1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Have you been spending time on Iwaku and realised that you want to lend a hand in the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the site to help foster a harmonious and effective haven for writing?

Maybe you really want to put your energy and ideas to work in keeping things tidy and making sure that everyone is following the rules so that the site chugs along smoothly like a well-oiled machine?

Or perhaps you just really want a fancy red username and donor perks paid for with your blood and sweat for free?

Well, you're in luck! After a period of semi-hibernation on the hiring front, the admin are looking to hire a new crop of staff to take care of the site and help support the admin and the lovely staff that are already hopping about doing their best to keep everything in order.

We do have a couple of things that we look for when we hire, like whether or not you've been around for four months or longer and if you've behaved yourself in your time here (you can take a look at the top of this page for the whole list). However, we're not robots and we aren't going to toss out an application just because you had a thread in the wrong forum once! We look over all of them and we're usually keen on giving people a chance if they seem sincere so if you're interested, you should send in an application with your best foot forward.

One thing to keep in mind is that we have decided, due to previous issues with past staff members, that we will be requiring all of our staff verify their age. We understand that this is a difficult ask for some and are genuinely sad knowing that this will be a sticking point for members who could otherwise be wonderful assets but we have unfortunately had issues with members circumventing age rules and becoming staff. As such, we feel that this is something that we must prevent to maintain integrity of our team and ensure that those we trust to enforce the rules are also following them.

As a staff member, you will be able to touch some of the shiny staff-related controls on site (like moving threads) as well as having complimentary donator perks for your entire duration as staff (which includes features like bumping). And, perhaps most importantly, you can help Iwaku look and feel its best.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, send in an application.

Thanks for reading!

As a staffer of two years (omfg it's been that long???), I highly recommend sending in an application even if you're not sure if you'd be good at it! I'm hardly the most senior staff member, but everyone who was there to help me learn the ropes was super kind and understanding. I was super nervous about sending in my application and almost didn't do it, but I'm very glad that I did! I love helping out around the site, and getting to know the other staff members as well!

As a staffer of two years (omfg it's been that long???), I highly recommend sending in an application even if you're not sure if you'd be good at it! I'm hardly the most senior staff member, but everyone who was there to help me learn the ropes was super kind and understanding. I was super nervous about sending in my application and almost didn't do it, but I'm very glad that I did! I love helping out around the site, and getting to know the other staff members as well!
Sounds like propaganda to me
:thinkingemoji:

I was a staff member for two years (?) and I can say it was a rewarding experience. It helped me grow as a person, made me overcome my self-doubt and taught me to become more assertive.

I don't have the time or energy for it now, but to those that do: definitely give it a shot. You might learn a thing or two about yourself.

They forgot to mention that they need your soul before they can turn you a nice shade of red. To do that you will be a light blue first, after which they throw you into the intern hotpot and then stew you until you get the desirable colour.

And don’t forget about the monthly campfires. Every first Wednesday of the month for the juicy gossips. Take notes.

Ah, times~

Hi, ex-Iwaku staff (Was staff for 4 years) here. It's definitely not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time as staff. In fact, the career path I am currently pursuing is because of my time as Iwaku Staff. So something can be said about that.

So if you are interested, for sure submit an application. These guys are fantastic, and you will learn a lot along the way.

JOIN SO I CAN BE LAZIER

Hmm...staff looks different now, but nice to be back! I really missed it!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lylith and Maggie
Hm, interesting looking into it. I might do it after mulling it over..

My misbehavior record is 800 miles long.... :D Can't apply but I show support...

• Haha
Reactions: Lylith
Even if you're not sure about it, you can always just let an admin know it's not for you, and you can quit at any time. Can't hurt to give it a go, right? ;3

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on staff, and would recommend it to anyone who has a love for the community and wants to do what they can to make it as great as it is (and as great as it can be)!

Love you guys. <3

• Useful
Reactions: Lylith
I would not mind being admin I suppose.. would need LOTS of training however! Plus my new Sitel job, only gives me Sundays and Mondays off.. would that be a problem? I pull about 40 hours a week now :)

What's the processing time on applications?

What's the processing time on applications?
We typically try to do hiring and such on the first of the month but we are running a little behind, sorry! If we for some reason want to wait for some reason (for example, someone hasn't quite been on the site for four months) but later on would like to have someone as staff, we tend to send a message first to make sure that they're still interested, though :)

• Thank You
Reactions: s p o o k
can i instead send in an application for a dinner date with one or all three of our beautiful despotic tyrants? We can go to McDonald's where I will purchase sweet and sour sauce that we can eat with our fingers.

MAKE IT RED LOBSTER AND YOU GOT A DEAL

the only shellfish i'm interested in acquiring during this date is crabs

wait

• Haha
Reactions: tcnic
can i instead send in an application for a dinner date with one or all three of our beautiful despotic tyrants? We can go to McDonald's where I will purchase sweet and sour sauce that we can eat with our fingers.
Hol' up, trying to decide if making a whole new reaction just for this is worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: PoetLore