Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rahal

Original poster
What do you prefer to be called?
Either Rahal or Paul is fine

Boy, girl, or a mystery?
Last time I checked I was male, but I play characters of both genders, and have no problem whatsoever with walking around in a bright pink shirt because real men wear pink.

How old are you?
25, and yes I sadly squee whenever I get asked for ID in bars because I love being mistaken for someone 8 years younger (18 is the drinking age here in the UK).

Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying?
Yes.

Okay, I've been roleplaying for 14 years now and I only really have 2 rules:

1) Have fun and don't be a jerk about originality. Everything has been done before, no reason to be mean about someone playing a character that seems like they were taken from another work.
2) I'm a quality over quantity guy. I don't care how long your posts are as long as it's a good one. Sometimes a sentence or two does more than a whole chapter will ever do.

Do you like group RPs or just a single partner?
I can do both.

Do you like making snowmen or staying in by the fire?

Making snowballs for the kids to throw.

SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind?

I currently have the Sword Art Online theme stuck in my head because I'm in the middle of marathoning the Blu Ray set.

I'm into this! How are you today!

Welcome to Iwaku, Rahal!

Thanks for the replies, and other than a cold I'm fine today! Might as well add a bit more while I'm here!

I mostly roleplay to explore worlds and to be other characters, you know, the kinds of people different than myself and what makes then think and tick. The world exploration things is why I tend to frequent RP servers on MMORPGs (I play on Balmung on FFXIV, and Argent Dawn on WoW if anyone is onto MMO RP). I like to experience new worlds and explore those things, as well as my own and other people's creativity through roleplay.

Roleplay is also a great way to meet others as well and it's a great little way to break the ice since at is at least one little thing that you have in common when getting to know the new people that you meet.

Other than that, I've been a gamer and anime fan for as long as I can remember.

Anyway, any advice on getting into some of the Roleplays or settling in here would be appreciated. As I said in my opening post, I don't care if the setting or characters aren't original, as long as we can all have fun.

Ehehehdhe *cough* ahem...
Hello there!
Welcome to the site :)
If you want to experience worlds and characters, please check out the interestchecks I have up. Could always use a quality guy (or any rper at all at the moment, hate waiting for people to find my rps).
Hope you get interested ^^

Howdy Rahal! :D welcome to the site! We're happy to have ya!

Yeah I'm enjoying the series but the Blu Rays cost a lot XD. My only real complaints about SAO are that to do with them cramming 4 novels into 25 episodes and it shows.

I currently live in the UK where being an anime fan is very expensive. The SAO Blu Rays for example come in 4 Volumes at about $40-50 a pop, and there's no special features at all. You get the disc with dual audio and that is it. Luckily importing from the US is very cheap but Blu Rays are region locked and my only player is the PS3 so... XD

I haven't read the novels, but I can imagine just how crammed together it all feels if you have. It feels like that when I watch Game of Thrones, lol. I still love the series though.

Anime collections tend to be too expensive for me here in the states, or I would buy more. I do own all of Black Lagoon and Desert Punk, minus OVA stuff. Of course when I buy dvds and such they tend to end up just gathering dust. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.