Hello There People ^.^

A

Akane Rōzu

Original poster
Hello! :3I have role played a little before but I'm still fairly new to this. The easiest way to introduce my self, I think, would be just filling in the questionnaire so I'll just start with that (:

What nicknames do you like to be called?

Anything really, don't have a proper nickname so merh xD

Are you a boy or a girl, and how old are ya?

I am a girl in her late teens o.O

What's your favorite genres to roleplay?

Any^^

What kind of characters do you usually play?

Either the shy dark type or sweet and innocent^^ but I can adapt to any kind of character. :)

Would you prefer Space Kittens, Angry Marines, Sparkling Vampires or Wolf Packs?

Space Kittens probably, or wolf packs. No sparkling vampires -.-

Also, this site is fairly confusing for me right now so any tips would be greatly appreciated. ^-^

Hey there um... Kitty? I don't wanna call you Suicidial cause that's just... =/ Kitty it is!

Since you're feeling slightly overwhelmed here's a couple of tips.

The Global Signups Thread is where you wanna go when you're looking for some roleplays to join or you want to find people to join yours. This would be called the OOC thread.

Under the roleplay category on the homepage are all of the different genres of roleplays. Our most active genres are fantasy and modern although since April is Science Fiction month, that particular category is booming.

And if you're looking for some chit chat you can go to the General Chat and find some threads to comment on OR you can go the Chatbox where everyone gathers together and talks about stuff. Basically it's our chat room.

I hope this helps you somewhat!

Oh, Welcome, Welcome, BloodRedRose!... or Suicidal Kitty?
I shall call you Sui. Miss Sui.
I'm Selenite, the one that gives cookies! Please accept one!
-Uploads-PressReleases-food-Images-20080930-mrsfields_1_300.jpg

Yes, I must admit that the site does seem confusing in the beginning. Our forums may criss-cross sometimes.
So far, this is what you need to know;

This is the Global Signups & Plot Listings forum. Here you can see ALL of our Out Of Character threads and discuss and plot about our roleplays. All genres- fantasy, modern, scifi, you name it! Have a browse, and join in those ideas that you find interesting!

However, if you prefer seeing things classified under each genre, this is the Roleplay Forums List- we actually have a forum for each genre, and in each of those we keep a subforum in which we plot and do all the OOC discussion.

Here we join in the Discussion (OOC) thread first, present our characters to the GM, and then move on to the actual roleplay.

If you want to get started straight away, that is without any character sheet presentation, this is the Jump In Roleplays- simply get started!

We also have a ChatBox -Cbox- in which you can join and meet us Iwaku people live, and ask for anything you may be after!

See you around, Sui! :D

Hah, yeh, that would me a bit... odd o.O
and Thank You ^_^

Thank you for the tips Selenite! ^.^
and for teh cookie :3 *munches on cookie* omnomnom (:

Hello there and welcome to Iwaku, Suicidal Kitty.

I'm Tenchi-Roku, your local ninja. I hope you enjoy your stay with us. ^^

*ninja vanish*

Hai! ^^ *waves at him*
Hmmm you're a ninja huh? Ninja's are awesome! :D I'm sure you already know that but yeh.. :P

Hello person of many names! My advice is to poke around a bit, look at stuff, then ask a staff member questions if you have them. Also jump in. Especially to jump in roleplays. It'll be fun and totally fine! Welcome to Iwaku!

Thank you ^_^ and hah :P I am a very undecided person xD I'll probably be sticking with this name tho. I'll see...
And yes I was wanting to do that but... I'm not very sure how to start :S could you ,maybe, give me some advice on that, please?

I would check out the jump in forum, find something labelled with a genre you like (fantasy? medieval? modern?), and doesn't have more than a page of posts, and then read the thread and write a short paragraph putting your character into the action.

Once you've done a bit you can join the Roleplayer's Academy for more help!

You can also send me a PM with more specific questions, I'll be happy to attempt to help! :]

heya, welcome to the forums Akane, like I say to about everyone, hope you enjoy your stay

Fairly new to roleplaying, how exciting~
Welcome to Iwaku.
I'm Kitti and it's very nice to meet you.
Hopefully you've been able to take a peek around the site and see what kinds of things you like, but I also have some links to help!
This is where you can sign up for the roleplays found in Modern, Scifi, Fantasy, and sometimes Mature. Generally, they will have you post a character sheet in their thread, a new sheet for each roleplay! You can also start signups for a roleplay of your own here.

This is where you can find jump in games, which typically have no sign up thread. You just start posting!

We're in the middle of our Sci-Fi festival (hence my super themed name right now!) so you'll see lots of cool and exciting sci-fi things around here right now.
If you need any help, please do ask~

Aaaaaaaaaakuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnn-yyyyyyyyyyyy = w= I love saying that >:D

But anyways....Welcome to this magical place! My name is Lady Raimy (Rina) :3 I hope you like it here!

Hallo Akane that used to be a Kitty! 8D Welcome to the site!

Thank You All For The Great Advice And Tips ^.^