Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
a wild coder has appeared.​

nightmare alley
tl:dr

⇢ 300 - 600 word average.
⇢ a couple of posts a week.
⇢ can play males & females in mxf, mxm & fxf pairings.
⇢ double friendly.
⇢ real people face claims.
⇢ pm & thread friendly.
⇢ plot › smut.
⇢ genres: fantasy, sci fi, romance, action, drama, & certain fandoms.

about

hello, and happy holidays! i'm not going to waste too much time on an introduction so i'll just jump right to it. i'm looking for a few writing partners. the holidays are a great time to write because i have more time on my hands, but that aside, my last semester is primarily online which means i can dedicate more of my time to writing even after the holidays are over. truthfully, it's also just been a while since i indulged and i miss it, so i'd really like to get back into the swing of things.

here are a couple of things i feel like i should mention about myself, as a writer, as well as some things i expect in any potential writing partner:

⇢ i typically average around 300 - 600 words per post/character. i can write more but at the moment i'm not really looking for something too detailed or text-heavy. i want casual, but at the same time i don't want one-liners or two-liners. give me two good sized paragraphs and we're good. want to write more? that's fine too. just know that i myself will probably cap it off at like, 700 words (unless i'm writing for two characters, in which case there might be more).​
⇢ i play both males and females, in mxf, mxm, and fxf pairings. my top choice among them all would be portraying females in mxf pairings, but i'm by no means limited to just that. any and all plots and pairings i list here can be adapted and changed. more often than not, i decide what kind of character to play and what pairing to include once we've done a bit of plotting, so writing with someone who's flexible would be ideal. i also can, and happily will, portray multiple main characters.​
⇢ i use real people/celebrities for character representation. i can get really into it sometimes, going so far as to find references for npcs and pretty much any character introduced throughout the story. i don't require you to be as obsessive as i am but i would prefer it if my writing partner used a real person/celebrity for their character representation as well.​
⇢ i'm cool writing on pms or threads, whatever my partner's preference may be. smut is great, but i prioritise the story over smut more often than not.​
⇢ in terms of genres, i have a wide range of interests. one of the main themes i prefer including in all of my stories is definitely romance. i've found that i can quickly lose interest if it's not included. it does not, however, need to be the main focus of the story. i love a good balance of action and drama. slice of life can be great if we find ways to spice things up by adding an element of danger. the more drama the better, in my opinion. i'm also a huge fan of fantasy, sci fi, horror, thriller, and several fandom settings.​
⇢ i can post a couple of times a day, or a couple of times a week, depending on my schedule. i'm pretty patient though, so if my partner can get me a reply a week or every two weeks, that's more than fine. all i ask is that you let me know if you're going to be taking longer. chances are that i'll stay in contact in between though because i'm definitely the type of partner who loves to chat, whether it be checking in, just making casual conversation, or even geeking out over something we may have in common.​
so that went on for longer than i expected it to but anyway, that's the end of the boring stuff. onward to the fun stuff!

pairings & ideas

i don't have any fleshed out ideas for any of these pairings because that's something i'd like to come up with through discussions with a potential partner. if you've got any ideas for these though, please feel free to come to me with them!
⇢ criminal x innocent​
⇢ spy x spy​
⇢ popular x not popular​
⇢ student x professor​
⇢ criminal x undercover cop​
⇢ royal x royal (could be modern too)​
⇢ royal x not royal​
⇢ supernatural x human​
⇢ ghost x medium​
⇢ assassin x target​
⇢ criminal x criminal​
⇢ crime lord's wife x underling/second in command OR cop​

and here are some random ideas i had in mind that can easily be built on. they're not totally fleshed out so there's plenty of room for changes and additions.

⇢ secrets and mysteries are always fun to play around with. maybe a forbidden relationship (either in a modern or historical setting), or someone falling for a gang member trying to hide their illicit activities. or even a prison escapee, someone recently paroled and with a troubled past, maybe an important connection to make things even more dramatic (i.e, criminal was somehow involved in the death of innocent person's relative or really any kind of connection that could pose trouble along the way).​
⇢ spies or agents reluctantly working together after years of trying to one up each other because oops, someone's out to frame them.​
⇢ teenage runaways, misfits with superpowers that they never asked for, friends somehow swept up in a murder mystery when it turns out that not all of them are 100% human. vampires, werewolves, witches = all super cool. supernatural hunters are a bonus.​
⇢ if you've read or heard of the book lore by alexandra bracken, i'd love to do something with that concept. it's essentially the idea that nine greek gods are forced to walk the earth as mortals ever seven years, and a group of hunters are out to kill them because doing so would grant them that god's power.​
⇢ the darkest minds by alexandra bracken is also a really cool concept. give me anything to do with superpowers, rebellion, and a corrupt government, and i'm on board.​
⇢ in terms of fandoms, i'm down for canon x oc pairings (with doubling up of course!), or just using the setting and our own original characters. my list of preferred canon characters is way too long so feel free to ask me or let me know yours.​
⇢ as for what fandoms i'm interested in: harry potter (a classic), star wars (another classic), game of thrones (let's change that ending folks), the hunger games (or literally any dytopian setting), shadow and bone triology/six of crows duology (loads to play around with here), the mortal instruments (books only!), stranger things, doctor who, marvel (honestly just geek out with me about the new spiderman movie if you've seen it), dc, supernatural, and honestly there's likely many more, but these are just off the top of my head.​

the end

and that's it! please feel free to send me a private message if you're at all interested in something you've read here. send me a message even if nothing really caught your eye but you still feel like we'd write well together!

oh, and once again, happy holidays!

© melinoe

Last edited:
burning the old year
Letters swallow themselves in seconds.
Notes friends tied to the doorknob,
transparent scarlet paper,
sizzle like moth wings,
marry the air.

So much of any year is flammable,
lists of vegetables, partial poems.
Orange swirling flame of days,
so little is a stone.

Where there was something and suddenly isn't,
an absence shouts, celebrates, leaves a space.
I begin again with the smallest numbers.

Quick dance, shuffle of losses and leaves,
only the things I didn't do
crackle after the blazing dies.

NAOMI SHIHAB NYE

© melinoe