Her Guardian Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I walk." Kaitlyn said, picking up her bag and pulling out a candy bar.

Kate nodded. "Oh, well, my older sister picks me up..so I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good day." She picked up her things and walked towards the door, going to her locker and putting her things in before grabbing her jacket and starting towards the back door.

A shadow flickered near Kate. Kaitlyn's eyes immediately focused on the shadow. She quickly pushed Kate behind her and glared at the shadow.

Stumbling a little, Kate watches Kaitlyn and the shadow, looking a little confused.

The shadow rose until it had a somewhat humanoid form. Kaitlyn glared at the shadow. "Leave."

The shadow laughed. "My lord wishes to bring her to Hell. She will come with us."

A large pair of wings sprouted from Kaitlyn's back. "The Lord, our God, wishes for her to live. He commands that you go back to the hole you came from." She commanded.

Taking a few steps back, Kate switched between the two figures. She didn't know what was going on, but she definitely felt better around Kaitlyn. The other creature made her feel sick. She watched carefully, her bag on her shoulder.

The shadow glared and lunged at Kate. Kaitlyn quickly blocked it with a glowing sword. "Abi, daemon." She said. The shadow burned and screeched before turning into ash.

Kate watched, frozen in her spot by the events. As the shadow turned to ashes, Kate just dropped to her knees, not saying anything, just staring at the pile of ashes. Finally, she found words in her mind. "What just happened?" She felt as if she'd just stepped into some movie.

"A demon just attacked." Kaitlyn said simply. Her sword and wings disappeared.

Kate tilted her head. "A demon, like, from hell. The things that spit fire and drink blood and pain? And you..you're an angel!"

"That is correct." Kaitlyn said. She looked around, just in case another demon came out.

Kate nodded. "Yeah..that umm....okay.." She stood slowly, putting her backpack on her back and taking a deep breath. "Umm..okay. So, wh-wh-why are you here?"

"Have you ever heard of Guardian Angels?" Kaitlyn asked, handing Kate a candy bar.

Kate nodded slowly, taking the candy bar. "But...Why do I...Guardian angel? Me? But..Nothing bad..I don't.." She gave up trying to speak and just started sorting everything out in her head.

"You saw that demon, yes? Well, God doesn't want you to join him just yet. He has plans for you. I am here to protect you from the more... prominent demons." Kaitlyn said. "Eat the candy. It always helps after a demon attack."

She nods slowly, it started to fall in place a little. She opens the candy and nibbles on it a little. "Umm..so..uhh..Want to come to my house? We can umm..do..uhh..homework?" She was trying to change the topic until it sorted out in her head. She knew her foster parents wouldn't care, they only fed her and gave her a room.

Kaitlyn nodded. "Alright. Would you like me to fly you there?"

Kate took several minutes to answer that. "Umm..okay." She glanced around, half expecting someone to burst in yelling 'April Fools!' but knowing it won't happen.

Kaitlyn took her hand and led her outside. She closed her eyes and a large pair of pure white wings sprouted from her back. "Hold on." She said, wrapping her arms around Kate's waist. With a flap of her wings, they were off into the air.

((sorry about the really late reply, I didn't see the notification, *facepalm*))

Taking a moment to regain her breath, Kate looked around. "This is...Amazing..wow..."

Status
Not open for further replies.