helter skelter

QcoIJfm.png

hey y'all, you can call me hel. i draw a bit, write a bit, but mostly i'm just trying to survive real life, step by measly step. but the holidays are upon us! the semester's been overwhelmingly hectic for me (ooooh my spotty forum attendance ooooooh) but i realized recently that i really, really miss drawing; which means, of course, that i may as well offer up my skills again to anyone interested. c:

i'm offering both free and paid commissions, with limited slots. my style is very anime, rather simple, and usually not too ambitious, so please keep that in mind if you're thinking about requesting!

some addendums:
  • i'm seriously not joking when i say i am can be super busy. i'm working toward a structural engineering master's degree while simultaneously conducting experimental research for my thesis. i will do my best to complete your commission (free or paid) in a timely manner, but i'm frequently pretty tired.
  • don't let that intimidate you! i'm nice and i like to please. feel free to contact me. i wouldn't be offering stuff if i didn't want to do said stuff.
  • sometimes, when i go home for the holidays, i remember to bring my tablet but forget my tablet pen. i'm an idiot. i'm sorry.
  • i will always prioritize paid commissions over free commissions.

slots [PAID]
slots [FREE]
FREE COMMISSIONS
[spoili]
  • either a bust or a waist-up, whatever i'm feeling.
  • filled-in color with minimal shading or b/w.
  • to request a free commission slot, simply post a reference image of your character in this thread. first come, first serve; i will reopen slots periodically, so check back now and then if you'd like. please be patient, as my inspiration can be fickle.

[/spoili]
PAID COMMISSIONS
[spoili]
rules
  • i only accept payment through paypal.
  • i only accept USD.
  • if i cannot finish your commission for any reason, i will refund you.
  • if i have not finished your commission after one month, you may request a refund.
  • i reserve the right to decline your commission for any reason.
  • once you have received your finished commission, you may do whatever you like with it as long as you keep my signature on the image and/or visibly credit me as the artist.
  • what i will draw: humans, humanoids, violence, macabre, animals/creatures ...etc.
  • what i will not draw: furries, mecha, nsfw

procedure
  1. read the rules.
  2. fill out the commission form at the bottom of this post and send it to me via pm.
  3. wait for me to confirm the price with you. if the price is acceptable, i will give you a slot.
  4. once it's your turn, i will give you a very rough sketch of your commission. you can ask me to tweak it however you like.
  5. pay the full price. i will not color/complete the commission until i have received payment.

note: some of these samples are over a year old, but they're all i can find. ;v; sobs i've been so busy this year. dw tho i'll replace the older art with newer ones as i produce them.

• d7kNkU2.jpg

TYPE 1-A
    [zoomed in, simple bg included]
    10 USD

OqNScev.png

TYPE 1-B
    [full bust, simple or transparent bg included]
    15 USD​
  • AvmnOCI.png

TYPE 2-A
    [full waist-up, additional bg +5 USD]
    20 USD

CPv4A6V.png

TYPE 2-B
    [full waist-up, artsy-fartsy bg/detailing included]
    30 USD​
  • F5NtmAH.png
    yDTr8lF.png

TYPE 3
    [fullbody reference, no additional bg]
    30 USD
  • 9JOesY7.jpg

7i0I3S9.jpg

Q9i9XDs.jpg

ILLUSTRATION
    [fully composed illustration with one or more characters]
    *pricing negotiable. i will give you a quote based on perceived time and difficulty.
    50+ USD
[/spoili]

FORM
[b]email address:[/b]
[b]type:[/b] 1-A? 1-B? etc.
[b]background:[/b] (for type 2-A only) Y/N

[b]character reference image(s):[/b] required. if you don't have one, do your best to find something on google that will help me visualize what you have in mind. i accept descriptions but PLEASE give me an image to work with, for your benefit (i want to draw your character accurately!) as well as mine.

[b]background:[/b] (for type 1-B, 2-A, 2-B, and illustrations) unless you want me to take creative license, please describe what you would like for a background and/or link me to a reference image.
please fill out multiple forms for multiple characters unless you're requesting an illustration.

Last edited:
character app for TWEL∇E WITNESSES.

▉▉: / / FILE ON SUBJECT #64804D !
ALSO KNOWN AS: SPARRO OFFICER

NAME: SOOHYUN KWON
D.O.B.: 24 | NOVEMBER | 26 YRS
SEX: MALE
HEIGHT: 5 FT 4 IN
WEIGHT: 125LBS
RACE: HUMAN

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE ▸ / TYPE: INTJ-A [Architect]

✔ CALM: Soohyun is inherently settled. Though easily displeased, he rarely loses his temper, and performs exceptionally well under dire circumstances and intense pressure. His demeanor is usually straightforward, concise, and unconcerned, almost to the point of apathy. He exudes an undeniable aura of self-assurance--at times to the point of arrogance--but in truth, he is merely practiced in keeping his worries to himself.

✔ RESPONSIBLE, MATURE: Soohyun works best alone, and is fully capable of taking care of himself. Oddly enough, he is also good at taking care of others, despite his apparent callousness and preference for solitude. Past failures and disappointments have culminated into a subtle, but steadfast resilience and sense of responsibility. He is reliable as sunrise, and is capable of more compassion than one would expect.

✔ ASTUTE: Though Soohyun is borderline asocial, he is surprisingly sensitive to his surroundings, and is a natural at reading the emotions of others and the atmosphere of the room. To those who don't require words (he's awful with words), he can be a strangely comforting presence; he is intrinsically, if silently, both nonjudgmental and understanding.

✔ DILIGENT: His quiescence belies an intense, single-minded focus on subjects that trigger his interest. On first impression, he appears to be lazy, sluggish, and aggravatingly dismissive, especially during the day; once night falls or a case lands in his hands, however, Soohyun turns into a spearhead as bright and sharp as a lightning spark--

✖ WORKAHOLIC: --which thoroughly, unmistakably lands him in the 'overclocked' category. Once his interest is caught, he must pursue it, and he will work and work and work without eating or sleeping, without any consideration for others, until he sees results, or fails completely. He is known for his capability of becoming a shadow and a recluse for days on end, for becoming practically unreachable and nonexistent, until he is forcibly dragged out of his tunnel or he finally emerges on his own.

✖ GRUFF, CURT: He uses words with cruel efficiency; as a result, he often shoots straight from the hip, rude and direct like a gunshot through his usual silence. His actions, however, are often contradictory of his tone, and far more true to his real self. He also appears to have his own entire language of squinted eyes, thinned lips, and raised eyebrows.

✖ IRRITABLE: Soohyun is very, very easy to displease, which makes him almost perpetually irascible. His displeasure stems from both his jaded views and a terrible fastidiousness; he is extraordinarily picky, a perfectionist, and has a trench-deep, abysmally low opinion of the world around him. Fortunately, he isn't a complainer.

✖ LETHARGIC: You will be hard-pressed to meet anyone as sleep-deprived and drained as Soohyun appears to be on a daily basis. Lethargy is his eternal state of being. His circadian rhythm was fucked to high hell a long time ago, and a regular 9-5 shift has done nothing to revert it. The bags under his eyes will never disappear. This, of course, does not make him more pleasant.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

SKILL ANALYSIS

ɢ ᴇ ɴ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ ʟ

██████████ ▃▃▃ STRENGTH
██████████ ▃▃▃ ENDURANCE
██████████ ▃▃▃ AGILITY
██████████ ▃▃▃ CHARISMA
█████████▃▃▃ INTELLIGENCE

ᴀ ʙ ɪ ʟ ɪ ᴛ ɪ ᴇ s & ᴘ ᴏ ᴡ ᴇ ʀ s

██████████ ▃▃▃ CONTROL
██████████ ▃▃▃ POWER
██████████ ▃▃▃ CREATIVITY
██████████ ▃▃▃ DEFENSE

ABILITY PROFILE ▸ / SERVICE FILE:

ᴘ ᴏ ᴡ ᴇ ʀ s
Power: Human. N/A
Weakness: N/A​

ᴀ ʙ ɪ ʟ ɪ ᴛ ɪ ᴇ s
LOGISTICIAN: Soohyun's meticulousness and attention for detail lends him competency in coordinating, managing, and strategizing. He excels in gluing things together, and, through some inexplicable miracle given his disposition, excels in keeping it together until the aforementioned thing is no longer needed.
Socially Stunted: He is not, however, good at keeping people together, unless they themselves already trust him and understand how he works. Soohyun does not and will not lead a team unless they follow him on their own accord; he is no one's babysitter as far as he is concerned, and he will apply absolutely no effort into rallying them and setting them to work. His supervisor has been quick to realize that assigning Soohyun with strangers is a 70/30 gamble, with a heavy lean towards failure.​

CQC: Experience, training, and survival instincts have lent Soohyun exceptional skill in close-quarters combat. Do not be fooled by his short, slender stature; Soohyun is quick, his reflexes like the snap of a whip, his jabs sharp and brutally accurate, his drowsiness gone as if it had never been present. He is a fighter to his last breath, and he'll fight dirty.
Bruises Like a Peach: His physical strength and overall constitution is lacking even for an average human, supplemented by bird-bone wrists and irregular eating habits. Soohyun is fragile. He makes up for it in viciousness.​

FIX-IT FELIX: Soohyun is intrinsically good at fixing things, be it furniture, technology, or the toilet.
Free Labor: This skill is rarely useful to him in his line of work, but very useful to his cousins, who, honestly, can break a chair just by sitting on it. Soohyun gets a call from one of them at least once a week.​

HISTORY RECORDS : CLASSIFIED
RESIDENT OF AUTUMN: 10 YRS

Soohyun was born as a single child to strict, traditional parents in the rural ranges outside Autumn. He was close to his cousins, who looked up to him as the eldest.

The boring countryside and his father's high expectations eventually became too stifling for Soohyun, who, bright-eyed and idealistic at the time, desired freedom, independence, and opportunity in the big city. Come university, his parents shipped him off to Autumn to become a doctor. Soohyun gave them the proverbial middle finger by dropping out.

His father promptly disowned him.

Soohyun managed to sustain himself and his tiny apartment with part-time jobs. He often worked the graveyard shift. His frustration with his stagnancy leaked into aggression, rebellion, and a devil-may-care whirlwind of denial; he got into brawls often, despite his size and typically introverted nature.

His youngest cousin, Sangchul, joined him a few years later, fast on Soohyun's heels as yet another family disappointment. But Sangchul had a dream to follow, unlike Soohyun, and Soohyun finally scraped his shit together and worked more jobs and longer hours to put his favorite cousin in university.

It didn't take a genius to realize it wouldn't be enough. Soohyun applied for the police academy with his measly high school diploma soon afterward; got in, passed. Mellowed out and joined the force, surprising his entire estranged family.

Since then, he has steadily gained field experience and seniority, but has also gained a reputation for being incredibly difficult to work with. Too difficult--to the point of regularly chasing off his assigned partners. His supervisor only tolerates it because Soohyun is his only assigned officer who actually does paperwork, and the only one who regularly--and willingly--works overtime.

This has done Soohyun no favors with the rest of his colleagues, but he is left alone because Soohyun's tongue is as quick as his fist.

AN INTERVIEW WITH SUBJECT #64804D

QUESTION #001
LET'S START EASY: WHY ARE YOU WEARING THOSE SOCKS?

"They fit."

QUESTION #002
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU FOUND A GENIE?

"Where the hell would I have found a genie?"

QUESTION #003
YOUR LIFE IS NOW A MOVIE. WHAT IS THE TITLE AND WHAT ARE THE REVIEWS?

"'You're Wasting My Time'. Five star reviews on how much I don't give a fuck."

QUESTION #004
THERE IS A HOUSE FIRE. WHAT/WHO DO YOU SAVE?

"Not my department."

QUESTION #005
YOU GET STOOD UP FOR A DATE. WHAT IS YOUR REACTION?

Very, very flatly: "I don't date."

/ / ☆★ ⋮ —

Last edited: