Her Guardian Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What book is this quote from, 'O, beware, my lord, of jealous; It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock the meat it feeds on." The teacher asked. Kaitlyn stopped herself from raising her hand, knowing the book it came from.

Kate closed her eyes, moving through the books she's studied and all the quotes from them, but nothing came to mine. Opening her eyes, she started to speak. "I'm sorry sir, I don't know."

"I see. You! New girl! Do you know?" The teacher asked. "Othello, sir." Kaitlyn said quietly.

Glancing over to Kaitlyn, she raised her hand, and not waiting for the teacher's response, began speaking. "Sir, her name is Kaitlyn." She gave a small smile, remembering her first day. She hated being called 'new kid'. She paused, then dropped her hand.

"Kaitlyn, new girl, same difference. And that is correct!" The teacher said, smiling.

Kate hung her head a little. It's not the same, but whatever. I need to work.. She thought to herself as she remembered her latest report card.

Kaitlyn watched Kate as the class ended. She stood up, trying not to be swept away by the rushing students.

Gathering all her things and trying to avoid being smashed by an elbow or two, Kate almost dropped her notebook. She quickly stuffed it in her binder, taking a quick glance around before standing. "So, do you know your next class?" She asked Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn nodded. "Home ec." Again, this was the same class as Kate's. It was like they had the same schedules or something.

Kate paused, thinking. "And after that?" She had a feeling they had the same schedule..

"Math." Kaitlyn said, unblinking.

Kate nodded. "May I see your schedule when we get to our next class?" She asked, taking Kaitlyn's hand to lead her to Home Ec.

Kaitlyn nodded. Once they reached the classroom, she took her schedule out and handed it to Kate.

Reading over the schedule, Kate took a breath. "You've got the exact schedule I have for the entire year!" Her voice held a tint of excitement mixed with a splash of apprehension.

"Is that good?" Kaitlyn asked.

Kate shrugged. "I don't know." She pulled out a small notebook that was blue and labeled 'Home Ec. -Kate'

The day went by quickly and soon the bell rang for classes to end. Students rushed out to attend to their extracurricular activities and hang out with friends.

Pausing until the classroom emptied, Kate turned to Kaitlyn. "Umm, I know this question is kind of forward, and I know it's kind of personal, but are you, umm, blind?" She asked this quietly, watching Kaitlyn with a small smile.

Kaitlyn nodded. "Yes, I am."

"Oh..Okay." She stood up a little, mouthing words to herself. That makes sense, okay, yay. She smiled. "So..Do you ride the bus, or walk, or get picked up?"

Status
Not open for further replies.