Help me meet my favorite band ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melia

Original poster
With two weeks advance notice, my favorite band in the whole world (Muse) dropped three intimate gigs in the US, only one which people were able to actually buy tickets for. Out of the thousands and thousands of people who tried, I was one of the lucky 1500 people who got a ticket and I am literally dropping everything and flying all the way to New York just to see them.

However, there is a meet and greet the next day that includes listening to their new album a month before the rest of the world gets to hear it and I would absolutely die to be able to be invited to that. I have a chance to get into that by winning a contest and it would mean the whole world to me if you could give me a vote or two or 20 (or 100) to help me get there.

So please help a fellow Iwakuian out?

You can vote here:
http://www.q1043.com/pages/contest/muse/?g

And you can come back every day and vote until the day of the meet and greet. There doesn't seem to be a limited number of times you can vote so literally every vote helps.

Please and thank you and you're the best.

<3

Reactions: Salsacookies
Contestant: CRYSTAL J.

Well balls. That's my hometown, yo.

Muse is pretty good, and Rochester isn't too long a drive from Binghamton (I don't think) so here's a vote.

Guys, be careful when talking about where you live on the Internet. There's no way to filter who will see it

Reactions: Mu and Melia
Guys, be careful when talking about where you live on the Internet. There's no way to filter who will see it

:/ It's not like I posted a specific address. Rochester's a huge city, besides...

Reactions: Mu and Gwazi Magnum
I've dropped from 3rd to 7th. Help a friend out?

I also gave 10 votes, considering Refreshing and then voting again actually counts as more votes. Seems kind of silly that people could just refresh and cast another vote.

The official rules did say you should each only vote once—
Voting Contests. If the Contest involves listener participation by voting for a Contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person per verified email address unless otherwise stated in the specific contest rules. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion.

Read more: http://www.q1043.com/articles/contest-rules-119179/general-contest-rules-376074/#ixzz3Yen9QBVf
—and that the contest-runners might at their discretion change the voting method if they feel it is being abused. However, seeing as at this point it looks like it's already too late to change tactics, I guess I'll go in an add a bunch more votes.

I think the way it works is you can vote once a day per IP address.

I appreciate your votes guys. I bumped up to 6th again so it must be doing something!

Sos send more votes! You can vote multiple times I gotta stay on the leaderboard.

Please send more votes. Just tried in another contest and didn't get anything. This is my last hope. I can't express how much I appreciate it. Thank you.

Okay everyone. We're in the last 24 hours and the leaderboard has been removed. Last I checked I was in 5th place. Please send as many votes as you can and help get me boosted to the top. Thank you already for all the help you've given me so far! You've all made a big difference!

Also you can vote multiple times. :)

There's three more.

Status
Not open for further replies.