Help F0X with her Pokemon Y Team!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already had my legendary and finished the big bad dude.
Pretty sure there wasn't much after that?

I believe the elite 4 are what's left, at least for me.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
If someone doesn't know the basics yet, you can't really expect them to throw together a crazy team and have it work out for them!
My mindset tends to be that it's okay to lose a couple times, then analyse what is common or what is something you commonly lose to and adjust for that. This is true for both beginning and high-end games, because of the evolving meta this is essential to the core of being competitive. If you find something anti-meta, be it a mindset or a moveset, you will steamroll so hard. Until you reach X ranking on Showdown and you get to play against smart people, at least.

Smogon has some good info and the article you linked is great, don't get me wrong, but for reference almost my entire post was a response to "Delphox is RU." ;p

Also I'm a huge pokémon nerd. Each gen steals a ridiculous amount of my time.

My mindset tends to be that it's okay to lose a couple times, then analyse what is common or what is something you commonly lose to and adjust for that. This is true for both beginning and high-end games, because of the evolving meta this is essential to the core of being competitive. If you find something anti-meta, be it a mindset or a moveset, you will steamroll so hard. Until you reach X ranking on Showdown and you get to play against smart people, at least.

Smogon has some good info and the article you linked is great, don't get me wrong, but for reference almost my entire post was a response to "Delphox is RU." ;p

Also I'm a huge pokémon nerd. Each gen steals a ridiculous amount of my time.
I am really excited for Sun and Moon!! =D

So I just found out that Blazakin can mega evolve in X/Y... BLAZAKIN gets SO MUCH LOVE!!!

So... I am kinda thinking of training Lucario into my Physical Sweeper and picking up an electric type like Jolteon or Manetric. With my current setup I have the following types:
Fire/Psychic (Delphox) *Sp.Atk Sweeper
Psychic/Fairy (Gardevoir) *Sp.Atk Sweeper
Fighting/Steel (Lucario) *Atk Sweeper
Dark (Umbreon) *Wall
Water/Ground (Swampert) *Tank/AtkDef focused

So looking at this is don't need: Psychic, Fire, Water or Dark.

I don't really need another special attacker either, which makes my idea of an electric special go out the window.

Any suggestions guys? <3

NOTE: I ask for the following reasons:
1. I don't know any of the Pokémon from Black and White OR Diamond and Pearl. I know Gen 1-3 really well, andon't I'm learning gen 6! But I know nothing of gen 4/5.
2. I can research it, but asking friends is better! <3
3. To talk about Pokémon and hear what you think :)

THERE NEEDS TO BE AN OBLIGATORY FLYING TYPE POKEMOOOOONN XDD (No seriously you need one)

HERE ARE SOME YOU CAN CONSIDER:

Aerodactyl - Dat speed and attack doe, especially with that mega. Can also be played as a entry pokemon (By that I mean pokemons that set up entry hazards like stealth rock and spikes...but if you go that option then he's basically a suicide lead coz that DEF/SpDEF is shit

Skarmory - More reliable as an entry pokemon since it's bulkier than Aerodactyl, but at the same time it's as about as fast as a turtle compared to Aerodactyl

Talonflame - If you can get a Gale Wing Talonflame that is...Or else it ain't gonna do fucking shit. Flying-type moves priority +1 ftw.

Gliscor - Ground/Flying typing, so you can shove that middle finger up those pesky electric-types' asses even further even though you will be 4x weak to ice. Very good at stalling and stallbreaking, but in order to use it to its full potential you need to get one with Poison Heal or else he's not that great orz

Mega Pinsir- HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT MEGA EVOLUTION DID MOTHERFUCKING WONDERS ON THIS ONE. Maximum happiness return w/ Aerilate and look at all those fighting/grass/etc crying in the corner. All abilities that it has are great on it, defense is also not to shabby. However, 2 main drawbacks are that 1) It will take a shitload of damage from Rock types. Stealth Rock will ruin it and 2) IT MUST BE MEGA PINSIR, NOT PINSIR. MEGA PINSIR. Or else it's just gonna be dead weight. And also since you have Y, you probably need to trade or get Friend Safari LOL

Mega Pidgeot - Its mega evolution helped it tons. with No Guard as it's Mega ability, you can literally land that normally-unreliable Hurricane every single time and with that special attack doe...-takes a moment- However, the problem is that it has exceptional spAtk...but it cannot learn a lot of special-attack moves...So in other words, it's kind of a one-trick pony

But if you really want Electric types (since the only freaking electric/flying types are either beyond shit (Emolga) or legendary (lookin at you Zapdos)):

Jolteon - Honestly, right now it's outclassed by its other eeveelutions and it now reduced to a RU-tier pokemon, but I won't lie about it speed being sub-par coz that speed is nuts. You can use Baton Pass like 2981 time to piss your opponent off :D It won't be able to break through DEF pokemons very well w/o a life-orb. But since it's also very frail as a motherfucking pokemon, if it was carrying a life-orb it's gonna wear out quicker than a product made in China.

Mega Manectric - Run it as a Special Attacker...but you already have like what, three of them already??? Intimidate is pretty handy for Mega Manectric though since it has lackluster defense. But other than that, like Mega Pinsir, NORMAL MANECTRIC IS AWFUL DX

Mega Ampharos - Why does it have a Dragon typing I will have no fucking clue BUT DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM THAT SPECIAL ATTACK STAT THOUGH (you still want another special sweeper?) Both defences are above average so if you wanna go for bulky Ampharos then go for it, but good luck dealing with that shitty ass speed (45 base at lv 100 like are you fucking kidding me?)

Eelektross - No weaknesses :D (well, until someone brings Gravity, which I highly doubt) Can go either way with Atk or spAtk...but bring an Assault Vest. Of course, this fucking eel is also slow as fuck and not so defensive either. AND GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET ONE W/O TRADING XDDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: F0X and Kagayours
THERE NEEDS TO BE AN OBLIGATORY FLYING TYPE POKEMOOOOONN XDD (No seriously you need one)

HERE ARE SOME YOU CAN CONSIDER:

Aerodactyl - Dat speed and attack doe, especially with that mega. Can also be played as a entry pokemon (By that I mean pokemons that set up entry hazards like stealth rock and spikes...but if you go that option then he's basically a suicide lead coz that DEF/SpDEF is shit

Skarmory - More reliable as an entry pokemon since it's bulkier than Aerodactyl, but at the same time it's as about as fast as a turtle compared to Aerodactyl

Talonflame - If you can get a Gale Wing Talonflame that is...Or else it ain't gonna do fucking shit. Flying-type moves priority +1 ftw.

Gliscor - Ground/Flying typing, so you can shove that middle finger up those pesky electric-types' asses even further even though you will be 4x weak to ice. Very good at stalling and stallbreaking, but in order to use it to its full potential you need to get one with Poison Heal or else he's not that great orz

Mega Pinsir- HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT MEGA EVOLUTION DID MOTHERFUCKING WONDERS ON THIS ONE. Maximum happiness return w/ Aerilate and look at all those fighting/grass/etc crying in the corner. All abilities that it has are great on it, defense is also not to shabby. However, 2 main drawbacks are that 1) It will take a shitload of damage from Rock types. Stealth Rock will ruin it and 2) IT MUST BE MEGA PINSIR, NOT PINSIR. MEGA PINSIR. Or else it's just gonna be dead weight. And also since you have Y, you probably need to trade or get Friend Safari LOL

Mega Pidgeot - Its mega evolution helped it tons. with No Guard as it's Mega ability, you can literally land that normally-unreliable Hurricane every single time and with that special attack doe...-takes a moment- However, the problem is that it has exceptional spAtk...but it cannot learn a lot of special-attack moves...So in other words, it's kind of a one-trick pony

But if you really want Electric types (since the only freaking electric/flying types are either beyond shit (Emolga) or legendary (lookin at you Zapdos)):

Jolteon - Honestly, right now it's outclassed by its other eeveelutions and it now reduced to a RU-tier pokemon, but I won't lie about it speed being sub-par coz that speed is nuts. You can use Baton Pass like 2981 time to piss your opponent off :D It won't be able to break through DEF pokemons very well w/o a life-orb. But since it's also very frail as a motherfucking pokemon, if it was carrying a life-orb it's gonna wear out quicker than a product made in China.

Mega Manectric - Run it as a Special Attacker...but you already have like what, three of them already??? Intimidate is pretty handy for Mega Manectric though since it has lackluster defense. But other than that, like Mega Pinsir, NORMAL MANECTRIC IS AWFUL DX

Mega Ampharos - Why does it have a Dragon typing I will have no fucking clue BUT DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM THAT SPECIAL ATTACK STAT THOUGH (you still want another special sweeper?) Both defences are above average so if you wanna go for bulky Ampharos then go for it, but good luck dealing with that shitty ass speed (45 base at lv 100 like are you fucking kidding me?)

Eelektross - No weaknesses :D (well, until someone brings Gravity, which I highly doubt) Can go either way with Atk or spAtk...but bring an Assault Vest. Of course, this fucking eel is also slow as fuck and not so defensive either. AND GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET ONE W/O TRADING XDDD

Thank you so much for all this Yata! Thing is I don't really need a flying type (other than fly hm from town to town) because I have fire (for grass and bug) and psychic (for fighting). Adding a flying type would give me a bit of redundancy since I already have my bases covered for what it's giving me.

I also realized last night that Electavire would be really good on my team as a PhyAtk sweeper! (Forgot he existed) I don't like that he's kinda fragile, but I'm still open to other suggestions.

Also note that I have 2 sp.Atk sweepers, and one Atk Sweeper. I def. Could use someone a bit tanky that is focused on Phy.Atk.

Basically I'd like to consider Pokémon that have types I don't already have to help increase my versatility. So: Electric, Flying, Rock, Ghost, Grass, Dragon, Ice, and Bug are all types I could most certainly add to the team.

Thank you so much for all this Yata! Thing is I don't really need a flying type (other than fly hm from town to town) because I have fire (for grass and bug) and psychic (for fighting). Adding a flying type would give me a bit of redundancy since I already have my bases covered for what it's giving me.

I also realized last night that Electavire would be really good on my team as a PhyAtk sweeper! (Forgot he existed) I don't like that he's kinda fragile, but I'm still open to other suggestions.

Also note that I have 2 sp.Atk sweepers, and one Atk Sweeper. I def. Could use someone a bit tanky that is focused on Phy.Atk.

Basically I'd like to consider Pokémon that have types I don't already have to help increase my versatility. So: Electric, Flying, Rock, Ghost, Grass, Dragon, Ice, and Bug are all types I could most certainly add to the team.

Oh if that is the case then I got the one for you:

Tyrantrum

It has great physical attack and defense stats (since you need one lol). Both abilities are very good on it and it can run a choice scarf moveset very well. However, his other stats are quite lackuster to the point that his slow speed and his shitty special defense stat will make it easy to 2HKO by special attackers.

Or if you hate RUs >_>

Aegislash - If you really fancy an Uber on your team though. THAT FUCKING KING'S AND ITS ABILITY STANCE CHANGE IS BULLSHIT. However, if you leave it in its "attack" form at the wrong target it's gonna get obliterated in like 0.3747382 seconds

Ferrothorn - Fuck that defence doe. It's attack is not too shabby either but it speed is slow and it's like too fucking weak to fire LOL

• Love
Reactions: F0X
Oh if that is the case then I got the one for you:

Tyrantrum

It has great physical attack and defense stats (since you need one lol). Both abilities are very good on it and it can run a choice scarf moveset very well. However, his other stats are quite lackuster to the point that his slow speed and his shitty special defense stat will make it easy to 2HKO by special attackers.

Or if you hate RUs >_>

Aegislash - If you really fancy an Uber on your team though. THAT FUCKING KING'S AND ITS ABILITY STANCE CHANGE IS BULLSHIT. However, if you leave it in its "attack" form at the wrong target it's gonna get obliterated in like 0.3747382 seconds

Ferrothorn - Fuck that defence doe. It's attack is not too shabby either but it speed is slow and it's like too fucking weak to fire LOL
Tyrantrum could most certainly work... He has a lot of weaknesses, but I am actually liking him... Hmm...

Also, I love RU's. I'd rather stick away from Ubers if I can. I am also thinking about Flygon as well. It seems pretty good and can make my team pretty well rounded.

Just as a heads-up, @F0X while I'm not particularly inclined to battling, I am willing to do trading with you.

• Love
Alright!! We made it through the elite 4! Now I have access to the new town and FRIEND SAFARI!!

SOOOOO!!!

If you guys wanna share your friend code with my I'd really appreciate it! Mine is: 3411-4855-8140

Also, my wife is now playing pokemon and she's really enjoying it! We got her a 3ds and pokemon X. Her team is:
Chesnaught
Jolteon
Charizard
Milotic
Aurorus
Hydreigon

^.^

In today's adventures, I have now acquired every Eeveelution with a decent nature for each one! Quite happy with that! I also have every starter thanks to a friend, so if anyone needs anything let me know!

Also, does anyone have Blazakinite that they aren't using/don't want? I have an extra level 100 Celebi that I got from an event that I'd be willing to let go for it!
@Opal @Phantom General @Yatagarasu @Kestrel

I know its banned but... IT JUST LOOKS SO COOL!

In today's adventures, I have now acquired every Eeveelution with a decent nature for each one! Quite happy with that! I also have every starter thanks to a friend, so if anyone needs anything let me know!

Also, does anyone have Blazakinite that they aren't using/don't want? I have an extra level 100 Celebi that I got from an event that I'd be willing to let go for it!
@Opal @Phantom General @Yatagarasu @Kestrel

I know its banned but... IT JUST LOOKS SO COOL!

Sorry bruh I'm in the middle of EV training my torchic XDDDD

Should've gotten ORAS :P

Nope. Just got the one. I don't feel the remakes are worth the money. Even if I really wanted to use Mega Sceptile who is a badass.

I hold infinite love for Prankster Whimsicott with Worry Seed. Say goodbye to your precious abilities you scrubs...

Status
Not open for further replies.