Help wanted with Iwaku World

I thought he was implying that vault was iwaku mythos

The Vault War IS Iwaku Mythos.

But since you seem to be expressing disinterest in that particular game, and since this is a thread for help starting your own Mythos game or getting involved in the Mythos in general, in-depth discussion of the Vault War is a bit off-topic and better suited for other threads. ;] If you have more questions specifically about the Vault War for Asmodeus, I believe he has a Q&A thread for that purpose already. Or you could engage him in a private discussion via PMs!

Do you have any more questions about the Mythos in general? Or do you feel like you have a good grasp of the concept and the five years worth of development? It sounds like you've done a bit of reading.

Not yet 5 years worth. I fail to see how, lets say i start an iwaku mythos thread...and no one...even you older members join. its a big problem even among reg. rps.

i mean lets sayfor example: Something has shaken the iwaku world and the time continuum has fractured and frayed. One day, you all are walking and you thought it was the third month of cycle six, but things seem waaay familiar. Rory has returned? (From the dead i think?) The bread cultists. and petitioning your joining their group etc.

and lets say its well researched and you are betwwen the adminwar and yhe first age...

but nobody joins because you made things too complicatef, with no one liners

what then went wrong ?

You can read as much of the logs as you like; it won't properly prepare you for running a Mythos RP. These games are meant to represent a mythologised incarnation of the forum, the members, locations and events becoming part of the story and setting. And with the best will in the world, you can't properly pull something like that off on a forum you've only recently joined; all the people who've run such an RP, from Rory to Zen to Oz, have been around for at least a year or two before attempting it.

It's not that this is some elitist, 'no newbies allowed' sort of game; if you're determined to fly in the face of all the advice you're receiving and run one anyways, go right ahead. It's just that you will have a really, really fucking hard time running such a game. People see Mythos RPs as an opportunity to do whatever the fuck they want regardless of the plot you have in mind, and getting characters to interact is nothing short of a fecking nightmare.

So as someone who's tried and failed to run a Mythos RP, trust me when I say you want to try taking part in such a game waaaay before you start planning to run one.

If for your own sanity if nothing else. Seriously, just as Oz about some of the twatsausages we had playing in 'Iwaku SHATTERED'; that and more is what you should expect.

To try and answer your hypothetical scenario, or at least what I think it is you're pitching here: I have yet to see someone attempt to run an Iwaku Mythos RP and receive no interest. Most of the time, the amount of interest is massive, and at times more than the GM could possibly handle. The Vault War has something like 60 players. When Rory ran Iwaku: Azazel and Iwakutsuki, he had to have co-GMs assist him in approving character sheets and playing important roles, because otherwise the amount of players would have been unmanageable. If someone were to start a Mythos RP and no one joined, they would have to be making some kind of egregious error.

That said... I have to agree with Grumpy. GMing your own Mythos RP is not a light undertaking. It's not so much the history itself, as any of the Mythos can be revised and re-imagined to your heart's content; it's the years of precedent, the high expectations, and the sheer competency level required for managing a high-numbers, high-power player base in the type of premise that often brings out the worst in roleplayers along with the best. And beyond that, there's no soul in it when it's run by someone who doesn't have a connection to the community and the people here. It's not a matter of elitism; it's more like if you were trying to run a fanbased roleplay that's based on a book you've never read and don't care for. You have no personal connection to the material, and it will not have the same appeal and cohesiveness for your players that it would when run by a fan.

My advice? If you want to get involved in the Mythos, start as a player and work your way up.

That's the point though, i startef this thread because i was looking for a mentor who has done it to supervise, and tell me when I'm doing something wrong ...functionally

Oh and so you know i did try.
to join the ban hammer search but the mod only was excepting 11 players and i was 12

Then patience is a virtue, duder. Something is being run right now (Asmo's Vault War), and if that doesn't tickle your fancy something else will come along in time.

In the meantime, get to know the community. Join groups. Chat in the CBox. Get to know the members. You can't run a good Iwaku Mythos RP if you don't know Iwaku.

*tosses Envy into the Banishment OOC*

RAWR.

Fix your character sheet and you're good to go. You may also want to subscribe to it if you didn't notice I left you a message about this earlier in the day.