Herald's of Change

Kthicon.png
Character: 'Kth'
Interaction: Tasarla @Kyatto Aliza @Elvario
Mentions: N/A​

Initially Kth had simply shaken her head slightly in response to the offer of the flask. After all, she did not know this woman or these people. This could all be one overly elaborate test. This would not be the first time, though perhaps it might be the last, that her line of work had caused her to have to sit through many an elaborate scheme simply so she could reach her target in peace. This would also not be the first time that someone had attempted to poison her. If she believed anyone in the room was capable of poisoning her she would not voice her concern out loud. She had every notion of continuingly to refuse the flask. That was until she felt a sudden light pressure on top of her head. Her entire body froze immediately, eyes going wide before her gaze shifted to find exactly who had just touched her. It was the large woman, Aliza, for... some reason.

For several moments she just stared at her, seemingly oblivious to anything else that happened to be going on around her, before she slowly reached out to accept the flask from Tasarla. She took a deep swig from the flask, her head falling back enough to loosen the scarf around her head slightly. Then she simply handled the flask back, standing up from her crouched position next to her. Her expression was now one of tense discomfort, whether it had been from the pat on the head, the alcohol in the flask, or the words that were being readily spoken, none could easily say. Though, there was a strong chance that it was between suddenly being touched and whatever alcohol she had just ingested.

Melaina Sullivan

Melaina sincerely and heavily regretted getting into this mess. Seeing Otto threaten to beat up (or do worse to) one of the least harmful looking people around, the wounded girl, for the mere fact that she got him wet twice in a row, wasn't very comforting. Sure, she'd be pretty freaking annoyed as well, but someone in charge threatening a wounded, confused and probably scared woman, wasn't exactly a good sign. She had to do whatever she could to stop herself from asking Tasa, 'Hey, did you change your judge of character towards these freaks yet? Told you so.'

On the other hand, the guy pretending to be a noble was even worse. She was outright fuming at his remarks towards her, puffed up cheeks and all, and his staring didn't help either. That said, she knew that trying to reason with the crazy was more likely to get you infected with their crazy than to get them cured. She figured she'd ignore the living daylight out of him. At least now, and for as far as she could do so.

At the very least, the oddball that had been cleaning the place had the necessary brain capacity to back her up. Sadly enough, he had to ruin it by following it up with the most hollow words ever. Those whom were the first to claim they wouldn't betray others often were the ones most likely to do so. To that extend, he had only made himself suspicious to her.

Finally, and she immediately thanked the heavens for it, the suited woman from before spoke up, and made at least enough sense for Melaina to feel like there was a sign of sanity within her. Sure, most of it was ideologically driven nonsense, but it was still sensible enough to warrant a reply. Before she could give such a reply, however, Lucien spoke up, with just another load of nonsense. At this point, she was frustrated enough to want to face him properly, which couldn't really be done for as long as she could barely look over the table, so she made the finally step towards admitting to her vertical problems, and just climbed atop the table itself. It wasn't good manners, but at least the effort brought her a tad bit closer to eye-level with the people she was talking with.

She held up a finger. “First of all, you did not give me enough information to get me interested. You brought us here under false pretences, suddenly told us you want to go after the most ridiculous goal possible, and then refused to give us any details. You're planning to make sure we can't talk by keeping us locked up here, or maybe you're even planning to kill us, so what's the point in keeping your plans hidden? Let me guess, it's because we're just sacrifices? Or is it because you don't even have a plan?” A second finger was held up. “Secondly, while you do indeed seem strong, it's not your strength that will decide our safety, nor will it decide the outcome of this plot. It's your intelligence. A stupid plan can send even the best of people to their deaths. Sadly enough, the only one that seems to have a decent enough amount of intelligence so far, is the suited miss.” A third finger got added. “Thirdly, if you want people to go along with your plans and ideas, give us some evidence that they won't get us killed, not now, and not later on. I'd like to give you credit for being able to organize all of this, but if you're too unsure of whether you picked the right people to even tell them a snippet of an actual plan, it seems more like you just gambled away than that you used some reasoning behind the choices.”

Having said all that, she realised she might have just pissed off the leader of this bunch. That wasn't the most tactical thing to do, so she quickly went through her choices. Well... there weren't many choices. Only the suited woman seemed like someone she could deal with, and she did have a reply to give her, so that was her best bet. As a result, she headed over towards Tyler, walking over the table, as you do when you're tiny. Having potentially pissed off one person, she'd better do her best to butter-up to the other...

Having gotten as close to Tyler as she could get, without being too close for comrfort, she faced Tyler directly, as she spoke up. “Miss, I like your ideals of freedom. I truly do. However...” she held up the eye-patch to show her missing eye “... the last time I trusted someone, I lost it. If you really wish to help me trust you, unlike how your companion seems to wish to use us as his entirely expendable pawns for whatever game he has in mind, give us something to go by, give me something to go by. You say we're important, and I'd like to believe so, but I just got told that I'm only here due to my size.” It was time for a short, yet dramatic, pause. “Our species may have been decimated, but I'm not the only Fae left. It might be difficult to find another, but it's not impossible. In other words, I've basically been told I'm as expendable as it gets. Just the first random Fae on the streets. For as much as I pride myself in my scroll-making, my size isn't unique at all.”

She sighed. “How, then, am I meant to trust the fact that I'm indeed needed in the future? That I'm not just a sacrifice? If all that matters is my size, and if I'm not even given a hint of the future plan. How can I do anything other than to assume that I'm not part of the future, and that that's why I can't be told about it?” She hoped this had a chance at putting Tyler on her side. That said, there was more. To her own surprise, she could actually be honest about it. “It would be great to bring down the Tsar, I'd love nothing more, and it'd be great to have trustable allies to help me do so, but right now, everything seems to give me reason to believe the opposite. Now matter how desperate I might try to suspend any distrust, I'm only given more and more reasons to fear for my life and well-being.” With all that out of the way, Melaina could do little more than to hope that her results were enough to give her some insight into the future, and some level of guarantee of safety.

--------------------------------​
Mentioned: Otto @Dakota K5 Tasalra @Kyatto Daisuke @Kurogane86 Lysithian @Verran
Interacted with: Lucien @conman2163 Tyler @SoleStride

(Italics are thoughts, bold is speech.)

Tasarla Ekko
Interactions: @Dakota K5 , @Elvario , @signed Kiss , And Anyone Else That Wants to Interact
Tasa looked quite like a kicked puppy in a corner as Ottos reprimanded her for coating him in a much colder temperature of water. It wasn't her fault.. Completely. He probably went around burning people when he first found out he could control a whole fucking element! For gods sakes, she was definitely not a baby horse! Maybe should would have sent a look his way if she didn't feel so sad. Without her even noticing her head turned toward the floor and a fluffy black cloud appeared over her head. It only rained on her, a very comical thing to look at overall and she had no control over it yet. It didn't help that Otto sent a bit of heat her way too.

"Sorry... I'm not sure what all this is or how it works or why I'm here-here! Well I know why I'm here, the guards accused me of using magic but I don't have magic so it makes no sense." Tasa rambled a good minute because she really had no fucking idea what the hell was going on. Instead, she took a drink from her flask from Kth as it was handed back to her and went back to pouting under her rain cloud. Her very personal rain cloud. A lot of people here seemed eager to help her which labeled them as nice but now she was sort of doubting that. Killing someone? That wasn't all that nice at all.

They all seemed to have skills of some kind and the only skill she seemed to have was annoying people and getting people drunk, they thanked her for it though.

The Karien brothers ventured far to make it to their destination. The suburbs of Ruby City were foreign to the two foxfolk, one’s gaze having a glitter of wonder while the other had a grain of paranoia. Here they were though, two dead skaven standing before a chance to do something beyond their mediocre courier work. Before they could make the final step forward though a small dispute rose between the two.

Suddenly, Kain reached out and grabbed his taller brother by the wrist, stopping him from pressing on. “I don’t like this, what if it’s a trap?” He asked, his crimson red eyes peering critically over the scenery in front of them. It looked refined, elegant, something that he had never seen before. There had to be strings attached, but what?

His brother continued to walk for a bit in wonder and amazement before being tugged back from his brother, to which he smiled for a bit, still in awe at the new sights of the city. “And what if it isn't?”

Kain opened his maw as if to answer, but a word never came. He instead looked around their surroundings for a brief moment. “Well, if you put it that way…” He mumbled as he released his brother from the halting grip. “... Then you get to go in first. Afterall you are the bigger one.”

Cain held up his nose proudly, walking stride towards the mansion walls, dropping his maw with amazement as he looked at every sight, even stopping to stare a bit at the foliage before walking to it’s front door, giving the door a few loud pounds. He called out to his brother.

“See, all safe!”

The smaller brother crossed his arms with a huff of relief before he walked up the walkway, his eyes running over every detail that surrounded them. No signs of traps, no signs of anyone spying on them… Perhaps this is legitimate. He stopped by his brother’s side and looked up at the front door, then at his brother. “Well, here we are. No turning back now.”

His brother shook his head frantically in agreement, before giving his smaller brother another hug. “Just in case you needed it!”

[IMG alt="Dakota K5"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/12/12072.jpg?1556099340[/IMG] Dakota K5 , [IMG alt="Elvario"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/30/30360.jpg?1575116188[/IMG] Elvario , [IMG alt="signed Kiss"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/27/27816.jpg?1557933144[/IMG] signed Kiss , And Anyone Else That Wants to Interact

also collabed with @Furasian as Kain.

Tyler Haak
Mentioned: @conman2163 @Dakota K5 @Kurogane86 @Elvario @signed Kiss @Kyatto @Verran @Nue @Furasian @PoetLore @Giftvi

Tyler kept leaned back in her seat to watch as the Fae woman reamed Lucien a new one. It was funny and she made many good points. She personally didn’t have any room to speak up on Lucien’s behalf as the upcoming plan was more his baby than anyone’s, but she really did want to assure these strangers that they were not being used as simple pawns. The four current owners of this house knew enough about being used like pawns to know that it was a shitty way to be treated. So even though she wouldn’t be able to speak to the intelligence of the plan Lucien had in mind, she would do her best to help in her own way.

Those thoughts ran through her head when the Fae abandoned her speech to Lucien and instead turned to her. Tyler rose an eyebrow as the small woman diverted her attention to her instead, looking down to see her while she drew nearer. She was even more adorable up close. The small creature even decided to reveal her missing eye in order to make her point, something Tyler and the rest should sympathize with at least a little bit. After another rousing speech aimed at Tyler, the larger woman leaned down, resting her arms flat on the table so she could rest her chin on top of them. This brought her much closer to the Fae woman she planned to speak with.

“My friends are mean, huh…?” She paused for a moment, her expression still not changing much. “One has zero tact, another starts threatening people quickly, and one is just a little bit crazy.” To this she gave a soft smile, as if thinking fondly of the people she resided with. “It seems to me that you’re more angry and weirded out by the people who are trying to hire you than you are about the actual plan. After all, you’ve hardly been here long enough for us to get introductions out, let alone explain something that will be complicated and likely death-defying. Unfortunately, we spent the better part of our greetings trying to treat an injured woman instead of corralling the group and getting organized. We’ve gotten a little off track, haven’t we?” Tyler let out a sigh as well, a bit frustrated by how true that was.

“The bad thing about trust is… we don’t know how to do it either. It’s more difficult to obtain than any riches and harder to hold onto than any breath. In a world like this, it’s surprising to have even one person you can count on.” She then lowered her voice for the next part, as if telling the woman a secret. “Lucien talks a big game, but he doesn’t think of you as pawns. Sadly, he just doesn’t know how to be real with people. If we didn’t need you, you wouldn’t have even been invited. And you weren’t invited just for your size, though it will be incredibly helpful for you and us as a team.”

She suspended her whispered voice to return to her normal speaking voice, though she didn’t bother to be too loud since the Fae was right in front of her. “Trust can only be obtained through vulnerability.” Tyler moved just a little, moving her right hand out on the table until it was just in front of the Fae, palm up, and close enough for the small woman to reach. “I could grab you, or you could stab me or worse. But the only way to trust each other is to make ourselves vulnerable to one another. My face and hands have been inches from you this entire time. You could have hurt me at any moment, but you didn’t. The only thing I know to tell you is that our desire for this mission is simply to make this world a better place for the people living in it. That includes you, and everyone else in this room. We might be tactless and a little strange, but our goals are good-natured. If you fear for your safety, I’d be honored to keep you with me at all times. If you want assurance that you'll be needed up until the end so as not to be discarded, then I'll just have to remind you that plans always have an ending. Once successful, no one holds the exact same merit, including the leadership. Any bad person could just off an entire team after all is said and done - I've seen it. However mean or cold we seem, we are not bad people. If you agree to help us, you become our teammate. And I would die for my team." She looked pointedly at Melaina, hoping the Fae would be able to see the sincerity in her eyes. Eyes that held much more than such a young woman should hold. "But give us time to explain the plan. There are a lot of guests and honestly….” She glanced toward Otto and Tasarla. “Sometimes I don’t know how to wrangle these guys in. Chaos is commonplace.”

Tyler then lifted her head so as not shout right in Melaina’s face. “Otto! Man, reel it in. You’re scaring people before we can even start. Daisuke, stop weirding people out. Everyone just sit down. You’re not children and this is not play time. At this pace we won’t get started until next year!" She muttered her last sentence. "This is by far the worst-organized meeting I have even seen.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Elvario
Otto White
Otto White young.jpg
Interaction: Tyler @SoleStride, Melaina, Aliza @Elvario
Mention: Tasarla @Kyatto and Lucien @conman2163
--------

Otto's eyes looked to Aliza, the dragon woman, a smile formed on his face at her words. "Any time you're feeling like it, we have rooms purpose-made for it." His own words left open-ended as to what it was but he need not reveal his meaning, for all he knew these people would be dead outside a month and he wasn't really in the mood to get attached to any one of them just yet.
He listened to both Tyler and Lucien's words to the small Fae and paid them no mind really, and while his muscly chest and torso might suggest a rather dull intellect he was anything but stupid but he was not a man of words, for the most part, action was better understood in his experience.

His eyes soon dropped back the gypsy woman Tasaral.
"You have a literal rain cloud hanging over your head and you soaked me twice with nothing more than thought, if you don't have magic then I'm the Tsar." His words weren't mocking or in anyway biting as he turned and made his way back to the head of the table with Lucien, every muscle tense like a coil ready to snap when Tyler offered her own words to him.
"Tyler if I'm scary now to them they ain't gonna make it here with us."

He spoke with a snort as he stood and leaned on the table with his palms flat, bits of his hair falling around his face as he looked around the table and room before his eyes fell on the Fae Tyler had just spoken to and gotten near.
"Ms. Sullivain, trust me in that she is the exception to the rule of what is abnormal about us four." Otto spoke as he inclined his head towards Tyler. "But as she said, I am quick to threaten and for that, I apologize." He spoke with a small bow. "I sometimes forget myself in this place, my past is colored with individuals and situations that required a much more...physical response then mear words or reprimand." It was a small way of explaining himself but not putting too much out there. "While my compatriot in Tyler does her best to reassure you can trust us, even just a bit, you must understand our need for secrecy in organizing this meeting? As well as the vagueness of our plans? A robbery, if leaked, draws attention but not the full force of the local garrison, a few guards investigating can be bought off or extorted into looking the other way for a robbery but an assassination? If our messages to you all had even preluded to such a task and they were discovered this would all suddenly turn into a much bloodier affair." Otto neglected to mention who it'd get bloodier for in this case. "The whole garrison would be on us in a heartbeat and by extension all of you. As for the lack of details it goes to back to trust, how to we know none of you are spies or informants who plan on trading us for your safety? It isn't so farfetched to assume right? You all, after all, are hunted and it would sure buy some grace from the powers that be should you bring a word of a plot to kill the Tsar and if we gave you detail right off wouldn't it just put our plan at even more risk?" Otto stood straight as he spoke to the Fae woman, crossing his arms over his still bare chest as his sword sat at his hip. "Trust us, or at least trust in that we want you here because you can and will contribute to this plan, trust that we won't harm you or throw you away because Tyler is putting her safety in your hands and trust that myself and the others will do our best to see you make it to the end of this as I would rather burn the world to a cinder then see someone I would call friend come to harm and I do believe that everyone here will be someone I will call friend as we walk this path together, but to walk this path you have to step with us and put some faith in old Lucien here." As Otto finished speaking he patted Lucien's shoulder while still looking at Melania.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Elvario
Aliza

Lysithian confused Aliza. For someone whom had been looking intently at everyone's boots, to just come out and claim that he didn't care about them, nor about how they looked, that was just weird. Was it because he was too shy to say he didn't like her boots? Or maybe... A suddenly realisation hit her. “Ah, sorry, I get it now! It's not the boots you were staring at, but it's the feet inside of them that had your attention! You're one of those people~” It all made sense again, and the world was a happy place once more. She figured that if Lysithian was nice enough, she'd show him her feet sometime.

Sadly enough, there was another problem in paradise. It seemed like her head-pat wasn't as well appreciated as expected, to the point where even Aliza noticed Kith seemed a bit tense. “Are you okay Kith? You seem a bit troubled.” She instinctively, and obliviously towards the cause and effect at play, reached out to pat Kiths head once more, this time with an extra ruffle. Head-pats were the cure to everything that shouldn't be solved with violence, after all. She did wonder if she could get a go at whatever Kith and Tasa were drinking, so she figured to check up on Tasa to estimate her chances.

Tasa's situation was cute, in its own right. It was also rather fascinating, so Kith was finally released from being being pat on the head, as Aliza waved both her hands through Tasa's personal rain-cloud. “So you've got magic, but you can't control it.” It reminded her of her own early days of using magic. “Hey, cheer up, we all started that way~” It probably wasn't the best time to work her way towards obtaining Tasa's last remaining booze. Instead, she gave Tasa's now soaked head another head-pat.

On another note, she did raise an eyebrow at Otto's mention of purpose-made rooms. “I wouldn't count too much on such rooms, as there's yet to be a room that can keep all of me contained~” She was called The Unkeepable for a reason, although it was unclear to what extend it was just her wall-breaking magic that applied to the various possible usages of such magical rooms.

She did pick up some of the exchange between the Fae and the other two, but figured that it wasn't worth reacting too. After all, the only way you really got to know them was through either fighting besides them or through fighting against them, or maybe, in some cases, through head-patting them, but the latter was only as fun as the situation allowed it to be. It did make her wonder what it'd be like to head-pat someone like Otto. He was tall for his species and all, but he still looked head-pat-able enough to her.

Interacted with: Lysithian @Verran Kith @signed Kiss Tasa @Kyatto Otto @Dakota K5

Melaina Sullivan

Melaina was given a lot to think about, and one of Tyler's opening remarks had been pretty straight-to-the-point. At the mention of being more upset by the behaviour of their 'employers' than at the lack of knowing their plan, she first raised an eye-brow, but then nodded in agreement. She remained silent through-out, but her thoughts were racing. 'Even without knowing the plan, if the people that made it seem trustworthy and competent, it'd already be a lot less of a disaster.' Then again... '... it would also mean exactly nothing towards whether or not we're just being used as disposable pawns or not, as just looking trustworthy means little, and the competent won't shy away from sacrificing others.'

There was an odd point about Tyler's speech. The entire 'vulnerability' part. Anything she could imagine doing to Tyler would amount to little more than an inconvenience, while Tyler and friends could easily kill Melaina. There was an easy reason for Melaina not to hurt Tyler, as she believed this woman to be her best bet at making it out of this mess alive, maybe even somewhat sane, while hurting her was an easy way towards a quick demise. An even odder point in Tyler's speech was the 'keeping you with me' part. 'I'm not some freaking pet...' Sure, her size brought its issues with it, but she did have some sense of dignity, and that remark crossed it. Enough for her to puff her cheeks a bit, only to realise what she was doing and play it cool again half a second later.

As for 'seeing sincerity'... maybe Melaina might have been able to see it if she still had both eyes, but losing one had also made her loose that ability. Even so, if Tyler's claim to have suffered betrayal was true, it could mean two things. Either they were more likely to do the same, having lost all trust in others, and thereby finding it easy to dispose of them... or they took it as a reason to be more distrusting towards people, but far more loyal towards the ones they did end up trusting. Their words suggested one thing, but their actions so far had suggested the other.

On the other hand, Otto seemed to legitimately do his best to try to explain the situation towards her, even though most of his words weren't what she needed to hear. 'As if I didn't get that part... the part I don't get is why we're welcomed by a guy telling us to obey him without a shred of information, or to be locked away here at best and probably killed, after suddenly revealing such an insane plot.'

At the very least, there was one thing that did make a good argument. The amount of effort Tyler and Otto were investing in talking to her. If this really was meant to be a 'let's grab some pawns at random' kind of thing, they were wasting far more effort than she was worth. Why would they keep trying to talk her into somewhat trusting them? It'd have been far easier to put her on house arrest and swat her down into a pile of blood and bones when the rest of the group wasn't around. They'd probably find a more gullible Fae instead, and explain her absence away easily. Not their words themselves, but the fact that they considered it a need to convince her of their intent, was what somewhat managed to convince her to suspend just enough of her mistrust to be willing to play along, for now.

A small smile formed. “Alright.” It probably wasn't the most tactful to say more, but she knew there could be trust in distrust. “I'll admit that the words themselves don't mean a lot to me, but I'll put my trust in the fact that the both of you took the effort to speak them.” There was, however, one thing that she would, under no circumstance, just agree too. “However, I'm not one to follow orders blindly. Even those you trust can make mistakes or can have their judgement clouded. If you're really willing to see me as more than my size and my scrolls, allow me to think freely and to make my own judgements. I'm vulnerable enough to have my life ended in an instant, so if vulnerability brings trust, please entrust me with at least that much.” The last statement was directed more at Lucien than at the other two.

All things considered, if they were to agree, she'd have obtained two decent enough goals. First of all, she'd know them a bit better and she'd have a tiny bit of an idea towards a small foundation for a fracture of trust towards them. Secondly, she'd be able to use their words against them, in front of all others, were they to start trying to order the rest around blindly. It wasn't much, but given the situation, it'd be a great first haul.

Mentioned: -
Interacted with: Tyler @SoleStride Otto @Dakota K5 Lucien @conman2163

Last edited:
Raymond Arcen
Interaction: @signed Kiss
Mentioned: @Elvario @Kyatto @Kurogane86 @Dakota K5 @Verran

During the administration of the herbal medicine he would give a few glances towards Kth, as she began to attempt the process of using the powder. His expression one of indecisiveness as his experience told him to speak up, but his more awkward nature attempting to steer him from disagreeing with her methods.

Though respect be due to her, as she seemed to have some understanding of treatment, though rudimentary by not recognizing the herb. ''Though its my fault that she did not understand me... Have I gotten so hard to understand?' But by her looks so close, might she have been a mercenary?''

He did not question the effect of what had caused Otto's repeated, wetting so to say, as together with all these individuals there likely was little to no one whom did not have magic. Using magic, that he was not sure of, however possessing it seems most likely. Was that why each and every person like here had been summoned here then as well, or was there a genuine importance to their seperate skills besides that. His varied skill set was a bit more apart from those around him he thought and they seemed a bit... a bit competitive or easily agitated. Especially the small girl whom seemed to be heavily invested into figuring out all that she can which in itself was not a flaw. But the manner that she did it and the recklessness of her words, was that usual.

After they had been done with the procedure he would begin to step away from their ongoing conversation and exchanging of drinks. Instead looking around the room, to get an idea of the goings on. Immediately his mind went to ignoring the apparently crazed individual whom seemed to be apart of the group. And even he began to struggle a little if his intuition was on the mark when this man was with them. He feelings towards the large man called Otto whom seemed like a mercenary as well were mixed. Yet not yet kettle and pot.

Lysithian whom gave of an air of openness and seeming to try to lighten it, in his mind at least. And took to look elsewhere in this mess. His mind began to feel it slowly, but very much surely becoming too much even with Tyler trying to attempt to assert some control onto the scenario. Each person blabbering sentences upon sentences as if trying to win in their own minds the conversation. Being fancy with words in order to seem smart, or neat. It felt too much to him all in all. Though this was not the case with it being a select few, he began to feel little distinction.

Feeling a tad overwhelmed. He began to walk over to one of the corners of the room and sat down, his knees raised upwards and curled up with a tired look on his face.

Tasarla Ekko
Interaction: @Dakota K5 , @signed Kiss , @Elvario , @SoleStride , @Giftvi , @Nue
Tasa looked up only to be pelted by little drops of water of her own creation. She hadn’t even noticed them until Otto pointes them out. Her hand went up to swat it away, making sure it wasn’t her injured side that everyone scolded her for messing with, but it just veered out of the way then moved back to over her head. Having only one hand made it difficult to catch the cloud thing which wiggled a bit in annoyance at being called a thing.

“Sorry.” She mumbled and reached for it more gently, letting her hand stop in front of it. It stopped raining and... sat in her hand if one could call it that. Tasa noticed how fluffy it was which caused her to cuddle it close. It was like a pet so she felt the need to pet it which pleased the cloud quite a bit.

“Could you help me... name my cloud?” She asked Aliza and everyone in the room while lifting the little cloud up. “And help me with my...” Hesitation took her voice and her eyes glanced at Otto. “Magic.”

Reactions: Dakota K5
Daisuke Hirraggi

Daisuke turned to face the one known as Aliza asking if she could throw a rock at him, obviously to test out his ability. "Well, I never." he said as looked at her like she spoke out of turn. "My Abilities aren't to be used as a party favor, my abilities are to be used to fight, escape from harm and peep on unsuspecting Women in the bath." he flapped his coat and humphed as he walked around. Another dude spoke up his name was Lysithian and he basically sounded like a real douche breaking apart all of the plan just like he knew what he was doing. Daisuke looked at him and wondered what his deal was and why he kept questioning the plan. that being said the plan hasn't been fully exposed yet but Lucien had always taken his time with stuff.

More events pulled Daisuke's attention and he was given his hat by Tyler who was tired of his heavy arm on her head. "Thanks T-Bear." he said as he titled his head watching her leave. "mmm. like two hams in a cellophane." She then explained to them all that they weren't really noble and took what they needed to put up a front. "geez Tyler just tell them what's behind the curtain." Daisuke said dropping his noble character. "damn, i had a whole thing planned." Melaina started talking again. for being so small she had a lot to say. "oh, one of those characters huh?" he said as he listened to her complaints. Daisuke popped in when she was talking about trust. "wise man say The best way to find out if you can trust someone is to trust them." He said as he walked by heading to a free chair.

Tyler was the one to calm her down as she started talking to her, then giving her all kinds of compliments. Daisuke looked at Otto, "damn, everyone's hitting on Tyler tonight, better watch your girl man. I heard once you go small you'll have a ball." he heard tyler call one of them mean, one threatens and one crazy. He looked at Lucien and shook his head. "it's cool man, i don't think your crazy." he sat around undoing his buttons and getting compfortable. "are we done yet?" he asked no one in general. "it's obvious that some of them aren't into it. just beat them till they forget the last couple of hours and let them go back to living in this shit show."

Tyler Haak
Mentioned: conman2163 Dakota K5 Kurogane86 Elvario signed Kiss Kyatto Verran Nue Furasian PoetLore Giftvi

"You are literally the reason that no one here will trust us. I should have locked you in your room." Tyler shot her words at Daisuke after hearing his comment about just beating them until they forget. "How are these people supposed to even think about wanting to fight with us if you say stupid shit like that? Now the crazy one is also threatening people. At this point anyone is more likely to attack us than help us."

She shook her head, plopping back in her chair again. With a huff, the woman removed the stifling twin tailed suit jacket and the vest as well. They didn't fit her right and it was feeling stuffy anyway. That left her in a pair of suit pants and a white button down that also didn't fit, but was tucked in neatly. With a long sigh, she ran her fingers through her hair yet again out of annoyance, looking down to realize something about her attire. She looked over at Lucien, wondering if he saw the same thing. It disgusted her and she wanted to change immediately. But she would abstain for the sake of trying to be professional - like that should matter now. Wiping her hands down her face, she finally looked back down at the Fae woman, maintaining the cool, yet sincere, tone of voice she had been using before. Daisuke and Otto may make her snap, but she didn't feel that way towards these strangers.

"I can practically read your mind through those long pauses. Long before you even speak. I appreciate your candor; you don't trust us and you probably won't for a long time. But I also... begrudgingly... agree with Daisuke... You don't seem like you're into the idea enough to actually want to stay no matter what we say. You may think that we're playing some game and the only way to win is to play it better, but I can promise you that this is no game. This task is one that could threaten all of our lives, but we're willing to take it on to better this world. We think that there are brave, capable people out there who are also willing to do the same and we intend to find them. If we were wrong in choosing you for that role, tell us before we put our faith in you to come through when things get real. We put a great deal of trust and expectation in you just by inviting you here. We don't take betrayal lightly, but nor do we take the threat to the life of a trusted companion either. So either you're in - with all you have - or you're out. And that goes for everyone here. You know the goal. Do you want that freedom or not? Are you in or out?"

Reactions: Kurogane86
Aliza

Hirraggi didn't want her to throw a rock at him. 'What a shame.' The more shocking part, however, was that he apparently needed his magic to peep on women. That was just... “You need such a power just to peep on women? That's just sad... Are they ignoring you so much? You don't look that bad... a little small, like most others species... oh, wait... are you also small down there? Oh, I'm sorry. That must be sensitive! I'm sure there's a girl out there whom will accept you for what you are, even with size-problems. Just keep trying, and don't try to cheat your way to a girl. Alright?” The worst part about Aliza's comments was probably that she wasn't even trying to make fun of him, as she was just being her normal easy-to-reach-a-conclusion self. It didn't help that she was talking to him as if to a naughty child either, unless the guy was into this kind of stuff, in which case hurray for him.

There were more pressing matters. There was a cloud to be named. Aliza vaguely remembered having heard a story about some storm god or hero or something. 'What was he called again..?' She suddenly recalled. “NEPTUNE!” She shouted triumphantly, before turning towards Tasa. “If you're gonna name a cloud, it should definitely be Neptune. He's a storm hero, or god, or something, but it's famous for something with storms, or water, but definitely Neptune.” As for helping with magic, there wasn't a lot Aliza could do, but luckily enough she wasn't the one asked. She left it up to Otto.

As Aliza looked around, she realised the tiny one was still arguing with people, standing in front of Tyler... another thing caught her eye for a little longer than might have been normal, before she looked away from Tyler. Instead, she glossed around the room until she noticed the guy whom had helped Tasa, as he was now sitting in a corner. More curious than anything albeit less curious than at her previous discovery she stood up to head over to him and look down on him. Quite literally, as she was huge, and he was sitting down. If that gave him a 'view' so be it. However, for talking reasons, she squatted down. “Are you tired already? The fun hasn't even started yet!”

Mentioned: Tyler @SoleStride
Interacted with: Daisuke @Kurogane86 Tasa @Kyatto Raymond @Giftvi

Satile, Suburb of the Ruby City
Day 1
Nighttime

@Dakota K5 @Elvario @Polaris North @signed Kiss @Kyatto @Giftvi @conman2163 @Kurogane86 @PoetLore @SoleStride

Lysithian was getting rather tired of Aliza’s incorrect assumptions and for how close they struck to memories that brought continued night-terrors on even his happiest days. And this moment was not the time to correct her. With two, deep breaths, he brought down a flare of anger while surreptitiously eyeing his staff, leaning against the wall behind him. No new burns. Pleased that his anger was under control, he turned back to the debate about trust. It seemed to be floundering every which way, though calming down in intensity.

Matching the softening tone, Lysithian said the latter half of his piece, “by the same token, we too have placed a great deal of trust in you all in coming here tonight. Whether it was because we perceived a deeper purpose than a thievery job, came believing that it was just that, or some sort of chance or blind belief, we came into your power. It was regardless of any reservations held on the matter in regards to traps or dangers. Hence, my desire still stands. I would like to know at least the outline of the plan so that all can see there would be a place for them within it. While such an outline may only be in words, words can be considered and mulled over to see the truth within them. It would be a comfort to at least know that there is something to this goal of regicide beyond the goal itself. Still, as to this mission and as to being ‘in’ or not, I am in, regardless if you give us a plan or not. Though, I will like you less for not sharing a one.”

Then he smiled, and breathed a short laugh as a modicum of the positive energy he displayed when entering the meeting returned. He then said something that he did not further explain. “At the same time, I imagine the likes and dislikes of a dead man hold little weight.”

Caela sat quietly and listened to the others speak their concerns or lack thereof. Ina group this size there were bound to be many differences of opinion and method and she was willing to hear them all. She also wasn't adverse to having her skills tested, though it seemed to her that they had a lot of fire power among them. She knew her wind would make fire more powerful, but she was wondering how all the powers within the room would be of use.

The little fae was startlingly intelligent and she found everything she'd spoken to be of relevance to their current situation. Heaven only knew that there had to be a plan in place to keep order once the tsar was dead, or chaos and death would be the result for many innocent people. The Tsar had already taken too many lives while he lived, far be it for them to allow him to take more upon his death. "What does this test involve then?" she asked once the room went a bit quiet after Lucien spoke again. "I imagine this is as much a test of your planning and tactical skills as it is for our powers. Should this prove to be a success, I am sure everyone here will pay much greater heed to whatever plans you have to relate afterward."

Raymond Arcen
Interacted: @Elvario
Sitting there quietly. In his own mind trying to find separation from the scenario. With little effectiveness, he proved that he could at least cause the sounds to lower to murmurs as he pinched his own ears shut. He frowned and sighed, as he noticed it had gotten slightly more... dark to say. Glancing upward he.. well he caught a glance he had not expected due to her height. Immediately his frown became a heavy blush of embarrassment from what he saw, and stopped pinching his ears as he thought he began to hear her speak to not be informal? Well that was too late, just to not be rude to her personally maybe? Either way, he listened to her words. ''I am jist sain lass, wat cud I ba felin otirweise. Its scrauch ubon scrauch sense I bin here. Im bout to bawl in frust...'' Until from his part at least a dead quiet. ''A tsar. Sorry, sorry its fors of habit.'' Was quickly uttered and seemed to directly to himself, or meant internally.

Reactions: PoetLore
Kthicon.png
Character: 'Kth'
Interaction: Lucien @conman2163 Otto @Dakota K5 Melaina & Aliza @Elvario Raymond @Giftvi Caela @PoetLore Lysithian @Verran Tyler @SoleStride Daisuke @Kurogane86 Tasarla @Kyatto

Kth was many things, and among those things was patient. That being said, even as the large woman saw fit to place her hand upon her head once more, the dark-skinned woman's only visible hand slowly twitched as if just barely keeping itself from tightening into a fist. She shifted her head away from the intrusive hand slowly before taking a step backward. Her facial features shifted from mildly tense to possibly disgusted as she fixed the woman with a cold stare, making sure to keep note of where her hands were even as she finally moved away from her to bother someone else.

This whole thing was getting... ridiculous. It was one thing to have doubts, certainly. But none of them were getting anywhere filling the room with what was now amounting to nothing more than idle chatter. That, or perhaps she simply wanted a reason to leave the room and get as far away from those with an overly physical nature as she possibly could.

"If you do not trust their words, simply do not participate in their test. Those who do will either succeed in this plan or fail. Regardless, everyone else would be able to leave this place one way or another." She addressed the room at large but spoke to no one in particular, her arms now crossed tightly over her chest as she pressed her back against the wall.

Alina

Darkness had fallen across the land. The midnight hour was relatively close at hand. Alina walked in search of the right address to liven up the meeting being held. The destination soon came in sight; obvious as the only house in the vicinity that was receiving guests at this hour. In fact, Alina could see two foxfolk approaching the door at that very moment. How lame. Everyone knows heroes only use the front door when entering a villain’s lair. Alina refrained from approaching the main entrance, instead using her magic to begin leaping up into the sky softly and gracefully. Nothing much of interest on this side, other than a passable garden. Some strange instinct nagged at Alina, trying to get him to go tend to the garden. Maybe she’d been a gardener in a past life?

Well, ignoring that instinct for now, Alina circled around the building, her cloak and the deep night concealing her presence from any prying eyes below. Aha, success. A fairly long parlor that was well lit and had numerous people within? That could only be the meeting room. Right, adjust position for a good angle, take off cloak, protect face. All set for a heroic and stylish entrance!

(Cue music:)

The sound of shattering glass accompanied the entrance of the cutest person in town. Even better, the glass provided some nice sparkles to accompany Alina’s own shining beauty! A quick roll upon landing was followed by Alina springing to his feet. Alright! Perfect landing! Still, the entrance wasn’t complete until the catchphrase was delivered. ”Greetings, everyone! Its the world’s favorite fashion-savvy, justice-loving hero, Alina Diarmuid Lucius, come to save the day!” The speech was accompanied by Alina’s right arm crossing in front of her stomach and his torso bowing while her left arm held out the corner of her skirt so his left leg could slide into a partial curtsey. Naturally the audience would explode with applause. Or if they didn’t, Alina would imagine and act like they did, so it was all good.

After giving the applause, such as there was and what there was of it, a moment to die down, Alina would straighten up and look around the room for a moment. Weird shady guy in a cloak, hunter dude, creep with yellow eyes, girl who has seen waaaaaay too many fights or torturers. Not quite the heroic crowd I was expecting. Wait... Alina’s eyes fixed on the tallest person. The height, the horns, the… ba-boing. It could only be one person: Aliza! Its great to see you! Alina bounced over to the Draconian girl who was, presumably, also heading over.

It felt like only about 13 hours ago that Alina had met Aliza. The infamous dream haze could be seen fading in as an extremely lengthy flashback sequence started up, featuring the collaborative efforts of the people known as @alatartheblue42 and @Elvario. Who were alatartheblue42 and Elvario? Alina had no clue, but they sounded like heckin awesome dudes.

Aliza

Alina

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aliza had to admit that her current situation was less than ideal. For the Unkeepable to be kept in a cell wasn’t a good way to live up to her reputation. The fact that she was about to be executed didn’t really help either, of course. Then again, she had already pummelled into the wooden walls surrounding her until her hands bled and she was quite sure that a few of her toes broke in an attempt to kick the stupid planks down not too long ago. Fair enough, falling asleep in a tavern, after drinking too much, hadn’t been her best move... but come on. How could she know she was that high on the hit list, or that they had this special kind of holding-cell-cage thing waiting for her? For them to drag her off and put her in something that she couldn’t even earthquake down… It was truly less than ideal.

Off on one of her many adventures, Alina suddenly heard a shocking rumor. Maybe somebody had just invented electricity? No, this was a rumor that one of the most famed halfbloods in the area, Aliza the Unkeepable, had finally been captured. Alina took another bite out of his steamed vegetables as she pondered what to do about the situation. The information was almost certainly true, considering the sources and the agreement between them. Now the only question was how to rescue someone so high profile. Sneak into their prison? The guards would probably be too numerous. Stage a dramatic rescue during the execution? Fun, but Aliza would probably be a bit annoyed if Alina arrived late. Well, Alina had never asked a dead person whether death was annoying, but it seemed like it would be. That only left trying to rescue Aliza while she was being transported between locations, when the cage itself would be at its weakest and the guards the least numerous. Still, it would be difficult to pull off.

This called for Alina’s amazing fashion sense to be put on display. Item number 1: a big cloak! Wait, were cloaks still in fashion? Maybe a half-cape would be better this season. No no, focus. The guards would probably be too simplistic to keep up with trends anyway. Best to use the cloak so it would conceal more. Item number 2: the key to whatever cage Alina would be trapped in. Well, that was harder to get ahold of. Maybe it was time to start a trend of wearing skeleton keys fashionably? And finally, a jar of grade-A dirt, harvested directly from the dirt fields of Dirtsville, Empire. Dirt… Hmm. Even with Alina’s amazing fashion instincts, it was hard to think of how to incorporate that into a new outfit. Ah well, it can’t be helped.

The next day came for Aliza, and if just being locked up in a wooden prison hadn’t been bad enough, they decided to make it worse by transporting Aliza as if she was some sort of exotic animal, to be treated with care. Care, in the sense that nobody should give her as much as a chance to do anything, rather than to make her the slightest bit comfortable, mind you. Well, it was the type of care she was used to, but even so, for them to be talking about her as if she was some sort of wild animal was more than a bit rude. “I can still hear you, you know.” She said, as the voices from the other side of the cage first stopped for a moment, then turned into curses and insults directed at her. “Oh, come on, if I was a real dragon I’d have already burned this all to the ground.” For some reason, one of the guards was convinced that it was only a matter of time before she’d ignite the cage and its guards. Of course, she realised that telling them she couldn’t do so wasn’t the most tactical, but alas, she had already done so. Ah well, it seemed like there wasn’t much else to do, other than to wait out the ride. Maybe she’d have a chance before her execution, or maybe not. Only time would tell.

The appointed time came. A wagon carrying a massive hunk of wood, surrounded by guards, passing through the town where the execution would take place? It could only be Aliza. Unless nobles had taken to transporting their valuables in undecorated wooden containers now. Well, only one way to find out. Sword? Looking sharp. Outfit? Flawless as always. Dramatic breeze? Hmm, a little lacking, but nothing a tiny bit of magic couldn’t fix. There, all ready for action.

The beautiful Alina stepped forward on a roof just to the right of the wagon’s path, dramatically pulling off his cloak and tossing it to the side, her hair and sleeves fluttering in the breeze. A deep breath for good air support, and then: ”Greetings, everyone! Its the world’s favorite fashion savvy, justice-loving hero, Alina Diarmuid Lucius, come to save the day!” Alright! Perfect as always!

Alina leapt down onto the wagon, muttering rapid incantations to manipulate the air around him into forming four near-invisible walls just around the wooden cage and Alina herself. The lock… Too sturdy to cut through. That meant time for plan B. Alina hopped up onto the top of the cage and found the air-holes that had been carefully placed so Aliza wouldn’t die en route. With a quick ”Watch out for glass shards, ‘kay?” Alina pulled out the jar of grade-A soil and cracked it open on the wooden roof, letting the dirt trickle into the cage through the air-holes. ”See if you can do something with that while I distract the guards!”

Aliza’s waiting-time was interrupted when she heard a faint voice from the other side of her wooden cage. She couldn’t quite make out the exact words, but she could make out enough to realise she might need to stretch a bit. The cage didn’t allow her much room for movement, but she was still able to stretch well-enough to start feeling hyped up for what might come. Sure enough, she heard someone land atop the cage. A sound that was followed by a warning for glass shards. Wait, glass? The self-explanatory actions followed up on it soon enough, as some grade-A soil started to trickle through. “Oh, that’s the good stuff!” Whomever this stranger was, they had great taste, truly someone worthy of rescuing a dirty girl like her. She was quick to gather the soil around her hands, so she could pummel the planks and bars with a lot more force, until she realized that there was an even easier option. Now that they were moving, the entire cell was on a wagon, which meant, if she was correct… She gathered the soil around her feet and soon slammed down on the bottom of the cage. The first impact wasn’t doing a whole lot, but with the second came the sound of creaking axles. The third impact didn’t just come with the sound of creaking axles, but with the sound of breaking ones. Soon enough, the cage landed on the ground, with just enough force for Aliza to find an opening through which to bring up some more soil. Sure, it wasn’t grade-A, but it would do. Now within range of the soil below her, it was only a matter of time before the wooden cage was broken from all sides by a tightening push of dirt from within it.

Vaulting off the cage with a mighty bound, Alina cleared her invisible fortifications and anchored himself in midair for a moment. Six soldiers behind the wagon, two on either side, and eight coming from the front. Alina didn’t have much in the way of destructive magic, her’s was primarily good for things like creating platforms and walls. He decided to leave the larger groups to Aliza and start by picking off the ones on the sides. Her sword made a heroic “shiiiing” noise as it was pulled out of its scabbard and leveled at the enemy. Pushing off his midair platform, Alina descended upon the first guard, her sword impaling the soldier through the right shoulder and Alina’s weight forcing the soldier down to the ground. Nobody was ever ready for Alina’s first strike, though after he had lost the element of surprise, it was another matter.

Alina’s boot slammed down on the man’s face, keeping him from getting up and giving her leverage to pull out her blade in time to parry the sword of the second guard. Alina balled her left hand into a fist and slammed it into the second man’s nose, which hurt his hand a lot more than she remembered. Maybe he’d have to practice punching people more. Anyway, while the second guard was distracted with a bloody face, Alina swung her sword in a clean horizontal slice to give the man a bloody neck too. Man, I forgot how much of a pain bloodstains are to clean out Alina lamented as she slammed the pommel of her sword into the first soldier’s skull to make sure he was incapacitated.

The sound of the cage exploding into a million billion pieces (well, at least several pieces) told Alina that the first part of the plan was successful. He hastily dispelled the walls of air that had been erected around the cage to make sure they didn’t interfere with Aliza’s efforts. Then, Alina hopped back into the air, using hastily produced platforms of condensed air to go over the wagon and land on the other side. As expected, the guards over here had caught her first attack on the other side, forcing Alina onto the defensive as soon as she descended. Still, he could use that against them, as when their two swords descended on hers, she slipped out from under them and threw them off-balance. A roundhouse kick to the helm of the first and a pommel slam to the skull of the second was enough to take them out of commission and free Alina up for the next step. Back to the air.

As Aliza appeared from the cage like a chick hatching from an egg, just with a load of dirt, the first thing she noticed were two groups of soldiers. One behind the wagon, one in front. She smiled, as she gathered dirt around her to form a bit of an armour. “Remember how you called me a dragon? I might not be able to breath fire, but I sure can pummel down some guards like I am one~” She sounded as cheerful as a child in an ice cream store. Unlike her saviour, she had enough dirt on her hands to be able to pummel people without issue. To that extent, she was quick to send a minor earth-quake wave towards the group in front of her, and even more quick to use the unbalancing effects of it to knock down the first few soldiers faster than they could wonder if she really wasn’t a dragon. The plenty years of experience she had in knocking people out paid off, while a combination of agility and dirt managed to deflect the few whom were able to counter-attack.

Sadly enough, even Aliza wasn’t entirely unbeatable, as she wasn’t able to defeat these guards before the six from the back of the wagon caught up. It placed her in a bit of a surrounded situation. “Might I suggest you guys take turns?” She figured it was worth a shot, but alas, her efforts failed. Now, being as dirty as she was, she had a fair bit of defenses to stop the attacks from all angles, but the constant jabbing and slashing and stabbing didn’t give her a lot of time to counter-attack. To that extent, she was glad she could at least sent the ugliest of the guys surrounding them down with a sudden rock to the face. It made the scenery surrounding her at least a bit prettier whilst she was defending herself.

Aliza was in a spot of bother. Well, it wasn’t like Alina honestly expected her to take on all the rest of the guards alone. And their fight had attracted the attention of more than just the guards here; shouts could be heard from a few streets over as reinforcements closed in. ”Seems like we’ve overstayed our welcome. Aliza, JUMP!” Alina shouted down to the surrounded girl. Hopefully, Aliza would have enough time between attacks to do so, as Alina wouldn’t be of much use against that crowd. The air, though, that was Alina’s domain. If Aliza were to jump, Alina would use his air magic to create a platform beneath Aliza, preventing her from falling back to the earth.

Aliza’s focus on defending herself was interrupted by a remark from her saviour, followed by the request to jump. Well, someone with as great taste in dirt as her saviour would surely not tell a girl like her to jump just to see a wiggle, she Aliza figured she’d obey. Kicking down the dirt surrounding her in a goodbye-mini-earthquake to buy some time, she jumped up at full force. It was a great way to obtain new heights, especially after having been stuck in a cage for so long. To her surprise, it wasn’t even a temporary high, as she landed on some sort of platform. “Phew, that was quite an exalting rescue.”

With both rescuer and rescuee in the air now, Alina’s magic reserves were starting to drain pretty quick. Maintaining two platforms at once wasn’t easy. ”Jump towards a roof, I’ll make sure you don’t fall down again.” Assuming Aliza followed instructions, Alina would do her utmost to keep a platform under Aliza until she reached a roof, at which point the platforms would stop. Alina would then follow after Aliza over to the same roof. After that, it was what any true hero did best: flee with grace and style!

It turned out Aliza spoke a bit too soon, as she was asked to jump again, which she ended up doing. Luckily enough, with Aliza’s size-able jumps, only a few platforms were required, and she was soon able to take to the rooftops. Although she was rather out of breath by the time they finally stopped hearing their attackers follow them, she was utterly overflowing with adrenaline. “That was great, thanks~” She said, as she finally had the time to take a good look at her saviour, between heavy breaths. “Wait, you’re my saviour? Oh my, you’re like the cutest girl ever! If I knew someone like you would come to my rescue, I’d have gotten myself captured way earlier~”

Alina finally came to a stop, bending over with hands on knees as she tried to catch her breath. Whew. This hero of justice might need to cut back on the sweets. Well, at least Aliza seemed tired too, so either they were both out of shape or it really was that tiring. Suddenly, it was compliment time, one of Alina’s favorite times. ”Aw, why thank you!” she said with as cutesy a smile as she could muster while still breathing heavily. ”You’re quite the looker yourself. I wish my hair would grow that long. And besides, it was an honor to get to rescue someone as popular as you.” Then again, Aliza’s hair wasn’t the only sizeable thing Alina was a bit jealous about.

She didn’t expect the return-compliments from her saviour, so it made her smile all the more. She had to resist a strong urge to pick up this girl and hug her. “Oh no, I’ve just got the genes, you’ve got the genes and the outfit~ Besides, if you rescue people in this style, I’m sure your fame will surpass mine! Wait.. Am I famous?” She hadn’t really been paying too much attention to her growing fame, as being captured and escaping had become more of a routine than anything.

”Am I famous?” Was Aliza famous? Was Aliza the Unkeepable famous? Actually, that was a good question, come to think of it. Alina thought she was super famous because she had heard so much about Aliza, but Alina also made a point of researching and locating halfbloods. Maybe Aliza wasn’t actually that famous to the general populace? Such horror! Maybe they could fix that. Or wait, wouldn’t it be better for a halfblood to not be famous? Well, at any rate, Alina was just glad the rescue was successful. ”I mean, I think you’re pretty famous. I’ve heard all about you, at least. Though I try to keep track of halfbloods, so maybe I’m biased.”

Aliza raised an eyebrow, hearing that her saviour kept track of halfbloods. Come to think of it, she hadn’t the slightest clue whom her saviour was, even though they seemed to know all about her. “So… you’re like a hero of sorts?” She didn’t know a much better word for someone that kept track of halfbloods just to come to their rescue like she had done for Aliza.

”Yup yup, that’s me! Everyone’s favorite fashion-savvy hero of justice, Alina Diarmund Lucius! V!” The V statement was, naturally, accompanied by a V sign. What was the V for? Uhh… Alina actually couldn’t remember. She didn’t have a vendetta she was pursuing right now, so that couldn’t be it. Valor, maybe? Heroes were valorous, right? That didn’t quite sound right, though. Guess I forgot what I meant for it. Ah well, it can’t be helped!

As the girl finally introduced herself, Aliza couldn’t help but note that the name and introduction were a perfect fit. Yes, if this was adopt-a-hero day, Aliza would’ve fallen horns to toes for her. Well, even without adopt-a-hero day, that was still pretty possibly. To that extent, she figured every hero needs a side-kick. Well, not that, she just figured she’d be more than interested in helping out this hero. I mean, come on, someone that cute couldn’t just be let go. Then again, was kidnapping your saviour rude? Yeah, it probably was, so she figured it’d be better to allow the rest of the world to experience this heroic cuteness and to help stimulate that happening. “Well, if you ever need some walls brought down, or some earthquakes, or some general pummeling, I’d more than down to join you~” Aliza said with a smile. For a moment, she wondered if she should add ‘generally pleasurable company’ to the list of things she could be called upon for, but her remaining sense of decency prevented her from being too straight-forward. Or maybe it was the fact that she was still gasping for air.

Aliza seemed to be admiring Alina’s heroicim. Perfectly understandable. Alina knew she had botp impeccable moral fiber and fashion sense. And it seemed like Aliza wanted to offer her services as a hero of justice too! More heroes were always welcome to the cause, but Alina wasn’t certain if she was ready to take on an apprentice yet. ”I’m glad to hear it! The road to justice for all people is a long one, so having another friend to aid my journey is heartening.” Alina thought for a moment before continuing with hesitation in her voice. It was honestly difficult to say this; Aliza seemed like such a fun person to be around. And honestly, fighting for justice alone could get a bit lonely sometimes. But it couldn’t be helped. ”It might be best if we go our separate ways for now though. The guards will be looking for us, after all, and its harder to hide two people than it is to hide one. Still! As long as we keep justice and cuteness in our hearts, we will be sure to meet again!”

Aliza had little knowledge about the road to justice. The road to cuteness, however… That one seemed pretty straightforward. It was a little disheartening to end up in the friendzone, but then again, the cuteness would last through it. However, with such a promise from Alina, there was little else to be said. Yes, their destined meeting was destined to be destined, or something along those lines. Honestly, Aliza figured that if all the destiny-stuff wouldn’t work out, she’d just get herself captured again. Until that moment, however, there was one last request to be made. “Yes, I understand, and I will be eagerly awaiting that moment! However, if I may be as rude to make a final request, can I hug you?”

Aliza had one final request for Alina. Something about the phrasing “final request” made Alina a bit suspicious, but she was probably overthinking it. Especially considering the request. ”Of course! Friends should always feel free to hug each other!” The bond between friends was a crucial part of being a hero, after all. Alina knew this thanks to all the heroic tales she had read as a child. Heroes always had friends, and friends hug each other. Though, Alina had never been hugged by a Draconian before. How did it go? Was it like talking to short people? Does the short one get picked up? Does the tall one crouch down? Well, Alina would find out soon enough.

With the only request Aliza could ever imagine wanting to make, hence it being the first and final one, being accepted, Alina was in for the full course of a good Draconian hug. Of course this included being lifted off of the ground and being held firmly for a rather considerable amount of time. Now, normally, this didn’t quite include some silent taking in scent, but this wasn’t that normally, so this did include even that much. Yes, if cuteness was drainable, Alina would’ve been left empty. Luckily enough, it wasn’t.

Ah, the warmth of a loving embrace. There was nothing quite like it to prove that justice did exist in the world. Well, except maybe for cute dresses. And the soft, supple objects on the other side of Alina’s clothes. Yes, truly Aliza was a future hero of justice. Naturally, Alina didn’t let Aliza do all the work; Alina hugged back as vigorously as she could in reply, though it wouldn’t be up to Draconian standards of course. Still, with how long the hug lasted, Alina started to wonder if her cuteness was at stake. Could it be? Was Aliza trying to steal the purity and virtue of this hero? Nah, that was far too devious for someone like Aliza. Well then, once Alina finally escaped from Aliza’s hug, it was time to part ways. ”If you ever get caught again, I’ll come a’runnin, so don’t you worry!” Alina’s eyes weren’t watering from parting with her new friend. There was just some ninja chef hiding in the corner cutting onions. What was a ninja, anyway? Seemed like a real just-sounding title. Anyway, now that the farewell had been said, it was time for this hero of justice to ride off into the sunset on her noble steed. Or stroll away under the midday sun on her tired feet. Besides, a noble steed meant a noble sum of money being spent, and chasing both justice and perfect fashion was hard on the wallet. Ah well, it couldn’t be helped.

Aliza realised she’d have to convince herself not to get captured tomorrow, as the very high chance of death only barely outweighed the small chance of being rescued by Alina. “Ah, likewise~” Even though she had currently needed a rescue, she was still the Unkeepable. She figured that next time she could save her saviour. Yes, that would definitely work. She only needed to wait for Alina to be captured, as turnaround was fair play. With that, and a final wave goodbye, Aliza too, walked off towards wherever she knew the guards wouldn’t be looking for her.

As the dream haze retreated and regular vision was restored, Alina worried for a moment about the length of the post. Besides, with such a dramatic entry, the other people might need a bit of time to process Alina’s awesomeness.

Lucien
Mentioned: @Elvario @Dakota K5 @Giftvi @Kyatto @signed Kiss @Verran @PoetLore @SoleStride @Kurogane86

As the two brothers outside would be ushered into the meeting room by a pair of servants, brought to seats, conversation inside was finally swinging the way it needed to, with Melaina finally warming up to the idea of the test and sticking with them, and Raymond finally giving way. A dirty look was shot at Daisuke for his words, though the man said nothing as Tyler got onto Daisuke before he could. "As I said, I'm not sharing the plan until you all have passed our test, but I will say this," He looked pointedly at Melaina. "If ever there was a larger purpose to work for, something that might wipe away your past and set the future straight, a job that could bring your species back from the brink of extinction, this is it. Stay in the house if you want, but there won't be any second chances" He let the words hang as he stood up from his seat. "Everyone here is quick to give their name, but I, like you, am not so quick to trust. Here is a token of the belief that I am placing in you. My name is Lucien." He nodded to one of the servants who stood off to the side. The servant disappeared from the room. Seconds after the window exploded in a mess of glass and an androgynous person. They stuck the landing rather well in Lucien's opinion. He might have tried to murder them if he didn't know who they were though. "Alina Lucius. You are late, I was expecting you sooner. You arrived just in time for the meal though." Several other servants appeared to deal with the broken glass that was all over the floor, though if Raymond attempted to assist this time he'd be shooed away quite forcefully. Lucien himself disappeared from the room for several minutes. The curtains on the now broken window were drawn and the servants would set the table with plates, silverware, and cups. A special chair and eating utensils adjusted for Melaina's size was brought in. Folks were ushered to seats, whether or not they were standing before. When the food came, Lucien reappeared. A large selection of things to eat were brought out, courtesy of the previous owner of the household. Meats, vegetables, breads, sweets, all adorned the table. A welcoming gift. Lucien retook his seat at the head of the table as the food was placed. "Do enjoy a meal before we begin. It won't be a common occurrence, but I figured that since we were welcoming you it would be good to give you a good meal before we go off." Even as the meal began the room was a flurry of activity. A large diagram was brought in with lamps specially designed to cast light near it. The diagram showed the inquisition offices, a plan already laid out to be executed.

Last edited:
Caela was up and ready to defend herself when the windows were crashed through and the flashy girl landed in the midst of their group. However, their 'leader' seemed to know the girl so she sat down again and just cast the woman a rather quelling look. Why would anyone attending such a gathering draw such unnecessary attention to their location? It screamed of youthful stupidity to her and so marked her as such in her mind. That one would have a very hard time earning her full trust after such a display.

However, she wasn't one to ever turn down a hot meal, especially one that she could eat in relative safety without rushing. So she enjoyed the meal and savored the food as if she hadn't eaten in a week, which was not far from the truth. She rarely stopped to rest while traveling, and she had been a distance away when she'd received this invitation. It wasn't the best meal she'd ever been blessed to enjoy but it was filling and hot.

Once she finished she made her way over to the lit up area where the plans were and began to study them. Lucien may not be forthcoming with details about himself or his future plans, but eh was obviously privy to inside information of a kind that was both welcome and surprising if not a bit suspicious as well. Who was their host? She was anxious for the mission to get underway so that she could learn more.