1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
You can call me anything, just don't call me late for dinner.

I'm 29 M, and recently back into writing for fun. I started forum roleplaying at about 14-15, and moved to tabletop and other sorts of things in the interim. As such, I've developed a taste for games with consequence, persistence, and character growth. The term "free form" is a little dirty to me now.

I would like to find individuals or groups with similar interest in long-term settings and taking things semi-seriously. I'd like to write with mature players that enjoy resistance and consequence. I don't have a favorite setting. If it has clearly defined characteristics and boundaries, I like pretty much anything.

I like making rule sets and systems, but avoid most of the obvious contenders like DBZ roleplays, Naruto, etc. Some things I want to do:
  • Age of Sail pirate stuff
  • WW2-era aces
  • Espionage, modern/ancient
  • Star Wars
  • Tribal Kings
  • Hunger Games
  • Hogwarts for ninjas
My dream roleplay would be large-scale with competing characters that develop power and influence, as well as scars and enemies, over time. It's a lofty goal but the first step is finding those other people. So I'm here! Feel free to ask me about myself, or if you want to hash it out about settings/roleplays.

Hello, and welcome to Iwaku! It's nice to meet you! I'm not much of a group RPer myself, but I know we have plenty here who are, so hopefully you'll be able to find some new friends to start building that dream roleplay!

If you need any help with anything, please reach out to me or another staff member :D

Hi, Moor! It's nice to see someone who started roleplaying around the same time as me. I'd love to talk about TTRPGs with you sometime! :cheerful: I think your dream game sounds really cool (I love a good scar mechanic) and I'm really excited to see what you do with it.

Welcome to Iwaku. I think you'll find lots of other players with similar interests. ^^

Please go start Hogwarts for Ninjas. 😂 I don't wanna play in it, but I would have a blast watching that roleplay.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to Iwaku! Hope that you enjoy your stay here with us and find a group roleplay to join or create one of your own.

Either way, I'm sure that you'll fit right in here.

Good luck and happy writing! 🤍

Welcome aboard!

Hmmm... You like tabletops, I see. :O If you join the Iwaku discord, I'd be happy to invite you to a monster-loving D20 homebrew RP in the open alpha testing phase. ;3

hello newbie! welcome welcome, i hope you find iwaku cozy and comfortable! i'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of new friends and partners with similar plot candies and themes as you <3
as always, please don't hesitate to reach out to any staff if you need help! enjoy your time and happy roleplaying

Welcome Welcome! I love your string of ideas you're into and I know someones gonna snatch em up! This place is pretty great not going to lie to you, and if you need anything just let us know!