Hello Neighbor (Sign Ups)

Mobley Eats

Consume. Smother your doubts. Be fulfilled.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Modern, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Drama, Action.
Hello Neighbor 2.jpg
Hello, Neighbor!

We're so delighted to welcome you to our home! Moss Creek is always itching to see some new faces and double the size of our loving community. Need a cup of sugar? Well, you don't have to always leave it to Beaver--just come on over to your neighbor. Trust me, we've got more than enough sweetness to spare. Want to hold a get together for Independence Day? Why, invite the whole culdesac! No reason to grill all those dogs and patties by your lonesome--we've got fathers with "Kiss the Chef" aprons everywhere. Thinking of holding a carpool system for fellow moms and their T-Ball MVPs? Now that's a no-brainer!

Because at Moss Creek, we are a safe, happy, and tight-knit community overflowing with love. You live here, you're family. And family looks out for one another.

Family sticks together!

6FcP3vVkUgJkKylUAf7_O0PM3LXEE50Qx_TLhiRjGyArXcI8tg35N_Jru54T_HSos8WCQFNeGlKi0Fc7KWCjSdXwbrvx66nxlKoPOjanVUttJpFFgP7U1NMd_zamjCLQjVixM24d

Well hello there, neighbor. You've recently moved into the wealthy and sheltered neighborhood of Moss Creek, whether it was due to a change in job venue, moving out to buy your first home, or any reason your sweet little head can conjure. I mean--didn't you know that gated communities can also be used for reformation? Depressed, maybe? Recovering addict? Don't worry, we can help you heal.

Either way, you're living the good life. Calm and peaceful, aside from whatever little relationships or happenings you establish with your neighbors. But, other than that… this is paradise.

Well, until there's a minor hiccup. Or two… or three. Nothing to worry yourselves about, really! Turn that frown upside down! All that matters is that you keep a friendly atmosphere and live the best lives that you can.

In reality, my favorite little nugget, things are a bit… odd. Only sometimes. In Moss Creek, I mean. But the people especially so. There are secrets lurking behind every smile and despite the kindness… Frankly, I'm a tad concerned. A-afraid. They just told me to say all these things and I… I said yes because that was the neighborly thing to do, you know? Oh dear, I'm getting off the script. M-maybe they can't hear me? I don't think anyone's outside… Fuck it. If you're listening--Help. Me. Please. I wanna get out of here! Something's wrong with this place, I can feel it! It's unnatural! It… it's… N-no… No! Get away from--Mmmph!!

Sorry for the interference, neighbor! I had what you call a panic attack, nothing that Moss Creek can't fix though! I hope you can all forgive me. I mean…

That's what families do, right?

tumblr_p2mwnmZp9m1veb2k3o4_500.gif

Welcome to the official Sign-Ups of "Hello Neighbor"!

I'm your (sometimes) merciful Host and GM, Mobley! You're welcome to call me Mobs for short, as that makes me feel warm and fuzzy and validated inside. Don't think you can butter me up, but I won't stop you from trying.

Anyway--this is how the Sign-Up process shall unfold. All who are interested must submit at least one Character Sheet. Keep in mind that writers are allowed up to the 3 characters maximum, but you can hold off on making the other 2 until you're accepted. I'll provide a simple Character Sheet Skeleton for you down below, along with other information you'll need to fill them out. Once you're done, just drop the Character Sheets right in this thread for my reviewing torture--I mean pleasure. I will also add my characters later in this thread.

I will soon set a date for when Sign-Ups will be closed. Once that date is reached, I'll announce another date in which I'll let you guys know which applicants are accepted. Sounds like a plan to you guys? Gucci sushi.

And, as always, stay lovely!

-Name

-Sex:

-Height & Weight:

-Realistic Image (No art or anime please):

-Job (Optional):

-History (Explaining why they moved into Moss Creek):

-Dislikes:

-Other (Optional):

Rules and Rundown:

-Each writer is allowed up to 3 characters. The relationships (or lack thereof) between them are entirely up to you.

-Each character has the option of uptaking a job, which you shall choose from the Job List down below. If it's a stay at home job, then great! If not, then your job is found on the other side of the bridge, which leads out of Moss Creek and directly into the city. Quick and easy!

-If any of your characters have NPCs (family member or coworker, for example), then please add them to the Friendly NPC List, which I will provide once writers for this RP are chosen.

-All characters are allowed to venture out of Moss Creek and into the city, along with other locations that I'll list below.

-But there's a curfew. You must come back by midnight or else… well… just don't be late.

-If any of you want your characters to have a pre-existing relationship or live together as roommates, you are more than welcome to do so! The maximum is 2 characters to one house.

-Any and all sexual content must fade to black. Besides, the awkward pillow talk is way more entertaining.

-Obey all Iwaku Rules.

-If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a dumb question...unless you manage to prove me wrong. Even then, I'll still answer it!

-Notice: This RP is not for the weak-hearted. There will be moments of content not recommended for RP-ers below the age of, eh… 14 or 15. Drama, ranging from petty and humorous to dark and heavy shall occur. If that's not your cup of tea, then this might not be the RP for you.

Job List

-Waiter/Waitress: Dill's Burger | T&J's
-Barista: Loco Latte
-Cashier: Dill's Burger | T&J's | New Leaf | Pawfect Pets | Pinheads Bowling Alley | Best Bargain | Clark's
-Teaching Assistant: Moss Creek Elementary/Middle/High School
-Assistant Librarian: Moss Creek Public Library
-Bartender: Velvet on Ice | T&J's
-Sous Chef: Dill's Burger | T&J's | Pinheads Bowling Alley
-Gravedigger: Moss Creek Cemetery
-Nurse: Theodore-Richman Hospital
-Work from home

Last edited:
http___www.styleswardrobe.com_wp-content_uploads_2017_02_platinum-blonde-hair-color-idea.jpg
-Name: Zahra Garcia

-Sex: Female

-Height & Weight: She's pretty short at a whole five foot four inches and weighs about 123 pounds. Don't call her short stuff though because she has quite the bite.

-Job (Optional): Barista at Locco Latte! She's quite the sassy thing!

Alma Garcia was always regarded as an ugly individual, in reality, she was pretty average with platinum blonde hair and brown eyes. Her mother gave her crap constantly about not being up to par with her looks which sparked an early self-consciousness in her. Other than that Alma's life was pretty average for a teenager in Washington DC… She went to high school, graduated, and got a job as a model's assistant afterward which did not help to confidence. Alma tended to be malicious toward people who were said to be 'better' than herself. Despite her shitty personality love found a way to her hating heart.

While on the job, a boy, Caspar, with bright blue eyes and auburn hair came stumbling around the set in confusion. It was his first day on the job so Alma was instructed to show him around. Somehow he fell for her which was followed up with a marriage proposal. The only reason Alma said yes was due to the fact that out of her high school friends she was the only to not have married yet… Other opinions and actions definitely affect her opinions and actions.

After a while, the two of them found more sustaining jobs, office jobs specifically. It served them well as the couple now had their own home with an ordinary white picket fence. Caspar and Alma discussed having kids but Alma harshly denied him without a single thought but fate took a turn when the two got drunk and had some fun. Alma was outraged that she was pregnant which caused Caspar to leave the abusive relationship that he'd endured for far too long.

Zahra was born October 11th in 1995. She never met her father and probably won't as all her mother has to say about him are bad things. Mention of him gets her punished. Zahra was blessed with a beautiful face, unlike her mother. At a young age, she was entered into beauty pageants, did modeling jobs, and taught how to care for her beauty. THat's all she ever knew as a kid and a teenager but it would be her undoing eventually. During high school, Zahra began to hate her looks as girls would talk crap in front of her and many of her friends were fake. All she wanted to do was become a barista, hopefully, own her own coffee shop too. This dream would spark a drama that would be well remembered.

One day, Zahra gathered the confidence to tell her mother that she was done being a model but instead wanted to become a barista. Her mother yelled and screamed and when Zahra refused to back down she was kicked out with nothing but the clothes on her back. Lucky, her aunt caught wind of this and took the poor girl in which is how she made her way to Moss Creek, Oregan. It took her a while to get back in the groove of things but eventually, she landed a job at Locco Latter Cafe! As a barista of all things!

Zahra has a very sarcastic and sassy personality, she's not afraid to show it either. Being a barista can be hard because she knows pretty much everyone and they all say she's pretty, which makes her uncomfortable. She loves to play with people so that they can both have a good laugh not before serving them the best coffee though!
Since that day she's vowed never to touch makeup or any beauty product at all. You'll never catch her attending a beauty pageant even if her friends beg her. Zahra is pretty much dedicated to her job and serving customers, despite how labor intensive it can be. Boys have never really been a focus for her, not until someone she deems worthy comes along.

-Likes: Anything to do with Coffee or Tea, Cup Art, Painting, Bridge, Ferrets, Blankets, Candles, Hard Work, Her Phone, Drawing even if she's not very well practiced at it

-Dislikes: Animals except for Ferrets, Makeup, Beauty, Stereotypes, Getting complimented on how she looks, uncomfortable clothing, rude customers, people who are obsessed with their looks and themselves more than others

-Other (Optional): High school students tend to make her nervous as they fawn over how beautiful she is. She has a weird hobby of collecting candles! Her temper tends to show if a guy says she should wear makeup or even calls her beautiful, it can come across as "hard to get" but it genuinely bothers her.

"Yeah? And what do you plan on doing about it?" -Zahra-

Last edited by a moderator:
d2cce99e17692067d5ce54bdd610dcf8.jpg

-Name | Simeon MacArthur

-Age | 29

-Sex | Male

-Height & Weight | 6'4", 180lbs.

-Job (Optional) | Sous Chef, Dill's Burger

-History (Explaining why they moved into Moss Creek) | Born to Ruth and Stanley MacArthur, Simeon lived a fairly uneventful life until the passing of his mother from a sudden and aggressive bone cancer when he was sixteen. Following highschool, Simeon left his family home in Colorado and moved across country to start a life with his girlfriend Hailey.

Recently, Simeon moved a second time - relocating to Moss Creek. Following a messy end to his nine year relationship, Simeon yearned for something different... something small and homey again, away from the big city. With only his german shephard Navi in tow, he packed his life in a suitcase, breaking his lease and leaving his job and the bustling world of New York behind to set out for a new adventure...

-Likes: Anything to do with food; the color orange; firepits and marshmallows; his dog; classic jazz

-Dislikes: Loud noises; crowds; anything that comes in a can; cows (don't ask); Lifetime movies

-Other (Optional): Simeon is an accomplished chef, with several years under his belt at three and four star restaurants. He was featured, once, in Food Magazine for youngest chef de'cuisine for an up and coming Pop Up Restaurant in NY, but following his breakup, faded swiftly from the limelight.

amandla.jpg

-Name | Elisage Hooper

-Age | Twenty-two

-Sex | Female

-Height & Weight | 5'5", 115lbs.

-Job (Optional) | T&J's waitress

-History (Explaining why they moved into Moss Creek) | Sage's life was effectively planned out for her the day she was born. What schools she would attend, what ambitions she would ascribe to, even who she would one day befriend and potentially date. With barely a moment unscripted, the first several years of her life were spent adapting to the idea that she would never have much in the way of free will.

It wasn't until her early years of highschool that Sage developed a sense of rebellion to the plan her parents had set into motion. Determined to unhinge herself from their tracks, she found passion in contemporary dance and music. By seventeen, Sage moved out of her family's home and into an apartment with several friends from her dance studio. Sage's passion bloomed into a career, but an unfortunate accident left her with a shattered tibia and pins and screws forever destroyed her ambitions...

Rather than move back home and undergo the miserable reunion with her family's disappointment in her life choices, Sage picked a random place on the map and set off, eventually settling into an odd, but cozy life in Moss Creek.

-Likes | Dance; Thai food; raspberries; Indigo; Finding Nemo

-Dislikes | Anything to do with home or her family; cold weather; swimming; nuts

-Other (Optional): While she cannnot dance professionally anymore, Sage still does what she can to get her groove on. She detests cold weather and swimming - the first because of what it does to her leg, the second because of what it does to her hair.

Last edited:
Name: Henry David Solom "Ami"

Sex: Male

Height/Weight: 6'3, 190lbs

Job: Barista - Loco Lattee

History: Henry was born to a paranoid, delusional woman who was convinced the world was going to end if she did not raise her children to survive the incoming end. Henry's situation would grow worse when his sister Azalea was born, and his father could no longer handle the environment of his home. Henry wouldn't be able to live in the household without constant noise, cluttered, and rage on his mother's part. By the time he was ten, he would remove his six year old sister from their broken home and lead her towards a fellow neighbor. Being taken from their mother rather quickly, Henry and Azalea attempted to adjust. Henry(who was given the nickname of Ami for being such a good friend) would eventually fall for their neighbor's daughter, Corey Wicker. Ami's main plan by the time he was twenty years old was to purpose and move the family from Corey's father, who displayed quite a similar rage, particularly to Azalea. Ami pleaded with his love, only to receive constant backlash and refusal. One night, Ami can never quite recall the exact direction of events, but he found himself breaking down in the garage, having to be forced from the room he had locked himself in. Realizing he could not handle the stress of similar abuse and taunting, Ami would leave the home and take Azalea with him, relieved to find a place to stay. He has typical and long spurts of depression, but he refuses to get it diagnosed or take medication. he is living in a small apartment with his sister, who has found home remedies to soothe her brother.

Likes - Coffee and all things caffeinated, cats(he sympathizes with their bullshit detectors), physical contact (from people he likes, otherwise piss off), strawberries, his signature fuzzy pink scarf(it's manly to accept your little sister's gifts,)

Dislikes - Sweet objects (Caramel macchiatos don't count as coffees, fucking disgrace Karen.), socializing outside of his home, younger residents(it's called peace and quiet), loud noises, scary movies(shut up, it's idiotic to want to see a demon on your screen)

Other: Ami is a piano, harmonica, and ukulele player. He calls Corey on a weekly basis and refuses to see a therapist.

Last edited:
Bailey "Bay" Christiansen

-Height & Weight: 5'9" | 115 lbs.

-Job: Cashier | Pawfect Pets

-History: Bay spent a majority of her life in one place and one place only--the orphanage. Her withdrawn personality warned off every potential parent and she was forced to leave once she turned 18. Fortunately, she refused to let the bad news spiral her into depression; rather, she devoted her last two years at the orphanage to obtaining her GED online and teaching herself anything she could to pursue her dream career. A zoologist. By the age of 20, she was accepted into a college and studied rigorously. She started off strong, maintaining a relatively high GPA and winning over the graces of professors within her department. That is, until she reached a level of devotion that threatened to cripple her with stress, leading to the development of seizures and anxiety attacks. The combination of responsibilities proved to be too much and she woefully left school at 23, soon obtaining a job at Pawfect Pets. She has moved into Moss Creek for the convenience of location and lives with one roommate to split the rent.

-Likes: Animals, All forms of chocolate, Pineapple on pizza, Watching sports, and Physical touch.

-Dislikes: Asparagus, Beets, Pressure, Pity, Blatant Rudeness, Pollen, and Confinement.

-Other: Slowly morphing into a nerd because of her roommate.

Shilia Halverson

-Height & Weight: 5'5" | 120 lbs.

-Job: Assistant Librarian

-History: Shilia grew up in a very privileged and sheltered neighborhood, not much unlike Moss Creek. The only difference was that her family carried an unsavory reputation among the community, especially her father Wilfred Halverson. Eyes followed Wilfred's every move, having suspicion that he was actually the leader of a cult. They never obtained solid evidence of this, however, and Shilia never believed this ludicrous accusation. And yet, there must've been some sort of motivation for Wilfred's murder. All it took was one bullet to the face, a horrific image that is forever burned in Shilia's mind. She didn't even have a chance to take in the murderer's face before he knocked her unconscious. She woke up hours later with the house looted of its valuables and blood rolling down her temple. It didn't compare to the pool under her father's body. The tragedy traumatized Shilia and her brother the most out of the Halverson's, but they struggled through recovery as best as they could. By the time Shilia turned 22, she had earned a college degree in English and Philosophy, and obtained her own home in Moss Creek. Her brother insisted on moving in with her, as they were still one another's emotional crutches. She had agreed without hesitation and they are now roommates.

-Likes: Reading, Tea, Amicable silence, Banter, her brother and anything cinnamon-flavored/scented.

-Dislikes: Spicy/hot food, Rain & Thunderstorms, Crowded places, Prying, and Obnoxious confidence.

-Other: None

Jofie de Saint-Montpellier

-Sex: Male

-Height & Weight: 6'1" | 215 lbs.

-Job: Bartender | Velvet on Ice

-History: Jofie started off with a stereotypical but unfortunate upbringing. His family was exceedingly poor, to the point of where they found themselves homeless for a few years and taking residence in shelters. Jofie wasn't as heavily monitored as his siblings, which made it easy to slip into criminal behavior. It started with shoplifting, then to theft and mugging, before escalating into the abuse and selling of drugs. His downfall came in the form of how fiercely protective he was of his niece, who was roped into joining a cult from fellow classmates. Once Jofie found out, he killed the cult leader immediately and looted the man's house. He was arrested later that night in an alleyway, on the verge of death from an overdose before the authorities saved him. Jofie served ten years in prison, then was put on probation in Moss Creek, where his activity is being monitored strictly. He's allowed to call his niece once a day.

-Likes: His niece, Snark and Sarcasm, Violence, Money, Manipulation and Fish (for pets).

-Dislikes: Wasting time, Sharing, Alcohol & Drugs, Dumb questions, and Invasion of privacy.

-Other: Used to be an addict but hates the idea of using drugs now.

Last edited:
ce61ac1f1a4af8dfdb855b7697bfba91.jpg

-Name | Eleanor Trudeaux

-Age | Thirty

-Sex | Female

-Height & Weight | 5'6", 125lbs.

-Job (Optional) | Elementary teaching assistant

-History (Explaining why they moved into Moss Creek) | Nora was born outside Bucks County, Pennsylvania, her parents both teachers. While greatly loved, Nora and her sister were both encouraged to do the best at whatever they did, and this instilled in them a vastly competitive nature.

Because of this, Nora found herself entering high school with far more on her plate that she could handle, and swiftly devolved a dependency on methylphenidate. Overloading, she eventually crashed and burned, hard, and wound up in a required twelve-step program to overcome her addiction.

Following her recovery, Nora cut back, severely on her work load, and after highschool, decided to pursue a job in teaching. Eventually, this lead her towards Moss Creek, where she took up a job as a teaching assistant in the 2nd grade classroom.

-Likes | Coffee; Coffee; Coffee; Kids; Skirts; Rhododendron; Birds; Board Games

-Dislikes | Negligent parents; Go-Gurt (don't ask); Black tea; Red meat; smoking; Jack Johnson

-Other (Optional): Nora suffers from what's known as Alpha-gal syndrome - otherwise known as a food allergy to red meat. Because of this, she is voluntarily a vegetarian

f028618ba9696d2ddf2ddb21f3dff5af--freckle-face-male-hairstyles.jpg

-Name: Beau "Bo" Colt

-Sex: Male

-Height & Weight: Beau is a pretty average guy standing at five feet eight inches tall and weighing about 199 pounds.

-Job (Optional): He's a gravedigger at the local cemetery along with one other gravedigger.

Juan Colt was raised and lived most of his life in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada where he mined Potash, fertilizer for plants that is a mineral. He was a pretty burly man with lightly sunkissed skin and sweet brown eyes that always seemed to beam happiness. His hair was known for being a messy tangle of blond that almost looked dirty blond due to his days spent in the mine. Not once in his life did he see himself having a family or even finding a significant other but life caught up to him in the best way possible. Juan came across a girl that just set his heart wild, her name was Olivie.

Their meeting was a fortunate one as Olivie, a local reporter, saved Juan from being plowed through by a moose in a park at night. The moose turned to continue it's quest but this time to both of them so Juan grabbed her hand and they ran through the snow together until they ended up at his place. From there their love blossomed until they were dating and pretty soon she asked him to marry her. He accepted in shock and pretty soon Olivie had a child on the way, Beau would be his name.

Beau soon turned six when something that would devastate both him and his mother happened. Juan died in a freak accident while mining. The cavern above his head collapsed and he was the only casualty. Juan had been the small families main source of income which meant that they had to move to a place that was affordable. Olivie also wanted a fresh start from the trauma of her husband dying brought so after some research she found Moss Creek in Oregon, U.S. A seemingly perfect town with seemingly perfect people… If only she knew what she'd be putting her son through…

Beau felt the effects of his father's death but he also occasionally made it hard for his mother. He was a very messy child who liked getting into places he probably shouldn't be. On top of this, he was extremely similar looking to his father with sun-kissed skin and brown eyes but his hair is a tangled brown mess while freckles dot his face as a pen would paper. He was a constant beautiful reminder of what happened and when Beau reached 21 she committed suicide… What made his situation worse was after high school he managed to become the assistant of the current gravedigger… He ended up digging his own mother's grave. It took years for him to recover from the sight of his mother's bloodied form.

Beau was born on November 15th in 1990 at 2:47 in the morning. He doesn't actually celebrate his birthday much as it tends to be a painful reminder of what remains of his family, bones. To everyone else in town, he is a very kind person who seeks no ill-will against anyone, even ones that are rude. Bo is often found in the cemetery at night or at the park with his dog, Hae. Even at his current age, he's still got a knack for getting into things he shouldn't be in, unintentionally of course.

-Likes: tequila, lattes, dogs, books, The Park, Cemetery, Having side conversation, Being called honeybun for some reason, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Movies, People asking him favors, Hugs!

-Dislikes: Rosemary, Honey, Reading, Sad people (He always tries to cheer them up), Sarcasm, Fake People, Lazy People, He doesn't actually like honey buns oddly enough, Pessimism.

-Other (Optional): Most people don't know he's a gravedigger and when they find out its usual shock as his personality doesn't reflect that of a stereotypical gravedigger. He also smells faintly of vanilla and cinnamon.

"It's like digging a really deep bed for someone to forever sleep in, so they're comfortable!" -Beau explaining gravedigging to a child-

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Azalea Temperance Solom "Zal"

Sex - Female

Height/Weight - 5'4, 132

Job: Bartender- T&J's

History: Azalea was the second and last child in the Solom family before it crumbled upon itself as the main patriarchy took up his bags and left home. Much of the blame for the sudden shift in dynamics was placed upon the young child, and it got particularly worse when Azalea's mother placed the blame on her for the end of the world around her. Azalea did not have to handle the constant berating and neglect for long, as Ami had wisely ripped her away from home by the time she was six years old. Azalea enjoyed it quite a bit in the Wicker home until she had grown into teenage hood, before receiving remarkably similar treatment from the Wicker patriarchy. Azalea would spend most of her time out of the home, especially with a neighbor boy by the name of Thomas. The two hit it off rather well, but Azalea would fall into a relapse of bizarre fits. These fits tended to include long periods of quiet, panic attacks, and even attempts of scratching at her own skin. However, when Azalea was placed into Moss Creek with her brother, all these symptoms seemed to have vanished and she has once again grown into a happy, go lucky woman. She hasn't had a panic attack in the last three months, and has marked it on her wall to keep ehrself in check.

Likes: Dogs(who can't just look at them and get instantly happy??), cats(so fluffy), chocolate, coffee, snuggles(she needs daily hugs or she gets increasingly grouchy), her brother, knitting, drawing, adult coloring books, true crime(not committing it, studying it of course! gotta be prepared, ya know??)

Dislikes: Winter(but she likes to bundle up! gives her excuses to cuddle), sour patch kids(Blame Ami for that one), crowded spots, drinking alcohol, older men(she gets rather skittish), romance movies,

Other: Plays the violin, loves to knit, stitch, crochet, makes most of her own sweaters. She is quite the wonder photographer as well, and tries to draw her photos on her own. She has a little stray cat named Fiyerro she feeds from time to time.

Olivia Greene

"Sometimes, the good in this world is hidden in the shadows. So smile and put your best foot forward. Even if you trip, at least gravity is doing its job!"

⑉Name⑉
Olivia "Oli" Greene

⑉Age⑉

⑉Sex⑉
Female

⑉Height & Weight⑉
5'8"|210lbs

⑉Job⑉
Waitress|Dill's Burger

⑉History⑉
Olivia was raised by a loving single mother and her maternal grandparents in a small quiet town. As the only child, she was spoiled sweet by her family. Although her father had been absent for her entire life, her mother worked hard to ensure that Olivia never lacked for anything. Her life, for the most part, was rather uneventful. Aside from a few silly nillys who mocked them for not having an adult male figure in their lives, Olivia never had to worry about much in her childhood years.

Upon graduating from high school, she got engaged to her sweetheart and married a year after. Since he had a well-paying job, she never bothered furthering her education and instead started a small cheesecake business in her home as a side job. It was only after living the dream that reality decided to crash down on the couple.

Two years of trying for a child led to nothing but disappointment. A visit to the doctor left them upset at the news of her inability to have children. Although their lives more or less returned to normal after the diagnoses, Olivia felt as if her husband was growing more and more distant. The thought led her into spiraling into depression. She tried getting suggested treatments and home remedies that yielded no results and cost them a fortune.

Just as she was on the verge of giving up, life played its hand. At the young age of 23 hope was restored for the couple when they found she was pregnant. The two strictly went by the book and prepared for their child. Life was looking up and they looked forward to holding their bundle of joy in their arms. Six months into the pregnancy however, she miscarried and was left devastated. It wasn't long before the only thing that could brighten her days were sweets. Steadily enough she gained weight, further becoming a stain in her husband's eyes. To add insult to injury, her husband who wanted nothing more than to father a child, brought up the subject of divorce. Naturally, she refused. She firmly believed that her first and only would be her always and clung to their marriage with all of her ability.

The attempt proved futile and their marriage only grew more and more heated in the most unpleasant of ways. In a last-ditch effort to preserve their marriage, Olivia suggested living apart from each other for a year, hoping that distance would make a difference. She was stubborn and forced herself to be positive as she packed her bags and gathered the funds she saved from her cheesecake business. Instead of leaving her home as a broken woman, she held tightly on the small bit of hope she had and moved to Moss Creek without a fuss. She still calls her husband whenever she builds up the nerve to and keeps in touch with her family from time to time.

⑉Likes⑉
Flowers
Sweets
Animals
Children
Soft Textures

⑉Dislikes⑉
Math
Small Spaces
Microwaves
Summer
Negativity

⑉Other⑉
▹Eats when stressed or upset
▹Loves to sing even if she can't sing well
▹She's a bit of an older sister/motherly figure to those who need it.
▹Offers support, hugs, and sweets free of charge.
▹After a freak accident involving a microwave and a fork as a child, Olivia refuses to use one much less get close to one out of fear of spontaneous explosions.

ATTENTION: Sign Ups will end Thursday, February 28th and those who are accepted will be announced Friday, March 1st (so the very next day).

That is all, stay lovely and keep sending in your wonderful applications!

Name: Fox Samson Quincy

Sex : Male

Height/Weight: 5'11, 185lbs

Job - Nurse

History: Fox is simple. His life is nothing but simplicity. He was conceived on a cold, miserable winter night. To two, cold, miserable people. Conception is generally a miracle. Fox was not. Nor did his parents believe in such a concept. Foolish men would ask for a child to raise. His mother would rear another. A mistake. A brother. A beautiful mistake. Fox loved the child. As much as a child like Fox could love. Fox could not understand such a word. But he knew what he felt for the child. Affection. Care. Protection. Things a eight year old child could not provide to an ill runt of the liter. It took four years on Earth to end the second child's life. It only took two moments to break the first. Fox could never comprehend the feeling. Never again. Not towards his own maker's. Not towards the man in the sky. No. Fox could only find a hollow interior. Fox buried himself in work. Study after study. Work after work. Meaningless word after meaningless word. He found a simple adoration for such meaningless words. He loved to create them. To form them. One after another, until the empty syllables created more. Joy. Something remarkably similar to the chemical reaction.

Going on to purse this lust for joy, Fox found himself away from his home by the time he was fifteen. Settling into random abode after random abode, Fox found some sense of humanity. Fox would find adoration once again. In the form of a young woman, Fox found his courage to speak and write. Yet, there were problems Fox could not comprehend on his own. Anxiety with socialization. Confusion with mundane practices. Constant panics over small details he could not control. Fox would have simple methods of control over his anxiety. Some healthy. Others physically harmful. Despite his attempts of gaining further access into his studies, troubles abound. His friend would send him to Moss Creek after he refused to come out of his room for a near week. Fox has an interest in medicine, despite his creative background. He finds the human body fascinating. Not the actual human.

Likes - Peace. Quiet. Seltzer water. Chocolate. Learning foreign languages. Piano. Violin. Anatomy. Chemistry. Genetics. Writing. Doodling. Black and white.

Dislikes - Colors. Caramel. Excess amount of people. Unable to solve puzzles or problems. Unable to assist when possible. Trumpet. Geology.

Other - Fox has thick lines stretching across his arms. Black tattoos. He does not speak of why they are there. He also has a tattoo of Stitch from Lilo and Stitch on his leg. He refuses to say why. Knows some french.

Friendly reminder that tomorrow is the last day for Sign Ups and then Friday will be the Acceptance Announcement! Keep those wonderful Character Sheets coming, my peeps!

NOTICE: Hello again, everyone! Today is the last day to post your Character Sheet, so make sure to have that up and ready to go! I will announce this thread as Closed Signups at midnight. If, for any reason, you really do need some more time, please PM me before I announce Accepted Members tomorrow and we can work something out!

Stay lovely, peeps!

NOTICE: Alright, everyone! Signups are officially closed and it is now the deciding period! You all shall hear back from me very soon pertaining to who will be accepted.

Stay lovely!

NOTICE: It's finally that time, ladies and gentlemen. I have reviewed all of your character sheets and have come to a decision. The accepted members are as follows: @Iceydaze , @Elle Joyner , and @KatSea ! Each of you will receive a link to the Hello Neighbor Discord Chat soon!

For those who didn't make it or unfortunately was unable to post a Character Sheet in time, know that this was far from an easy evaluation. Each application was a joy to read and I appreciated getting to know your fictional children. Keep Rp-ing and above all else--stay lovely!

• Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
1e1aa5c11b5e31403546cf9b494a6629.jpg
Name:
Russell Morris
Sex: Male
Height & Weight: 6'3" || 279lbs
Job: Freelance creative fiction writer.
History: Born in Dallas, Texas, Russell was the youngest of a rather large Christian army family. With five brothers to live up too, Russell felt immense pressure to match their charisma and talents from an early age. Not only was each one skilled in some field, let it be football, science, math, they were all in line to make their fathers and grandfathers before them proud by joining the army. Russell did not like the idea of joining the army at all, and instead found solace in doodling, writing, and other creative outlets, which didn't seem to please his parents very much. As a teen Russell was quite rebellious, and did go through something of a punk phase, until his parent shipped him off to military school. Most of the light was squashed out of Russell in that awful place, and he did eventually join the Army.

Russell served five years before his squad in Afghanistan ran over a landmine, and he woke up without his leg. After being honorably discharged, Russell decided it was high time to take control of his life back. Since the accident, he has cut off ties with his family, and settled in Moss Creek because he threw a dart at a map and it sounded pleasant. Currently, Russell is near finishing his murder mystery novel, living off his savings and a surprisingly well selling poetry book he published alongside an old flame of his that is still raking in a fair amount of cash.

Likes: Writing, reading, poetry, art, cheesy rom-coms, children
Dislikes: Clowns, people who are cruel for no reason, his prosthetic, cold weather, uncleanliness
Other: Has a best selling cheesy poetry book on the market and a few lesser known creative fiction works. Walks with a limp, though Russell does his best to keep it under wraps. Likes to drink away his problems sometimes.

Last edited:
ae21c65183a79c46a88925087bf1a71e.jpg
Name: Poppy Haberson
Sex: Female
Height & Weight: 5'4" || 125lbs
Job: Bartender at Velvet on Ice
History: To call Poppy's family dysfunctional would be an understatement. She grew up in a very unstable home, with very unstable parents. Poppy's mother was schizophrenic and suffered horribly with drug abuse, while her father was bipolar and depressive. There was indeed a happy time in their life, when they were much more mentally stable and eager to raise a family. Poppy's elder brother, Alder, was born, and for a time, her parents and their little boy were at peace. But the surprise pregnancy of Poppy and her twin sister Marigold took an emotional and physical toll on their mother; she wasn't prepared for the strain of the intense pregnancy. They were at first triplets, but only Poppy and Marigold survived.

After the complicated pregnancy, their mother was a shell of herself, receding into old habits. Alder, ten years older than the new twins, was resigned to a fate of parenthood despite facing issues of his own. Marigold was a rather cruel child, and often abused her mother and father's weakness to extract whatever she wanted out of Alder and Poppy. Couples with the cruelties from her sister, the indifference from her brother and the ignorance from her parents, Poppy grew up loud, unchecked, and largely emotionally abused.

Alder managed to earn a scholarship to a college nearby and spent as little time as possible around the toxic household environment. He graduated with his bachelors and went on for his masters, and scarcely ever visited home, but Poppy became attached to the semblance of normalcy he represented, and he always made her hot cocoa. But when Alder came home one day for Christmas eve, it ended up being his last. The family woke to find the eldest brother dead at the bottom of the stairs, a horrible freak accident that occured in the dead of night when they'd all been asleep.

Poppy and Marigold grew up. Marigold was accepted into a prestigious four year school for finance and business while Poppy attended community college, lacking any sort of picture of who she wanted to be or any drive that would get her through college, not to mention her issues with classroom settings. So, Poppy dropped out her sophomore year, and retired go Moss Creek, because it seemed peaceful and far enough away from the rest of her miserable life.

Likes: Hot cocoa, smores, rain and thunder, flowers, pets, nail polish, fuzzy socks, musicals
Dislikes: Christmas, violence, darkness, rigidity, classrooms, needles
Other (Optional): Poppy suffers from a multitude of diagnosed disorders, the most prominent of them being ADD.
Roommates with Nora for about two months now.