Will shoved these thoughts to the back of her mind, knowing that her mind was only racing because of the adrenaline and the whole, mutual tongue-tied-ness with Mayra. She needed to focus.

"Did we do this?" She repeated the man-bot's question. She looked down at all the creepy, trapped skeletal minions. Her gaze washed over the evil janitor, glowering at them. The half-submerged trash can, the absolutely ruined floor, the exhausted Mayra..."What answer ends in us not getting in trouble for all the damage?" She inquired, a tense smile on her face. Would the school bill her and Mayra for all the stuff they broke? Would they bill their parents? God, Will's mom would curse her to hell and back--literally. "Because if we--allegedly--" Lawyers said stuff like that to stay innocent, right? "did this, but stopped a bad dude from doing bad stuff, who would get in more trouble, exactly?"

Mayra Ruiz
Interactions: @Cosmic Penguin, @Yuuki_Tatsunohi Mentions: N/A​

Mayra nearly wanted to cry in relief when an adult finally showed up. She recognized the man as the bus driver from earlier, just with a new cannon arm. She was ready to just head back to her room and pass out when the man asked if she and Will had done all of this. Freezing, she looked over at Will and watched as the shorter girl tried to come up with some way to get them both out of trouble. Mayra hadn't even thought about that. Was there some kind of rule about using powers outside of school hours without permission? But if they hadn't done anything then...

Words were spilling out of Mayra's mouth before she could stop them. "I-I can fix the floors!" Stupid, stupid, stupid! What was she thinking? She kept talking, unable to stop herself. "I-The janitor was stealing a kid's wallet. We-someone had to stop him. He was talking to-to some kind of villain on a computer and he had a weird flash drive thing and they wanted to infiltrate the school and that's obviously evil, right? So-so I can fix the floors and nobody gets punished and everything's fine!"

At some point in the middle of her little speech Mayra had started shaking. She really wanted nothing more than just to lie down and go to sleep, but Will could get into some serious trouble if she didn't help try to fix this. Mayra tried to focus on the bus driver but everything was spinning and she was just so tired and-the floor was much closer than Mayra anticipated, the girl's legs crumpling underneath her.

• Love
Rei Arias
"I'm sick of you being selfis- Me!? If I were home you know that mother wouldn't- No I'm not using mother as a shield or an excuse! How dare you- No Luna does not always take my side - Of course I always answer her calls! What nonsense is this about unfair treatment!? We don't have the time if he's gone missing you know mother is going- You're the one at home. You were supposed to protect him!" Although Rei's patience was running out he still kept his voice at a crisp hush. He massaged his temples in irritation. No matter how physically far away he was no matter what he did he could never run. Every bone in his body was screaming. He just wanted to- His attention was suddenly snapped back as he noticed first a shriek, and then chaos ensued. A criminal? In this establishment!? "We'll continue this at- No I'm not avoiding you- WHAT IS THAT A BIRD!?!?" Rei screamed the last part then wore a sly smirk. He took off his earrings and then switched his phone off, trying to mask the panicked expression worn on his face. He flinched as he watched the tile crack. What on earth was this villains power level? Why did it choose now and here?

He then in haste slammed the bathroom door open before scanning the scene. He watched as the customers were running off screaming, then realized the piercing sound coming from the middle of the restaurant. A villain or- A mermaid? Or maybe it was even worse, a siren? No it wasn't a lull... He wasn't sure how much he could think as the sound was overwhelming. A man then gripped his arm motioning towards the exit before nudging Rei in that direction. Then he frantically looked around, perhaps Cora was already on the way out- Then he recognized Cora. How could he not from all the starin- Internally he coughed promptly ending that thought. He shook his head before climbing on the table, his knees practically screamed in pain as he first ran then slid to her. Hands were still clutching as the pain was becoming insufferable.

It was amazing she didn't knock herself out from the volume of her shrieks. If he was skilled enough he could've shocked her- Similar to a taser. He wouldn't have done it anyways. Something about never hurting a lady. Chivalry code and all. Rei's never been too sure of how exactly to calm women despite his ever so flirtatious nature. This had always been the case when he was at home too. Every time he had gotten a call for work something had switched off in his girlfriend's head. All the strain he had put on her- He sharply inhaled and against his better judgement removing his hands from his ears he simply wrapped his arms around Cora and hugged her tightly. He flinched at the sudden increase of sound and tried to tune it out he could've sworn he felt liquid in his ears but yet he still held on. He murmured, "It'll be fine I won't let anything hurt you." Although drowned out by the noise, he wasn't sure who exactly he was talking to- For sure not himself. He wasn't sure how much longer he could hold out.

Interactions:

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Cora Kitonobe
Interactions- @xLarius
It was rather hard to think through all her cry, though she knew whatever was happening around her was also her fault, which only made her cry more. It seemed like there was a never ending tide of sadness washing over her body second by second. So far nothing had managed to get through the noise. It was like she was stuck back in that god awful tank again, curved acrylic walls, no way out. She heard the distant crash of a chandelier but it was almost like it was a mile over. All she could hear was white noise, a soft ringing in her ears and the sound of her sobs that racked through her body.

"Don't look at me!" She wailed effortlessly, her hands coming up to her eyes to try and block her from seeing them. She was going into full blown panic attack mode. She would scream herself dry and pass out at this rate. Yet even as she wailed Rei was making his way towards her. Cora could barely hear his footsteps across the broken floor tiles over her sobs but she could still register them. She tried to turn her torso away, though without legs running was a it futile. She couldn't really go anywhere with her long silvery purple and blue tail hanging out on the floor in front of her. She had let everyone see her monster, her demon, on the very first day of school and on her first and probably only date as well. She felt awful. She tried to bury her hands deeper into her eyes.

"It'll be fine I won't let anything hurt you."

The words struck Cora through all the noise, her voice halting where it was. It was like time had been frozen for her, she could no longer wail out. Tears still streamed down her face as she ducked her head. The real world slowly came back to her. Shattered glasses, fearful people, she'd done everything wrong yet again, possibly ruining the rest of her life. They would for sure lock her up now. Her sobs soon came back but the sheer volume had decreased all the way. She was too tired to wail now, not that she knew she'd used up her reserves, but she still cried none the less. An eerie silence drew over the restaurant, soft sobs being the only thing to fill the void she'd created.

"Don't look at me, I'm hideous." Cora hiccupped, using the back of her now webbed hands to brush away her salty tears. Under her shirt her scales began to peak out, dotting across her midsection both rising up from her tail and down from the covering of her chest. She still looked distraught. She tried to curl in a tighter ball to hide from everything. "I'm a monster." She sobbed softly. Seeing the cracked tile around her and the leagues of shattered glass only made her tears worse as guilt set in. She'd learned nothing, she couldn't control anything, she'd ruined a restaurant which she didn't have the money to pay for repairs. She was most certainly going to be expelled and transported at this point.

The wails came to a pass, gradually quieting down. The building stopped shaking as well, giving Shen the much-needed relief. His ears were still ringing, but that was fine; whatever had caused those screams had stopped and that was the most important thing.

Gently, he laid down the chandelier, the glass clinking against the floor with little pieces falling off. Shen could feel small pieces of glass embedded into his back. Using the extra limbs he grew, he pulled out as many as he could find though he will need to see Rhys sometime after this and check if there were any lingering little shards, or if there might be any unseen damage.

He looked at the source of the noise, finding a young blond man embracing a young, crying girl. They looked like teenagers, no older than high schoolers. Possible from Hercules? Shen wasn’t sure. He stepped closer to the couple to check if any of them were hurt, then froze. The girl’s upper body looked normal, for the most part. There was a light purple sheen on her skin and a pattern that reminded Shen of scales. Her lower body, however, resembled that of a fish tail. Every now and then, the tail shook as did the rest of her as sobs racked her body.

Tentatively, he approached the two while keeping himself alert in case either of them decided to pull something. He cleared his throat. “Are any of you hurt?”

Savino raised an eyebrow at the blue haired girl. ‘Allegedly’? That along with her questions made it suspicious. Fortunately, the other one explained the situation with everything she could remember, albeit in a rushed manner. Savino was about to ask the girl to back track and explain what she meant about a flash drive and some plan to enter the school when she suddenly fell.

“Woah, woah!” Savino rushed right to her, stopping her from hitting the floor. “Here, okay let’s take a seat here.” He pulled the girl to the nearest wall, avoiding the twitching bone minions. “Just catch your breath for now.”

He looked back at the scene before him. The odd bone creatures sticking out of the floor, some of them wriggling in their spot. The trash can that was halfway through the floor, and the man in the center of it all, still trying to escape from the hole he had sunk into.

Savino turned to Will. “If what your friend says is true, then no, you won’t be in trouble. Nor will you be in trouble for any damages. However, I would like to see some proof. Show me the wallet, and if you can, this mysterious flash drive.”

“Ms. Markov, we were just suddenly told to evacuate the dorms,” said Il-Seong. “Do you know what’s going on? Are we going to fight a villain soon? If so, I’m all prepared!” Il-Seong held up his hand with four paper shuriken in between each finger then struck a pose.

Yuliya shook her head. “I’m sorry I don’t know what’s going on. And as much as possible, I hope we don’t have to fight either.”

“You weapon though.” Philomela pointed at the staff in Yuliya’s hand.

“Precaution,” she said. “I don’t know what is going on or what we’re dealing with, so I came prepared. Anyways, just stay on campus and stick together if possible.”

Yuliya bit her lip. To not have any information about what was going on was the worst. She wasn’t new to this; she’s had many situations where there was a lack of info. Though she never got used to it. It was just so unnerving diving into anything blind. Best one could do was improvise as you go along.

An RA yelled something, pointing at an upperclassman further away from the dorms than everyone else. He waved his hand, enlarging it for everyone to see. He was the same student who guided all the freshmen earlier in the day. He made a motion, beckoning the students to come to where he is. Yuliya ushered the students in the direction of the upperclassman, keeping a close eye on her students. Ilea soon joined them, looking back and forth between the crowd and the dorms.

“What’s going on?” she asked. Yuliya could only shake her head.

Philomela crossed her arms, sighing. “Wow, aside from it being the first day at HSSI, we’ve already had our first fight, and now this.” She gestured to the assembled crowd of students. “An eventful first day, right, Sam?”[/fieldbox]

SAM:

Sam dug his toes into the inserts of his shoes, twisting his lips in thought. The vague murmurings of his peers went in one ear and out the other for a while, but then Yuliya arrived, weapon in hand. Seeing her approach made Sam catch his breath, but it also woke him up to a few familiar faces from homeroom. With a hand on his chest, the blond sighed and tried to be a bit more attentive. That's when Il-Seong spoke up, talking about villains as if that were obviously what was going on. Sam stifled a gulp, but stayed quiet. Philomela spoke up next, pointing out the staff in their teacher's hand. Sam strung a hand through his hair, still feeling lost in the midst of everyone. There was too much noise. Too many people. The curly-haired teen just wanted to go to his dorm after his first official "workout" in forever, and there was no details, and nobody was saying anything definite, and-

"H-Huh!?" Sam nearly shot out of his skin when Philomela spoke his name. Did she know him? Were they friends or something? "I-I, I mean, y-yeah? Th-This is, u-um, I mean i-it's..." His eyes hyper-focused on the ground underfoot as he tried to bubble out an answer, as if it were something that needed answering in the first place. Villains, heroes, fighting, weapons, emergencies, evacuations...what are we talking about? Sam's thoughts were once again ahead of his mouth, but in one of those rare moments, something synced up.

"...m-maybe it's, I, u-um, it c-could be related to B-Blackwater?" Yeah! Yeah, the penitentiary! I was gonna ask Ms. Markov, but then... Sam trailed off, both in his thoughts and in his words, as the stars of his communication skills unaligned once more, but the comment was made, and Sam seemed like he was waiting for an answer despite his unassertive stance.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Will Washington
Interactions: @The Writing Owl (Mayra) & @Yuuki_Tatsunohi (Savino)

Will once again thanked God that Mayra was around to tell Mr. Savino the truth. The blue haired girl kind of felt stupid for not doing that in the first place but in the end, everything was going swell--”Oh Mayra!” She yelped when the other girl collapsed. Her hands twitched at her sides and her mind raced but she didn’t move to help the other girl. Thankfully Mr. Savino stepped in to assist her, leaving Will to feel like the dumbest girl in the world. Why didn’t she do something? She could have carried her! Or let her lean on her! Or just something!

Well, the least she could do is provide proof for Mr. Savino. “Well the call I placed to the school’s office earlier should have some recording of a bit of the conversation between us and bone dude. But as for the flash drive…” Will’s gaze slid to the villain stuck in the ground. “It's probably in his...pocket.” Dang it, the drive was probably in his pockets and crushed into dust by the floor. “Oh! But his office! Well not his office since he obviously isn’t a real janitor, but the custodian’s office down the hall! He plugged the drive into the computer in there and talked to some guy! Uh...I don’t know who exactly but--OH YEAH!” Will pumped her fist in the air and sneered at the trapped villain. She had his ass now! She turned back to the teacher. “When he put the drive in the computer, these symbols popped up! Um, it kind of looked like a red triangle and a circle. Does that help?”