Hello says the newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

inkedpoet

Original poster
Hello, erm I don't know what to say. I suppose I'll start with my name. 'M Bowie and I'm in my mid twenties. I'm currently living in Ireland and travel to NYC on occasion. I am a freelance writer and graphic designer. I've been on the look out sometime for a roleplay forum to join as I am highly familiar with the roleplay world. But have yet to find a great forum. Now I feel I've found it. Anyway, I enjoy Dark, Dark Comedic, Psychological, Paranormal, and Scifi roleplays to name a few. However, I'm open to some angst romance as well as pretty much anything else I reckon. Sometimes I can come off as rather daft. Especially when it comes to being the New Guy. So forgive my idiocy. But let's stay positive and I hope to get involved in the community asap.

Reactions: Kitti
'M Bowie. . . Welcome to Iwaku! :D

If you feel like you need some guidance check out the Newbie Care Package where you will be offered a guide for the next month to answer all of your questions you might have about Iwaku, or just to have someone to get to know you! :D <3

Though if you have any questions anyway, then don't be scared to hit up an intern (light blue names and banners) like me or staff (red names and banners) since we really don't mind helping you out! :D We'll even bite if you ask veeeeeery nicely~ ^^

I think you'll fit in just nicely if those are your roleplay interests! :D Haven't really roleplayed a lot of angst romance myself, but it does indeed sound a bit interesting. . . Would love to try out a more psychological RP one day too :O

Oh, and don't be afraid of seeming "stupid", trust me. . . A lot of members who have been here for years still does mistakes and asks questions! :D (this being of personal experience. . . ^^;) so. . . You really can't go wrong here ^o^!

Happy writing 'M Bowie! :D I look forwards to seeing you in the forums! :D <3

Oh! Also, take a welcoming cookie from me~ <3 (you can't refuse. . . Take my cookie and enjoy it ^^)

• Thank You
Reactions: inkedpoet
Hello says the not newbie.

But you seem like a pretty rad dude. Welcome to Iwaku.

Well, I certainly hope we are the awesome forum you think we are! I do hope you get along well. We try not to treat our new members like "the New Guy" or anything. Your genres are pretty popular, so I'm sure you'll find many people to play with you. Anyways, welcome to the iwaku! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Thank You
*squints at tiny font*

Welcome. Have a Nathan.

c85b947823de0c265e6d2270f2ee0fa6.jpg

'M Bowie. . . Welcome to Iwaku! :D

If you feel like you need some guidance check out the Newbie Care Package where you will be offered a guide for the next month to answer all of your questions you might have about Iwaku, or just to have someone to get to know you! :D <3

Though if you have any questions anyway, then don't be scared to hit up an intern (light blue names and banners) like me or staff (red names and banners) since we really don't mind helping you out! :D We'll even bite if you ask veeeeeery nicely~ ^^

I think you'll fit in just nicely if those are your roleplay interests! :D Haven't really roleplayed a lot of angst romance myself, but it does indeed sound a bit interesting. . . Would love to try out a more psychological RP one day too :O

Oh, and don't be afraid of seeming "stupid", trust me. . . A lot of members who have been here for years still does mistakes and asks questions! :D (this being of personal experience. . . ^^;) so. . . You really can't go wrong here ^o^!

Happy writing 'M Bowie! :D I look forwards to seeing you in the forums! :D <3

Oh! Also, take a welcoming cookie from me~ <3 (you can't refuse. . . Take my cookie and enjoy it ^^)

Thank you for the gracious and warm welcome and of course all information I need as a newbie haha. I am highly excited and can't wait to get to writing and meeting loads of other writers and artists. I can't believe how vast it is here and manageable. Good to know I'm not the only one who is easily confused at times. But I'm doing well for the time being. We shall see how long that lasts haha. Oh goodness you are very ...emotional?? I don't know the words but I'm trying to say you use lovely little faces that are theatrical. Alright, I'll stop being odd now. I love the angst. You def should try it sometime as well as psychological.
Thank you again, mate and for the cookie as well. Hope it has loads of chocolate chips.

Well, I certainly hope we are the awesome forum you think we are! I do hope you get along well. We try not to treat our new members like "the New Guy" or anything. Your genres are pretty popular, so I'm sure you'll find many people to play with you. Anyways, welcome to the iwaku! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
That's even more amazing to hear! Thank you so much. I do hope I find plenty to interact with. I'm sure there will be eventual questions.

Well there's a neat thread here Getting Started that can totally help you out too ^^ <3 Oh! I also completely forgot to tell you about the place where you can show off your art! :D

We have a neat little section called Showcasing where you can literally just show off what you can do ^^! I have a stick army figure I guess I could show off, but I'm waiting for it to reach perfection~ :D

Ah. . . Well I like using faces ^x^ It. . . Spices up my messages? It's really a habit at this point and I'll find my messages looking "boring" if I don't do it? XD I don't know when this habit began D;

Of course our cookies have chocolate chips :D The best of chocolates ^^! Only the best for all the members of Iwaku after all! :D

Well there's a neat thread here Getting Started that can totally help you out too ^^ <3 Oh! I also completely forgot to tell you about the place where you can show off your art! :D

We have a neat little section called Showcasing where you can literally just show off what you can do ^^! I have a stick army figure I guess I could show off, but I'm waiting for it to reach perfection~ :D

Ah. . . Well I like using faces ^x^ It. . . Spices up my messages? It's really a habit at this point and I'll find my messages looking "boring" if I don't do it? XD I don't know when this habit began D;

Of course our cookies have chocolate chips :D The best of chocolates ^^! Only the best for all the members of Iwaku after all! :D
Ah, that is a lot easier to follow then wandering around.

That is wonderful, honestly I'm excited to see that. Even a stick figure army. Those are the best kind. Harmless and scrawny.

Hm, well it does spice things up. Then you have boring old me with my addiction to this tiny font. Intentions to weaken the eyes. Kidding.
Imagine if I were allergic to chocolate. Luckily for us both, I am not and I plan on eating every cookie given, down to the last morsel.

Ah, that is a lot easier to follow then wandering around.

That is wonderful, honestly I'm excited to see that. Even a stick figure army. Those are the best kind. Harmless and scrawny.

Hm, well it does spice things up. Then you have boring old me with my addiction to this tiny font. Intentions to weaken the eyes. Kidding.
Imagine if I were allergic to chocolate. Luckily for us both, I am not and I plan on eating every cookie given, down to the last morsel.
Well, I got used to the site by wandering around ^^; There was no Newbie Care Package when I joined, but I somehow managed to navigate around the site and eventually get used to it ^^! Thankfully my sense of navigation is better online than in real life, otherwise I'm sure I wouldn't even manage to google something ^^;

HOW DARE YOU CALL MY STICK FIGURE ARMY SCRAWNY?! THEY HAVE THICK ARMOR! THIIIIICK ARMOR >: O! But I guess they would be somewhat scrawny even with armor. . . :X

*gets magnifying glass* It's working, I'm already using glasses too. ..

Nah, it's fine really. . . On iwaku you can have different colored backgrounds measuring from white to black, some people color their texts very dark or very light, so some people can't see it at all. . . I'd rather have tiny text to be honest :X

And I shall feed you with cookies then. . . Until you can't take more. . . And I'd still give you another. . . >: D!

Well, I got used to the site by wandering around ^^; There was no Newbie Care Package when I joined, but I somehow managed to navigate around the site and eventually get used to it ^^! Thankfully my sense of navigation is better online than in real life, otherwise I'm sure I wouldn't even manage to google something ^^;

HOW DARE YOU CALL MY STICK FIGURE ARMY SCRAWNY?! THEY HAVE THICK ARMOR! THIIIIICK ARMOR >: O! But I guess they would be somewhat scrawny even with armor. . . :X

*gets magnifying glass* It's working, I'm already using glasses too. ..

Nah, it's fine really. . . On iwaku you can have different colored backgrounds measuring from white to black, some people color their texts very dark or very light, so some people can't see it at all. . . I'd rather have tiny text to be honest :X

And I shall feed you with cookies then. . . Until you can't take more. . . And I'd still give you another. . . >: D!
At first I thought you didn't award me a cookie again. I would have been disappointed.

No care package for you? What a shame. Still, look at you now. Climbing the ranks. I am there with you.I have no sense of direction. Only ONE DIRECTION (( wow,how cheesy can I get....))

I wanted to see how much of a button I could press. Okay, that makes me sound like some mischievous being. But no, I mean. I'm sure the armor is a least a centimeter thick. Perhaps. I can envision them now. But at least you've an army. I am army and amor-less....

Making you work work work work extra hard.

Agreed, I feel like an orange right now with my Newbie name in Newbie orange. I shall keep the tiny writing, in that case.

Trying to fatten me up is that it? Hm. I will take the cookie torture.

At first I thought you didn't award me a cookie again. I would have been disappointed.

No care package for you? What a shame. Still, look at you now. Climbing the ranks. I am there with you.I have no sense of direction. Only ONE DIRECTION (( wow,how cheesy can I get....))

I wanted to see how much of a button I could press. Okay, that makes me sound like some mischievous being. But no, I mean. I'm sure the armor is a least a centimeter thick. Perhaps. I can envision them now. But at least you've an army. I am army and amor-less....

Making you work work work work extra hard.

Agreed, I feel like an orange right now with my Newbie name in Newbie orange. I shall keep the tiny writing, in that case.

Trying to fatten me up is that it? Hm. I will take the cookie torture.
Ah ha~ You thought I'd forget the cookie? Never! >: 3

No. . . There was none for me Q~Q At the time it was a thing for Iwaku, I had already been here for two years. . . I'm envious of you new members~ Getting someone to be your guide and friend on the site. . . So envious~ ^^;

Psh, I feel as if you're mischievous anyway though. . . And I have to ask. . . Did you write: "amor-less" on purpose to make it super cheesy and "loveless" or was this a miss-type? Or was it a very clever wordplay? It's not a pun, but definitely a wordplay <-<

*gets windows essentials up and zooms in too*

I feel light blue. . . I really like this color too. . . But one day that color shall become red, almost a shame. . . Almost ^^;

No, not fatten up! Sweeten! Sweeten ^^! <3

• Love
Ah ha~ You thought I'd forget the cookie? Never! >: 3

No. . . There was none for me Q~Q At the time it was a thing for Iwaku, I had already been here for two years. . . I'm envious of you new members~ Getting someone to be your guide and friend on the site. . . So envious~ ^^;

Psh, I feel as if you're mischievous anyway though. . . And I have to ask. . . Did you write: "amor-less" on purpose to make it super cheesy and "loveless" or was this a miss-type? Or was it a very clever wordplay? It's not a pun, but definitely a wordplay <-<

*gets windows essentials up and zooms in too*

I feel light blue. . . I really like this color too. . . But one day that color shall become red, almost a shame. . . Almost ^^;

No, not fatten up! Sweeten! Sweeten ^^! <3
I did, I even gasped. Okay, not to be cheeky or rude, vulgar but that face looks like balls to me. Just the mouth part. Now I will forever have expectations of cookies. You've set the bar high.

Wow, you veteran. Jealous, hm. Well, trueyou should be. Not only do I get a guide but I got a package deal and I'm not talking about the newbie one, but the deal of a guide and my very own tour guide (( you )) . Okay actually more like friend to bother but.

Me? No, I'm an innocent angel. Haha, maybe you're right. Maybe. Ah, you caught me. I thought that was some pretty good word play there compared to the rest. I have taken a break from bad puns. You'll see them eventually.

zoom master cookie zoom. <-----CAN IT GET SMALLER I was aiming for even smaller. Shit.
I much enjoy the blue, if I'm honest.

oooooooo I can get smalller. Okay this is hurting my eyes now.
Let's go back to this. Ahem. Okay, what a shame. You'll be red and I'll be a lilac sky. No, wishfully. Lilac would be a nice colour.
Sweeten me up to be as sweet as you? What a wonderful idea. Keep em coming, this is going to take years.

OH ALSO I'M HAVING AVATAR TROUBLES. NOT TROUBLES BUT I CAN'T DECIDE ON A PHOTO.

I did, I even gasped. Okay, not to be cheeky or rude, vulgar but that face looks like balls to me. Just the mouth part. Now I will forever have expectations of cookies. You've set the bar high.

Wow, you veteran. Jealous, hm. Well, trueyou should be. Not only do I get a guide but I got a package deal and I'm not talking about the newbie one, but the deal of a guide and my very own tour guide (( you )) . Okay actually more like friend to bother but.

Me? No, I'm an innocent angel. Haha, maybe you're right. Maybe. Ah, you caught me. I thought that was some pretty good word play there compared to the rest. I have taken a break from bad puns. You'll see them eventually.

zoom master cookie zoom. <-----CAN IT GET SMALLER I was aiming for even smaller. Shit.
I much enjoy the blue, if I'm honest.

oooooooo I can get smalller. Okay this is hurting my eyes now.
Let's go back to this. Ahem. Okay, what a shame. You'll be red and I'll be a lilac sky. No, wishfully. Lilac would be a nice colour.
Sweeten me up to be as sweet as you? What a wonderful idea. Keep em coming, this is going to take years.

OH ALSO I'M HAVING AVATAR TROUBLES. NOT TROUBLES BUT I CAN'T DECIDE ON A PHOTO.
Psh, that's how much of a dirty mind you have then xD Dirty, dirty. . .

I don't think I'm a veteran. . . People have been here for like eight years and stuff, I think I'm somewhat a "newbie" in one way, I'm a fleshling. . . I've even been offered to jump in a stew by the staff T^T Ah. . . I'm the tour guide huh? I'm the cookie distributing tour guide. . . That's not half bad really :D

"Innocent" even if those horns are there to hold up your halo, they are still horns! :P It was good wordplay, I applaud you for that~ <3 :D

I'm glad you enjoy the blue. . . But I did have to zoom to see it xD And yes, it does hurt your eyes when you have to try and read something that small. . . *squints*

The blue is nice though. . . I'm such a blue biased person. . . But I'm anything, but cold :X xD

Oh-o. . . Flattery now? You might be going somewhere in the world~ <3 ;D

Don't worry about that, I know someone who barely keeps his username for a week, so changing avatars isn't really that bad ^^! Though now he's keeping his username, but changing his entire profile each week. . . Suppose that must be his habit =_=; At least I don't need his avatar to tag him xD

Psh, that's how much of a dirty mind you have then xD Dirty, dirty. . .

I don't think I'm a veteran. . . People have been here for like eight years and stuff, I think I'm somewhat a "newbie" in one way, I'm a fleshling. . . I've even been offered to jump in a stew by the staff T^T Ah. . . I'm the tour guide huh? I'm the cookie distributing tour guide. . . That's not half bad really :D

"Innocent" even if those horns are there to hold up your halo, they are still horns! :P It was good wordplay, I applaud you for that~ <3 :D

I'm glad you enjoy the blue. . . But I did have to zoom to see it xD And yes, it does hurt your eyes when you have to try and read something that small. . . *squints*

The blue is nice though. . . I'm such a blue biased person. . . But I'm anything, but cold :X xD

Oh-o. . . Flattery now? You might be going somewhere in the world~ <3 ;D

Don't worry about that, I know someone who barely keeps his username for a week, so changing avatars isn't really that bad ^^! Though now he's keeping his username, but changing his entire profile each week. . . Suppose that must be his habit =_=; At least I don't need his avatar to tag him xD
ME? First I'm mischievous now I'm dirty. I think you're projecting.
Okay, in that case maybe you are a semi newbie. But you're still ranking up. Stew what a stew that would be. Yeah, I'd say that is a pretty good job to have. Cookie giving tour guide. When I see Newbies I'll be sure to suggest pestering you for cookies.
You know, I'm hiding my tail as we speak. My halo hangs off the end of the left horn. I confess.
Hush, maybe a bit but also it's just I went from that awkward new guy to a feeling of comfort. You've brought out my personality. WHAT AN INSPIRATION. That sounded like sarcasm.
Everything is blue...his ...uh I don't know the lyrics of the song. But I do have a poem.

Crystal skies.
Cerulean waves.
They do not crash at the shore but slowly creep in, bubbling their whitest.
The soft sinking sand. Warm to toes that delicately trot along.
Dipping one in to test temperature.
An immediate sign that there is an easy adjust and soon, you are covered in blue if not at the shoulders.
At least to the waist. Leaning back, your orbs cast to the sky and it too mimics the calm waters.
Blue.

I warn, 'M not a rhyming poet. Referring to myself as poet seems pretentious. Yikes.

But okay, I was unaware you could even name change! Or tag people. Good things to know. Though I'm set on my name I reckon.
May be settled with this avatar. MAYBE.

ME? First I'm mischievous now I'm dirty. I think you're projecting.
Okay, in that case maybe you are a semi newbie. But you're still ranking up. Stew what a stew that would be. Yeah, I'd say that is a pretty good job to have. Cookie giving tour guide. When I see Newbies I'll be sure to suggest pestering you for cookies.
You know, I'm hiding my tail as we speak. My halo hangs off the end of the left horn. I confess.
Hush, maybe a bit but also it's just I went from that awkward new guy to a feeling of comfort. You've brought out my personality. WHAT AN INSPIRATION. That sounded like sarcasm.
Everything is blue...his ...uh I don't know the lyrics of the song. But I do have a poem.

Crystal skies.
Cerulean waves.
They do not crash at the shore but slowly creep in, bubbling their whitest.
The soft sinking sand. Warm to toes that delicately trot along.
Dipping one in to test temperature.
An immediate sign that there is an easy adjust and soon, you are covered in blue if not at the shoulders.
At least to the waist. Leaning back, your orbs cast to the sky and it too mimics the calm waters.
Blue.

I warn, 'M not a rhyming poet. Referring to myself as poet seems pretentious. Yikes.

But okay, I was unaware you could even name change! Or tag people. Good things to know. Though I'm set on my name I reckon.
May be settled with this avatar. MAYBE.

I think I'm "learning" not "projecting" ^^

I am a semi newbie :X Totally a newbie to RPing, I've only done so for three years and other people are going strong on fifteen xD I have many seniors I can learn a lot from ^o^! A crystal stew, with a crystal clear taste ^^ (Ah, wordplay <3) I agree, I love my job! Meeting and greeting newbies like yourself gives me a hidden joy! :D And these cookies are a good snack when I have no one to give them too. . .

Ah! I knew there was something wrong with you "angelic" appearance! xD

I'm glad you're feeling comfortable already! That's the entire point of joining a RPing site after all! :D <3 Settle in nicely! You ain't leaving after all :D

:O! You can showcase your poetry if you wanna too! :D <3 I like it though, it's nice ^^ <3

You'll learn more mechanics after a while! :D You tag people by: @name like that! :D <3 Think of it as sending a "poke" to someone if they're not already on that thread ^^! For example, if you saw a thread you thought I'd be interested in you'd go: @CrystalTears and I'd get the alert~! :D <3

I'm already looking forwards to ten avatar changes I'd see during the day :P <3

I think I'm "learning" not "projecting" ^^

I am a semi newbie :X Totally a newbie to RPing, I've only done so for three years and other people are going strong on fifteen xD I have many seniors I can learn a lot from ^o^! A crystal stew, with a crystal clear taste ^^ (Ah, wordplay <3) I agree, I love my job! Meeting and greeting newbies like yourself gives me a hidden joy! :D And these cookies are a good snack when I have no one to give them too. . .

Ah! I knew there was something wrong with you "angelic" appearance! xD

I'm glad you're feeling comfortable already! That's the entire point of joining a RPing site after all! :D <3 Settle in nicely! You ain't leaving after all :D

:O! You can showcase your poetry if you wanna too! :D <3 I like it though, it's nice ^^ <3

You'll learn more mechanics after a while! :D You tag people by: @name like that! :D <3 Think of it as sending a "poke" to someone if they're not already on that thread ^^! For example, if you saw a thread you thought I'd be interested in you'd go: @CrystalTears and I'd get the alert~! :D <3

I'm already looking forwards to ten avatar changes I'd see during the day :P <3
You can't be fooled.
Really? Alright, well I'm about nine years into rping. First time in this...erm like ...in forums. Oh goodness, you're joining in on the wordplay. Now I genuinely crave stew. I don't think that joy is hidden I can sense it in your little expressive thingy mabobs. Giving me old snacks from your pantry are you?

I have, truly. My anxiety melted away. But oh really? I'm not leaving am I?

Can I really? I literally just wrote that. Thank you.

Ooooo I like that. that's cool to say the least. You've everything here. It's truly remarkable.

Honestly. Okay, this one is staying. I think I just have a photo editing addiction.

You can't be fooled.
Really? Alright, well I'm about nine years into rping. First time in this...erm like ...in forums. Oh goodness, you're joining in on the wordplay. Now I genuinely crave stew. I don't think that joy is hidden I can sense it in your little expressive thingy mabobs. Giving me old snacks from your pantry are you?

I have, truly. My anxiety melted away. But oh really? I'm not leaving am I?

Can I really? I literally just wrote that. Thank you.

Ooooo I like that. that's cool to say the least. You've everything here. It's truly remarkable.

Honestly. Okay, this one is staying. I think I just have a photo editing addiction.
I think I recognize my own traits when I see them <-< ^^

*gasps* See?! I am such a baby at roleplaying :X Suuuuch a baby. . . But hey! Someone had to take your first time, and you won't be disappointed that it's iwaku! I swear~ :D <3 Hey, if you think this is all my joy imagine all of it which I say is "hidden" xD I think I'd be that annoying person who smiles no matter what, I could never enter a funeral xD And no, the old ones are for me to eat. . . You get the new ones <3 :D

Nope. There's no exit :D <3 And I'm glad your anxiety melted away~! Melt away like the sno-- *looks out window* Was I too early? ^^;

Yes, yes you can! :D Poetry can also be showcased! :D <3

It's cool right? :D I like the mechanic ^^! There's tons of others that you get to explore if you ever need them~ I'm totally open to answer questions about. . . well most of them, I guess there's probably some I don't know xD And we have almost everything, I still want some sort of cookie dispensing machine. .. :X

Mhm. . . I've heard those words before. . . It's soon gone :X

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.