Hello there! I'm new to forum RP.

C

Cactus

Original poster
Hiya! You can call me Cactus.
I'm 19 years old and am based in New York.

I've role played on and off since I was 10 years old, and I used to RP on a site called gaiaonline.com (which I see is linked to creating your own RP characters, heh.) So that is the closest I've ever come to forum RP, though I know it's super common for people to do it.

When I started I did a TON of group role plays, given that my posts were about a paragraph or two long. On Gaia, my post length bugged a ton of people once I started becoming more developed in each post, so I stopped posting there as much. I fell back to doing 1x1s.

It's been a long time, about 3 years, since I've sat and actually held a decent length role play that didn't feel like a chore to reply to. However, I'm really excited at the idea to get back into it, so, hello! :)

Hey Cactus, welcome to Iwaku! I also used to play on Gaia and it's actually forum roleplay too! (It just looks different.) So you'll be fine. :] We have people with all kinds of preferences as far as length, so you should be able to find something that works for you.

If you have any questions let me know, I'm happy to help.

• Love
Reactions: Cactus
Welcome aboard, Cactus! It really isn't all that much different from Gaia's style, so I don't think you'll have any trouble adjusting to roleplay around here. Feel free to ask questions if you've got any.

Oh, and have a cookie :cookie:. Enjoy!

• Love
Meowdy Cactus, Welcome to Iwaku! :D

Wow, you're certainly a veteran at roleplaying if you've been at it since age 10! I started when I was 22 years, and then when I was 28 ^_^.

Like Asta and Dipper have mentioned already, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find roleplays and partners here that'll suit your fancy!

Happy Roleplaying!

• Love
I also started around age 10, actually (I'm 27 now). High-five for starting early! 8D

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Cactus and Greenie

Thank you all for such warm welcomes! I already feel like this will be a friendly environment to be in. :cheerful: I think I just have to explore a bit more around and get used to it. I've already noticed the BBCode is a little different from Gaia :heavybreathing:; so, that will take some getting used to.
I look forward to talking with you guys more or possibly RPing with you all! :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
I've already noticed the BBCode is a little different from Gaia :heavybreathing:; so, that will take some getting used to.

Yeah, it's a little different. We have a bunch of custom BB coding here! Here are some resources to help you out:

BB Codes | IwakuRoleplay.com (A list of most of the codes we use)
RESOURCE - BBCode Help (A help/FAQ thread for doing complex coding and learning more about styling with code)
THE TEST CHAMBERS (Where you can test out coding or work on designing stuff that's not ready for public release)