CLOSED SIGNUPS BY INVITATION ONLY Hello Neighbor (IC)

KatSea

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day
My Usual Online Time
Generally online in the afternoon eastern time
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
More passive but am decently comfortable with leading.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, mystery, magical, modern,
Genre You DON'T Like
Dystopian, Survival stories,
Azalea Solom

Henry doesn't seem to be enjoying himself! I should go loosen him up, perhaps? I do not know what to do with that silly billy! He works himself up so easily, and I suppose I don't blame him, but he really needs to learn how to have some fun! That permascowl is always so off putting...He'll never get girls to look that way with the brooding, constant constipation demeanor. No! No way...Oh, oh dear...oh my GOD!! This is the best puppy! Oh, her ears are so freaking floofy! Floopy? Doopy? Lovable? Yes. All four and so so much more. I feel bad for scaring off his skittish friend but...oh my goodness that fur...I wanna snuggle up to this good girl for centuries to come. I hope she gets cuddles. Oh, oh my goodness this is the best girl I ever did meet...

“What’s shakin’ over here?" A soft, familiar voice broke Azalea's over run thoughts, shattering any hope for getting lost in the soft comfort of the animal before her. However, a bright grin painted along her darkened lips, splitting her demeanor into that of an ecstatic hooligan whose only desire was to spread the emotion. She pressed her chin into the animal's head, tucking the dog's ears safely between her fingers as she massaged the dog's cranium.

"yes! Zal be my name good man!" She exclaimed joyously, taking a break from the lovefest to face the man in question. Had she been in front of any other man without the comfort of her Ami, she would have most likely froze and gone into a stage of stammering, furious apologies, and a desperate bolt for the exit. But she had met this kind man before! And Poppy, the flowery little ray of sunshine was here too. Wondrous occasion to see such warm and friendly faces. It filled Azalea's chest with a roaring fire that flickered on pleasantly against her diaphragm. "Navi? As in Zelda?" She stuck out her tongue between her teeth, the gentle pink clashing ridiculously with the dark maroon against her lips. Her demeanor was once more torn apart by a pleasant grin. "Nerd! But it is so fitting for this lovely angel."

Once again, a wonderful voice broke her trance from the gentle pooch. Smores. Oh! Lord, she hadn't had one since she was a little child! Ami was never into major sweets, but would make the exception everyone in a while for Zal, who he still referred to as his little brat. "Let's go try and find some s'mores before it starts? Who in their right mind would throw a party with fireworks and food without s'mores? It is pure, unadulterated blasphemy I say! besides, it would give us a chance for an adventure." Her head perked up, much like the energetic dog she had the pleasure to demonstrate her affection to. "Besides...I do have an intense craving for chocolate at the moment...and I dont want anyone to get hurt over it."

That was a good execution of a joke, right? I think I nailed it...Oh God Ami...thank goodness you aren't here or you'd blast me for being a dork. What a dink and a half.

• Love
Reactions: Mobley Eats

Mobley Eats

Consume. Smother your doubts. Be fulfilled.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female, No Preferences
A bit of both, lean more towards passive.
Favorite Genres
Modern, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Drama, Action.
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, Mystery (I like them, just not good at it)
Bay Christiansen | Interactions: Peggy | Location: Jerry's Yard to Phil's Yard

“Hooooobey Dobey!” Peggy breathed, absolute content rolling off her in waves thicker than ancient molasses. A happy little jitter seized control of her body before stealing another bite of her perfectly grilled burger. There was no need or desire to find out what strange concoction of condiments she had shoved under the bun and Bay had every intention to keep it a mystery. Regardless of her suspicious looking burger, the quiet blonde couldn’t help but hum her agreement, her own burger setting her taste buds alight.

“Jerry’s burgers… They’re awesome,” Bay muttered. Then, she fell silent and quirked a curious eyebrow at Peggy. “...Hobey Dobey?” Who were either of these people? Or was it just one person who apparently had parents with a sadistic naming process.

“Uh, hello!” Peggy swallowed back a (worryingly) large gulp of beef before gaping at Bay in disbelief. “Hobey Dobey! You knooooow, Sifu Bayou! Our gracious Lards and Shavers? Cleaned chin messiahs? They practically perished under the harmful rays of Lady Sun’s wraith to spare our fates!”

Bay stared.

Peggy stared back. “...You’ve never went to Sunday School, huh?” She clicked her tongue. “Shame, shame. All of the shame,”

“Just strip me of the Sifu title right now,” Bay chuckled.

However, her friend seemed to hold opposite views. Like the crack of a whip, her gaze snapped up from the burger to Bay, eyes wide in shock. She slapped a hand over her heart (it was on the wrong side of her chest, actually) and said, “Oi--Oi! None of that blasphemy talk! There’s only one Sifu Bayou around here and I’m talking right through--”

“At?”

“At her!” Peggy huffed indignantly. “So--there! Take it or leave it, Bub!”

“Eh…” Bay’s head tilted side to side, expression conflicted. “Not sure if I’m sold on buying.”

Another wordless moment, the noise of children’s laughter and rambunctious yapping paling in the presence of their stare-off. Muscles taught. Imaginations dawning them head to toe in the painfully stereotypical cowboy attires and rolling the customary tumbleweed past their feet. Cue the classic whistling.

Finally, Peggy broke. “Fine. At a discount.”

Bay’s eyes narrowed. “Which entail?”

“A body squish?”

A smile pulled at the blonde’s lips. Instantly relaxing, she sat their burgers aside and opened her arms. A famous Peggy Body Squish was always welcome. Without preamble, the eccentric woman crashed into her and enveloped her into what could’ve been mistaken for an NFL tackle. However, Bay was prepared for it and caught her in the tight embrace without any hassle. The pair giggled, one a reserved whisper in comparison to the harking sounds escaping Peggy--with snorts in the mix, of course.

Something fell.

Bay heard it before she saw it--because she didn’t bother looking at all. It didn’t matter. This was a huge block party. Plenty of things were bound to topple over and make a mess at some point; she’d be surprised to come out of this fiasco clean--

“Wow! Bill, where’d you get this??” A woman, average height and curvy build, and sporting brunette locks pulled into a sloppy bun, had her back facing Peggy and Bay as she addressed her husband.

Bill, who was still lounging in that same lawn chair, winked cheekily at her before pressing a finger to his lips and nodding towards Phil. “Phil’s got some new recipe or something. It’s damn good. Might get myself another soon,” he said, eyes already straying hungrily to steam billowing from Phil’s grill. A dry laugh escaped him as he continued sarcastically, “Don’t go letting Jerry hear that, Veil. He’ll get jealous real quick.”

“He can throw a fit all he wants,” Veil said, nose upturned rebelliously, “I’m not letting everyone miss out on this. Hey! Odessa! Odessa! Girl, you’ve got to try some of Phil’s…”

Her voice was swallowed up along with the rest of her by the bustling crowd. It had only been a few moments, just a few, but Bay and Peggy were floored to witness word travel so quickly. Before they could blink, talk of Phil’s burgers had filled nearly the entirety of Jerry’s lawn and slowly, perhaps even sneakily (which wasn’t much), party goers meandered their way to the other lawn.

To the better burgers.

Peggy’s excitement couldn’t be measured. “Better than Jerry’s?? Oh. We. Are. Going. To. Diversify. Our. Oral. Muscles!”

Bay cringed. “The words… The combination of words. We’ve talked about this.”

”Talk later oral muscles now.”

Bay was all but dragged to Phil’s lawn.

---

Back at where Bay and Peggy stood mere moments ago, a male approached. He stopped. Said nothing. Fell stiller than a pocket absent of time and matter. As empty as the void itself. Then, slowly, he bent down and picked up two burgers that had splattered messily across the grass. He wrapped them up in napkins, faint tremors coursing through his sweaty hands.

Eyes distant, Jerry discarded the burgers.

He stared at the massive gathering of people in Phil’s lawn.

The lack of people in his own…

Swallowing thickly, he slipped off his “Kiss the Chef” apron and dropped it carelessly, circling around his house and into the backyard.

• OMG
Reactions: Iceydaze

Iceydaze

Expert Juggler
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Androgynous
Passive
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Romance, Horror, Historical, Magical, Supernatural, ♥Wuxia/Xianxia♥
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry?
Olivia "Oli" Greene

Olivia had arrived much later than expected. As she approached the gathering, she couldn’t help but take another peek at her phone, hoping for a certain person’s reply. Any reply would have done. It had been a week since she had invited Dan to join her. He had an entire week to reject her invitation. It wasn’t like she was forcing him to attend the little cookout and see how she was doing, maybe even meet her friends. At this point she didn’t even expect a call. A simple, “No thanks.” or “I’m busy.” would have sufficed. At least then, her eyes wouldn’t drift around, looking for that tall familiar figure every so often.

However, after refreshing the messages over and over, no new messages appeared. The reality she always faced was a silence too cold for words. An exasperated sigh left her parted lips as she begrudgingly stuffed her cell phone back into her coat pocket. It’s fine. He’s always been a bit of a workaholic. Convincing herself of this, she tucked her coat around her, grateful for the protection it provided from the fall’s bitter chill.

Laughter drew her attention towards the crowd. Even from afar, she could see children frolicking about, playing a game no adult could fully comprehend. A gentle smile tugged at her lips at the sight of their dimpled smiles. Uplifted by their vibrant nature, Olivia buried her troubles and maneuvered her way into the crowd, greeting familiar faces along the way. A hug here, a handshake there. Oh how she loved the people in this small town. Even if they were the kind to stab you in the back and hand out backhanded compliments, there was almost always a smile on their faces, making it much easier to force her own.

Hearing a commotion about burgers that she NEEDED to try, Olivia weaved through the crowd, following the alluring scent wafting through the air and approached the range. The sight of an all too familiar fluffy white tail wagging from side to side caught her attention. Not far off, Simeon stood in line, presumably victim to every dog’s secret weapon. A warm chuckle bubbled up as she made her way over. “Don’t tell me Navi got you already, Sim.” She spoke in jest before turning her attention to the aforementioned pooch. "Not that I blame you. Very few can resist her charms. She's such a smart girl." Her voice took on a silly tone as she cooed and ruffled Navi's soft fur, praising her to the moon and back.

It was only at the mention of s'mores that she finally became aware of the other two ladies near by. Their faces looked familiar. She was sure she had to have seen them around somewhere. However, Olivia couldn't recall their names. S'mores do sound really good right now. Oh how she wished to go with them in search of something sweet and savory. However, she also felt she was too old to go on a wild goose hunt for chocolate with these lovely ladies whose identities were unclear to her. A helpless smile in greeting was all she could bring herself to give them, the urge to sing a tune from 'Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory' too strong to do so much as say hello. She worried that if she actually struck a conversation, she would end up following them to chocolate she really didn't need in her life.

"God, those burgers smell good." Reminding herself of her original goal, she reluctantly pulled her train of thought away from the sweet temptation of s'mores and turned her attention back to Simeon. "I'm famished. Have you tried one yet?"

Mentions:
Simeon & Navi Elle Joyner Elle Joyner

Mobley Eats

Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Anton Halverson | Interactions: Sage Elle Joyner Elle Joyner | Location: Bench

The faintest sigh of relief escaped Anton as Sage rolled with the punches, not even batting an eyelash at his socializing failures. Paranoia still gnawed at his skull, but at least it wasn't as intense as before. Shoulders and jaw visibly relaxing, he merely grunted with a nod. "There could be wisdom found in that. Killing a spider and threatening old ladies, I mean. There's a circle of life lesson stuck in there somewhere..."

A small smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. "Elisage..." He shrugged, eyes falling on the crowd. "I can work with that. Err, not saying that Sage is bad or any less appealing. Just... Yeah. I can work with Elisage." It was something that had always stuck with Anton. He understood fully well that people designated themselves with nicknames for a reason but... He just preferred it this way.

However, he looked down curiously at Elisage's phone and just caught the sight of "Mom" before she declined the call. Ah. Another border that he probably shouldn't cross. Not with a stranger he'd just met. "Not feeling extra chatty with some people?" And yet, he had opened his big mouth anyways. Regret coiled about him the moment those words escaped, his jaw clenching once more. Hoping to bulldoze past his mistake, he quickly added, "Yeah. Uh, I mean no. Party's aren't my thing at all. Sister just kinda dragged me out there to..." He raised two fingers to form air quotes. "Make some friends."

Another chilly breeze sliced through the musk and heat of party goers. Anton couldn't tell if he was grateful or annoyed. Probably both. Always both. His attention landed on Elisage's brace again, growing thoughtful, maybe even curious. He wasn't terribly familiar with the issues of having a brace or poorly constructed cyborg parts, but he figured the cold would do her no good. Steel. Cold steel inside your leg, surrounding by cool weather... It had to suck. A lot. "Uh... here." Awkwardly, Anton stood and shed off his over-sized black sweater; he wore a white t-shirt underneath, but the cold never really bothered him to begin with.

He knelt down in front of Elisage and brought the sweater around her brace, tying it very gently but tightly enough to make sure it wouldn't fall off. It probably looked damn ridiculous, but this was all he could think of. He looked up at her, using every iota of will power not to let the embarrassment show through in his pale face. "If it's too damn goofy looking, just say so. Don't know if this helps or not..."

• Sweet

CloudyBlueDay

consistently inconsistent
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
I check as often as I can.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
Both.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Realistic/Modern, Magic, Scifi, Romance
Genre You DON'T Like
I am generally not a huge fan of RPing Fandom, but it can depend.
Poppy Haberson

Bending down to give Navi a greeting head scratch, Poppy cooed excitedly, shooting Azalea a big grin before facing Simeon again. With an exaggerated sigh, she shot him a disappointed look. “Figures. No one around here really has any taste. I’ll have to handle the s’mores myself. The fireworks though, definitely pumped for that, hell yeah!” She gave Navi another smooch, before Zal’s words lit an excited sparkle in Poppy’s eyes.

“Um, yes! Finally someone gets it!” Poppy squealed, jumping excitedly before Zal and clapping her hands together. “Who in their right mind would throw a party without smores. Absolutely.” She echoed with a snort, grabbing Zal’s wrist and tugging her forth. “Hey, Sim, oh oh oh, hi Liv! We’ll bring you some. Hey, Zal, you like root beer floats?”

Poppy blabbed the whole way through, and even though she had only just arrived at the party, this seemed like a much more fun opportunity to her. S’mores were much more of a party. All they had to do was be back before curfew, and hell, why not drag it out. A drink with friends was nothing to rush past, especially not when it involved root beer floats. “We’ll do floats first, then go get s’more ingredients, oh! If I don’t eat half the bag of marshmallows by then, we’ll make everybody s’mores over the fire. With the fireworks, damn, it’ll be like the fourth of July up in here. Hey, Zal, is it okay that I pulled ya away from the party? Hope that’s what you wanted. I mean, if it’s not, you could totally go back, but… you might get less s’mores!”

Mobley Eats

Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
FIRE HOUR

Time - 9:45 PM | Location - Moss Creek Block Party

“Fire Hour’s rolling around!”

“Fire Hour!”

“Don’t forget the rockets!”

“Poppers too?”

“Of course the Poppers--”

“Fire Hour! Fire Hour!”

“Fuck yeah! I’ve been waiting all night for this!”

Cries of Fire Hour traveled through Moss Creek like rings of a rippling ocean. Although excitement had been the pinnacle of everyone’s state mere minutes ago, the anticipation buzzing about reached a level unmatched. Tradition was afoot. Formations were in progress.

The Moss Creek Fire Hour was amiss.

It was a simple custom, but one that Moss Creek had carried every year since its establishment in 1989. Each and every front yard of veteran residents, rolling carts full of firecrackers and rocket launchers and gas bombs and mini poppers, all the way up to the edge of the sidewalk, prepare themselves for the ultimate countdown. As soon as the long hand struck 10…

Fiery masterpiece painted onto an inky black canvas.

9:45 PM

---

Odessa cut through the crowd filling Phil’s lawn, laying a hand upon the man’s shoulder. “Phil? Where’s Jerry? I’ve done lost sight of that man,” she said, the tiniest hint of concern etched across her features.

Phil blinked away a particular aggressive plume of smoke from the grill, shooting his friend a curious look. “Not near his grill? Jerry was basically born with the damn thing attached to his hip…”

Odessa shook her head. “Not the grill. Nowhere in his yard or Bill’s. I don’t know if he went off to get more gasoline or not, but usually he’d let us know first…” She had noticed the container missing from under Jerry’s grill, and he was notorious for wasting away the substance on community bonfires, but she could’ve sworn that was a freshly bought canister.

Phil heaved a sigh while yanking off his cap, scratching the top of his hair. His lips pursed in thought. “...Screw it. I’ll go look for ‘em. He couldn’t have gone off too far. Odessa, cool this off for me?” Odessa nodded; she had her fair share of grilling experience, thanks to her own father. Cleaning off the rack and cooling down the grill pit wouldn’t be an issue for her.

“I can do that. Just go find that loudmouth bugger before I start worrying.”

“You already are, damn softy,” Phil teased while slapping his hat back on. Odessa merely scoffed and shooed him off in response, and the man scattered off with both hands raised playfully. Phil bounded into his own house to snag a beer--Hell, it wouldn’t be a proper search party without some alcohol swimming through his body. Made him feel more patient that way.

Upon entering, Phil made a beeline straight for the kitchen and rummaged through his fridge, grumbling somewhat as he realized someone had taken the last slice of strawberry cheesecake. Goddammit! How would he satisfy his raging sweet tooth in the god awful hours of post midnight now?

Creeeeak…

A pause.

Phil freed his head of the fridge, eyes narrowing. The fuck was that? Slowly, he closed the icebox and followed the general direction the sound traveled from. Well, where he guessed it came from. His house was still fairly young, just like every home in Moss Creek, and Phil did a damn good job keeping his floorboards and appliances in mint condition. To hear a creak like that… He shouldn’t have.

His feet lead him through a dimly hall connected to the back door.

Another creak.

Phil’s brow furrowed.

The door was open, ever so slightly agape as it creaked with every gentle breeze.

“How the fu--”

Crack!

Darkness.

9:50 PM

---

Odessa smiled and chatted with her neighbors. And yet, her facade was brittle. Bound to fade. The concern started out as mere flickers to a flame; now, her vision and mind were bathed in a raging inferno. Jerry had yet to be found and she failed to hear anything from Phil.

So, her smile strengthened. She traded cheers and tapped cups with an easily forgettable face and name.

Everything would be okay.

9:55 PM

---

She lied to herself. There was something wrong. Odessa could feel it deep in her gut.

The woman had abandoned socializing, cup tossed away and bodies brushed aside, and headed towards Phil’s house.

9: 57 PM

---

The scent of gasoline was heavy. Sharp. So much so that it made Jerry’s nostrils and brain sting. His clothes felt awfully heavy and sticky, the liquid burning and agitating his body. Such a thing was never meant to touch skin, but what reason did he have to care?

Not many.

Jerry gently seated himself on Phil’s couch, a grill lighter in hand, emptied canister cast aside onto the floor. His eyes fluttered shut, his head lowered until the lighter’s barrel met his forehead, and muttering tumbled from his lips faster than the prayers of a zealot.

Chants from outside reverberated through the walls.

“Fire Hour! ...Fire Hour! ...Fire Hour!”

“Fire… hour…” Jerry laughed, borderline cackling. Manic. Broken. Energetic. Sad. Unstable. That smile remained--his one million watt grin that could disarm even the iciest of hearts. He made all the grouches melt with his kindness and cooking. His charisma. Everybody loved Jerry.

Everybody loved Jerry.

A flame flickered to life. He stared at the little fire, eyes wide and glazed over. “And they’ll love nobody else--”

“Jerry! What’re you doing?!”

His gaze snapped over to Odessa, who stood in the doorway with an expression of pure horror. Her nose scrunched up as soon as the scent struck her senses. “Is that… J-Jerry, put that down, now!”

Jerry waved the flame about, almost tauntingly. “I can’t.”

Odessa paled. Quickly, she shouted over her shoulder towards the unsuspecting party goers, “Help! Somebody come help! Please! He’s lost his mind!”

9:59 PM

---

Odessa’s screams resonated at the exact moment fireworks were launched from every single yard occupying the culdesac. Zooms and booms and explosions filled the air, sending pleasant vibrations through the ribs and feet of pedestrians. Brilliant hues and colors raced across the sky, dancing about like sparks of a vibrant and aggressive rainbow. Everyone abruptly stopped what they were doing to taken in the beautiful sight, gasps and exclamations of wonder emitting from them like a mass of white noise.

The chants climbed in volume.

“Fire Hour! Fire Hour! Fire Hour!”

10:00 PM

Tags: Elle Joyner Elle Joyner , Iceydaze Iceydaze , KatSea KatSea , CloudyBlueDay CloudyBlueDay

KatSea

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Adaptable
Male, Female
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Henry "Ami" Solom

Ami didn't expect the young woman's to pop up from her quest of scavenging her food before her, an arrangement of sandwiches too small to even be considered as nourishment(or as Azalea would protest, Ami was a big piggy). He wasn't quite sure if it was amusement, relief or fear that coursed through his veins as her eyes met his, words escaping her swifter than Ami could begin to process them. No, she was in by no means an annoyance to the ears with her given speed, but Ami's eyes drooped in exhaustion as he attempted to pinpoint his attention. "I don't think you'd wanna fight me over food, I'd lose pretty quick." He promised with a thin smirk, brushing back a stray strand of hair from his eyes as he secured a sandwich between his fingers, raising it to take a nonchalant(if not gigantic) bite from it. Having swallowed it with a more merry tune to his form, despite the dull expression that continued to linger at the corners of his eyes, he mumbled.

"Er, yeah. I ain't gonna do that then, don't want to have to my stomach implode on itself. Or, explode? Ah, guess it doesn't matter." Sheepishly, he clamped one hand to the back of his neck as his brow pinched, pain flashing briefly at the intensity of his scowl. How Wicker ever found the compassion and sympathy to fuck you the world may never know. A chuckle threatened to escape him, his own self deprecation serving him well in his time of nipping social anxiety.

"Shilia. I...I do not think I have heard anyone else with that name. It's nice." He commented, assuming this was the appropriate thing to attest to her, trying his best to plaster a smile over his expression. "Er, I think I'll remember you better as Shi, though." Raising his brow, he scrambled quickly to get himself a plastic red cup, skimming the rim of it with his thumb as he considered his approach to a greeting, swallowing hard as he inspected her once more. "Er, the name is Henry. I uh, most people call me Ami. Not hippie bullshit or anything, just once an annoying sibling gives you an annoying nickname, it tends to stick." Considering his sister, his shoulders slumped in relief, the thoughts in his head beginning to be muffled and bleached with his current distraction. No need to worry. No need to...

And then there was a fucking scream, sending Ami's hairs on the back of his neck standing straight up. He...he had to have heard that, right? No one else seemed to notice it in the fog of the crowd, the music loud and boisterous, the food inviting and tempting, people distracted and drowning out the voice of one of their own. So he waited. It had been a brief, stiff wait until the next proclamation met his ears, sending a shiver down his spine. "One second." Placing the cup back onto the table, Ami found himself fluttering towards the woman's pleas, head bobbing briefly in a sea of chaos and bodies, pinpointing a woman calling for assistance.

"The hell is going on?"

KatSea

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Adaptable
Male, Female
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Fox Quincy

A familiar sensation. A gentle touch at his shoulder blade. Perhaps a flinch would be appropriate? A hunch of his shoulders? Fox did not obey the internal command of his desire to survive. His body slumped, relaxation flooding his nerves. There was no longer the need to count. His thumb no longer collided with each individual finger. His nails curled gingerly into his palm. Calm. Safe. Protected by a mutualistic partner in survival. Perhaps, beyond the sense of such primal instincts. Company he had enjoyed. What had his flora described the emotion as? Thrival? Fox could not confirm the grammatical accuracies of such a vocabulary word. He still felt it within his chest. "I would classify myself as a burden, Russell." Expression statuesque, Fox locked gazes with him to express the lightness of such an aggressive comment.

Guiding footsteps. Safe voyage into a sea of calm. Evenly distributed population...Fox's eyes lightened. Approximate equilibrium. Approaching an ideal environment. The notion of alcohol in Fox's system drew him from such a well-concocted fantasy, eyelids peeling back wearily. "Depressant, Russell. Will not assist in the proper balance I am attempting to maintain..." A hard swallow. Fox's embarrassment for the disgust of such a beverage refused to surface. Typical, social interaction. Drink. Speak. Repeat. Perhaps this would loosen his mental blockage. A wiser tone in Fox's skull informed him of the foolishness he would be pulled asunder into.

Not worth any risk. Control of himself was of upmost importance when he could not control his environment. Eyes trained to Russell. A red, plastic cup now placed into Fox's grasp. He dared not observe the amber colored liquid, as if it were meant to assault him the moment he averted his focus. A clink against the two cups. Fox attempted to curl his lips in a smile. "If we retreat to my home I can prepare some festivities. I have some music I can play. Much more considerate to one's ears than this current ensemble..." His mouth curved naturally, downwards and relaxed.

"I will give you ten dollars if you pretend to know me..."

Fox's attention broke from his pleasant thoughts of reclining with his mutual survivor (Poppy and Lilo would refer to such beings as friends). Confusion took over his visage. How could he pretend to know her? This was his flora's living partner. Nora. Yes. He recalled her. He did not know how many words they have shared, or whether or not he could count them on his fingers. "No need for payment. Nora, yes?" Pressing his knuckles to his throat, Fox lifted his cup. Meeting his lips...

He imagined this is what urine would have been flavored. Desperate. Desperate. He counted. Un. Deux...

Swallow. A gentle grimace encased his demeanor. Without thought of consequence, Fox's fingers drifted to Russell's arm. Draped over him. Protective and brotherly. Squeeze. Not enough to break the skin. To decorate crescents. To taint the skin pink. Enough to inform. "Are you not safe? Do inform us if there is an intent of bodily harm..."

CloudyBlueDay

consistently inconsistent
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Not Taking RP Invites at this Time, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
I check as often as I can.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
Both.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Realistic/Modern, Magic, Scifi, Romance
Genre You DON'T Like
I am generally not a huge fan of RPing Fandom, but it can depend.
Russell Morris

"Numbs the pain, Foxy. At least you get to pick your poison." Russell drawled, shrugging nonchalantly. He hadn't meant to throw his own escape onto Fox, but it was a party. A sip or two wouldn't kill him. At Fox's offer at an alternative house party, Russell broke into a grin, laughing. "That sounds pretty fun, Foxy. This music is definitely a little... eh... harsh? I swear that bass is giving me a heart attack." Another swig of beer traveled down his throat.

"I will pay both of you ten dollars to pretend like you know me..."

With a smirk, Russell burst into a bellowing laugh, and then took another swig. "Hope that does it for you. Wow, you're hilarious!" Then he leaned in slightly. "Did that cover you... uh... Nora?" He glanced at Fox. That's what he said her name was, right? Russell waved his hand dismissively. "Like my man here said. No need for payment. Who ya runnin' from? Everyone's always runnin' from someone at parties like these, I swear. Bitchy ex? Annoying friend? Been there done that. Stick with us, ma'am. We're the real life of the party."

Fox's arm snaked across Russell's broad shoulders and squeezed, and Russell grinned. "Hey! Look at you, loosenin' up! Alright, man. And I don't think there's anyone plannin' to harm this lady here. I mean, though, if there is, let us know. I'll beat 'em up for ya." Russell promised as he took another swig, wrapping his own arm around Fox.

Cries of 'fire hour' erupted, and Russell tch'd, rolling his eyes. "Jeez, the people here are really into this fire hour crap, huh?" He expected a little light show. Maybe one in the shape of a heart, but that'd be the biggest. But the screams grew wilder and the music grew louder and as Russell gazed up and upon the sudden booming and crackling shower, his jaw went slack, wiping away the grin.

His hold on Fox came loose, while his grip on the plastic cup grew so tight that it crumpled in his hand, liquid sloshing out. The relentless crescendo of the fireworks rattled Russell more than the bass of the music ever could have, eyes glassy and gaze far off. A damn load of pretty sparklers had managed to thrust him back into the barracks, the endless horrors of..

"W-w-well th-then. Th-th-that's f-fuck-kin' l-loud." Russell wheezed, slapping Fox's shoulder and stumbling back. "I... a-am getting an-nother dri-ink."

KatSea KatSea Elle Joyner Elle Joyner

Last edited:
  • Sympathy

Elle Joyner

I guess...
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day
My Usual Online Time
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
Prestige
Male, Primarily Prefer Female
Probably a mix. When I GM I tend to prefer mostly aggressive, but with input from my players. I like to offer ideas and receive them. I don't like when people just take the reins and run with it though...especially in a 1x1.
Favorite Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Genre You DON'T Like
Anime. Ever. Just not my jam.

Smut. Romance as a main plot. Horror. Grimdark.
As Zal and Poppy wandered off in search for s'more supplies, Sim's attention shifted to another familiar face, and laughing at the teasing accusation, he shrugged, "More like, I know better than to try and keep this little terror from food when she wants it. Just about lost my arm getting here."

His gaze drifted back to the crowd, gathering now around these supposedly famed burgers, and rubbing the back of his neck, he shook his head, "I haven't tried one, no. Gotta say, being the guy who's gotta serve these people burgers tomorrow for a living, I'm a little bit intimid--augh!" A burst of flames overhead spread in colorful cacophony, with an explosion in the sky and ripped across Simeon's chest. Pain lanced as Navi suddenly, inexplicably bolted again.

This time, her motion pulled away from the grills and as she nearly yanked her owner's shoulder from it's socket, Sim bore down, just barely managing to hang on to the leash in hand. His eyes flicked up to see what had spooked her, and he could just barely make out the woman, stumbling around the outskirts of the block party. Her cries for help were nearly drowned out by another raucous pop of fireworks, but Navi's keen ears perked and swearing, Sim tugged to keep her from running again, "Navi! Knock it off, would you! You're gonna break my--" Frantic barks erupted then, and with another forceful yank, the leash snapped out of his grasp and Navi launched across the lawn, Simeon racing behind.

"You might be the first person who's ever felt that way..." Sage remarked with a small chuckle, as Anton commented on her name, "Though I guess considering how I lead with that... It's probably my fault no one uses the full version."

His eyes flickered to the phone a minute faster than Sage could hide it, and a wry smile formed, head bobbing with a nod, "You could say that. My parents... They're uh... Not exactly thrilled I decided to venture out on my own. They've been scheming for weeks now, trying to get me to give it up." Looking up at him, her smile softened, "Thank God for stubborn, right? And hey... Tell your sister thanks. Cause I don't mind the company."

His sudden shift was met with a curious look, brow raised as he stripped off his sweater and knelt in front of her. It wasn't until he'd tied off the sweater ovet the brace that she realized what he was doing, and cheeks warming, Sage beamed, "...And folks say chivalry's dead. That's... Wow. Thank y-- Oh... What...?"

Chanting suddenly and unnervingly filled the air, shortly before an explosion of colors lit up the sky and Sage jumped at the sudden sound, eyes skimming the heavens with a mark of awe filling the momentary concern, "Oh... Wow."

Nora breathed out a sigh of relief as the hulk exploded in laughter and through her peripherals, she caught sight of the familiar figure skulking off, no doubt to chirp in the ear of some other unsuspecting victim.

"No bodily harm, Fox." Looking to the odd man with a small smile, she shrugged, "Just avoiding Suzie Homemaker and her army of creepy blond clones. Thought I shook her off going to Jofie's butt, damn, if she isn't persistent. Anyway... You're both heroes. Drinks on me. Thank-- I'm sorry. Are they... chanting??"

With a sudden loud series of bursts, like canons exploding over the cult-like cries for fire, the night sky bloomed with fireworks, but Nora's eyes didn't filter up. Looking to the brute of a man before her, her expression adjusted to one of concern, "You alright there, Hercules? Looking a little pale..."

She cast a glance to Fox, the concern deepening, "Maybe you should sit?"

• Love

Mobley Eats

Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
GM Post: Come Together (Over Jerry)

“Help! Help, please! He’s lost his damn mind!!”

Odessa sprinted through the lawns and bustling throng of partygoers faster than she had ever moved in her thirty-eight years of living. Sweat rolled down her overheated face, soaking through and ruining whatever waves she had spent hours beforehand ironing into her hair. With every distracted reaction she received from careless neighbors, the more and more her frustration climbed--

“The hell is going on?”

Except for one voice. A male one, disgruntled but swimming with a panic that was oddly sweet to Odessa’s ears. Finally--finally! The woman came to a stop before Ami, hand resting over her pounding heart as she struggled to catch her breath. “Jerry--it’s Jerry! H-he’s in the house! Gasoline, everywhere! He’s gonna… He’s gonna light himself and the whole damn place on fire!”

Shilia, who had followed after Ami the moment she registered the screams and concern in his visage, appeared towards the tail end of Odessa’s babbling. It was more than enough for the pale woman to connect the dots, however, and she grew impossibly paler in response. “O-oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear… M-ma’am? It’s okay, just… take us to him. W-we’ll try and… and…”

And what? Shilia didn’t have the slightest clue. She wasn’t trained for a crisis situation like this, wasn’t emotionally nor physically built for this kind of pressure. She was nothing more than a tea-loving bookworm.

Regardless, whatever regrets she had were thrown under the bus as Odessa seized her and Ami by the wrists. “We’ve got to hurry!” In short order, she dragged them back to Phil’s house, coming to stop in his lawn where even more civilians had gathered in a mixture of craving more burgers and catching onto the rumor of Odessa’s panicking. She nudged through the extra bodies angrily--if none of them were going to help, she could care less about fake friendliness right now. She pointed ahead. “In there! Jerry could light the place up any…”

And then her hand fell.

The front door was closed shut.

“That… That idiot didn’t!” Rushing forward, Odessa pulled and yanked at the knob, only to be met with what she dreaded.

The door was locked.

“Shit!” She tossed a glance over her shoulder, desperation climbing at the appearance of another man chasing after his dog. “Help me open this! Quick!”

Anton cleared his throat awkwardly at Elisage’s reaction, not entirely sure how to reciprocate or respond to the sentiment. In the end, he just nodded and sat back down on the bench, posture hunched.

“Don’t worry about it,” he muttered, focusing on the cuts and calluses decorating his fingers, “Sis always said that I might be an ass, but she’s determined to make me an ass with manners. If that, uh, makes any sense.”

His brow furrowed. “Scheming…” At first, Anton held partial sympathy on the parents’ part--if it were up to him, he’d be slow to venture out and leave his family behind too. One never knew when something like that could just… However, with her mentioning of “scheming”, hesitance overwhelmed the sympathy--skeptical, in fact. He squinted in confusion. “Well, nothing about that shit sounds convoluted at all,” he drawled sarcastically. “I’m sure it’ll be fine. I guess stubbornness can be a good thing when you really need it--sounds like a perfect fit for your smothering gene donors situation.”

And then there were explosions. Bright. Colorful. Abrupt. Incredibly loud--as if the increasingly rowdy volume of the concert wasn’t disturbing enough. At the awed reaction from Elisage, Anton relaxed somewhat, letting his jaw slacken enough to let his grimace melt away. He didn’t want to ruin this for her.

“It’s uh… It’s beautiful and all. Just wish they wackjobs didn’t have to chant Fire Hour like some kind of cult…” Oh. That was a coincidentally dumb comparison. Sourness almost bubbled up his chest, but he managed to extinguish the feeling before it had a chance to surface.

“Whoaaaa--dudes! And duddettes! The heck is going on??”

Bay blinked at the foreign disembodied voice. She looked about, failing to matching a face to the exclamation at first--there were just too many people to count, especially since the total was steadily climbing by the second. It honestly peeved Bay off to see so many individuals showing up, yet a single finger refused to raise in assistance to the screams. She and Peggy had responded to the distress call immediately, which lead them to standing a few feet behind Odessa as she wrangled the door.

“Uh--Hey! Yeah, haha! Over here! This cutie!”

At the second calling, Bay managed to pick out the newbie. It was some blonde dude, likely her and Peggy’s age, with a tall and lanky stature. In fact, there was something incredibly goofy yet confident about his demeanor; he jogged clumsily up to the pair of friends and took a moment to smooth out his black Fifth Element shirt before addressing them.

“You see all this insanity going on?? It’s--like--the opposite of sane!” he sputtered while jabbing a thumb towards Phil’s quarantined house.

Bay took a tiny step back. She was never savvy about talking with strangers, let alone abrasive ones. “I… yeah? It’s crazy--”

“Bay…” Suddenly, abruptly, and to Bay’s utter confusion, Peggy’s hand tightened significantly around hers. Her banana-haired friend had lost all traces of careless radiance in her visage, which was now branded with a stoic expression, a guarded mist coating her eyes. “Don’t talk to him. We gotta go.”

The blonde man didn’t seem to notice Peggy’s stealthy hostility, so he merely held a hand out towards Bay. “Oh! Uh--Stan! By the way! My man, haha! If you couldn’t tell what I was talking about, ya know? I bet your name’s as pretty as you are, right cutie?”

“U-um…” Bay shot Peggy an uncertain look from her peripherals, completely floored and lost. What did her best friend have against this Stan guy? Despite her aversion to social interaction and overly bright personalities, he seemed decent in her book. However, if Bay trusted anyone in this situation, it was Peggy. She always would, no matter what. “It’s not important. Like Peggy said, we have to go,” Bay muttered.

Stan blinked and lowered his hand. “Oh. Uh, okay then! Laterz!”

Bay had every intention of leaving, but Peggy’s insisten tugging beat her to the punch. As they pulled away from Stan, Peggy burned twin holes through the man with another glare at last second. “You stay away from us,” she warned.

Stan just smiled and continued waving. “Heh… I still got it!”

Bay looked at Peggy cautiously, a hand on her arm. “Pegs… What was that about?”

Peggy’s jaw clenched. “Just stay away from him, okay? Promise me?”

Bay faltered, but nodded nonetheless. “R… right. I promise.”

Doors were locked. Odessa was yelling and banging at the door. More and more people were gathering outside…

Perfect.

If Jerry wanted to do this, he was going to do it right.

He peered through the curtains, glazed eyes taking in the panic and curiosity and hysteria. This would do just fine. It had to. It was all he ever wanted.

Look at everyone paying attention to him. Fretting. All over him. Him. Him. Just him. No one else. Not Phil. Not his stupid overrated shit piles for burgers.

Just. Him.

Jerry sat back down, resuming his previous position with the lighter cradled against his face.

“Soon,” he breathed hoarsely.

Just a little bit longer.

Tags: Elle Joyner Elle Joyner , KatSea KatSea , CloudyBlueDay CloudyBlueDay , Iceydaze Iceydaze

• OMG
Reactions: KatSea

Iceydaze

Expert Juggler
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, Chat Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Androgynous
Passive
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Romance, Horror, Historical, Magical, Supernatural, ♥Wuxia/Xianxia♥
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry?
Olivia "Oli" Greene

One moment Olivia was chatting with Simeon about burgers, the next the roaring of the crowd drowned his voice out with a grand chant. “Fire Hour! Fire Hour! Fire Hour!” Somewhat new to this, Olivia couldn’t help wonder what they were going to do with fire for an entire hour. The chants riled up her anticipation, lighting up her eyes with expectant curiosity.

Her curiosity was sated by a faint whistle that could barely be heard over the excited crowd that surrounded them. Long streaks of light cut through the night sky before climaxing at its highest point with loud booms and a splendid display of colorful sparks bursting in all directions. It was a beautiful sight to behold, so beautiful, Olivia almost forgot to breathe. “Ooh fireworks! That makes sense!” She cried out, joyful and oblivious to Sim’s predicament. After hearing no response, did she turn to Simeon only to find him gone. A little looking around and she found him running off, racing after Navi. ’Was she frightened by the fireworks?’ She wondered to herself, worried over the dog’s state of mind.

Under the impression that Navi was frightened, Olivia ran off after the two, hoping she could be of some help to Simeon and Navi. The situation slowly made itself a little clearer to her the closer she got to the house. It wasn’t exactly what she was expecting. A woman was desperately calling for help. One would think that with such a massive crowd around, her please would be answered yet for some reason most of the bystanders simply stood by and watched.

Soon Olivia found herself in the same position as them, watching from the sidelines. The woman was banging on the door, seemingly wanting in as others gathered around to watch. Although her understanding of the situation was very unclear, Olivia at the very least understood that they wanted to go inside. But for what? A slight movement from one of the windows caught her eye. A vague shadow could be seen behind the curtains as the fireworks over head lit up the scene enough to make it out. As the firework faded into nothing, so did the shadow.

As the woman’s cries grew more urgent, Olivia felt the urge to do something; Anything to help. Out of impulse, she ran forward and grabbed a little ceramic gnome that decorated the lawn and protected the home. If it was going to fulfill its purpose, it may as well do it now. Without the slightest bit of hesitation, she hurled the gnome through the same window she had seen the shadow in. It was only at the sound of the glass shattering that she realized her actions were really stupid. Her fingers moved calculating the amount she would need to pay the owner to make it up to them.

“Oh god, what did I just-” She paused in the midst of her counting as a familiar scent drifted out from the house. Gasoline. The fine hairs on the back of her neck stood at attention at the realization that this was more than a simple rescue. “W-we have to get out of here. No, but that person..” Conflicted, her frightened gaze swept over to the others who seemed to have gathered to help as well completely at a loss as to what to do.

Mentions:
Simeon & Navi Elle Joyner Elle Joyner
@Others Present

• Creative
Reactions: Mobley Eats