1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Random times but close to 3pm EST
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
My party died to a group of kobolds because they casted fireball in a tavern for no reason. Any ideas on why they thought this was a good idea?

Clearly they are murder hobos and didn't calculate the radius of the fireball. They simply didn't know better.

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
PLAYERS NEVER THINK ABOUT CONSEQUENCES THEY ALWAYS WANNA DO WANT SOUNDS COOL UGH UUUUUGGHHHH

😂 Man I feel you. I don't run DnD games, but these situations pop up a lot in my Chat Roleplays cause they're real time and peeps just get so excited to do wild and cool sounding things, they don't really think about whether or not it is a good idea 🤣 I am always having to think fast on how to keep them alive so they dun murder themselves too soon

That reminds me of the last DnD session I played (and I happened to DM). My players decided that they wanted to steal, failed the check, and then had to fight to escape. They decided NOT to fight but to entertain instead. Cue to them rolling a 20 for acrobatics and essentially juggling the guards as they ran off without loot.

Clearly they are murder hobos and didn't calculate the radius of the fireball. They simply didn't know better.
I dont even know why they would think of casting fireball in a tavern. The other person casted meteor swarm for some reason also.

PLAYERS NEVER THINK ABOUT CONSEQUENCES THEY ALWAYS WANNA DO WANT SOUNDS COOL UGH UUUUUGGHHHH

😂 Man I feel you. I don't run DnD games, but these situations pop up a lot in my Chat Roleplays cause they're real time and peeps just get so excited to do wild and cool sounding things, they don't really think about whether or not it is a good idea 🤣 I am always having to think fast on how to keep them alive so they dun murder themselves too soon
Kobolds arent even that hard to fight. One is a pyromaniac the cleric is the only sane one and that's me.

That reminds me of the last DnD session I played (and I happened to DM). My players decided that they wanted to steal, failed the check, and then had to fight to escape. They decided NOT to fight but to entertain instead. Cue to them rolling a 20 for acrobatics and essentially juggling the guards as they ran off without loot.
Bro that's some looney toons stuff if I ever saw that happen ngl.

Also side question, why does the druid keep requesting to be a hydra even though I said no over 20+ times because druids cant do that at level 6.

• Haha
Reactions: jarek56
Also side question, why does the druid keep requesting to be a hydra even though I said no over 20+ times because druids cant do that at level 6.
Because no isn't an answer they like and if they ask enough they figure you'll give in. Also, fireball is a swift means of clearing out chaff, and it's rare that kobolds are anything but a waste of time in the eyes of players.

I just wish I'd get to play a range focused character and not have my DMs immediately mob me with three damn fish men from literally nowhere who flank my ass to death.

Because no isn't an answer they like and if they ask enough they figure you'll give in. Also, fireball is a swift means of clearing out chaff, and it's rare that kobolds are anything but a waste of time in the eyes of players.

I just wish I'd get to play a range focused character and not have my DMs immediately mob me with three damn fish men from literally nowhere who flank my ass to death.
PFFT ok thats hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: jarek56