Help me update my username!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.

Was he always blue or did someone photoshop that to match my current avatar? Because as far as my minimal knowledge of DBZ is concerned, I do not remember Goku having blue hair.

And speaking of photoshop, what's up with the beard?

So many questions left unanswered. D:
Oh, the blue hair is from the New Dragon Ball series that came out.

I don't know about the beard.

Oh, the blue hair is from the New Dragon Ball series that came out.

I don't know about the beard.
The beard seems to be photoshopped in. Image without the beard:
8FEAHFc.png

And here is a link to the full image. I, ahem, trimmed off a bit of the sides of the image to make it easier to compare the two.

>_> I could tell that the beard was photoshopped in. My question was why.
Durr... I completely misread that comment >_<.
As for why... Because the maker of said image thought beards are cool?

I think it good to have the Kaga part be at the beginning, like in Kagarot and Kagatron. Makes for easier mentions, for those unaware of the change. *glares at @Abraham Lincoln*

As for suggestions, uhhh, Kagaphony? Kagastrophy? Kagaclysm? I dunno, I think the earlier suggestions hold more merit than mine.

Reactions: Greenie
THIS IS TOO BIG OF A DECISION FOR ME AND I CANNOT DECIDE.

Currently the most likely contenders mentioned in this thread are: Lady Kaga, Kaganomicon, Kagamine, and Kagayours.

Also, while considering the possibility of just going back to 'Kagamine', I then thought about making my user title 'Kaga Classic' or something (or maybe I'd get really crazy and spell 'classic' with a 'K' I dunno). This then led to the phrase 'Kaga Lite' popping into my head and I started considering it as a possible option despite the fact that it doesn't make a ton of sense.

MY REASONINGS FOR THE OTHERS:

"Lady Kaga" sounded like a perfectly nice title at first, but it honestly took me a while to realize it was probably meant to be a Lady Gaga reference. Now I don't hate Lady Gaga -- if anything I feel neutral about her -- but I'm not sure how I feel about that being the thing that would probably come to most people's heads when they see my name. Which is a shame, because, without that reference, "Lady Kaga" would've sounded like a perfectly nice title and I probably would've gone for it by now. D: Also, as @Holmishire mentioned, not having 'Kaga' at the beginning of my name makes it harder for people unaware of the change to tag me, which makes me even more hesitant about it.

Kaganomicon is kind of nice, but it's sort of long and doesn't break into pieces easily. I can easily see people being unsure about what to shorten it to if they don't already know me as 'Kaga'. Also, I don't want to feel like a Fake FanTM​ on account of the fact that I've technically never read any Lovecraft.

Kagamine is classic and retro and nostalgic but also sort of... bland...?? Also, there is still the reason why I stopped using that name in the first place -- that being, I thought it was kind of weird to have my identity so strongly tied to a Vocaloid character (well, technically two characters) when it just didn't feel fitting anymore. That being said, hardly anyone seemed to even think it was supposed to be a reference to anything back during my Guild days, so perhaps the point is moot.

Kagayours is cute, but, I dunno... I feel like it might A) just seem weird to anyone who doesn't know the reference (although I might sort of enjoy having an inside joke like that), and B) it just seems a bit too... inviting...

Kagatron and Kagarot I'm just not very keen on at all, since they're both references to things that I don't even really like. And it would just feel weird for me to have a username that implies that I'm a fan of something that I'm really not. And even if you ignore the references, they just don't sound like the best names to me (which is what sets them apart from Lady Kaga).

Kagalicious I keep going back and forth on. Half the time I'm like "aw fuck it, why not?" but then the other half of the time I'm like "noooo it doesn't really feel like me and I'll get uncomfortable with it and change it back before long ;_; " and me changing my username back too quickly is the biggest thing I want to avoid, hence why I'm taking this change so seriously and thinking long and hard about what I'm going to do.

I didn't originally plan on taking this thread so seriously, but now I really do want to change my username to something and I'm getting kind of antsy about it because I want to get it over with before I launch my next RP and potentially make a lot of newbies think that I go around changing my name all the time which I don't. o_o But there isn't a single name here that isn't at least slightly ProblematicTM​ and I just don't know what to do. o_o
How do you decide on groceries and stuff if you think this much about a small username change?

Also, brb, renaming myself Throatzilla.

Poopy-kun.

/thread

So you chose!

Er, but, could you explain it now? I feel like I'm missing some sort of joke with it.

So you chose!

Er, but, could you explain it now? I feel like I'm missing some sort of joke with it.
It's a play on her old name, Kagamine.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kitti
Status
Not open for further replies.